Replies

• eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Would the following people please get their steps in:

@eaturpasta 1/15 & 1/16

Thank you :)

1/15 steps 4024 plus 45 min yoga
    1/16 steps 1827.. threw my back out taking out the trash!
    1/17 steps 3013 plus 30 min yoga

• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @jimboden3 , @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE & @lelbarou - thanks for the suggestions. I love all of the ideas and I already bought fruit, veggies, eggs and protein shakes. I plan to prep tomorrow and might even try to make my sandwich at night with the tomato and lettuce on the side.

I have a stupid question - are you supposed to eat overnight oats cold or heat them up? I tried them once (cold) but I wasn’t crazy am them and I love oatmeal. Maybe it was the recipe. I really do want to like them.

It depends on the type. I eat some cold, others like my apples and cinnamon overnight oats, I warm up! :) It is more of a preference type thing.
  • draby2011
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 - I have an instantpot and it has been getting used a lot lately! I love my pot <3

Any recommendations? I have one that I literally NEVER use just because I haven't found anything that really sounded exciting to me that I couldn't do with my air fryer or my crock pot. I would like to use it more!
  • draby2011
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    eak84jobmc2l.jpg
    i886ziqk3xhu.png
    7i7wa57lu6cm.png
    7qnp86v99jlz.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    5rs518zquffy.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    vbpb9fr544yg.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @lindamtuck2018 3.56 %
    2nd @Kali225 3.33%
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 2.72 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lindamtuck2018 8.2 Lbs
    2nd @Kali225 6.3 Lbs
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 6.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @curvycalorie
    @carriestrine
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @Sripalbhansali
    @SMcFall0215
    @kandi3570
    @363days
    @ireadlabelsdammit
    @davidji82

4y3p7mn60smv.png

WOOHOO!!!! CONGRATS @lindamtuck !!!!
  • draby2011
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    It had been a little while since I took a progress picture, so I took one and made a little collage of my total progress. Hopefully it's alright if I post it here. 3xuyznqdi7t2.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING!!! And so motivating! Thank you so much for sharing! Great job!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I’m sorry that I’m not really replying to anyone. I’m trying to get myself back into this and being more active and getting back on my journey again etc. For now I’m trying to just check in as much is I can eventually getting back to daily check ins and at some point start really replying and being more supportive.

It’s still a snowy one here but now it’s all that nasty melting dirty gross snow. Bleh.

Took my son to see the doctor this morning and Doc C said he has a stomach flu. He is much better today other than still has a bit of diarrhea. He’s to stay home until Wednesday but if he’s up for it he can go back tomorrow as he has mid term exams to do. Let’s see how he continues the rest of today. Thanks for everyone who sent him well wishes. ❤️

I have some GREAT news! Today I went back to the gym in over 4 months. I hadn’t been back since I had to travel for my BIL and nieces funerals. After that the gym shut down again for confinement and they’ve now opened again for those who have a doctors order. I luckily have one as I just now start workouts again post surgery. It’s important I don’t gain too much weight while healing. I mustn’t stretch out my scar too much with weight gain. So, this morning I had my first session back and I am FEELING it! I’m gonna be so sore for a few days but man oh man did it feel good to be back in my element!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 9,657
    Monday - coming 🔜
    Tuesday - coming 🔜
    Wednesday - coming 🔜
    Thursday - coming 🔜
    Friday - coming 🔜
    Saturday - coming 🔜

That is great news on the gym. I know how much you enjoy it there.

1/17
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    PW: 156.1
    CW: 157.4
    LTD: 66.0

Sorry I didn't get it in last night. It ended up being another binge night where I ate to the point of diarrhea. Well, today is a new day so will start over. Will check back later today. Wishing everyone a successful day.

Thanks for posting. Hang in there. You will get the binges under control. The biggest thing is not quitting.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    It had been a little while since I took a progress picture, so I took one and made a little collage of my total progress. Hopefully it's alright if I post it here. 3xuyznqdi7t2.jpg

Your transformation is amazing. It is more than alright to post it here. This is the kind of inspiration that we all need.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Jan 18, 2020)
    CW: 218.3
    PW: 218.3
    Starting Weight: 240

Hmmm - I'm starting to feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. It seems like I've seen this on my scale again as the only thing I've lost over the week is 7 days! Actually, I was petty good on exercise and diet until yesterday - we took the kids to the Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel exhibit following lunch out at the Twisted Ranch restaurant (their choice) which is known for a menu full of variety of Ranch dressing on everything - not exactly healthy fare but I did the best I could. Then we found out my wife's cousin was in town for the day so we met them for dinner (heated outdoor dining). I got the Asian Kale salad with Salmon - it was delicious but a little heavy on the dressing and salt so I think I paid for it today. Anyway, I'm hoping to snap back tomorrow and will double my efforts this week so I can make real progress before the month is out.

Family time is important even if it involves dinner out. Sodium probably masked any loss you had. Get back on the plan tomorrow and you will see a loss next week.

Case0099 wrote: »
    CW 213.2
    PW 213.6
    LTD 31.8

Awesome loss!
  • draby2011
    Options
    I caught up a little bit and you guys are absolutely KILLING it! Way to go guys!

Today's steps are 5,595 which I feel like I should be disappointed in however I WENT TO THE GYM TODAY! lol I guess my time on the Elliptical (30 minutes on hills workout) didn't count towards those lol. And I also did a mile on the treadmill. Felt kinda good to be back in the gym however, I am leaning towards making a home gym. It is just more convenient. I am actually going to go pick up an elliptical that I found on one of the local yard sale sites tomorrow. My boyfriend also bought some resistance bands that hang on the door and you can do hundreds of workouts with, but they're not resistant enough for him lol so he gave those to me as well. I already have kettlebells, a few weights, an exercise ball, and a bosu ball so I am off to a decent start.

