Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @shortymorgan1 You will be missed!! Come back when you can
    @jimboden3 I really studied the Iceberg analogy and it is so true! There are a lot of things that go in to success and sometimes I think it shouldn't be work and when I have to work so hard I get frustrated and think I'm doing something wrong, thinking it is coming so much easier for others. Being on this site and hearing everyone's efforts reminds me it IS work and I just need to stay with it. I love it! Congrats on your weight loss.
    @azkunk You've been maintaining a tough schedule. I hope there is a way you can have a great big Texas rest.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Regarding the Beck workbook (and the book) are helping me because it is making me realize things I am doing. You know they say you have to hear things so many times before it really sinks in?? Well, this is helping things sink in. I'm not doing it as fast as they recommend, I read a little and then try to apply. One thing that was mentioned Very early by another member (I'm sorry, I keep forgetting who!) was I am building a muscle when I do things differently, and sometimes I think of it as I am creating a new path in my brain that hasn't been there before. That mental analogy has helped me say no to binges and late night eating. I really like both books because I think when I stay immersed in fitness ideas, it is not as easy to eat mindlessly. I don't think I could do it without the group feedback I read every day, though, even though that sounds sappy. I'm not losing weight like others, but I am slowly turning this vessel around to head the other direction.
    1wdgxzkgw1rt.png

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s Check In
    Steps: 3,890 ❌ so close
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ❌
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ✅

Those pesky scales made a jump again this morning. I know it is because I ended up eating ham for lunch and I had pasta for supper. I avoid pastas for the most part because I feel so bloated after and the next day. My menu is a little different this week as I have the grandkids all week and they are picky eaters. My 8 year old is a vegetarian so i am trying to cook things that work for her while satisfying my meat and potatoes husband. I have salmon on the menu tonight which should make everyone happy.

I always had respect for parents doing virtual school with their kids but I really get it now. My daughter was overwhelmed with her own school work as she has some big papers due this week and a few tests. Thankfully, I am retired so I was able to help. Anyways, I can’t imagine trying to work or go to school while virtually schooling the kids. Shout-out to all of you doing this.

Besides supervising the kiddos doing school, I am menu planning for next week. I want to use the instant pot at least once next week so I am I going to look for some simple recipes. I am leaning toward a roast like @Tazaria87 made the weekend if it is not too hard. As always, I have some chores to do around the apartment.

Have a great day!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9004
    Exercise 28min Inc Dance Fit video and Chest/Back Lift

My daughter wanted to pick my video yesterday so I let her. I've been trying to do some new ones anyway. Was not a fan of the one she picked haha. Did my weights at night after the kids went to bed. Don't think I'm going to be as sore this time around so that's good.
    It finally stopped snowing so my son will have preschool today. My dad came last night with his snow blower and unburied us so I can get my car out of the garage today. So thankful to him.
    My son is requesting pizza today for lunch so that's what we are having. I have an almond flour crust mix I always use and it's great but kind of high calorie so we don't have it super often. We were watching some food videos last night though and saw one for making snack pizzas in a pan using a tortilla. I have coconut flour tortillas that I really like and they are low calorie. Will have to try that soon and see how it goes.

I have never used almond flour before so can you tell me if there is a difference taste to the crust?

It's a pizza dough made by Simple Mills that I buy. It's different than traditional pizza for sure but doesn't have a real strong taste or anything. It's more like a thin crust pizza and gets crunchy. You bake the crust first and then pile it with toppings and then bake it again to warm them up/melt them.

I use almond flour though in a lot of homemade things and I really like the way it tastes. In some things, like cookies, there is a slight nutty flavor. In other things, like the meatloaf I made last night, you can't taste it.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Wednesday’s Check In
    Steps: 3,890 ❌ so close

Those pesky scales made a jump again this morning. I know it is because I ended up eating ham for lunch and I had pasta for supper. I avoid pastas for the most part because I feel so bloated after and the next day. My menu is a little different this week as I have the grandkids all week and they are picky eaters. My 8 year old is a vegetarian so i am trying to cook things that work for her while satisfying my meat and potatoes husband. I have salmon on the menu tonight which should make everyone happy.

I always had respect for parents doing virtual school with their kids but I really get it now. My daughter was overwhelmed with her own school work as she has some big papers due this week and a few tests. Thankfully, I am retired so I was able to help. Anyways, I can’t imagine trying to work or go to school while virtually schooling the kids. Shout-out to all of you doing this.

