Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,581 Member
    Had a frozen Indian thingy. Gave away the big half (64g) of rice to the girl 🐩😜 while adding in some "fine green beans"
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    Nicely done!
  • PAV8888
    well I kept all the sauce section!🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Necessary - some of those sauces are too spicy for pups! You were doing her a favour.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Bad food day yesterday even though I don't think I went over calories.

Had lasagna from the grocery for lunch. It was just okay. The ricotta layers had an odd texture that I just did not like at all. Way too... creamy. Like a sauce almost. Hard to explain but it was not pleasant.

Then for dinner I did not feel like cooking so I had a Trader Joe's Butter Chicken and Rice meal. Again, just okay. And it did not fill me up at all so I started to snack. Evening snacking is dangerous for me.

So it was a mess. Gonna for sure try better today. I keep telling myself that if I get through today I have 4 days off work. I so need it.
  • lauriekallis
    Hope today is going better for you, Athijade.
  • PAV8888
    So not sure where this falls under... stuff to eat or bunnies?

The past couple of days I've been "mainlining" President Choice Stuffed Butternut Squash and Rio Mare Insalatissimo corn variety. Not necessarily at the same time. The first is at about 1 cal per gram and about 700 Cal per box. The second at almost 2 Cal per gram and 300 Cal per box. Plus the "traditional" filler stuff such as "fine green beans" at 35 Cal or less per 100g, and, err, shhh, don't tell Laurie, Magnum Classic thingies that come out the freezer on a wooden stick if ya know what I mean mr bean. All that plus your regular supply of coffee, coke zero, and the occasional cracker... and I am now significantly poorer when it comes to my pocketbook... but within target calories for the day! And a lot of bunnies... I guess :blush: PS. The dog definitely believes that the air fryer beep means time for dinner!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    Sunday breakfast- egg with sprinkle of Japanese furikake, smoked salmon with dab of cream cheese and mixed berries. Not as beautiful as Dante’s feasts but about 275 calories. And there was a bit of bunny too…..
    tym0s2q5mf4f.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    When I opened this thread and scrolled to the top I thought I was scrolling past a Dante meal :)

I saw those frozen stuffed squash, PAV. GOod???? For some reason my hamsters don't like those Magnum thingies on a stick. Can't believe it - but I would gladly pass them up.

Last night I had my French cut green beans as pasta dinner. SO very good. I can't understand why I don't have that in regular rotation these days. Yesterday was a late start to eating day so I had a few extra veggie meatballs - but even still under 700 calories for a ridiculously large bowl of deliciousness with a very generous amount of grated mozzarella and parmiggiano cheese. <3
    All in all a successful day on the food front. Hopefully the first of many.
  • PAV8888
    air frying 219g bananas with 1g of oil spray...
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    air frying 219g bananas with 1g of oil spray...

Why? Just to have fried bananas 🍌? Banana chips? Bananas foster?

Fried plantains (tostones) are common here but usually deep fried in oil. And plantains aren’t sweet and are much starchier.

Just curious!
  • PAV8888
    Because my downstairs handed me two bananas and the house is full of fruit flies already! So this got them out of the way!

Of course... what are the chances that I would leave them alone long enough for them to cool down?

EXACTLY. THAT many!

So we are now at the point where 219g of bananas have been consumed. And since we were having a good go at it and the air fryer would need cleaning anyway, in popped 500g of previously frozen brussel sprouts!

They didn't get to cool down either. But now the SECOND batch of frozen brussel sprouts are sitting there cooling down and no one is reducing their numbers!!!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2023
    You're right that they came out closer to bananas foster or actualy campground smores than banana chips! incredibly sweet too without any enhancement. the brussel sprouts came out as expected! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    I can't imagine what your belly is thinking right about now PAV. Bananas Foster and Brussel Sprout Nuggets 😅
  • PAV8888
    Full?🙀🤣
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 2023
    So today was pretty good. Breakfast was the usual berries, Greek yogurt and an egg. Loads of coffee!
    Tuna salad on bed of lettuce for lunch. Lite clam chowder with extra shrimp and goldfish crackers for dinner. Oh - a banana too. But not air fried. I think there’s room for a small flavored yogurt for dessert.
    I’m trying to stick with having a twelve hour food break daily.
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2023
    what's wrong with air frying?!?!?!?!

Subway veggie sub no cheese no dressing pepper only. Added jalapeno potato chips in the sub which I should have probably used the Cals better. Left over of black coffee that was in my "yeti" mug was drink of choice! :smiley: Can't say I find them subs as filling for the calories as they should be. But it WAS convenient at the time!
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    what's wrong with air frying?!?!?!?!

Absolutely nothing! I let hubby make whatever he wants in his kitchen toys. I’ll gladly eat what he makes too. Just not interested in trying it out myself. I’m pretty burned out on kitchen duty after lots of years making three meals a day.
    If it weren’t for hubby I’d probably not put much effort into cooking or grocery shopping. Might subsist on repetitive meals daily.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Made chicken rolls for dinner tonight. Grilled chicken, feta cheese, low carb tortilla. Roll it all up and grill. Super yummy and not a lot of calories. I love me some feta cheese!
  • Yoolypr
    Pork roast defatted-4oz.-, broccoli, half roasted potato and salad. And two small Christmas cookies from the freezer.