Mission Slimpossible - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:Slimpossibles you are all amazing!! :star:I love reading everyone’s reflections, goals, and 2021 focus word. <3 I hope to read more from the rest of you. I think together we are all going to have a great year and see real progress with our goals toward health and fitness.

One of my goals this month is to do the January Habit Tracker I have filled it out and pinned it to my toolbar on my computer. It’s a great way to stay mindful of my goals and I encourage you all to use it too! :)

JANUARY NO SUGAR CHALLENGE
    Several of us are in for this challenge and that is wonderful! We start tomorrow so use today to either eat up that sugar, throw it in the trash, or put it deep inside your freezer. I am committing to NO sugar (real or fake), no fruit, no highly processed carbs, and no wine. YOU choose what you want to commit to and write it out!

I LOVE a good visual and found this one that I’m printing out to help keep me on track. You can print this one out or save it to your computer or phone too. Or find something that will work for you! Let’s do this!! B)

zbe0cmywoccr.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,924 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 :D Thank you! I wish I liked exercise too. It's something I've always had to force myself to do. There have been periods when I tolerated it "ok" but mostly, I hate it lol. I do like yoga quite a bit and walking, well, I think I like that a little too. :) I hope you have a great night tonight.

@Cornanda You are inspiring me this morning. I think once I drop my husband off at work, I will actually go for a walk! That's a great tip about workout videos. I do the same thing, do too much "watching" and not enough doing lol.

@TwistedSassette Happy New Year! I loved your post and found it very inspiring. I think you have great goals set up for yourself.

Hello all. Tonight should be fun, I am making a few appetizers and having champagne. It will just be my husband and me, but it should be good. I think I am going to do the habit tracker in January, see how that goes. I have been thinking all along that I am tracking things in enough places but maybe I'm not. Maybe I need some public accountability to get my January off to a good start.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,522 Member
    Options
    2 new members heading your way ... Please welcome @tslose and @Cstockton18 :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,589 Member
    Options
    @Cstockton18 Welcome to the group Charlene! Are you in Stockton CA?

@TwistedSassette I love reading your goals! I love your choice of words, I'm thinking along the same vein but may copy you with Peace. In general right now I'm learning to let go and trust things will work out for the best and try not to control everything!

@tslose Welcome to the group! If I missed anyone else welcome!

I'm still working on my goals, I don't want to make any huge ones because just about every challenge I tried last year I had to let go and it's really frustrating. Right now I'm planning no sugar (aside of birthdays) and logging again, I need to lose weight but can't handle more additional stress than I already have right now, my pain gets a lot worse when I'm upset so I need to be extra careful as I don't want to make any inflammation worse and need steroids. My neurologist didn't want to give me a handicapped parking prescription so I threw a fit and refused to leave without it. He's not offering me much, it's very basic and he won't refer me for anything non-drug related. Hand controls for my car are really expensive but if I don't do it legally it will violate my insurance. It's not just the controls but an evaluation and 18 hours of certification lessons makes it more than my car is worth. It's about $100 if I just buy them on EBay and install with a YouTube video.
  • Cstockton18
    Cstockton18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 hi no I don’t live in
    Stockton.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,522 Member
    Options
    Please welcome another member @padjoetho :)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,655 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 @trooworld @Katmary71 Thank you for your kind words! I am glad for a fresh start!

@tslose @Cstockton18 Welcome! This is a great, supportive group!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,655 Member
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 133.2kg
    CW: 133.9kg
    LTD: 4.4kg
    LTW: -0.7kg
  • Cstockton18
    Cstockton18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    User name Cstockton18

Start weight 182.2

Will be weighing myself on Saturdays 😊
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    1/1/21!!!!!! B)
    PW: 183.4
    CW 184.3

+0.9

Ready for a new year!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! The January Team Chat thread is OPEN :smiley:

Please continue to post weigh-ins for Friday and Saturday here.

Run over to the new thread to introduce yourselves all over again and start a great new year! May your first weigh-in of the year be your highest.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819654/mission-slimpossible-january-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.