Shrinking Assets - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    As I catch up the thread, I see a number of us are struggling a bit this week. Unfortunately, I am in the same boat.
    I'm not expecting great things tomorrow at weigh in. This week has been such a whirlwind. One of my friends tested positive for COVID and she has high blood pressure AND high cholesterol. I focused very little on myself and what I was eating this week and mostly on her. She's still at home and doing "okay" so we chat through Zoom or over the phone.. I still did my meal prep but there were still a lot of BLTs (bites, licks and tastes) while I was prepping and cooking this week. I'm not giving up just being realistic.

I'll be happy if I just stay the same.
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @boehle I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you support.

@imgwendolyn2015 and @SisuMom2019 thanks for the encouragement.

@lckiehl I do measure from time to time, but havent seen a change lately. I last lost inches end of August. I like your suggestion of incremental calorie goal decreases and thanks for the link!

@Dogmom1978 you could definitely be right about the calories for exercise. I worry about that often. It's so hard to gauge when working out intensely how much fuel my body needs. I do power zone training on the bike (similar to road cyclists during winter training) for between 30 to 60 minutes, and use a heart rate monitor to get as much accuracy as I can on my intensity levels. I had gradually slowed on these workouts in Sept, Oct and Nov. I am picking them back up again in December.

I think I'm maybe having a whoosh though now too @Beka3695, but I guess we'll see tomorrow morning if its just more of the same flip-flopping around thats been happening for months. Sigh.

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    I said good bye to my last grandparent today
    zt98t4q3pbsg.jpg
    @boehle
    fj7w0qtug0am.jpg

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Boehle
    Friday
    PW: 168.8
    CW: 167.2
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words.
    I am mentally exhausted but off my main job next week (picking up hours in the pharmacy though) so I hope some of that will help me mentally and physically really.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Greetings Assets! It's almost the end of the year, so the other Moderators and I thought it would be interesting to survey everyone in F2F and hear what you think. It's a simple survey - 10 questions only - I hope you'll take a few minutes to answer. Thanks!

llrskl97e2z1.png

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NDQHF22

Please take a moment and fill out this survey. It is not long - promise.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »

I DM’ed robos,vikki, and leezy....
    No reply
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Carriestrine
    Weigh in Fridays
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 193.4
    LTD: 40.6 lb
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    UserName: SisuMom2019
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 238.8
    CW (Current Weight): 234
    This week’s loss: 4.8
    LTD (Loss to Date): 23.

Most weight lost in a week to date. I will go back through and read the group posts from yesterday and today -I’ve been reading and liking/hugging/inspiring throughout the week. I want to point one thing out as I know this is a super supportive group and you celebrate with me-but I also know how it feels to be struggling while others are knocking back big weeks. I mentioned this at the beginning but it’s worth repeating-that I am on a diet aid -Saxenda. I have not been able to lose weight through diet and exercise-and I’m talking about 10km runs and salad -lots of things being investigated with thyroid etc. but with chronic disease knocking at my door I needed to make a decision to try a prescription weight loss. I don’t know how long I’ll be on it or if I’ll gain back -so I’m making changes around food and lifestyle to give me the best chance on the other side!
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Wow, it seems like so many of us are struggling. I guess we’re all at that same time of year… Less day light, Covid for 9 months, holidays coming up that will look different than what we’d like… I of course wish everyone was doing well, but admittedly, it makes me feel better to see I’m not alone in my feelings.

@carriestrine , when I read your thread about your slow progress. Something I know I’m aware of is MFP focuses on calories, but not necessarily nutrition (it can, it just isn’t the default). Not knowing what you’re eating or how you’re tracking, total shot in the dark that maybe you should look at macros instead of calories?

@boehle , I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s hard when you lose someone, no matter what, but I imagine it’s harder during the pandemic. Take care of you.

@leni1us , yah it definitely seems like many of us are in the same boat. Good for you for still doing your meal planning. Gotta celebrate the wins!

