Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Dakota is doing much better today ... He is not as loopy ... he has gone outside to do his business (on a leash ) and no accidents in the house thank goodness ... He is not able to use his Kennel (they both sleep in one at night) but he isn't able to turn around in his with this big cone on his head ...I will be walking Aspen by myself :(...I am not comfortable leaving Dakota by himself so Alyssa (daughter will stay with him ) while I walk Aspen :)

I am off to get the November top steppers done :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    November week 4 top steppers are:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -150,838 steps
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -138,908 Steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -108,990 steps

CONGRATS LADIES :)
    As a group we walked 1,034,460 steps WELL DONE EVERYONE :)

Grand Finale for November:
    Our Top steppers for the month are:

1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -550,710 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 -521,728
    3rd @rlaskey2- 360, 448
    AWESOME JOB LADIES :)

As a group we walked 4,067,799 steps AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :)

Time to recognize our members who pledged their steps week 4 of November:

Linda 3/7
    Megan6/7
    Andrea 5/7
    Tazaria 4/7
    Z1ORtza 7/7
    Angie 4/7
    ihustle4muscle 5/7
    eaturpasta 3/7
    Laura 6/7
    Tanya 6/7
    363 days 1/7

Fantastic job ladies :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9085
    Exercise Chloe Ting 15min HIIT Video and 42 min treadmill

My husband has decided he wants to try exercising so he asked me to look through some videos on YouTube with him. I don't really like those kinds of videos, they are hard on my knees with all the lunges and jumping and stuff, but I did it with him cuz he asked me to. It didn't really give me any steps though so I jumped on the treadmill after for a nice walk.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/30: 17,925
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 218.2
    CW: 216.0
    LTD: 36.6 pounds
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/30 steps: 13,124
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 12/30

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40): ✅❌✅
    Fiber (28g):
    Strength train (2x):❔❔

Good day yesterday, just a little over on carbs. I am going to strength train today. Scale is continuing to trend down. My main form of communication is with my health coach is comments on my spreadsheet and weekly videos. I mentioned that my goal was to get into the 170s by the end of the month (weight was 182.6). She completely misunderstood and thought I wanted to lose 10lbs in a month. She went on and on in her video to me trying to support my goal while trying to steer me to a more realistic one. Lol, I will be thrilled if I get to 177 which would be a 30 lb loss. I definitely think I can get there if I keep on track like I have been.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/30: 9854 steps
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

3rd @rlaskey2- 360, 448

Linda 3/7
    Megan6/7
    Andrea 5/7
    Tazaria 4/7
    Z1ORtza 7/7
    Angie 4/7
    ihustle4muscle 5/7
    eaturpasta 3/7
    Laura 6/7
    Tanya 6/7
    363 days 1/7

Did I not give my numbers last week?

I’ve been so distracted but I think I did.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    363days wrote: »
    Monday feedback
    No Binge eating - yes
    Track daily - yes
    Exercise daily - yes, dog walk
    Meditate - yes
    Tracking irritation - Example - I eat 2 eggs but it won't let me put two, I have to add one at a time. Am I doing this wrong? I could tell I ate less because I had made a commitment to track.
    No Binge eating - I have chocolates that I "bought for my Grandson" (ya, right). I kept thinking about them and I used the thought process from Beck's book that I'm working on a new muscle by rejecting them. I had 3 different episodes where I almost went for them but laying on the couch, watching Netflix, I was able to tell myself I was "working out". I wish I could give our team member credit who mentioned this book, haven't found the post again! I am ordering the book. Another new strategy I used - when I got up this morning I sat in meditation and asked myself how would I feel if I had eaten the chocolate - guilt shame, etc, and I could literally remember how that feels. I told myself eating chocolate is ok, but not as part of a binge and I don't want to feel like that.
    Find magic in your day - Patti

That was me 😊 I am so glad that it is helping you. The book has me changing the way I think too. The day 1 exercise has you make a short list of why you want to lose weight and you are supposed to read it twice a day. I am not only reading it but I am visualizing the benefits I listed as I am getting my steps in or when I am bored.

I like your thinking that you are working out because you are! We need to change how we think if we want lasting results. Any diet works .... we need more than just a diet.

Oh, thanks for sharing this. I went to complete my order today on Thriftbooks after adding to it and saw that the Beck book was no longer available! I wonder how many people on MFP ordered it yesterday - haha. I'll let you know when I get it and meanwhile will do exercise 1. Great idea.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

3rd @rlaskey2- 360, 448

Linda 3/7
    Megan6/7
    Andrea 5/7
    Tazaria 4/7
    Z1ORtza 7/7
    Angie 4/7
    ihustle4muscle 5/7
    eaturpasta 3/7
    Laura 6/7
    Tanya 6/7
    363 days 1/7

Did I not give my numbers last week?

