Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: »
    Drinking a lot of my calories today for my birthday

Happy belated Birthday 🥳! I hope you enjoyed your day.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    draby2011 wrote: »
    SW: 278
    LWW: 239
    CW: 237.8
    WWL: 1.8 pounds
    LTD: 40.2 pounds

Steps:
    1/10: 3,686
    1/11: 4, 274
    1/12: 9,108
    1/13: 7,495
    1/14: 7,748
    1/15: 10,731
    (I will be back later after my walk to update my steps for today!)

Okay, guys so I missed last week's weigh-in. This COVID thing is KICKING MY BUTT! We have no beds so we have been holding patients in the ER for DAYS! Lots of crazy stuff coming with it too! Heart attacks, lots of intubations, strokes, and all the ER stuff on top of having inpatient patients. It has been draining. I have also been given a much stricter schedule at the surgery center as well and will be doing more hands-on patient care which means that those low step days up there, ^^^^ are no more. (YAY!!!!)

I finally think I got a grasp on my diet though and have been bringing my lunch and dinner with me on my hospital days so that I am not eating after 8 pm or stopping at the local fast food joint to fuel up before my hour ride home. I haven't had much energy to go to the gym but I did order some flat bands and did that the other night I will probably do it again here in a but before I go out for a walk. I am starting to feel decent again, and hoping to stay that way! I have been getting some good ideas for workouts and such from NerdFitness. (Also some great recipes as well!) I did splurge a bit this past week on a new cast iron pan, a veggie chopper, and a mandolin. I have been trying to eat much cleaner where I can. Today I had a 4oz steak with sweet potato with cinnamon and a little bit of butter. It was soooooo good!

Ohhhh and I also got a nice BIG lunch bag where I can put my supplements and my lunches and dinners in!

I am REALLY going to try to get in here more often now that my energy levels are increasing again. I used to just come home and crash whereas now I kinda hang around a bit or do a quick 15-minute workout before shower and bed. I can't do a whole lot on days where I work back to back because otherwise, I would get no sleep but you get the point lol.

Anywho, gonna go get this workout in and hopefully check back in later. I got lots of stuff to catch up on I see! :)

I absolutely LOVE your energy and attitude. You are in the thick of this COVID battle and you are inspiring. I know exactly what you are going through and I feel bad that I can’t do more to help my colleagues on the frontline. I know the exhausting shifts with code after code and holding patients for days must be physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting. Yet you are rocking it. This week, when I am struggling this week to stay on track, I am going to think of you and your positivity and not give in to my self sabotaging thoughts and behaviors. Thank you!

Awww shucks 😍 thank you! I'm trying really hard! We got this!!!! 💪
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 193.6
    CW 191.2
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 78.8lbs
    LTD 131.8lbs

Awesome loss! You stick to your plan and it is working.

DawnCumm wrote: »
    Weigh Day Saturday
    CW: 155
    PW: 156
    YTD: 1.0
    LTD: 100

Stayed under my calories of 1200 all but two days, so thinking I need to manage that more. I really would like to lose two per week during the challenge but I will take the one.

Congrats! It must feel so good to hit 💯 pounds. I think at your weight right now you can expect to lose 1 pound or less a week. You won’t be long getting to goal.

I think if I am remembering correctly Friday is your cheat day. If so, tell us what a cheat day means for you if you?

I did have my cheat meal for dinner last night. With my walking workout deficit yesterday, it still put me over calories. Today I am back on it though.

I had beef tacos last night. I make the meat in the pressure cooker (on saute mode) and it's so fast and easy. I add olive oil, black beans, kidney beans, mushrooms, spinach, onion, tomatoes and jalapeño in with taco seasoning and some nutritional yeast flakes (to bind it). So my kids get a big hit of vegetables without knowing it! I used low carb, high fiber soft tortillas, top it with some spicy salsa, avocado and swap out sour cream with fat free plain greek yogurt.

Have a great weekend😁

That sounds delicious. I have to get my instant pot out this week. I have seen some got instructions for beginners on the 2 Facebook groups joined. Anyway, I am adding this recipe to my meal lineups.

cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 297.6
    Current weight: 298.1 gain 0.5

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Last week reorganized my exercise area so it's usable again. started back up with Richard Simmon's stretches and chair yoga with Sherry Zak Morris ... did every day. Thought my eating was on track ... but, evidently messed up somewhere. Bummer!!!

