Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Dakota is doing much better today ... He is not as loopy ... he has gone outside to do his business (on a leash ) and no accidents in the house thank goodness ... He is not able to use his Kennel (they both sleep in one at night) but he isn't able to turn around in his with this big cone on his head ...I will be walking Aspen by myself :(...I am not comfortable leaving Dakota by himself so Alyssa (daughter will stay with him ) while I walk Aspen :)

I am off to get the November top steppers done :)

Aww bless! I am glad he is doing ok though!
    iradi8 wrote: »
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 218.2
    CW: 216.0
    LTD: 36.6 pounds

Great stuff hun, that's a wonderful loss for the week!
    azkunk wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 12/30

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40): ✅❌✅
    Fiber (28g):
    Strength train (2x):❔❔

Good day yesterday, just a little over on carbs. I am going to strength train today. Scale is continuing to trend down. My main form of communication is with my health coach is comments on my spreadsheet and weekly videos. I mentioned that my goal was to get into the 170s by the end of the month (weight was 182.6). She completely misunderstood and thought I wanted to lose 10lbs in a month. She went on and on in her video to me trying to support my goal while trying to steer me to a more realistic one. Lol, I will be thrilled if I get to 177 which would be a 30 lb loss. I definitely think I can get there if I keep on track like I have been.

With your determination you will get there. You are very inspiring by the way.

Thank you, that’s sweet. I find you and the other leads/mods/motivators super inspirational and a big party of the reason that I am still on track.

Just to mirror what Linda said- You are so inspiring! I love reading your posts and your updates! You got this!!!

• littleflutterby
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Nov. 28/29
    logging -yes.
    under - yes (if you can't my exercise? I hope that works)
    water - needs improvement
    exercise - yes/ both days
    time to self - yes
    4/5 on both days of challenge
    =8/10

Steps Nov. 28 -11051
    Nov. 29 - 7347

Hi all. So the sleep clinic was weird but I made it through it. Today I was supposed to zoom with a few friends, but just went for a walk with one instead. I was a bit headachy and tired from not really sleeping well two nights in a row...
    Things are going pretty well food wise. I have been thinking about eating junk food the last 2-3 days and binging, but I didn't do it...

I am so proud of you for resisting those thoughts. What did you do to resist the junk food or a binge? Do you think your sleep is not helping the thinking?

Thank you so much Linda for your support! I appreciate it! As far as resisting, I think that I just ask myself "How is that going to make you feel?" Meaning are you going to feel better or worse after eating that junk food or binging on some sweets. I inevitably come up with the answer that I will feel much worse. I also think for me that it is a band aid to temporarily not feel my feelings. I sat and realized I felt frustrated and angry. Who knew this was a big trigger for binging. But for me, any difficult to feel emotions are triggering.
    Anyway, I was very close one time... but I didn't do it..so I am happy about that. Thanks again for your positive comment.

I'm really proud of you Laura! Not anaesthetising because of anything is a great accomplishment, and sitting with the feelings, albeit really hard, is worth it in the long run!

I try and play the tape through- how am I going to feel as soon as I binge? I guess instant gratification. But as soon as I am done? Guilt, remorse, shame, feeling like a failure. AND also, if I do binge I can't guarantee that I'll get back on the horse. Many times I've been on a weight loss trudge and just given up.

I am really encouraged by your words hun, you truly inspire me <3

Thank you so much Tanya! I really appreciate your words and support! I understand exactly what you mean by playing the tape through. I think I do something similar. I feel the same way about being worried of being thrown off the horse so to speak. I'm afraid I won't get back on it also. You really encourage and inspire me! You are so amazing!

Same to you, my twin!! <3
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Check in Nov. 30
    Track- yes
    under - yes
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 7985

weigh in
    PW 331
    CW 329.6
    LTD while on MFP - 25
    LTD 39 (TOTAL)

So, I found out today that I have again the same abnormal result with the thyroid biopsy, so I have choices, but the doctor recommends I have the right side or lobe of the thyroid removed. I have the choice of waiting and seeing, but if I catch it later, then the whole thyroid would have to be removed, so I'm thinking probably I should get the surgery. I guess of all cancers to get, this is the most manageable. I hope! So, I don't know when I will have the surgery. I can do it in January or wait till say the summer. Waiting might not be bad because of covid...

When I do it, it will be a two-week recovery period. Not sure what would exactly be involved. I'm sure I would find out closer to the date...

Anyhow, I think I knew this was coming, but now here it is.

Oh I'm sorry love, that's some big decision making to do. I'm sure your docs will give you all the info ahead of time about the recovery, so you can prep for it. But a lot of taking it easy and self care will be on the cards for sure!!

And by the way- can we be any more twin like??? We are literally the same weight exactly!!! Great loss for the week hun, that's amazing!!!!!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl1970
    checkin 12/1/2020

steps 3791
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    1st December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 15 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 10,013 (just snuck the numbers in!)

One thing I really need to do is get more active during the day on my days off. I panicked when I saw my fitbit at "only" 4000 steps by 10pm! I was like "dammit, gotta go rock the dance moves!" I ate supper a bit late, about 7 so was feeling a bit full. But that's ok! Got it done!!

Heading to bed now, last day in tomorrow before my stay-cation!! Woohoo! Roll on 6pm tomorrow!! haha.

Have a good night all <3
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    29 Nov 10.346 steps
    30 Nov 12.608 steps
    1 Dec 12.876 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    1st December

* 2L water ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️

One thing I really need to do is get more active during the day on my days off. I panicked when I saw my fitbit at "only" 4000 steps by 10pm! I was like "dammit, gotta go rock the dance moves!" I ate supper a bit late, about 7 so was feeling a bit full. But that's ok! Got it done!!

Heading to bed now, last day in tomorrow before my stay-cation!! Woohoo! Roll on 6pm tomorrow!! haha.

Have a good night all <3

Awesome job on pushing to get those steps. The fresh air count is that to go outside for a period of time?

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :188
    PW: 187,6
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: +.6

Tracked 98%
    Under calories No
    Steps tracked 10,661
    Exercise: Legs strength

I am especially disappointed in this since I was 1.6 less yesterday. I drank way more water than usual hoping to flush out the bloat but may be TOM, I don’t know.

I keep tracking all day and losing momentum at dinner time.

Have you tried planning and tracking the next day before you go to bed?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 2,934
    Sleep: ✅
    DBF: 0

I didn’t get a walk or as much done as I would have liked to yesterday. My eating was better but I did overeat at night. I ended the day with 266 over calories which is a lot better than the days when I have been over by 1500 calories or more. Baby steps!

This is great news Linda. I'm very happy for you! I hope you feel proud of yourself! This is a success!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 1 (Tuesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    TUES. 12/1: 16,000 (spin) + 16,959 (running & walks) = 32,959
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Steps: 12/2
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    1st December

* 2L water ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️

Have a good night all <3

Awesome job on pushing to get those steps. The fresh air count is that to go outside for a period of time?

No it's actually how many cigarettes I smoke a day but I wanna not make it as obvious just in case its triggering to others :)
    This month I'm going to be mindful and in the coming months maybe just cut down. Now I'm exercising I wanna be able to cut back and eventually quit.... gotta work on that willingness though!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday’s activity is as follows

Steps 12108
    Exercise minutes 87
    Stand hours 16

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/1: 15,968
  • 28Haveitall2020