I’ve been so distracted but I think I did.

You did but I didn't write down your step goal... I apologize ..you had 6/7 ..Great job !!! :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    You did but I didn't write down your step goal... I apologize ..you had 6/7 ..Great job !!! :)

Thanks I thought I was going crazy.

Here are my steps so far this week.

Sunday - 13,286
    Monday - 16,426
    Tuesday - coming soon to a theater near you.

I hope you are all doing well. I’ve been out busy with appointments all day today but I tried to read you all as best as I could. I’m sorry I’m not very active in the group at the moment. Things have been a bit busy here at home with the kids. My youngest has been having issues with his eyes and today we saw an ophthalmologist. He will be needing glasses and therapy to help one eye that has severe astigmatism. It’s weird that one is good and the other not. Anyway more appointments tomorrow with our family doc and the eye glass store so he can pick out his new frames.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Monday feedback
    No Binge eating - yes
    Track daily - yes
    Meditate - yes
    Tracking irritation - Example - I eat 2 eggs but it won't let me put two, I have to add one at a time. Am I doing this wrong? I could tell I ate less because I had made a commitment to track.
    No Binge eating - I have chocolates that I "bought for my Grandson" (ya, right). I kept thinking about them and I used the thought process from Beck's book that I'm working on a new muscle by rejecting them. I had 3 different episodes where I almost went for them but laying on the couch, watching Netflix, I was able to tell myself I was "working out". I wish I could give our team member credit who mentioned this book, haven't found the post again! I am ordering the book. Another new strategy I used - when I got up this morning I sat in meditation and asked myself how would I feel if I had eaten the chocolate - guilt shame, etc, and I could literally remember how that feels. I told myself eating chocolate is ok, but not as part of a binge and I don't want to feel like that.

That was me 😊 I am so glad that it is helping you. The book has me changing the way I think too. The day 1 exercise has you make a short list of why you want to lose weight and you are supposed to read it twice a day. I am not only reading it but I am visualizing the benefits I listed as I am getting my steps in or when I am bored.

I like your thinking that you are working out because you are! We need to change how we think if we want lasting results. Any diet works .... we need more than just a diet.

What is the name of the book again. I am to lazy to go back through the thread.
  • azkunk
    Options
    Monday feedback
    No Binge eating - yes
    Track daily - yes
    Meditate - yes

What is the name of the book again. I am to lazy to go back through the thread.

The Beck Diet Solution
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9085
    Exercise Chloe Ting 15min HIIT Video and 42 min treadmill

My husband has decided he wants to try exercising so he asked me to look through some videos on YouTube with him. I don't really like those kinds of videos, they are hard on my knees with all the lunges and jumping and stuff, but I did it with him cuz he asked me to. It didn't really give me any steps though so I jumped on the treadmill after for a nice walk.

Even though it was hard it must be nice to workout together.

iradi8 wrote: »
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 218.2
    CW: 216.0
    LTD: 36.6 pounds

Awesome loss!
    Check-in for 12/30

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Fiber (28g):

Good day yesterday, just a little over on carbs. I am going to strength train today. Scale is continuing to trend down. My main form of communication is with my health coach is comments on my spreadsheet and weekly videos. I mentioned that my goal was to get into the 170s by the end of the month (weight was 182.6). She completely misunderstood and thought I wanted to lose 10lbs in a month. She went on and on in her video to me trying to support my goal while trying to steer me to a more realistic one. Lol, I will be thrilled if I get to 177 which would be a 30 lb loss. I definitely think I can get there if I keep on track like I have been.

With your determination you will get there. You are very inspiring by the way.

Thanks I thought I was going crazy.

Here are my steps so far this week.

Sunday - 13,286
    Monday - 16,426
    Tuesday - coming soon to a theater near you.

I hope you are all doing well. I’ve been out busy with appointments all day today but I tried to read you all as best as I could. I’m sorry I’m not very active in the group at the moment. Things have been a bit busy here at home with the kids. My youngest has been having issues with his eyes and today we saw an ophthalmologist. He will be needing glasses and therapy to help one eye that has severe astigmatism. It’s weird that one is good and the other not. Anyway more appointments tomorrow with our family doc and the eye glass store so he can pick out his new frames.

