“This DECEMBER I Will...”

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @77tes. Lovely tracker! And congrats on the house sale as well as finishing up grading essays. Your hard work paid off and now I hope you can rest a bit.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,879 Member
    Options
    I agree on the tracker @77tes and it sounds like you are going to be able to relax and enjoy the holiday season! Have you given more thought on retirement next year?

@nebslp that's awesome you are able to watch things from your IPAD on your television screen now. My TV is almost 10 years old already. Hard to believe. I also have another just like it in the garage which I had given to my parents as a gift so if mine fails....

Hope everyone is also doing well. Lots of stars will show up later today I bet!~

summerFREEZINGinTx

p26nzsudjzr0.png
  • nebslp
    Options
    :):'(:):'(:D SO true about the corona coaster! Sometimes it's not even one day and the next... more like one hour to the next :/ or minute?

I have an online event to tour Amsterdam and the Netherlands coming up tomorrow and I'm looking forward to watching it on the TV. Hookup is pretty easy when I remember the steps. Looking up for stars to show up soon (no icon :o here) but just imagine it.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    :):'(:):'(:D SO true about the corona coaster! Sometimes it's not even one day and the next... more like one hour to the next :/ or minute?

I have an online event to tour Amsterdam and the Netherlands coming up tomorrow and I'm looking forward to watching it on the TV. Hookup is pretty easy when I remember the steps. Looking up for stars to show up soon (no icon :o here) but just imagine it.

Oh, that tour sounds lovely. Is it something through a friend or do you have details for how others might do another tour?!!!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 the tours are through Facebook.. Because I signed up for it the Amsterdam event I just checked my notifications and found out the Amsterdam tour will be Jan 12 at 10 AM. I don’t understand much about the workings of Facebook but if one of my friends say they’re interested in an event, I can open it and say I’m interested or going, too. Then FB sends a notification when the event date is coming up. It’s called A Virtual Tour and there are so many places to visit! They’re free so if you’re asked to click on another link and give info or pay, don’t do it. Of course scammers take advantage every chance they get. I’ve done a couple live events and have lots more coming up. I made a December calendar for them. Obviously even that doesn’t help me remember what I have coming up🙄 Good luck if your interested.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 the tours are through Facebook.. Because I signed up for it the Amsterdam event I just checked my notifications and found out the Amsterdam tour will be Jan 12 at 10 AM. I don’t understand much about the workings of Facebook but if one of my friends say they’re interested in an event, I can open it and say I’m interested or going, too. Then FB sends a notification when the event date is coming up. It’s called A Virtual Tour and there are so many places to visit! They’re free so if you’re asked to click on another link and give info or pay, don’t do it. Of course scammers take advantage every chance they get. I’ve done a couple live events and have lots more coming up. I made a December calendar for them. Obviously even that doesn’t help me remember what I have coming up🙄 Good luck if your interested.

@nebslp Thank You!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    12/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/12= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/14 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟

I think my method of just adding the brushing right after water pik is working. :)

Interesting about the virtual tours on facebook. Thanks for sharing that @nebslp

Meanwhile Covid is spiking like a *kitten* here and I have decided to just go back to total recluse until I can get a jab or two in the arm. Hopefully in Feb. Was supposed to get my hair highlighted Thursday but I cancelled this morning. It's so out of control right now that I suspect people have just pretty much given up. I mean they are wearing masks and such but..... Anyway, looks like the 2nd vaccine will be approved quickly also so maybe the timeline for us peons to get shots (and a lot of folks not wanting them I guess also) will speed up the availability to earlier than "late spring".
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    GRACE + eating one MINDFUL MEAL + under 2100 calories daily (began 12/7)

GRACE= Guided meditation, Reading, Artmaking, Chat, Exercise

Dec 1 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL🌟
    Dec 2 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL🌟 <2100 🌟
    Dec 3 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL🌟
    Dec 4 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL🌟<2100
    Dec 5 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL🌟<2100
    Dec 6 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL🌟 <2100 🌟
    Dec 7 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL🌟 <2100 🌟
    Dec 8 GRACe 🌟 MINDFUL 🌟 <2100 🌟
    Dec 9 GRACE 🌟 MINDFUL 🌟 <2100
    Dec 10 G ACE🌟MINDFUL 🌟 <2100🌟

Dec 11 GRACE🌟 MINDFUL 🌟 <2100🌟
    Day 12 GRACE🌟 MINDFUL 🌟 <2100🌟
    Day 13 GRACE🌟 MINDFUL 🌟 <2100🌟
    Day 14 RACE🌟 MINDFUL 🌟 <2100🌟
    Day 15
    Day 16
    Day 17
    Dec 11-17 avg cals
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    December 14 - wrapped 2 presents

December 15 - finished Christmas letter and printed out return labels.

