Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    What to make what to make what to make. On one hand I want to make something using the Frozen beat spirals. On the other I went to make some green beans with tomato sauce. Not sure I want to do a steak today... Maybe some of the frozen pacific white shrimp? Hmmmm .....
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,628 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    ... green beans with tomato sauce ...

mmmm.....love green beans with tomato sauce - maybe with some garlic mash on the side! and some roasted white beans...
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Options
    DANG! Got your suggestion right *AFTER* dinner! :disappointed: Considering it for... tomorrow! :smiley:

The GOOD: nice, warm, plentiful, satisfying, (could have used some more heat, but not too bad), and oodles of bunnies (a bunny being 85g of fruits and veggies, there's more than 6 in the one dish once you consider the pasta sauce) --beet pasta with tomato shrimp sauce--

go8033efqgnn.jpg

And the START of the day wasn't bad, right? I mean there's another two bunnies right there and then! And some protein too (though kiwi did NOT work well with the cherry yogurt)! e5h0tcuttqun.png

So, I know better, right? I mean I know where the refrigerated puddings are located AND I have dried prunes at the outside edge of the goodies drawer, right?
    cud2f72glaxp.png

NO BUNNIES THERE! Even if they call themselves (lemon) "blueberry" soft cookies, and (merci dark chocolate with) "orange"!

Oh well. Calories are still not above maintenance. Protein is good. Fiber is good! And hopefully walkies by end of day will be more than enough for some more ZNACKS considering I've been home most of the day so far! :lol:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    roasted white beans confuses me! Are we talking cannoli beans or something?!?!? :confused:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Tuna steaks are so lo cal and tasty and filling. Now if only tuna would behave and accumulate less mercury so I could eat them even more often!!!😹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    roasted white beans confuses me! Are we talking cannoli beans or something?!?!? :confused:

:D Yup. Rinse them, rub those babies down with a wee bit of coconut oil, splash them with sriracha, and then in the oven until they pop open with goodness!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    --beet pasta with tomato shrimp sauce--

Bought some of those beet spirals and they are just sitting in my freezer, waiting. I'm so hoping that they are as wonderful as they seem in my mind that I'm afraid to try them :) If I do, and they aren't so great, there is just no more hope, and there will be no more beet spiral pasta dinner fantasies.

• PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Options
    --beet pasta with tomato shrimp sauce--

Bought some of those beet spirals and they are just sitting in my freezer, waiting. I'm so hoping that they are as wonderful as they seem in my mind that I'm afraid to try them :) If I do, and they aren't so great, there is just no more hope, and there will be no more beet spiral pasta dinner fantasies.

Oh, no, too much pressure (and they were on sale tonight too at under $3)

You could do half and half. Put half a bag in the nuker per directions. Cook one portion pasta and drain. Combine in bowl. Prepare sauce. Poor bowl contents in sauce pan to warm up, coat, and finish all at same time. Return to bowl to eat!

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh, no, too much pressure (and they were on sale tonight too at under $3)

You could do half and half. Put half a bag in the nuker per directions. Cook one portion pasta and drain. Combine in bowl. Prepare sauce. Poor bowl contents in sauce pan to warm up, coat, and finish all at same time. Return to bowl to eat!

I will probably skip the pasta - because - I just haven't been eating pasta in quite a while - but i remember you mentioned feta cheese? That sounds pretty fantastic.

Tomorrow! I'll try them tomorrow.

Hmmm...don't have a nuker either (I'm kinda low tech it seems) so I'll just put them out in a pan on the roof and that oughta take care of it tomorrow! :D
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Today's experiment in eggless breakfast was delicious! I did my usual avocado toast, topped with smoked tempeh bacon (a big fan of this!), and "Just Egg" - a mung-bean protein non-egg egg. It was all really good. Expensive enough I'm not going to use this stuff every day, but options I will definitely use and include going forward!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I had a plain untoasted blueberry English muffin for breakfast !...dinner will be lean burgers and a huge salad with feta cheese.....I am sooooo creative lol......
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Breakfast? around noon... lean cuisine cannelloni and lots of coffee so far!

On the stove... 121g onion, 21g garlic, 9g so far avocado oil, 340g red and white baby potatoes, 500g green beans, 800g crushed tomatoes, water, 10g Knorr veggie stock... who knows how it will end... but tasty so far :smiley:

Tried Laurie's cook on the roof-top idea... would have worked a couple of days ago; but not quite warm enough today! :blush:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hmm.... chicken sausage package and the left over beets from yesterday thrown in turning my 'stuff' into a single pot meal... I tend to like these for some reason! :lol:

Dang sodium! Sigh... should go to no sodium tomatoes and cut it off with the knorr cubes :disappointed:

02uuyej3tg30.png

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Chilli con carne & rice tonight - made by me, firmly in control of the added spices!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    Chilli con carne & rice tonight - made by me, firmly in control of the added spices!

What's wrong with added spices?!?!? :innocent:
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

“What's wrong with added spices?!?!? 😇

I can’t do much heat!! 🤯

• PAV8888
    Options
    There once were a couple of friends eating Greek style calamari at a university residence. Oh, so well spiced with salt and pepper!

Shared some with a roommate. Who reciprocated the next day by making for them his own version of squid.

He was from Sri Lanka!🌶️🌶️🌶️ 😹

The beginning, or the end?!?!😂
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I had just a big helping of peanut butter yogurt dip and an apple for lunch. We did seared tuna steaks with supper on a spring greens salad, with a side of farro and lentils. We had some smores oreos (smoreos?) for dessert. And, I hit my crazy sat fat target for today!

I also made an eggless frittata to test out for breakfasts this week, using tofu and chickpea flour. I don't love it, but I'm willing to try a few more recipes and see if it gets better. I'll also do overnight oats a few days too.