WaistAways - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Well, good all day and then the See's chocolates box got opened. I'll be so glad when this stuff is all gone. Back to healthy soup & keeping all the too tempting stuff out of the house!! I'm an early bird rather than a night owl and I'll greet the new year in the morning, with a cup of coffee. :)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saw a challenge in my town to do 21 miles for ‘21. I thought that was cool. Who wants to do that for January?

Walked 40 minutes today.

is that 21 miles for January? per month? I think it is a great idea. I had a laugh today on Downsizers, where one of the co-captains had a birthday yesterday and walked 9.11 miles. One of her teammates declared that she would have to CALL 911 if she walked that far. But 21 miles in a month? I think we can handle that.

Yes! 21 miles for January. 5.25 miles a week. I think that's real doable. Three of my typical walks a week. If we love it, we can keep going through the whole of 2021.

@MandiSaysHey I am not sure, but I thought I might make a cheese fondue for fun. That pizza talk is tempting though. Like @PlaneMonkey, it will be quiet here, so hope I can stay awake. Actually, I am a late night person and midnight is my normal bedtime. I am hoping to make that earlier as the year progresses.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for December 30
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Well, good all day and then the See's chocolates box got opened. I'll be so glad when this stuff is all gone. Back to healthy soup & keeping all the too tempting stuff out of the house!! I'm an early bird rather than a night owl and I'll greet the new year in the morning, with a cup of coffee. :)

Ohhhh @eggfreak I hear you about See's. Our best friends live in California and it is their customary Christmas present to us; a two pound box. I am not a big chocolate person, but even I love See's.

@jugar I love that story!!! How sweet. Happy Home anniversary.

So here's a funny thing. Today, we were doing a little research on the vaccine rollout. I found out that I qualify for the third round of vaccine, it's called 1C, if my BMI is 30 or above. I am currently at 31. So, I'm thinking for my general health, I do not want to lose too much weight in the early part of the year or else I will lose my "at risk" status as "obese." ;) What's a girl to do? I want my vaccine. LOL. I am not going to sabotage myself, but it's ok if I don't move down too fast. Get that "freedom vaccine" in my arm and I'll be on my way down.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Ready to set up your daily habit tracking for January? Put in your name, your habits, and start checking them off on Sunday. See you there!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819418/january-2021-habit-tracker#latest
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Not doing too much but we too are getting a pizza and wings, and maybe some sushi. I'm most excited about the pizza though, it's "Mushroom Truffle" pizza and sounds fancy :)@MandiSaysHey

That sounds interesting! I love mushrooms on my pizza!
  • MandiSaysHey
    Options
    @jugar what a sweet memory! I love it!!

@Kali225 that sounds like a lovely time! It has been ages since I've done a puzzle!
  • MandiSaysHey
    Options
    Steps for Wednesday 17,852

Work was crazy tonight. I'm tired.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In (1 day early)
    PW: 187.1
    CW: 188.3

Ah well. Not green to end the year but last weekend was certainly a hump of eating to get over. My LTD is still 45 lbs and that's exciting! Time to cheeseboard it up and say goodbye to this year.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

Only one weigh-in due today - @conleywoods will be the final 2020 weigher!

If anyone who is running late wants to add theirs, that will be great, but if not - they are going in as "excused" and then in January, let's have a resolution to always weigh in on time? Doesn't matter if it isn't the greatest weight of the week, it all evens out eventually...

This is also a great time to let me know if you want to change weigh-in day. Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ...Please welcome @fuschiabolero :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @fuschiabolero oih86ccrdicg.png

I think you'll have a great time here. Introduce yourself and dive right in!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    2 more new members joining your team ... Please welcome @ChiaGnome and @Evallusion :)
This discussion has been closed.