Shrinking Assets - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

How do you get your mindset back after a mishap?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Question of the day:

I remind myself that letting one mishap turn into another and another and another is how I keep getting back to an unhealthy weight.

I want to be healthy so I feel good both physically and emotionally. I want to be able to keep up with my dogs. I want to be the old lady who can run circles around the whippersnappers. And yes, damnit I want people to be like “oh my god you look great” or “I never would have guessed that you’re 42”! And I can’t have those things if I let a mishap turn into a spiraling disaster of “f it let me just eat anything and everything”.

Of course I was assuming the question related to eating/tracking mishaps. But I currently approach everything in my life in generally the same manner currently where I kind of get a bit tough with myself. Not beat myself up for the mishap, but cut the poop out before it gets out of control. So it happened, can’t undo it, dwelling on it will only make it more likely to happen again.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    A confession of falling off the wagon...

I received a call yesterday that my mom was hospitalized with covid. Being 7 hours away I began to panic, not that there is anything I can do if I had been with her. I immediately had thoughts of my 71 yr old, obese, HBP, diabetic mom with covid.

After a couple hours of phone calls with various people, I find out she was hospitalized for cellulitis in her foot, but did test positive for covid, but it appears to be a mild case at this point.

The emotional damage was done. I ate like crap. But, I didn’t drink. I am 290 days sober.

This is just a confession

You are amazingly strong!! You are my hero I swear!! Your journey is real honest and beautiful!! I am thankful to know you!! Sending healing to your mom and a quick recovery!! Sending strength to you!! You got this!!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    Well I had several months of mishaps now I am slowly adjusting my habits. Now yesterday I sat down and ate a lil cause my emotions were outta control. As soon as I realized why I was eating I put it down and went and moved my *kitten* to make room for the mishap!! Today water water water!! Shrink the belly! Eat when I'm hungry stop when satisfied!! Listen to my body and find other ways to get emotions dealt with! Journaling helps me a lot!! Need to be more diligent with it!! Seems like each day right now I have a mishap. It's hard living this close to my mom. She has drank a gallon of whiskey a week my whole life. Her memory is failing because of it. We live with 2 different people. Drunk Darla by night. Kinda mom by day. She doesn't see how or why it affects us. She wants me to do it with her. Spiteful Darla gets mad and does crazy *kitten* that mom just can't believe happens.....the struggle is real y'all!! So there....guess that needed to come out haha
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 233.0
    CW: 233.0

It's exactly the same! I'm pretty happy with it cuz I did have some goodies, but didn't overdo it - and I guess it balanced out!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

Let it go! Hop back on track and look forward, not behind. Perfection is unrealistic. We are winning this health journey if we forgive, permit and accept mishaps, and move forward with our goals :)

Much love to you and your mama! You've got this girl!
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I am praying for your Mom, hope she is as bone headed as you and she will be fine. With a soft heart that is, chin up we are here for you.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I'm praying for quick recovery for your Mom!

I've had my fair share of mishaps over the last few months. You've seen my struggle. What really works for me is really letting go on the day that I feel down. I don't log and don't feel guilty about it either. Then the next day I start out with my IF and the energy I feel from that combined with eating better and logging again is what works.

I also use the MFP personal blog space to get all of my feelings out and I created a vision board. One of the items on there is a list of my "why's" to remind myself why I'm doing this.

Take care lady! 🙏💗
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

What is your latest non scale victory - NSV?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

Mine: I have gone for a walk every day this week even though it's been cold, blustery, cloudy
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

I shoveled my car out without needing to take any breaks.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Question of the day:

Not eating any Reese's trees today. Win!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

I’m about to move countries but I’ve stuck with my exercise routine right to the bitter end...usually (I move countries every few years) I tend to quit the last week or two with the rationale “oh my routine is about to be shot anyway”.

Eating habits not so positive but at least there has been exercise every day.

Glad your mum is recovering @Beka3695 .

I can’t believe it’s 1 week today until Christmas and 2 weeks until 2021. Hope you all have a good end to the year filled with love and maybe not TOO many edible treats :-)

• imgwendolyn2015
    Options
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:164.4
    CW:165.8

I knew this was going to happen so I decided to join Planet Fitness to help boost my enthusiasm about fitness/weight loss. First session is tomorrow. Time to stop phoning it in. I commit to logging my food, staying within my calories, and going to PF three times a week.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    This has been a weird week. Nsv would be getting the rock belly to go away!!! Finally feel like all my over eating for moths is finally out of my gut!!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    Pw180
    Cw179.6

I will take any loss I can get!!
This discussion has been closed.