Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Laura ( AKA lelbarou)
    I just wanted to introduce myself to the new members.
    I am 53 years old ( Just had my B-day) and I live in Toronto.
    I have had struggles with my weight since I was about 7 or 8 years old.
    I started buying chocolate bard and candy a lot early!
    I can say that I have always had problems with staying on track.
    In the summer, I managed to do about 3 weeks by myself of healthy eating,
    but I fell of the wagon and couldn't seem to get on.
    Since I have been on MFP and been with this group, I have been able to stay on track.
    The support from this wonderful group is really amazing.
    I can pretty much guarantee that you will benefit from it.
    I have a history of binge eating, but except for an incident weeks ago,
    I have been able to not to this thought sometimes I am really tempted to...

I welcome you to the group and wish you all the best on your journey.
    WE are there for you! WE GOT THIS!

I'm always inspired by your consistency. Good luck with making the best decision for you in concerns to your thyroid!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for letting me join in the Challenge.

MFP starting weight: 223.4 March 8, 2020
    Current Weight: 164.9
    Goal Weight 130.0 (I have big dreams)

I just turned 57 in October, am divorced but have a long time boyfriend. I love animals especially cats and horses. I have had three cats over the years. Can no longer have cats due to being a kidney/pancreas transplant patient. The doctors worry about toxoplasmosis. I have also owned three horses and competed in western pleasure, jumping and training level dressage while schooling first and second level movements. Have also owned three great danes. They are a mellow dog but clingy as saran wrap. They always wanted to be sitting on my foot or leaning against me or in my lap at all times.

My boyfriend went into the hospital on Thanksgiving day with Covid and pneumonia. He is currently in the ICU and will be in the hospital for at least two weeks and possibly Christmas. This is a huge disappointment to him as he was hoping to spoil his grandchildren. I have no children myself but enjoy helping him shop for them!

I live in Iowa. Ninety of the ninety nine counties are over 15% positivity for Covid. At one point in time my town was over 40% positivity. Currently in the twenties now. Only recently did our governor issue a mask mandate and it is not very stringent. However, she is really proactive about closing businesses so am worried that local gym will be closed after the Thanksgiving surge. At this time we wear masks and the number of people inside at one time are severely limited. Will have to look into things to do at home other than shoveling snow which is a given.

Am looking forward to getting to know you all better and cheer you all on.

I am so glad you joined our team! You couldn’t get a more supportive bunch. I am so sorry your boyfriend got this terrible virus. I will pray that he recovers and can spoil his granddaughters. That is pretty scary the covid positivity rate where you live.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Apparently Dakota my German Shepherd broke a record today ...The fastest dog to break the cone on his head ...I had to go back to my Vet. to get a new cone which cost me 17.00 jeeez :)

Get a pool noodle and run a belt through it to fasten it. It keeps them from liking. My greyhound destroyed hers before we even left the parking lot
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    December plank challenge starts today. I am so going to be in trouble.
  • 363days
    Options
    Monday feedback
    No Binge eating - yes
    Track daily - yes
    Exercise daily - yes, dog walk
    Meditate - yes
    Tracking irritation - Example - I eat 2 eggs but it won't let me put two, I have to add one at a time. Am I doing this wrong? I could tell I ate less because I had made a commitment to track.
    No Binge eating - I have chocolates that I "bought for my Grandson" (ya, right). I kept thinking about them and I used the thought process from Beck's book that I'm working on a new muscle by rejecting them. I had 3 different episodes where I almost went for them but laying on the couch, watching Netflix, I was able to tell myself I was "working out". I wish I could give our team member credit who mentioned this book, haven't found the post again! I am ordering the book. Another new strategy I used - when I got up this morning I sat in meditation and asked myself how would I feel if I had eaten the chocolate - guilt shame, etc, and I could literally remember how that feels. I told myself eating chocolate is ok, but not as part of a binge and I don't want to feel like that.
    Find magic in your day - Patti
  • 363days
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/30 steps 7707
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970 wrote: »
    I am about to do the December Step Challenge.... Is there anyone else who wants to remain or be added ? Please let me know ...Thanks :)

I think you have me! I am staying at 4500 but come January I will be changing that goal. Can you tell me how many steps you would get for going the breaststroke for 30 minutes? I am curious! /b]

I do have you on the step challenge for 4500 .....I do not have steps for a breaststroke but what I do have is Swimming Leisure 133x 30= 3990................................... Swimming Moderate effort 174X30=5220 ..........Swimming Treading water 49x 30=1470........Swimming vigorous effort 222x 30=6660 and water aerobics 100x 30=3000

Thanks Megan! This is great info as I plan not only to swim but do water aerobics. I am asking my secret Santa for water weights and a flutter board.

