WaistAways - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Greetings Team!

Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas 🎄

I deliberately avoided most social media and neither logged nor weighed myself yesterday (nor today, now that I think of it) .

I started on my new planner today too - I am going to have so much fun with it. It's exactly what I need.

So Ben and I had a lovely Christmas together yesterday. We did Facetime with my mum in London and our son in Virginia. We also spent time socially distanced with our next door neighbours drinking mulled wine in theafternoon, huddled in blankets in the garden.

I must admit, I am enjoying the down time. But I am looking forward to January 1st and new beginnings.

Weigh in tomorrow and it won't be nice. But I'll take it, whatever it is.

Ta ta!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Any suggestions for new years appetizers?

My favorite is bacon wrapped water chestnuts. You drain a can of whole water chestnuts and soak them in soy sauce for half an hour. Then wrap them in a bit of bacon, secure with a toothpick, put on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven at 400 until the bacon is cooked, about 20 minutes. I can usually cut one strip of bacon into thirds.

Also easy is to chop up garlic sausage, quickly pan fry them and pair them with chunks of cheeses.

Also store bought frozen mozzarella sticks.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for December 26
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Today was a nice day and I felt like I was back on track. No cookies today. Everyone is pretty over cookies so I threw the last 4 away and bagged up the candy and threw it in the cupboard. Did a little over an hour of ballet beautiful. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables today. I made chicken noodle soup and granola. Drank lots of water and I am ready to see the scale go down. I really need to work on eating more protein. I tend to get between 14%-20% protein a day. I will start by eating over 20% 5 days a week .

@Terytha I have a garmin watch too and love it so much. They are so pretty with fun features too! Enjoy

@micki48 Hugs to you and take care. So sorry Christmas didn't go as planned 😢 Hang in there ❤
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Steps for the last few days

Thursday 12/24: 1,702
    Friday 12/25: 527 (such a lazy Christmas, it was lovely lol(
    Saturday 12/26: 15,576
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 3
    PW 195.6
    CW 195.3

It's going down! You're doing it!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    CW 178.6 :(
    Oops! Two words:
    Eggnog
    Shortbread
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updates! Still missing a couple of people, but that is to be expected - if you're quick, please weigh-in:
    @evangsimmons170
    @MissMeaganLyn

@CanadianGiraffe
    Eggnog is indeed one of those things. Good thing it is not around the rest of the year!

@MandiSaysHey
    I'm jealous of your air fryer! I almost got one for myself, but opted for a spiffy new skillet from Denmark instead. It is fabulous :smiley: Have fun with your gadget, though - they look amazing.

@conleywoods
    Look at you so far ahead of the curve! This week we will all work to catch up to you and start getting back on track - thanks for leading the way - tally HO!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday. I logged a fairly low calorie, low carb, high protein day. I worked out. Then, after I put the kids to bed, I got a small peice of carrot cake. It actually made me feel yucky so hopefuI am DONE with sweets. The scale is going down. Today, I will continue to focus on eating clean and work out. I still have a lot of toys to put away.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    CW 178.6 :(
    Oops! Two words:
    Eggnog
    Shortbread

:) I hear you on the shortbread. I ate the last of my cardamom shortbread yesterday and no longer an option, hurray. Don't worry, we'll all get back on track .
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 184.5
    CW - 186.2

Sorry about that!

Have good Sundays, everyone!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd done well on Christmas, only to devolve the day after and eat lots cookies - even ones I don't love (why?!?!). But they're mostly all gone now, along with a sliver of lemon cheesecake that was delicious. With all that indulgence, time, and a sunny afternoon, I set out for a huge walk yesterday, a different route with some hills to climb on my route back. Loved it and thought I'd feel stiff today but feeling okay. The Fitbit calorie score for the walk was enough maybe to balance the intake. I used the recipe calculator to calculate one family standard recipe (smoked salmon with eggnoodles) and a mandarin orange dessert with jello, sour cream & vanilla icecream. I was a bit appalled at the results....more so when I think of past years and how without a thought, would eat and eat and eat well over a 'portion'....just tasted so good. I often double or triple recipes because we like leftovers, but when I made the salmon noodles the other evening I stuck to the single recipe. I'm thinking that maybe I need to do that more often (unless it's soup!) as there wasn't that big quantity calling my name to go back for another taste. A couple days before Christmas, we got indian takeout - I only ordered 1 main and 1 naan and we 3 split it. It was enough...well, I could have eaten more, much more, but it wasn't an option. So not that everyone needs to know the menu at my house but I"m just writing it down to try to cement that in my head....make less available and savor the portion.

Started to read Life is Hard Food is Easy last night - will take it a chapter at a time and will share any gleanings.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I normally do not weigh at all between my normal weigh in day on Monday. But I wanted to "prepare" myself for a gain so I checked today. It is showing a gain, but not nearly as much as I anticipated and I am hopeful that some of it is still just water weight i am holding from sodium packed leftover lasagna for lunch and a processed frozen chicken patty for dinner. I just finished my coffee and will drink I nothing but water the rest of the day and see what the scale says tomorrow.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak No apologies for your food commentary. That is why we are hear. I love hearing how people work through the temptations and preparations. You are inspiring and comforting.

I have that book written in my notes so many times. I don't have it (yet), but am so looking forward to your gleanings and personal perspective. I'm sure it will be helpful to all of us.

Just checking in. Been sitting here drinking my water, talking to my bestie in Boston for the last almost two hours on zoom, so I better get up and move. Wishing you all a wonderful day full of good choices. We are still healthy on this end. Fingers crossed we all stay that way and can soon see each other again.

Air fryers, rice cookers, and new skillets! How fun!! Talk to you later. :)<3
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    lagly13019k8.jpg
    qrd8wg8z4gnd.png
    4jevq5973onm.png
    ugxnynt72j24.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    mhaemvzenhos.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    9uuajofifxln.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @ljdanny 2.04 %
    2nd @CurvyCalorie 1.77%
    3rd @davidji82 1.65%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @davidji82 4.9 Lbs
    2nd @lelbarou 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @Bluetail6 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @888Angie888 4.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @veryhotmails
    @RYcare
    @JoDavo66
    @GabiV125
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @28Haveitall2020
    @heatherbluebell
    @LaurieWrobo

8byx97re2qjo.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Week Five challenge is up! This challenge is to help you reflect on 2020 and how you plan to make 2021 even better!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819070/new-year-new-you#latest

otqmgyof7yaq.jpeg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Quick weigh-in catch up to get week 5 going -

@Terytha - do you want to use the weight you posted yesterday?
    @mbakhtiaruz

Due Monday -
    @ells_runs
    @CurvyCalorie
    @MandiSaysHey

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.