So, I was off work this week on vacation. Earlier in the week, the gov announced a lock down starting this coming Sunday. I had plans to do some self care stuff, but then I started to develop a sore throat and headache!! I got tested Thursday morning, and had to cancel many self care appointments that I will now not be able to rebook until at least 4 weeks from now, when the lockdown is lifted. On the positive side, I just got a text I am negative! Yah! Sadly, because of the lockdown, I cannot see ANY of my family for Christmas. I live alone, so I’m allowed to have two people in my cohort who also live alone. So, I may do Christmas with my best friend since I’m not allowed to see my family. ☹

I’ve been in a low for sure. I got an IUD this week, which prevented me from swimming (so did the sore throat), I’ve not been meal planning/prepping, and been eating a lot of fast food/take out. Sigh… I had a virtual appointment today with a dietician though, so I’m looking forward to immersing myself in some info/resources she gave me. I’m back to work on Monday, and in lockdown for at least 4 weeks, so this could either be a great refresh for me, or I may continue to struggle. We’ll see.

Despite being in a low, not swimming and earing mostly unhealthy food, I can’t believe the scale didn’t go up!!!

Username: heatherbluebell
    Weigh-in: Thursdays
    PW:361.4
    CW:361.4
    LTD:78.6

• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 169.4
    CW: 170.4

Not unexpected.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Username: xioalongbao
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 133 lbs (60.4 kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 133.3 lbs (60.6 kg)

I’ve been pretty much maintaining for a month now. Since my goal weight is only a pound away it’s sort of annoying that I haven’t been able to get it together. But the bright side is I haven’t gotten it together but I’ve managed to maintain rather than gain.

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see so many people struggling at this time. I really hope things improve for everyone doing it tough right now and well done for still turning up and not just disappearing off the radar.

@Beka3695 and @boehle - please move me to support team for the next few months. We’re about to have our last week in Argentina and then head to the US for a few weeks before attempting to move to Australia (which will involve being locked in compulsory quarantine and eating what we’re provided for 2 weeks). So I’ll have no scale access until mid February at the earliest - and that’s a best case scenario if all goes according to plan. And given covid a best case scenario is optimistic!

I’ll still be checking in here and following everyone’s successes. Just no weighing. I hope once I do come out the other side of all these changes that I can use this group to help me get back to focusing on weight.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Pw180
    Cw180

I will take it!! Finally done going up up and away!! Today got another salsa sale!! Super excited!! I need to make time to work out. Tomorrow definitely tomorrow!! I'll work out today moving salsa Jars and standing on my feet all day!! Probably throw in some neat calorie burn while waiting to sell!! Next week I will have a loss at weigh in!! Goals log the food drink the water work out 4 times next week!! I will get the check marks!!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Checking in from the support team - I hope everyone has a great week/month despite all the struggles!

I've started sleeping again, so that's a positive. Our moving boxes arrived yesterday so this weekend is all physical labor and packing, hopefully it will help keep me off panic mode and make me physically tired enough sleep well. Next week at work I have 22 meetings in 4 days, plus all my actual work tasks to finish so I can actually spend my Christmas vacation (2 weeks) moving and enjoying the holidays instead of working. So, all my waking hours for the next 10ish days will be spent either working, packing, moving or unpacking. Yippee. At least it'll be done then, and we can spend Christmas in our new home.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Pw: 170.5
    Cw: 170

I was very surprised to have lost anything this week. Not a great week for exercise or steps, so I would have been happy maintaining.

My mini goal to be under 170 by Christmas is still looking good, but I have yet to make my yearly cookies....
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Machchic
    Saturday
    PW: 157.5
    CW: 155.9

Down -1.6

I am good with that considering I had surgery Monday and recovering all week and no exercise. Really trying to get to 149.9 for New Years and that is a solid 2 pounds a week over a holiday. But then again Ohio in lockdown, I am really not going anywhere. Ha
This discussion has been closed.