Apparently Dakota my German Shepherd broke a record today ...The fastest dog to break the cone on his head ...I had to go back to my Vet. to get a new cone which cost me 17.00 jeeez :)

You can buy cones on Amazon, Walmart and pet stores that do not break like the plastic ones.

draby2011 wrote: »
    Sorry I missed my weigh in on 11/28!

I weighed in at 234 which was a 4 pound loss. I was expecting more but mother nature had other plans. I had a crazy day at work that day. I literally came home, took a shower, and crashed. Then at midnight that my mom's foot (she has charcot and chronic diabetic ulcers which she sees a podiatrist for. She has had 15 surgeries on her left foot since the beginning of the year. Her right foot was doing better with bovine skin substitute but her body rejected it last Wednesday leaving her with a gaping hole.) had taken a turn for the worse. Just the day prior I had done her dressing change and it looked okay. However, with diabetes, things can change in minutes. Her foot turned black and purple in a matter of days. Of course our local hospital does not staff and orthopedist or podiatrist on the weekends so she had to wait until today for them to see her. According to her podiatrist, it doesn't look good and the last I was told before she knocked out from the pain meds was that they were doing an MRI to see how far up the leg the infection has travelled. Tomorrow we will find out if they will amputate her foot, or her foot and leg below or above the knee. My mom is devastated and saying she isn't going to let them do it but mentally she has become unstable so if she needs to have it done, I will see to it that it gets done for her health.

Anywho, I am still reeling off the lack of sleep that came from that night. (A lot of drama in addition to her health, like her boyfriend refusing to take her to the hospital and her having to call an ambulance and her talking crazy then telling me to go to bed, smh) Anywho, I have not been fasting like I should because of the stress and I know that is not an acceptable excuse but I will get back on track with it yet again. I also have an appointment Wednesday to see my PCP. I am sure she won't be happy with me but at least I am trying.

Anyways, I will catch up with you guys tomorrow (maybe lol, it is a hospital day and we were just approved for a medication to treat COVID..well, treat the symptoms? Basically it is like Tamiflu...for COVID and they're promoting it like crazy so I am expecting the flood gates to open.)

Ya'll have a good night!

29th November

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 17 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️ (If I get my butt into gear- gotta type fast!)
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 14,391

Just a quick check in because I'm running a touch late and still need to shower before bed lol.

Today has been busy- work, supper and workout, that's been basically it. Tomorrow I have a couple of appointments but I can restttttt. Back to work on Wednesday.... then 9 days off!! Woohoo!!! I have a lot planned for those 9 days for sure... cleaning! Walking and exercising!

Got my pre-weigh in nerves. Hope the scale is kind to me in the morning!

Have a good night all, stay safe <3
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in Nov. 30
    Track- yes
    under - yes
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 7985

weigh in
    PW 331
    CW 329.6
    LTD while on MFP - 25
    LTD 39 (TOTAL)

So, I found out today that I have again the same abnormal result with the thyroid biopsy, so I have choices, but the doctor recommends I have the right side or lobe of the thyroid removed. I have the choice of waiting and seeing, but if I catch it later, then the whole thyroid would have to be removed, so I'm thinking probably I should get the surgery. I guess of all cancers to get, this is the most manageable. I hope! So, I don't know when I will have the surgery. I can do it in January or wait till say the summer. Waiting might not be bad because of covid...

When I do it, it will be a two-week recovery period. Not sure what would exactly be involved. I'm sure I would find out closer to the date...

Anyhow, I think I knew this was coming, but now here it is.

Sorry you have to go through all this. It must be so scary for you. My brother had thyroid cancer quite a few years ago. He had his entire thyroid removed. It is good they caught it early and hopefully you will have a quick recovery. How long do you have to wait for surgery? ❤️
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked 98%
    Under calories No
    Steps 11,250 tracked
    Exercise Chest/back strength workout

Weight is slowly trending down after last week, fingers crossed for weigh in day tomorrow. Still feel bloated though. I didn’t feel like working out but I did it anyways. This week and next are considered shred weeks in the program I am following so it was challenging. Lots of push ups! I do the ones on my knees but you still feel it in your arm quickly. I will have my daughter help me with my monthly measurements today, hoping for some NSV there.

