Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Vegetable lentil soup - with 125g of cottage cheese for a bit more protein! I actually love this combo :)

Not mixed together though, right?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Frozen president choice chicken korma (500 Cal) and a huge (1100gram, 410 Cal including dressing and smoked turkey) salad.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Vegetable lentil soup - with 125g of cottage cheese for a bit more protein! I actually love this combo :)

Not mixed together though, right?

Not stirred - but did just plop that cottage cheese right into the soup - like a little white island in a red sea :p
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Well turns out the pork didn't thaw fully in time to cook yesterday. Oops! :lol: Lunch ended up being an egg salad sandwich (egg, greek yogurt, mustard, and dill) with some greens from the garden. For supper I made roasted cauliflower and radish salad with lentils. Plenty of leftovers for today too.

Today is the usual breakfast - avo egg toast, probably yogurt dip snack mid-morning. Lunch is probably leftover lentils and veggies, and supper tonight will be the smoked tenderloin!
  • lauriekallis
    eliezalot wrote: »
    ... roasted cauliflower and radish salad with lentils./quote]

This sounds really interesting! A combination I would never have thought of - do you have a recipe?
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    edited June 2021
    eliezalot wrote: »
    ... roasted cauliflower and radish salad with lentils./quote]

This sounds really interesting! A combination I would never have thought of - do you have a recipe?

Yes! I recently discovered it, and it has become one of my favorites. The dressing is amazing - the crispy seeds and sour tamarind really make it! I don't like raw radishes, but turns out I love them roasted!
    https://www.feastingathome.com/indian-spinach-salad/#tasty-recipes-43591-jump-target
  • lauriekallis
    @eliezalot Thank you! I'm going to make this this weekend (once the grandson goes home - he, like @conniewilkins56 :) isn't a fan of too many things touching.
  • conniewilkins56
    @eliezalot Thank you! I'm going to make this this weekend (once the grandson goes home - he, like @conniewilkins56 :) isn't a fan of too many things touching.

It’s ok to mix peas with mashed potatoes!...and a casserole mixes things....I just don’t like my vegetables or sauces running into each other!...sometimes I put my food in individual tiny bowls....when I was a kid I would put bread crusts between the different foods on my plate!...I think I have always had an obsession with food...( probably part of my eating disorder )... I always nibble the crust off of a sandwich and then take equal size bites off each side....I know, I am nuts!

Anyway, tonight we are having fresh broccoli, corn on the cob, salad and some kind of meat....can’t decide between chicken and pulled pork!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I am loving my lunches this week!

Rice (just plain white rice for me lol) topped with spinach and broccoli sautéed with coconut aminos, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Then a lightly fried egg, still runny, on top of that. Finally I drizzle on some more coconut aminos and sesame oil plus a little sriracha.
  • lauriekallis

It’s ok to mix peas with mashed potatoes!...and a casserole mixes things....I just don’t like my vegetables or sauces running into each other!...sometimes I put my food in individual tiny bowls....when I was a kid I would put bread crusts between the different foods on my plate!...I think I have always had an obsession with food...( probably part of my eating disorder )... I always nibble the crust off of a sandwich and then take equal size bites off each side....I know, I am nuts!

Anyway, tonight we are having fresh broccoli, corn on the cob, salad and some kind of meat....can’t decide between chicken and pulled pork!

I love your description. I'm fine if it all mushes together (but not if I'm serving it to people). I have two adult sons - one is like me, very casual about food touching willeats his sons crusts and leftovers (which I clump in with the casual) and the other is/has always been a bit more particular. As I child he would go so far as to deconstruct a submarine sandwich. As he grew up he just gave very specific instructions as to how it was to be assembled:

Open bun - strip of cheese on both sides lettuce on both sides three slices of tomatoes on both sides olives on both sides pickles on both sides single line of mayo on both sides sub sauce on both sides salt and pepper on both sides - and then the poor sub maker was supposed to somehow close the sandwich! It was always a lot of fun going to the sub shop with him. We had our favourite spots - they knew him and would have a bit of fun when he walked in the door. We haven't gone for a sub in awhile! (oh yeah - we are in a pandemic! - forgot about that.)
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Salmon, Jersey Royals, green beans & carrots with a ginger soy sauce.
  • conniewilkins56
    Laurie, I like that son of yours!
  • PAV8888
    Janatki wrote: »
    Salmon, Jersey Royals, green beans & carrots with a ginger soy sauce.

I'm glad you're not eating a guy name Sampson... or a suitcase... I thinkz I may needz new glasses! By the way... isn't Queen "Lilibet" the Royal of Jersey? Inquiring minds and all that!?!?
  • PAV8888
    Laurie, I like that son of yours!

Sandwich and food mixing Philistines!
  • PAV8888
    Ha! Samson and Samsonite ARE related!!!!! From Wikipedia: "A religious man, Shwayder named one of his initial cases Samson, after the Biblical strongman, and began using the trademark Samsonite"
  • PAV8888
    I remain in the "un-exciting" column: President Choice Red Curry Chicken (180 Cal after removing the 159g of cooked rice), betty crocker garlic mashed potatoes (360 Cal, 108g) plus ~100 Cal of green giant mixed veg in the mash (ALL TOUCHING TOGETHER :naughty: ), plus a 200 Cal tomato, cucumber, red pepper, radish, green onion, raspberry wine vinegar, lemon pepper, oregano side salad... dad went for the red curry chicken with rice as intended and a slightly smaller salad...
  • Janatki
    Lamb Koftas with pittas
  • Janatki
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I'm glad you're not eating a guy name Sampson... or a suitcase... I thinkz I may needz new glasses! By the way... isn't Queen "Lilibet" the Royal of Jersey? Inquiring minds and all that!?!?

Have you been watching too much of the Crown?! 🤣🤣🤣