It is always good to see you swing by.
  • azkunk
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Day 3 of “The Beck Diet Solution” is — Eat sitting down. Just reading that I thought, well I never stand and eat. It might sometimes be on the couch but I’m always sitting. Or am I???? Examples that I really didn’t count were - eating samples at Costco, tasting food as your prepare, sneaking bites as you clear the dishes, spooning ice cream out of the container or chips out of the bag as you dish out your serving. The rationale for sitting for all of these things is to be more mindful of EVERYTHING you put into your mouth. I am definitely guilty of this.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of “The Beck Diet Solution” is — Eat sitting down. Just reading that I thought, well I never stand and eat. It might sometimes be on the couch but I’m always sitting. Or am I???? Examples that I really didn’t count were - eating samples at Costco, tasting food as your prepare, sneaking bites as you clear the dishes, spooning ice cream out of the container or chips out of the bag as you dish out your serving. The rationale for sitting for all of these things is to be more mindful of EVERYTHING you put into your mouth. I am definitely guilty of this.

I just got this book set (the workbook too). Thank you so much for sharing. I haven't started reading it yet, maybe tonight! Thanks again :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for 12/30

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Fiber (28g):

With your determination you will get there. You are very inspiring by the way.

Thank you, that’s sweet. I find you and the other leads/mods/motivators super inspirational and a big party of the reason that I am still on track.
  • azkunk
    Options

I just got this book set (the workbook too). Thank you so much for sharing. I haven't started reading it yet, maybe tonight! Thanks again :)

I am so happy that others are starting this with me. So far, I am really enjoying it. I am just using a Google doc as my workbook.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water:✅
    Steps: 3,680
    Sleep: ✅
    DBF: 0

I thought I had left enough time between my dentist and dietitian appointments to get home as the dietitian appointment was on the phone. I was in the chair at the dentist for 1.5 hours and I was paying my copay when she called. I had to do the appointment while sitting in my car and unfortunately I had nothing to write on. She is sending me some information in the mail. Stress is no doubt my number one factor with binge eating. Lack of sleep is also an added factor. The medications I take at night have a sedative effect so that doesn’t help. The doctor is adding a temporary medication to help me sleep so we are hoping that helps the sleep but doesn’t make the binge eating worse. We have been dealing with an extremely stressful situation since the beginning of August regarding our apartment and the company’s inability to take care of it. We are moving as result of the situation and the stress from that should calm down once we move. The other big stressor is my ongoing health problems. I am trying to take this one day at a time and accept my limitations. Lack of sleep is due to both the stress and pain I am experiencing.

Somethings she told me are:
    * 3% of the adult population have binge eating disorder
    * Stress and anxiety are a big contributor to binge eating
    * the fact I make homemade meals makes a difference. She told me to make sure I am satisfied after my supper which is my main meal of the day. She recommended adding more carbs to that meal as I tend to skip carbs at supper and through out the day and binge on them at night.
    * Studies have been done regarding sleep and binge eating. Lack of sleep will have an effect on binge eating so getting a good nights sleep is important
    * Drugs and alcohol use can affect binge eating. Not just the prescription drugs I am taking but things like marijuana can make it worse. I just started yesterday taking medical marijuana (prescribed) for the nerve pain. I am hoping it helps the pain but doesn’t make the binge eating worse. It is very high CBD and low THC she said it is less likely to be a problem. Luckily I don’t drink or use recreational drugs
    * It is important to try and have a normal eating pattern. I am going back to planning my entire day of eating a day in advance and sticking to it. I can post a picture of what I used when doing my therapy for binge eating if anyone is interested. It is old school writing everything out but it gave a snapshot of my day. I tracked not only my food but my blood sugar, mood, anxiety, steps and fluids on this sheet.
    * Because I had success with the original therapy and had long stretches without binges she feels I can do it again. I need to have faith in myself
    * We talked about some foods that I like to binge on and ways to handle them.

I know that’s a lot of information but some of you asked me to post what she told me. There is more and once I get the sheets in the mail I can add any information I forgot. Now that I have written my novel I am going to do a short walk and catch up on some house work. I have a couple of things I want to take care of regarding the move today also. In 27 days we are getting our keys and this makes me so happy.

Have a Super Tuesday!

Binge eating disorders are one of those lesser-known mental disorders that have a bad rap. People think that I am just lazy and need to eat less, which is brutal because sometimes I feel like I can't control it.

When I'm tired or stressed, that's when the thoughts come in more. When times get tough, I get hungry. I like the acronym HALT- Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired.

Hunger is tough for someone with BED but if one is genuinely hungry, eat.
    If angry, share it, journal it, dance it out, whatever works
    If lonely, call someone
    If tired, rest.

Some are easier said than done. If I'm tired and at work I can't exactly hunker down under the desk. But I can take a minute to breathe, accept my situation and make the best of it, ya know?

I think that's some wonderful info hun, thankyou so much for sharing it with us!!!
This discussion has been closed.