Trimstones - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,269 Member
    Hello Trimstones!

It's almost the end of a big and busy January. That means it is time to see if anyone else would like to join your team. We are keeping recruitment small this month so that you really have a chance to spend time with each other. Do you find the team helpful? Invite a friend to join you! Just send them this link, they can sign up and request your team. It is more fun with friends :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10822656/february-2021-sign-up-for-new-members#latest

CONTINUING members do NOT need to sign up again! You're automatically carried over into February.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,864 Member
    1/25-9,071
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Good God, how can January almost be over? Santa Fe got about a foot of snow in the mountains, me thinks a ski day approacheth!
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Jessicakrall8
    Sorry that I've been away and didn't know you hurt yourself. I'm glad you're getting stronger.

• Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Arc130
    Steps
    Saturday 1/23- 12181
    Sunday 1/24- 12136
    Monday 1/25- 13211
  • angmarie28
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    PW-152
    CW-151
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,402 Member
    JessicaKrall8
    Wed Weight-in
    PW: 326.2
    CW: 325.6
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,826 Member
    Please welcome @gillexplores to your team :)
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Jen_967
    Wednesday Weigh- In
    PW: 214.6
    CW: 220

I don’t know what’s going on with this weight gain. I need to get a better plan going. Anyone know any good work out plans on YouTube?
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Steps
    1/25- 6,807
    1/26- 7,289
  • jessicakrall8
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Jen_967
    Wednesday Weigh- In
    PW: 214.6
    CW: 220

I don’t know what’s going on with this weight gain. I need to get a better plan going. Anyone know any good work out plans on YouTube?

@Jen_967 I'm no expert, but when my knee blew up like it did with all the swelling, I knew I had to take swift action. Before, I was doing 1800 calories and being an above 300+ lb person, that was allowing me to lose but very slowly. I needed fast change, so I stopped eating out completely...cancelled DoorDash service and started using my air fryer and oven again. I prepare my meals every day now and am doing 1200-1300 calories per day...usually divided into two meals, but sometimes three if I wake very hungry. Try to eat fruits and veggies, but if I'm in a hurry, I do allow myself a turkey sandwich and chips for a quick fix...or a Stouffers frozen meal. My latest obsession is Tyson southern style chicken filets (180 cal) in the air fryer for 12 minutes, with OreIda golden fries or golden crinkles (90 cal). Fairly quick and tasty lunch...and a really good chicken sandwich...

I came down 23.5 pounds since Christmas...some of it was swelling, but not the majority. And I drink at least 68 oz of water a day and am inching back to my 6k steps a day...at about 4k right now. Don't want to risk re-injury.

Hope this helps...good luck!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi everyone! I’m just joining now. Thanks for having me!
    I’m a 25 year old student in Canada. I tend to have a TON of fluctuations in my weight, so my weigh ins will likely be all over the map, but I’m excited to have a group for pals and accountability!

STATS:
    Username: gillexplores
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Height: 5’3”
    Highest weight (2017): 191ish lbs
    SW (Jan. 13 2021): 174.7lbs
    CW: 169.0lbs
    GW: 130ish lbs (TBD based on how I’m feeling)

Welcome to our team @gillexplores ...I'm one of your two captains...the other is @mulecanter . I've been out for a little over a month due to a knee injury...just getting back online this week.

Glad you popped up and introduced yourself...you'll like this group...they're very helpful and supportive. Hope to hear from you regularly...take care and good luck!

Stay safe and well!
    Jessica :smile:
  • angmarie28
    Week 4 Challenge
    Fitness/Exercise

We all know to lose weight, we have to burn more calories than we take in. That is literally how every diet works, whether its paleo, weight watchers, or Keto, there is no magic to it, its all calories in vs calories out. So what we eat and how much is important, but to increase that calorie deficit, or to give ourselves the ability to eat more and still lose weight, exercise is the way to go.

Most people tend to go towards Cardio when they are trying to lose weight because of the high calorie burn you get from getting your heart rate up. And Cardio is good, its great for your heart, and great for some extra calorie burn when you ate that dessert the night before after you already hit your calorie limit for the day. But resistance training is seriously the way to go. When we lose weight, part of that weight lost is muscle. So in order to maintain as much muscle as you can while losing weight, you need to work those muscles. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn when you’re at rest. There is also a greater afterburn effect with resistance training, meaning you burn more calories in the hours after your workout is complete.

So I challenge you to start working out. I know for a lot of us it seems hard to get it in, but I promise you can do it. Whether you get up 30 minutes sooner in the morning, squeeze in 20 minutes at night, do it on your lunch (we have access to some great workout areas in this school, I have used the fitness room by sturdavent a lot, it may be old, but you can get a good workout in for sure) Amy Wiggs informed me that on youtube, Orange Theory fitness puts out new workouts every Saturday. I checked them out and they are great, fairly simple workouts, with almost no equipment needed. They have HIIT workouts, and also arms, legs, core, ect. They are 20 to 45 minutes, you can start them and either do the whole thing, break it up and do half in the mornings, and half in the evenings, or just do what you can, you don’t have to finish it. What is important is you just start moving more.

Another idea is find a workout program and do it for 30 days. Jillian Michaels has a lot of these programs, for cheap, she also has an app now and you can have it customize a diet plan and a workout plan.

Find something and dedicate to it. Whether its daily, or 3 days a week. And if you wanna do something real crazy, You can join me in doing “75 Hard” Im starting Monday (I don’t actually expect anyone to do this with me, but if you want to do something a little crazy, feel free to join me in it, Im happy to give you info)
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Wilsonkellies
    Wednesday
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    I've had friends do the 75 Hard challenge and I applaud you for doing it @angmarie28. I've thought about it but I don't know how I would get in two workouts a day with my ridiculous work schedule at this time. Maybe I'm just being a slacker though and I really could make it work. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing your progress with it.
  • angmarie28
    1/27-11,308
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 977 Member
    @angemarie28 I will certainly look at some of those workouts.Someone on here (sorry can't remember who) introduced me to Rainier Pollard on u tube.I just love him haha.Clear & easy to follow & he makes me laugh.Great workouts too.🙂
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    1/27-11,308

@angmarie28 Missing steps for the 26th...please advise.
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 977 Member
    Steps
    1/26 10,212
    1/27 14,756
    1/28 14,488
This discussion has been closed.