Plan to meal plan for next week today; order needed groceries for delivery. Then, strict enforcement of weigh, measure, drink water, exercise ... yada yada yada. Still a major struggle. What's different is that I haven't quit; keep trying.

Have a great week y'all!! :smile:

You got this as you have a great plan for next week. I am so proud of you for sticking with this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for Jan. 16
    Logging - yes.
    Exercise - no ( not steps)

So, I decided to take a Covid test this morning. and I'm awaiting the results.
    I am hoping that I just have some kind of sinus or allergy issue since I am prone to that,
    but I should know for sure by tomorrow. If so, I can go out instead of waiting another week.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I hope your result is negative.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,100 Member
    Options
    Yesterday’s steps 2409

Sw 217
    Cw 213.5

Great loss .... Happy Belated Birthday .... I am missing steps for 1/14 and 1/15 ...Thanks :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I will read the posts and do my checkin in a bit. We are off for a short outdoor visit with our granddaughters. It’s cold out so it will be very short.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/16: 16,740
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Would the following people please get their steps in:

@shortyjmorgan1 1/11-1/16
    @scribb 1/14 and 1/15
    @DawnCumm 1/14-1/16
    @363days 1/12-1/16
    @draby2011 1/16
    @Sripalbhansali 1/10, 1/12,1/13, 1/14, 1/15 & 1/16
    @Z1ORtza 1/15 & 1/16
    @eaturpasta 1/15 & 1/16

Thank you :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9063
    Exercise 29min Inc Dance Fit Video

Had another mom from my son's preschool ask me what I've been doing cuz they noticed I look different so that was nice. Also had a family member I saw last week text and ask for my workout videos as they wanted to start them haha. That one really surprised me.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

2yfoux6awc4u.png
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1/16/21 steps = 4,421
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    SW: 278
    LWW: 239
    CW: 237.8
    WWL: 1.8 pounds
    LTD: 40.2 pounds

Steps:
    1/10: 3,686
    1/11: 4, 274
    1/12: 9,108
    1/13: 7,495
    1/14: 7,748
    1/15: 10,731
    (I will be back later after my walk to update my steps for today!)

Okay, guys so I missed last week's weigh-in. This COVID thing is KICKING MY BUTT! We have no beds so we have been holding patients in the ER for DAYS! Lots of crazy stuff coming with it too! Heart attacks, lots of intubations, strokes, and all the ER stuff on top of having inpatient patients. It has been draining. I have also been given a much stricter schedule at the surgery center as well and will be doing more hands-on patient care which means that those low step days up there, ^^^^ are no more. (YAY!!!!)

I finally think I got a grasp on my diet though and have been bringing my lunch and dinner with me on my hospital days so that I am not eating after 8 pm or stopping at the local fast food joint to fuel up before my hour ride home. I haven't had much energy to go to the gym but I did order some flat bands and did that the other night I will probably do it again here in a but before I go out for a walk. I am starting to feel decent again, and hoping to stay that way! I have been getting some good ideas for workouts and such from NerdFitness. (Also some great recipes as well!) I did splurge a bit this past week on a new cast iron pan, a veggie chopper, and a mandolin. I have been trying to eat much cleaner where I can. Today I had a 4oz steak with sweet potato with cinnamon and a little bit of butter. It was soooooo good!

Ohhhh and I also got a nice BIG lunch bag where I can put my supplements and my lunches and dinners in!

I am REALLY going to try to get in here more often now that my energy levels are increasing again. I used to just come home and crash whereas now I kinda hang around a bit or do a quick 15-minute workout before shower and bed. I can't do a whole lot on days where I work back to back because otherwise, I would get no sleep but you get the point lol.

Anywho, gonna go get this workout in and hopefully check back in later. I got lots of stuff to catch up on I see! :)

First of all awesome loss! I admire the energy you have considering the work you do. You have a great plan. Thank you for the work you do on the frontlines.

