Shrinking Assets - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Up early I was going to work out this morning, but still sore from barre class Sunday morning so I pass; I'll get a walk in during lunch and I have bowling tonight so I will be using my core ALOT; log & track; drink my water, coffee & tea!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Momday check in:

▪️Send starting weight pic to AP✔️
    Was up slightly from yesterday
    ▪️Log food ✔️
    ▪️Use nerd sheet✔️
    ▪️Complete day under calories ✔️
    Barely!!!!
    ▪️Drink the darn water!!!✔️
    ▪️Take a walk ✔️

I had a great day yesterday. I ended the day at 1301 cal. I had over 12k steps and did a helluva upper body workout.

I went to bed at about 1AM which is very late for me. The boy has me awake at 5:15. This will be a long day.

How is everyone else this Tuesday?

Copy/paste error!

I Am not up from yesterday!!
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Tuesday weigh-in/check in
    lckiehl
    Prior weight: 190.8
    Current weight: 189.5

I am very pleased with this little loss that is getting me closer to where I was. I didn't log food at all last week with all of the stress and family stuff we had going on. Back to it this week. I also drank more than I should have and need to stop! Every time I start drinking again my sleep gets worse and worse. Good luck this week all!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone struggling! I hope things get better for you all soon.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what works right now with my body for weight loss 😂🤦‍♀️😣. My progress graph is so disappointing from the past 3 months. Ive tried a lot of things to get back on track, and really am okay with slower progress...as long as there is SOME progress.

I have tried so hard to recalibrate to a lower daily calorie goal and I just could not figure out how to do it. It sparked a cycle of binge eating and really agonizing hunger. I'm trying to up my activity instead, with a 1lb per week goal (instead of 1.5).

The good news: I was very worried going on anti-depressants that I'd start gaining again, but thankfully I think its really helping with my motivation instead.

Happy for you that it worked out to give you motivation instead of gaining. Win!
    I love that you decided to up your activity instead of cutting calories. It's no fun being hungry!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what works right now with my body for weight loss 😂🤦‍♀️😣. My progress graph is so disappointing from the past 3 months. Ive tried a lot of things to get back on track, and really am okay with slower progress...as long as there is SOME progress.

I have tried so hard to recalibrate to a lower daily calorie goal and I just could not figure out how to do it. It sparked a cycle of binge eating and really agonizing hunger. I'm trying to up my activity instead, with a 1lb per week goal (instead of 1.5).

The good news: I was very worried going on anti-depressants that I'd start gaining again, but thankfully I think its really helping with my motivation instead.

Glad the motivation is up!

I would recommend evaluating the calorie burn you’re choosing also though. I personally find it better to underestimate my calories burned via exercise. Some of yours looked to be on the high side to me, but maybe you are having some super intense cardio sessions, so maybe that’s accurate. I would never burn that much in the same window though, so I thought I would mention it. I don’t want you to get discouraged if you eat those calories back and then don’t lose weight.

Let the journey continue! 😊
  • Beka3695
    Options

You seem to have a healthy grasp on this. You realize that you cannot cut your calories too far without negative consequences- this is a hard lesson to learn.

Making positive life changes can be the bigger win over immediate weight loss.

Yay about the antidepressant!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 234.8
    CW: 233.0

I will take it!
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Are you taking any body measurements at all? I have a really hard time some weeks when the scale is barely moving, but checking measurements and taking inventory of how my clothes are fitting usually gives me a reality check. The past month my progress scale wise has been minimal - but my inches lost have been significant. I can definitely tell I'm building muscle.

I can't stand to be hungry and I know there is going to be some impact on my scale weight and not losing as quickly, but when I am trying to cut a bit, it's by like 100 calories and gauge how I'm feeling for a week. Even those 100 calories per day add up over a week or a month. I snooped on your diary and it looked like you dropped your calories pretty significantly for a day. I would say adjust down slowly to see if your body adapts and kicks into weight-loss mode, but if you start to get hungry, slowly increase. Increasing gradually may help your metabolism kick into high gear as well. If you are working out hard, you may need more fuel. https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/the-ultimate-guide-to-reverse-dieting.html
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @carriestrine thanks for sharing
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Looks like I didn't report for Tuesday:

▪️Log food ✔️
    ▪️Use nerd sheet✔️
    ▪️Complete day under calories ✔️
    Barely again
    ▪️Take a walk X

And Wednesday:

▪️Log food ✔️
    ▪️Use nerd sheet✔️
    ▪️Complete day under calories -- slightly over
    ▪️Take a walk NAP ✔️
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Well so much for work relaxing. My number 2, and the only person with the knowledge I need leaves on Jan 7th. I am lucky to have a job in these difficult times and I will use this to create learning and progression opportunities for the team in general and hope they can step up. Should be fun!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    This is the WOOSH EFFECT and probably my favorite part of weight loss.

31kaobe7w277.jpeg
    176wmpnen0gm.jpeg
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    This is the WOOSH EFFECT and probably my favorite part of weight loss.

31kaobe7w277.jpeg
    176wmpnen0gm.jpeg

I only weigh weekly, but yes, I find that every 3 weeks or so, I have a “big” loss. I’ll be the same for 2 weeks, up 1 week, and then the following week down almost 4 lbs. Those are my favorite weigh in days 😜
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Greetings Assets! It's almost the end of the year, so the other Moderators and I thought it would be interesting to survey everyone in F2F and hear what you think. It's a simple survey - 10 questions only - I hope you'll take a few minutes to answer. Thanks!

llrskl97e2z1.png

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NDQHF22

• SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @boehle -Im sorry for your loss. Take care.
This discussion has been closed.