I had a day off today so I cleaned my car in and out, top to bottom, and spent some time with the kiddos playing operation, a game they played called "teacher game", and spent some genuine quality time before I went to the gym and the store. Came back and made some yummy dinner/lunches. I have also started an IG page which I am using simply as a food log to keep myself accountable. ( I am trying anyways, I have had an issue in which the food I have been having is so good I forget to take a pic before I eat it lol)

Here is a pic of tonight's dinner which I was SUPER proud of!
    qpwthfwijdg0.jpg

Pork chop with caramelized onion and apple "slaw" with a sweet apple coleslaw on the side. It was so delicious! I am excited about lunch tomorrow.

Keep kicking butt guys!

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Stayed within calories today with no desire to binge..It is a start. I haven't had a diet break of more than a day since October so guess my body said that I needed to take a break from the constant deficit. Will eat at maintenance for a week and try to relax. Maintenance always stresses me out because I worry that I will exceed my calories or be unable to return to a weight loss diet.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Wow! Your hard work and dedication really paid off. You are an inspiration!

@jimboden3
    I don't know if you meant to be funny about the only thing you lost this week was seven days, but I laughed. It's so hard when that scale doesn't move. Hopefully it's just some fluid from your family time meals:) Sounds like good memories were made.

@lcfa5317
    Isn't it wonderful when they come home from college? I love it. My son just went back this weekend. I miss him already! Enjoy your week with your hiking buddy:)

@Case0099
    Nice loss!

@Beautyofdreams
    Glad to hear that you've had a good day today. I hope you have a good week with doing maintenance. You'll get back to it. Just keep posting here and keep on going:)

@azkunk
    Woohoo!

@draby2011
    Sounds like a great day! That food looks amazingly delicious:)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,495 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    January Week 2 Top 5 steppers are:

1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -208,488 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 -146,508 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -112,246 steps
    4th @mari_moulin -104,783 steps
    5th @rlaskey2 -73,756 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES :):):):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1, 301,O27 AWESOME JOB EVERYONE !!!!!!

Recognition for the people who pledged their steps:

@lindamtuck2018- 3/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 6/7
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams -3/7
    @shortyjmorgan1 - 4/7
    @scribb -3/7
    @lelbarou -1/7
    @888Angie888 -5/7
    @DawnCumm -3/7
    @363days - 2/7
    @iradi8- 4/7
    @azkunk- 0/7
    @draby2011 -5/7
    @rlaskey2 -5/7
    @Tazaria87 -6/7
    @mari_moulin -7/7
    @Z1ORtza- 4/7
    @cesse47 -7/7
    CONGRATS EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options

@lindamtuck2018- 3/7
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams -3/7
    @shortyjmorgan1 - 4/7
    @scribb -3/7
    @lelbarou -1/7
    @888Angie888 -5/7
    @DawnCumm -3/7
    @363days - 2/7
    @iradi8- 4/7
    @azkunk- 0/7
    @draby2011 -5/7
    @rlaskey2 -5/7
    @Tazaria87 -6/7
    @mari_moulin -7/7
    @Z1ORtza- 4/7
    @cesse47 -7/7

0/7 ... 😞 I think 8K is more of a realistic goal with my current work schedule. Is it possible to change. I feel like 10K is not achievable right now and I can push it to possibly make 8K
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Amazing photo array. Your progress is inspirational!! :):)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to respond to a few posts:

@scribb
    Thanks for your congratulations about my recent loss. I forget sometimes to pat myself on the back. I appreciate it!

@lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda. As you question, my throat seems better and I just took a walk!
    I'm glad you are having less stress with the new apartment. It seems like a very positive change.

@iradi8
    Thank you for your kind comments regarding my testing negative for Covid.
    Your situation sounds difficult in terms of being away from home with the junk food, but situation being at home sounds a bit challenging as well. I'm really inspired that you can stay on track even with junk food and baking happening around you. Impresssive! Way to go and keep on going!

@mari_moulin
    I'm glad to hear your son is better.
    Also, having access to a gym seems like a very positive development.
    Good for you for going and working out!

@Tazaria87
    Your transformation is really inspiring. My goodness, you look awesome!
    You have done an awesome job! Congrats! I think such pictures help all of us
    see how we can make changes. Great share!

@Beautyofdreams
    It sounds like you have had some difficult times with binge eating. I think your idea of just staying a maintenance and relaxing is a good one! This is not a race but a life change so it sound like a really good idea do it in your own time and your own way. Wishing you success and my best wishes.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's step count 13,823
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3
    Hi. I understand you what you mean with staying the same weight for the same week!
    It happened to me the week before last and it was super frustrating,
    but I think our bodies do what they do and eventually the weight does and WILL come off.
    Just stay on track and I'm positive you will lose the weight. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks before your body drops the weight! Stay strong and hang in there!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

@lindamtuck2018- 3/7
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams -3/7
    @shortyjmorgan1 - 4/7
    @scribb -3/7
    @lelbarou -1/7
    @888Angie888 -5/7
    @DawnCumm -3/7
    @363days - 2/7
    @iradi8- 4/7
    @azkunk- 0/7
    @draby2011 -5/7
    @rlaskey2 -5/7
    @Tazaria87 -6/7
    @mari_moulin -7/7
    @Z1ORtza- 4/7
    @cesse47 -7/7

Congrats to all. As a group we walked almost 651 miles last week.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/17 9,668
    1/18 9,291
This discussion has been closed.