No.....just no
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    No.....just no

Oh Connie :kissing_closed_eyes:

Wasn't my idea! :wink:

I told dad: "I'll check with the inter-webz" If there'z recipes you're not pulling my leg and you're on!
    Ms Google came up with Fillipino, Asian, French, and at least a couple from New Zealand and the Oz recipes in the first page of results! So I had to concede the legit-ness of the combination... and proceed to producing an example! :sunglasses:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Mr. Dad came up with the idea of "Mussels Omelette", probably because the bag of mussels was front and center in the freezer the past few weeks!

Surprised me by being far from terrible!

I might just give this a try - replace the mussels with some sriracha and it could be pretty darned fine :p

Hope your trip is going well.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I might just give this a try - replace the mussels with some sriracha and it could be pretty darned fine :p
    Hope your trip is going well.

25g of sriracha were eaten on the side :lol: I actually think it would also work with shrimp/prawns, or clams!

The "trip" part is a bit of a misnomer. It looks as if in the near term I will be living in two provinces, possibly simultaneously, as dad is not necessarily handling things quite as well as he believes he is, while being very inventive and adamant as to why various solutions I suggest are utterly unfeasible and just off the wall crazy talk! :wink:
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Seafood in an omelette....Erm .....!
    Found an omlette maker in Recycle shop the other day! Was £2 ... fab value and my omelettes are small and cute, and no longer in bits, unrecognisable, all over the plate!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Seafood is traditionally an omelet option. Not one I'd usually go for, but eh, it can totally be a thing.

We're having Breakfast For Dinner tonight which will be a nice change of pace. Probably waffles and sausages.
  • Janatki
    Options
    ^^ Love a good banger! Pork and leek a current favourite!
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried the meal kits from Marley Spoon/Martha Stewart? They've got lots of healthy choices each week and it's reasonably priced, zero food waste. Tonight I'll be having honey-Dijon glazed steak with roasted green beans and potatoes, generous dinner comes in at 630 calories. Check them out, folks, this plan has really been helpful on my journey.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Oh my... someone's firing on all "plan making" cylinders....

Had left him some individually frozen packs of braised lamb shanks to thaw, heat and eat.

The original shanks averaged (bone included) a few grams less than 1lb each. And they're packed with their eyeballed share of carrots/onions/garlic and sauce from the pan.

Two! of them are thawing on the rapid thaw metal grate and someone is chasing me around the house muttering Greek potatoes Greek potatoes.

I'm trying to explain the concept of calories and trade offs 🥺 Not making much headway!

Dinner looks like Lamb Shanks and Greek potatoes for some reason! 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Daughter is actually making the lasagna she was supposed to make Friday....now I am not really in the mood for all the carbs but there is a play off hockey game on and eating it will be easier than cooking!....
  • Janatki
    Options
    Checked freezer - loads of chicken thighs! Chicken it is tonight! Southern style - baked not fried and if cooked a bit longer - perhaps than should be - gets nice & crispy! Not burnt ( honest 🥴)
    With a Spud salad and sticking in some pickled cornichons and mint leaves and a salad!
    Wanted to do arhubarb crumble for pud, but rhubarb is still not ripe here! Might trough some ice cream... for a change!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    Tonight is burgers and corn on the cob.

Burgers will be made out of grass fed lean ground beef and topped with sharp cheddar, sauteed onions, greens, a slice of tomato, and mustard.

For the rest of the week:
    Breakfasts: Smoothies (Icelandic yogurt, banana, strawberries, mango, spinach, and almond milk if needed)
    Lunch: Rice bowls with sauteed veggies and egg
    Dinners: Teriyaki salmon with asparagus and avocado
    Shrimp Pad Thai with broccoli
  • PAV8888
    Options
    1/3 of the leftover greek potatoes, cubed (~680 Cal)... 4 chicken sausages "stuffed with asiago and kale" (~600 Cal).... 4 extra large eggs (~320 Cal)... makes two generous ~800 Cal dinners... I am thinking! :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    No idea....YET! Probably whatever leftovers I find in the fridge....lots of family activity this weekend = leftovers & no gumption today.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    We had an early dinner because I wanted to be out of the kitchen before daughter started fixing her family’s dinner!....John and I had huge salads with Feta and Lite Blue Cheese dressing....so good!....followed by Vigo yellow rice prepared with no oil but added diced green and yellow peppers and diced onions...topped it with diced Tyson pre cooked griilled chicken and black beans...garnished with parsley....great flavors!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts and salad here. I'm on a sugar kick today, so lots of snacks throughout the day. Ice cream. Mmmm.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    rutabaga, brussel sprouts, sweet potato wedges, scrambled eggs and a veggie sausage - with a liberal sprinkle of sriracha. Nothing touching, @conniewilkins56 :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Husband is having Italian sausages ( yum ) but I am having low carb 45 calorie tortillas with shredded mozzerella,fat free refried beans, black beans, and salsa!....plus my huge salad!....got to get that fiber in!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Vegetable lentil soup - with 125g of cottage cheese for a bit more protein! I actually love this combo :)