In other news, Our realtor’s wife was just diagnosed with Covid-19. Please keep Angela in your thoughts and prayers.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 and @SummerSkier you are nailing your goals this month!
    December 16 - got the tree decorated 🎄

(Beagle for size)
    6ve843gaj3nv.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 and @SummerSkier you are nailing your goals this month!
    December 16 - got the tree decorated 🎄

(Beagle for size)
    6ve843gaj3nv.jpeg

So are you, my friend @77tes !!! Gorgeous tree!!!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Gorgeous pup!!!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes such a peaceful, pretty picture!
  • 77tes
    Options
    December 17 - Christmas cards all done and ready for the mailbox tomorrow morning.😊
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    December 17 - Christmas cards all done and ready for the mailbox tomorrow morning.😊

WOW @77tes Are you writing down what you do each day so you can repeat next December!!
    I can see I need to do this next year.
    I did finalize design of our card today & glued down the pieces. I’m guessing I’ll chicken out sending them - we’ll see!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 how are you feeling these days? Still with the every other day fatique? I hope you can figure it out!

@77tes I think you are the winner for picking the best small habit ever for Dec! It's amazing when you have a huge task to take care of and you break it down into just a little bit each day how smoothly it gets done.

@nebslp are things still hectic for you? Dec is always a difficult month with the shorter daylight and more traffic and more things!

@PKM0515 I think you have fallen into one of your books and haven't surfaced?!!

My Dec stars because it was neat to see Jupiter and Sat last night on my way home from the barn. I am glad I chose this habit because to me it is very important and I think I can incorporate it now into daily life without a lot of monitoring and effort. It did take a few days or a week to really cement how I needed to approach it and going at it a little sideways really helped. To me when I put another tiny habit next to one which is completely solid that seems to be the best approach. Like lifting weights after my walks (which I actually stopped doing but only because I do not think it was really significant versus just doing them after my run).

Yesterday I got to thinking about how I am so stuck in my ruts and some are good but others might be unnecessarily harsh? For instance I have been WFH for 9 months now. Yet I still get up at the same time and do work and then run in the dark and cold. Yesterday I decided to continue work until it got lighter and then run. It was also maybe a little warmer. What a concept. Since my first meeting was not until 9:30 I could adjust my schedule. And I can also leave for the barn a little earlier to have time in the sunshine whereas when I was in the office it was getting dark by the time I left. Of course that means I might need to spend an hour or so working after I get home again but to me getting the job done is #1.

Seriously hope everyone is having as best a month as they can!

12/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/12= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/14 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/15= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/16 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/17 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
  • nebslp
    Options
    I LOVE the stars so much! Next month there may be a little copycatting going on.

@MadisonMolly2017 As creators, we are always our own worst critic. It's funny how you see all of the little mistakes when you finish something, but when you go back in a month or two, you can't even remember what they were. Sending our handmade with love items makes us feel vulnerable, but the receiver will be touched that you cared about them enough to share a little piece of you with them, so much better than buying a box of cookie-cutter cards (like I did). And I'm sure your work is beautiful, so you shouldn't deprive the receiver from the joy that you are sharing from your heart to theirs. Peace and love <3

@SummerSkier I'm feeling more centered now. All presents are wrapped, except a few that aren't essential and may or may not be bought before Christmas. All packages and most cards are sent, except for a few that have been trickling in and I haven't answered yet. 2 Husker bags completed and sitting under my daughters' trees. 2 more in the process...working on lining today. Thanks for asking! My heart rate has gone down a couple of beats and I'm sleeping better so it's all good.

I have not been doing well with the exercise plan, partly because I didn't make a tracker this month and so haven't been able to color in the boxes to make them pretty. It makes a difference. Another thing is exactly what @SummerSkier said. And I quote her, "To me when I put another tiny habit next to one which is completely solid that seems to be the best approach." That was part of my downfall. I didn't have one specific exercise planned or a specific time or a specific trigger. My desired habit was just too vague. I honestly believe the trigger is the solidifying piece of this habit building. @SummerSkier, that's why I think "being stuck in ruts" sometimes is such a good thing. I need to find more ruts in my life but I seem to be a flitter :( which also can be good and bad).

So starting today, I am logging everything and will turn this weight gain around. And I will work on finding a trigger to do one little exercise thing...maybe wall sit for one minute after my shower or during the evening news. Something...anything! Decision time!

Ramble over. Sorry, I do go on and on once I get started. I'm procrastinating on getting another bag completed but have committed to finishing at least one more today.

Looking up at/for the stars :)

• SummerSkier
    Options
    @nebslp
    So starting today, I am logging everything and will turn this weight gain around. And I will work on finding a trigger to do one little exercise thing...maybe wall sit for one minute after my shower or during the evening news. Something...anything! Decision time!

there is no time like today ever! Hope that you are able to start with a minute and have reached a decision!

Happy Sat everyone.

summer
  • nebslp
    Options
    I think the wall sit needs to be connected to my morning routine. It's the most consistent time of day for me so I am pairing it with taking my vitamins now that that habit has been firmly established. I have logged my meals for 2 days straight o:)
  • 77tes
    Options
    @SummerSkier , I’m enjoying getting up later - why not? I thinking shifting your schedule is a great idea when you’re working from home. Maybe it will be an adjustment when you go back to the off, but I think accepting the benefits of working from home is smart.

December 18 - mailed Christmas cards and wrapped and ribboned a bunch of presents. I also attended a zoom Christmas party for my English Country Dance group which had lots of pictures and videos of us all dancing.

December 19 - lots of party planning. My socially distanced party won’t be happening ☹️. My sister’s husband was exposed, so they’re isolating. It probably wasn’t a good idea anyway. However, my daughters, SIL, and granddaughters will be able to come.