You are so awesome with your exercise! Let us know how the measurements go.
    Hi I don't really know how to put my starting weight since it is higher than when I initially started this challenge but I will go with what I have here.
    28haveitall
    Pw 246.2
    Cw 244
    Weigh in day Tuesday.

This is perfect. I will but 246.2 as your starting weight. Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    December plank challenge starts today. I am so going to be in trouble.

You got this! This sounds very challenging.

363days wrote: »
    Monday feedback
    No Binge eating - yes
    Track daily - yes
    Meditate - yes
    Tracking irritation - Example - I eat 2 eggs but it won't let me put two, I have to add one at a time. Am I doing this wrong? I could tell I ate less because I had made a commitment to track.
    No Binge eating - I have chocolates that I "bought for my Grandson" (ya, right). I kept thinking about them and I used the thought process from Beck's book that I'm working on a new muscle by rejecting them. I had 3 different episodes where I almost went for them but laying on the couch, watching Netflix, I was able to tell myself I was "working out". I wish I could give our team member credit who mentioned this book, haven't found the post again! I am ordering the book. Another new strategy I used - when I got up this morning I sat in meditation and asked myself how would I feel if I had eaten the chocolate - guilt shame, etc, and I could literally remember how that feels. I told myself eating chocolate is ok, but not as part of a binge and I don't want to feel like that.

When you enter the egg underneath the serving size there is a line that says number of servings. Click on that and you can change it to the number of eggs you had. You are doing a great job avoiding the binge. You are using great strategies and they are working. Keep it up!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Monday feedback
    No Binge eating - yes
    Track daily - yes
    Meditate - yes

That was me 😊 I am so glad that it is helping you. The book has me changing the way I think too. The day 1 exercise has you make a short list of why you want to lose weight and you are supposed to read it twice a day. I am not only reading it but I am visualizing the benefits I listed as I am getting my steps in or when I am bored.

I like your thinking that you are working out because you are! We need to change how we think if we want lasting results. Any diet works .... we need more than just a diet.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Tuesdays
    PW 333.6
    CW 329.6
    Loss- 4lb o:)

LTD- 45.4lb

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: »
    @scribb

CW 213
    Yesterday's steps 19,279
    Exercise min. 140

Found this over on the WaistAways team chat! @scribb - here you are, hopefully got back home to the Downsizers all right! It was a dark and stormy night...
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Beautyofdreams I will keep your BF and @lelbarou (Laura) in my prayers. Wishing you all health and recovery. It's been an incredibly hard year, and even more difficult time to have any health issues. Thinking of you both.❤️
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 1 (Monday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ❌

👣 STEPS
    MON. 11/30: 8,750 (spin) + 8,900 (circuit training) + 5,655 (weight lifting) + 5,274 = 28,579
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Could everyone (new comers and old timers) let me know if they are planning or wanting to be added to our step challenge?... Also could you give me a number of steps you plan on doing daily ....if you hit that number 2 days or more you get recognized weekly ...Good luck everyone ...and Thank you :)

Is there any chance of converting our exercise minutes to steps?
    If yes. Then I will like to join.
    Thanks

Yes there is .... you just tell me what you did and for how long ...and I convert them for you :)

Perfect I want to sign up for 45 mins daily.how many steps will that be?

It depends on what you do ... are you on an ellipitcal.. are you just walking etc.

none. I exercise at home with videos from youtube.

Just let me know what type of video and for how long and I can convert it for you :)

Cardio hiit today 30mins
    And 30 mins brisk walk

It gave you 10,500 steps :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    scribb wrote: »
    @scribb

CW 213
    Yesterday's steps 19,279
    Exercise min. 140

Found this over on the WaistAways team chat! @scribb - here you are, hopefully got back home to the Downsizers all right! It was a dark and stormy night...

He posted here too! I will send him a message.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Tuesdays
    PW 333.6
    CW 329.6
    Loss- 4lb o:)

LTD- 45.4lb

Another stellar week! You are absolutely amazing!
This discussion has been closed.