01/15

Food logged.
    Way over calories! :s
    Drank 96. oz water.
    Steps: 1,439

Had a binge episode tonight. Am feeling quite angry, and not to mention sick to my stomach. Not sure why it happened since no emotional upset or stressor which are the usual triggers. Well, I have't had a diet break since October so maybe am a little overdue. Will raise calories to maintenance for a week or two and see where it leads.

Sometimes the binge monster has no rhyme or reason. Stress is my biggest reason for binges but sometimes out of the blue I binge. Try not to feel angry with yourself but be compassionate and forgive yourself.

Happy Sunday everyone. Quick check in for me this morning.

Not really resting as much as I would like. Chores don’t get done when you rest am I right. So doing what needs to be done and trying to find the time for a quick sit down. Not sleeping well as I’ve got a poorly teen at home. He’s not getting much sleep so I’m staying up with him. His fever keeps spiking and he’s got some bad diarrhea. Keeping him hydrated and trying to keep his temp under control. Not much we can do but wait it out. He had a Covid test done on Friday and it was negative so all good there.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 12,771
    Monday - 17,196
    Tuesday - 13,554
    Wednesday - 19,934
    Thursday - 13,981
    Friday - 15,812
    Saturday - 11,535

I hope your son feels better soon. I am glad he doesn’t have covid but get those fluids into him.

Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 178.8
    CW: 177.4
    LTD: 29.6

I am pleasantly surprised at the scale today. I did not track much last week nor did I follow my plan. I did try to make good choices and mentally kept track so I guess that this all is starting to become hard-wired. I definitely could have done better and I will this week!

Goals for this week:

1. Prep breakfast, lunch and snacks the evening before work.
    2. Make big meals on Sunday and Wednesday to have leftovers for 2 nights
    3. Ladder up my steps with a goal of at least 8K
    4. Minimum of 70 oz of water each day
    5. Track everyday
    6. Quick check-in here everyday

Have a great week everyone!

Congrats on the loss. You got lots of great suggestions on your previous post. The only thing I would suggest is to use a slow cooker. I don’t work but I find the slow cooker great on days I have a busy day. I know you don’t have much time in the mornings but you can prep your veggies in advance. I don’t know how old your children are but maybe they can start supper before you come come.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 11,373

Completed core workout. I cooked salmon for myself last night. I usually eat fish mostly in restaurants. My hubby hates salmon and swordfish so we don’t make those at home but he was out with my son last night.

I wish I had put salmon on the menu this week. I always cook an extra piece to have the next.

Yesterday’s steps 2409

Sw 217
    Cw 213.5

Awesome loss!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    @azkunk - You may want to have a look at this article 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Making Overnight Oats

Thanks! I will give them another try this week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9063
    Exercise 29min Inc Dance Fit Video

Had another mom from my son's preschool ask me what I've been doing cuz they noticed I look different so that was nice. Also had a family member I saw last week text and ask for my workout videos as they wanted to start them haha. That one really surprised me.

It must feel good to be inspiring other people!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I have an instantpot and it has been getting used a lot lately! I love my pot <3
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s Check In
    Steps: 6,815 ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ❌

I just got back from seeing the grandkids. We used to do the outdoor visits last spring when we were under lockdown but it is a lot colder now. I was down 2 more pounds this morning which was surprising as I had some treats yesterday. I hate to say this as I might jinx myself but the binge eating is getting better. I hope I can keep it under control.

I am making jigs dinner for supper tonight. It is a traditional Newfoundland dish. It has cabbage, turnip, parsnip and potatoes all cooked in the same pot with some salt meat. I soak the salt meat for 24 hours and completely drain the water before cooking the meat. We only have this on occasion. I tend to retain water for a couple of days after eating this but it is so good.

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a relaxing day.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I have an instantpot and it has been getting used a lot lately! I love my pot <3

I am planning when I plan my meals on Thursday to have at least one meal I can use the instant pot.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got back from a 7.91 mile walk ... It is 70 degrees outside ... way to nice to sit in the house even though it was suppose to be my rest day :)
  • cabman
    cabman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My most did not go.

SW 94.8
    PW 94.6
    CW 94.1
This discussion has been closed.