WaistAways - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm definitely in the planning mood. I got my planner and then I added 2 petite planners. One for wellness to plan workouts, meal planning and track monthly measurements and progress. The other one is for goal planning. I'm adding a picture of the goal planner vision board page and the goal planning page. It also tracks progress toward your goals.

I'm so impressed with your planners and your entries. I've never tried to formally lay out a plan like that and I can see how it can be inspiring and maybe keep one on track. hmmm...must look them up.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ...Please welcome @DD265 :)
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods you are so inspiring. All I think of when I see that is, 1: wow, her penmanship! And 2: holy cow, am I ever not that organized! My goal is to drop another 20lbs but I haven't given myself a deadline, I'm just floating along with little changes trying to get used to these smaller portion sizes. Like @happimess01 I'm used to eating at least double what I'm supposed to. This is my biggest challenge. I will slowly add in exercise, but I hate it unless it's a team sport so I don't want to rely on that for weightloss cause as soon as I can quit a workout, I will do it! If there's no one else there to yell at me to keep going or to be embarrassed in front of if I quit after 4 minutes, I'll just stop and give up. In the past, I've planned my day around going to the gym, but in reality I ended up getting changed, driving 20 minutes each way, and doing 3 minutes on the treadmill then leaving. Probably an hour and a half eated to burn 20 calories. Hats off to those of you who actually enjoy your workouts! I just want to play hockey. Not currently available because of covid, but hopefully I can get back on the ice soon. Sadly the section of river I live on doesn't freeze because of the current so I can't get out and skate at will. Snowshoes are on the wish list so maybe there will be a clearance sale before spring and I can get some good long walks in. Can't quit when you're over a mile from home with no other way back!!
    😁
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for December 28
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Love reading your posts. Welcome new folks.

@conleywoods I love your planners. They are beautiful.

I had good intentions today, then got a terrible pain in my shoulder blade. Pretty much did me in for the day. Hoping to get outside tomorrow.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps for Monday 18,507
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @terytha Hope you feel better soon!
    @micki48 Same to you! Feel better!
    @jugar I like your take on planning! I usually tend to save my super planning for work and live a more carefree life at home 😌

@PlaneMonkey I was always baffled by how people had such nice writing in their journals and vision boards. Mystery solved, it's a stupid stencil! LOL I felt kinda dumb I never thought about that.

I have not planned so specifically in the past but haven't been to impressed with my progress lately. Time to try something new.

Today was a nice relaxing day with frosty cold temps and sun. Went for an hour walk and everything was sparkling. Stayed under my calories and did a much better job balancing my macros today. I don't know why I really struggle to eat enough protein.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods You are a bad influence!!! I just ordered that planner. I have a Happy Planner for home, for school, for goals, budgeting, and my side hustle. I have purchased the Happy Planner fitness before but I didn't end up using it. That one looks different though. Do you still have Beachbody? Elise has 4 min meditations now that go with those cards. I have been picking one everyday.

@terytha feel better

@Gidgitgoescrazy That's probably a good thing that sugar triggers your symptoms. It will help keep your sugar in check. Enjoy your new Pelton, when it comes in.

@mbakhtiaruz I am sorry you have been feeling down. Taking a break from social media can definitely be refreshing. Buying your first house is very exciting. Congratulations!

I am pretty proud of my current workouts and eating. I wish the scale would reflect that.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I am a little bit sad even on this happy Tuesday because I will be bringing my daughter to Montreal tonight for her to fly back to Alberta. We'll stay over in a hotel right at the airport to avoid having to get up and drive at some unspeakable hour of the wee morning. It will be sad to see her go, but we have had a great couple of weeks.

I am happy too. Spreadsheet fan that I am, together with one of the captains of team WeightNoMore, we have added a new feature. It is fabulous - thanks @minstrelofsarcasm !! We can now track everyone's LTD - loss to date - as long as we have your original starting weight from back when your losses began (your worst moment, in other words!). I have some of yours, but if you could add your original starting weight to your weigh-ins this week that would be great. Of course, it is optional, but it sure makes celebrating milestones a lot of fun. And I always love seeing numbers appearing automatically. It is magic.

@micki48 and @terytha - I hope the stabby pains have receded :grimace: Sounds terrible. Rest and relax until they slope off far away.

OK - stuff to do. Back later!
  • micki48
    Options
    I will be back on Saturday to do the dreaded weigh in for a Jan starting weight, but alas, my last goal is to have that be the highest weight of the year !
    /quote]

@Gidgitgoescrazy I really like that! ^^^^ No matter how this week goes, the goal is to have that Week 5/January starting weight be the highest number of the year! Thank you for that. I think it's great. How exciting to have new fitness "toys". Enjoy your kids this week.

@mbakhtiaruz It's great to be so in tune with what you need. A visit with a friend sounds wonderful. I have a virtual date with my best friend on New Year's Day. Finding and buying a new house can be one of the most stressful events of our lives. Good luck with all of that. I hope you find the home of your dreams (even if it's just for now.)

Thank you for your good wishes on the covid thing and the stabby pain. I feel like I've been nothing but complaining and bad news lately. 2020 may be getting the better of me. But alas, the new year is upon us and I am hopeful that good things will follow. The back pain was sudden, sharp and hung around all day. My anxiety about it gave me other scary symptoms. But after Aleve and sleep, it feels better today, so I don't think it was a heart attack (my go to scare thought) or an embolism. (God! Does any one else do this to themselves?) I think it was just muscles/nerve related. I did do 27 minutes of pilates on Christmas day after not doing any for a few weeks. So yay!

Today, I want to move more. I sat a lot yesterday worrying about said pain. Still can't do too much beyond my house because we are still on quarantine until the 5th. But, more steps, more little organizing projects, more thinking and writing about goals for the new year.

Hope you all make your day great!

M xoxo
  • micki48
    Options
    4acv4l41nrf4.png
    /b]
    WAISTAWAYS WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 387,961*

o0uifuxwwivy.png

STEP STARS

1st - @Kali225 97,191
    2nd - @CurvyCalorie 89,653
    3rd - @jugar 73,772

STEPPERS MEETING DAILY STEP GOAL

@Kali225 7/7 Kudos for being so consistent!
    @jugar 4/7
    @CurvyCalorie 4/7

*Exercise converted steps are not included in everyone's steps this week. Sorry.

1a8n0ov11jna.png
This discussion has been closed.