WaistAways - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    One more heading your way.... Please welcome @sarkrisd :)
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! I love seeing the winners it so motivating to me. Everyone has done such a great job during Christmas! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

@micki48 my steps for December 29
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Well I did not exercise this morning, I slept so good, and I really needed it, so I slept in... Turns out my nerve pain pills work really well for hot flashes, and night sweats... who knew....

Anywho, tomorrow night is my night, I make a nice dinner to celebrate. We are having a Beef tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, green bean almondine and crab legs. I don't eat the crab legs, but it makes it so there is more beef tenderloin for me... LOL I'm excited, Christmas is fun, but New years is yummy... I haven't decided on a dessert yet, I am thinking something not so sweet, maybe a baked pear dish of some sort...

I am ready to start again on Friday, I know the official week doesn't start until Sunday, but I my mind said the 1st, so that's my day.... I must have thrown away 2lbs of fudge yesterday, I tried to give away some, but apparently with not much to do due to covid, alot of people baked and made goodies this year.. LOL - So in the trash it went, and ya know, I don't even feel bad about it !

Okay Hope you all have a great day !

• jugar
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    I'm with you on the symbolic importance of starting the new year plan right away on the 1st. At the very least, it gives us two days to be really tuned up and ready to go when our F2F month begins. I'm indulging in the last of the goodies today and tomorrow, and then my plan starts.

I have been slow about getting my plan down in writing to make it real, but the hesitation has been good. I know that I want to stick to my old eating plan from when I was losing until I get to the bottom of my maintenance range. That means no flour, no alcohol, 30 g fibre per day, good (but reasonable) amount of protein, plenty water - with one day per week of total freedom. Anything goes on that day. My exercise plan has taken longer to shake out, but this morning I got a wonderful email from an online trainer from the UK whose programs I have used in the past. He has tons of free ones, all kettlebells or bodyweight. He sent out 2 30-day challenges for January, and I'm going to do either one of those, or use his (free) app for WOD 3x per week for strength. I will do the balanced life Pilates every day (some are very short, and I love them), and cardio 5-6 days per week. All of those are pretty well "ironed in" to my life already, except the strength work, which I had really let go. I like the kettlebell program, though, and had let it go for no good reason. The 30 day thing will help me get back at it, in a quick and easy way.

Mainly I want to get in as good condition as possible while I wait for the surgery I'll have some time hopefully soon. Clean up everything, keep strong, and get ready for a quick recovery. I know it will mean stopping for a while, but I think that having the indulgences from the past couple of weeks out of my system will be a good thing!

@KellyBgetsfit and @AshenMoon
    Good job this week! I like the loss in inches, and getting after the holiday excesses - you've got this! Love the colouring chart for daily commitments too - thanks for posting it :heart:

@PlaneMonkey
    What day was that??? Name it! :smiley:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I am definitely down for 21 miles in January! Maybe as an added challenge, I will only count miles that I run, instead of just walking. I don't consider myself a runner, because I am so slow (more-so an enthusiastic shuffle), but I do love the calorie burn boost from said shuffle.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I was stressed about calories because I had made plans to get drinks with a friend. Pretty much every time I tell myself "just one drink" it turns into at least 2 drinks. I can be controlled about not ordering food when I am out, but the drinks add so much anyways. So I was kind of dreading it, and then the place we chose was all booked up online, so I threw out the idea of a virtual happy hour. It worked out great, because I had just 1 of my own sour beers that have been hanging in my fridge since October, we chatted for an hour, and they had to split. Before the happy hour, I did my regular lunch break walk, and a 45 min HIIT workout which felt great (been lax with any strength stuff since Xmas Eve). Then, after dinner, which I had earlier than usual, I had so much energy and was probably slightly tipsy from the beer (lol), that I went for another hour-long walk! It was pretty cold, totally lost feeling in the outer layer of my thighs haha. But felt good! And I passed 20k steps, which I love to do, because fitbit gives you another little celebration screen when you do double your goal.

Today should be similar. My boss and half my team are out today and tomorrow, so I don't even have to worry about the appearance of work activity haha. Excited to grocery shop tonight for tomorrow's festivities; just me and a friend at my apartment, and I am in charge of a fabulous cheeseboard. Great excuse to buy a new cutting board, too, since the only one I own is white and plastic. Moving up in the world.
  • jugar
    Options
    DD265 wrote: Β»
    Hi all, I'm joining for January but thought I'd say hi now :smile:

I'm weighing in on a Monday and not properly 'starting' until Friday, as our NYE plans are always a bit carb-heavy.

Looking forward to the accountability.

Welcome DD! once we open up the January chat thread in a day or two, everyone will introduce themselves (including you :wink: ) and we'll be off and running. NYE is certainly a moment for those carbs, so by Sunday when we officially get underway, all should be rolling well! You are welcome to keep posting here before then too.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 177.2
    CW: 177
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    How is everyone celebrating the new year? Anyone doing anything fun?

I work until about 7 on NYE and also work New Year's Day. But we will order pizza and play games on NYE when I get home.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @MandiSaysHey we plan to graze on Appetizers most of the evening and do our best to stay awake until midnight. We will probably go for a walk or snowmobile ride if there's enough snow overnight tonight but those activities in the cold tend to induce sleepiness!
    Maybe pizza stuffed mushrooms are an option... All of the pizza talk is inspiring!
This discussion has been closed.