Besides supervising the kiddos doing school, I am menu planning for next week. I want to use the instant pot at least once next week so I am I going to look for some simple recipes. I am leaning toward a roast like @Tazaria87 made the weekend if it is not too hard. As always, I have some chores to do around the apartment.

Have a great day!

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/instant-pot-pot-roast/

This is the one I use!
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily Post January 27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 98oz
    Steps 9193
    Exercise 20min Inc Dance Fit Video

I didn't have much time for a workout video before taking my son to preschool due to making pizzas for lunch so I chose a short one. That put me needing quite a few steps at the end of the day so I walked in place while watching tv after putting the kids to bed.

Does anyone have any tips for getting a toddler to stay in their room at night? Our daughter got a toddler bed for christmas and now she wakes us up all night long. I'm exhausted! We can't use an "ok to wake" clock cuz she screams if there is any kind of light in her room. Suggestions?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 240.8
    PW: 242.0

LTD: -29.2
    YTD: -4.6
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 1/27: 18,289
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weight in for Thursday, 01/28/21:
    PW: 163.2
    CW: 162.2
    SW: 194.0
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm so sorry you still aren't feeling well. Please take care <3
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Good morning it is 7 degrees f here and I work outside.

Step count for the past few days

1/25 - 10,086
    1/26 - 8,399
    1/27 - 8,267
    1/28 - 11,515
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Jan. 27 and Jan. 28 and steps for the week

Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jan. 23 - 13693
    Jan. 24 - 8518
    Jan. 25 - 462
    Jan. 26 0 11075
    Jan. 27 - 17780
    Jan. 28 - 9181

I think I gave some of these steps, but to be sure I just put them all for the week.

So, I was busy so far this week with teaching and preparing for and having an interiew. Looking at other people's diaries on the main page, I see I really don't eat enough veggies. I am challenging myself to eat 2 veggies per meal. I just had a plate of spinach and red pepper that I sauteed in a pan with a little garlic. It actually wasn't bad at all...

Overall, my sleep apnea machine is working, but today I woke up dizzy and lightheaded so I guess it isn't always working that well. I guess the effects need more time to build up...

I'm just going to look over some posts now and maybe write some feedback.

I hope everyone has a good day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Daily Post January 27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 98oz
    Steps 9193

I didn't have much time for a workout video before taking my son to preschool due to making pizzas for lunch so I chose a short one. That put me needing quite a few steps at the end of the day so I walked in place while watching tv after putting the kids to bed.

Does anyone have any tips for getting a toddler to stay in their room at night? Our daughter got a toddler bed for christmas and now she wakes us up all night long. I'm exhausted! We can't use an "ok to wake" clock cuz she screams if there is any kind of light in her room. Suggestions?

My daughter was living with us when my oldest granddaughter started in her toddler bed. I remember we took turns for a few nights sleeping on the floor beside the bed. Not the most comfortable thing to do but after a few nights she was ok staying in the bed.

Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 240.8
    PW: 242.0

LTD: -29.2
    YTD: -4.6

Another amazing loss! You are on fire Angie!

Good Morning All .........I am finally feeling better ... I am gonna try to do an aerobic dvd this morning so I can have a keto key lime cupcake with homemade keto whip cream that I made yesterday :) No workout today .... I am feeling nausea and light headed .... I made egg drop soup for lunch and I am on the couch the rest of the afternoon ughhh I can not catch a break

Completely rest for a few days even if you feel better to give yourself time to totally recover.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Weight in for Thursday, 01/28/21:
    PW: 163.2
    CW: 162.2
    SW: 194.0

Awesome loss! You have been in the green every week of the January challenge. Can you tell the team some tips on how you have been so successful with your weight loss?
    scribb wrote: »
    Good morning it is 7 degrees f here and I work outside.

Step count for the past few days

1/25 - 10,086
    1/26 - 8,399
    1/27 - 8,267
    1/28 - 11,515

Nice steps! I know my husband took out his winter coveralls to wear yesterday. Try and stay warm!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Jan. 27 and Jan. 28 and steps for the week

Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jan. 23 - 13693
    Jan. 24 - 8518
    Jan. 25 - 462
    Jan. 26 0 11075
    Jan. 27 - 17780
    Jan. 28 - 9181

I think I gave some of these steps, but to be sure I just put them all for the week.

So, I was busy so far this week with teaching and preparing for and having an interiew. Looking at other people's diaries on the main page, I see I really don't eat enough veggies. I am challenging myself to eat 2 veggies per meal. I just had a plate of spinach and red pepper that I sauteed in a pan with a little garlic. It actually wasn't bad at all...

Overall, my sleep apnea machine is working, but today I woke up dizzy and lightheaded so I guess it isn't always working that well. I guess the effects need more time to build up...

I'm just going to look over some posts now and maybe write some feedback.

I hope everyone has a good day!

It is good to be busy as it prevents boredom eating. The spinach and red pepper sounds good. I have always been told to spilt my plate so half is veggies, and the other half is split between protein and a carb. I have to start doing this again. Be careful if you are lightheaded as you don’t want to fall. Feel better soon.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well! I'm hoping that you soon feel much better.
    Hang in there and wishing you the best!

@lindamtuck2018
    As far as your question about freezing the soup (I can't remember if I answered yet) I just got some containers so I will definitely be doing this in future next time I make a big batch.
    Also, I'm sorry to hear that your nerve pain medication is not working. I really hope they can find something that works soon!

@mari_moulin
    That is very exciting news about your home gym. Seems like just a great decision for you and your husband. Also, congrats that your weight is moving down!

@Z10Rtza
    Sorry to hear about the stress and the CPAP. I think it takes a few months to take affect. I have some days that are much better than others, but the overall improvemnt takes up to 3 months to take place from what I have read. I hope you can find a soluation here.

@littleflutterby - incredible loss! Great job!
    @Iradi8 , @kdlgiannoulis and @888Angie888 congrats on your recent losses as well!

@Beautyofdreams
    Thank you for your advice about my APAP. I was wondering about this. I thought my body was possibly sleeping less due to what you mentioned. Also, congrats to getting down to 155. That is so exciting! Wondeful!

@scribb
    Sorry that you have to work outside in the 7 degree F weather.
    Maybe just wearing several layers will help. Take good care and stay warm!
    ALso, good news for your regarding the gym reopenning. Excellent!

@363days
    Congratuations on not binging! This is a huge positive development that will lead to your success! I'm glad you are "turning the ship around" and it sounds like the book you are reading is really helping. Kudos for taking a course of action and sticking to it!

@azkunk
    Great job with not hitting the snooze button and packing your lunches and snacks.
    I'm sure this is adding to the quality of your life! Congrats!

• 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 1/28: 11,596
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s Check In
    Steps: 3,792 ❌

PW 218.4
    CW 222.8
    LTD 40

I truly don’t know what to say about this. I stood on the scale and I was sure it would be down from the previous day. I changed the batteries to see if there was any issues and now I was up 2 more pounds. So I am taking the higher weight. I often have seen a gain after 2 weeks of big losses but nothing like this. I know my sodium has been over the limit I set for myself quite a few days this week so I am sure there’s some water weight.

Now for the positives! The biggest positive is I haven’t binged since I started tracking again after the move in early January. I have stayed with in my calorie average every week since then. Also, I didn’t have a gain for the month which hasn’t happened since August. Going forward I have lower my calories slightly and I am going to tighten up on my sodium intake. I want to start consistently meet my step goal. Come on February!

We are having pizza ordered in for the girls tonight before they go home. It has all about school, homework, and their activities such as cheer, guitar lessons and dance on zoom this week so pizza party it is for supper. So I guess sodium watching begins on Saturday. Because we are in lockdown, it maybe a while before we can have them over for a fun visit. They start back in school on Monday so my daughter won’t need us again. If the weather is not too bad we will do some outdoor visits with them until restrictions are lifted and we can always have video chats. I don’t want to sound like a bad grandma but I really want to get back to my own routine.

Happy Friday!
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily Post January 27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 98oz
    Steps 9193

My daughter was living with us when my oldest granddaughter started in her toddler bed. I remember we took turns for a few nights sleeping on the floor beside the bed. Not the most comfortable thing to do but after a few nights she was ok staying in the bed.

Right now I'm not really sleeping anyway. I might try that, thanks
This discussion has been closed.