Trimstones - January 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
uoc4j31esg8j.png

Here is your Team chat room for January 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and open
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @kerdil08 Welcome aboard. Little changes can make a big difference we receive over time. Soda was something I have cut down on too. One 20 oz coke is 240 calories. If you drink one a day for a year, that is over 87,000 calories a year. Its the equivalent of 25 pounds of weight gain so if you cut out that each day thats 25 pounds a year alone for weight loss. I would easily drink one a day. Definitely a good idea for where to start. Good luck.
  • aliwali77
    aliwali77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Aliwali77
    Sat weigh in
    PW 158.2
    CW 157.2
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    PW-151
    CW-152
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    12/21-14,528
    12/22-11,293
    12/23-17,453
    12/24-4,234
    12/25-5,434
    12/26-5,683
    12/27-12,863
    12/28-17,440
    12/29-12,946
    12/30-9,416
    12/31-7,753
    1/1-16,175

Sorry its late, again. Between work, holidays, family, ect, and my kids keep taking my computer to play games on I just havent had a chance to come on here.

We have had covid at my 2nd job so a ton of staff has been out. I had covid already so Im safe, and they are paying extra, so Ive picked up alot lately. Im off this weekend (so far) and go back to the school Monday.

I signed up for a challenge to run 600 miles this year. I ran 300 last year, and I hate running, so this will suck, but i want to prove to myself I can do it.
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I’m also a newbie to this group. Looks like it will be a fun way to build some healthy habits and to stay committed to my goals. I’m a wife, mom, and educator from Saskatchewan, Canada. My first action with this group was to post my daily habits January habit tracker—done! Looking forward to working together at self improvement!
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Sat weigh in
    PW 143.6
    CW 142.8
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm one of the two co-captains for the Trimstones, @jessicakrall8 is the other. Jessica is out sick presently but will be back soon. I'm Doug in New Mexico and have been a MFP member for a long time. I'm just now starting to lose that same 20 I've lost twice now :/ . Welcome to all the new members, let's hope our 2021 is much improved on all fronts (pretty low bar to get over I know). For our Saturday weigh-in's, Saturday is the "last day" of our week so your weigh-in reports are premature. Actually 1/2/2021 belongs to the last week of our December tracker so you get another week of chicken and broccoli before you report. Good luck!
  • mulecanter
    Options
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    I’m also a newbie to this group. Looks like it will be a fun way to build some healthy habits and to stay committed to my goals. I’m a wife, mom, and educator from Saskatchewan, Canada. My first action with this group was to post my daily habits January habit tracker—done! Looking forward to working together at self improvement!

Welcome! In case you're wondering, yes, I have been to Moose Jaw. Great to have a Canuck on the team, hope you are staying warm up there!
  • mulecanter
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    12/21-14,528
    12/22-11,293
    12/23-17,453
    12/24-4,234
    12/25-5,434
    12/26-5,683
    12/27-12,863
    12/28-17,440
    12/29-12,946
    12/30-9,416
    12/31-7,753
    1/1-16,175

Sorry its late, again. Between work, holidays, family, ect, and my kids keep taking my computer to play games on I just havent had a chance to come on here.

We have had covid at my 2nd job so a ton of staff has been out. I had covid already so Im safe, and they are paying extra, so Ive picked up alot lately. Im off this weekend (so far) and go back to the school Monday.

I signed up for a challenge to run 600 miles this year. I ran 300 last year, and I hate running, so this will suck, but i want to prove to myself I can do it.

Tsk, tsk motivator, this goes in the December thread. No worries, I got it.
  • echojuliet21
    echojuliet21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    echojuliet
    Starting weight 262
    Current weight 265 Sunday 3 Jan

oops I'm trending the wrong way, making adjustments to correct..
  • echojuliet21
    echojuliet21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    echojuliet21

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW 262
    CW 265
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I’m looking forward to a near year and new me!

In 2020, I lost a total of 51lbs. But the last few months I have felt like yo-yo going between 207 and 215.
    I have to decided to go back on keto with intermittent fasting. I seemed to do best on that. Over the holidays I have reached more for the carbs.
    I’m determined to reach my goal weight of 160 this year! Good luck to everyone!

c682eky1rgzh.jpeg
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    v4qdv8oevr3i.jpg

JoDav66
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):222
    CW (Current Weight:223
    Change: +1
    Total Lost:+1

Not the best start to the New Year but I gained 3lb over 2 days at Christmas!! At least not as bad this week. Sadly I'n in UK "Tier4" hotspot so no gyms open and pavements been covered in snow & ice so weather not good for getting outside. Aiming for 3 home gym sessions/week with the kit I have.
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ireadlabelsdammit
    Sunday
    PW 132
    CW 135
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    Thurs
    Lw 180.5
    Cw 184
    Ltd less than 30. New year new me. Now that all the holiday stuff is over and I can get back on track. Less carbs and track my intake is on the menu. L
  • jugar
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819936/january-week-1-challenge-get-on-track/p1?new=1

The New Year's first weekly challenge is up! If you need some more commitment for your tracking, and want to meet some of the other F2F team members, head on over!
  • jugar
    Options
    Wait Wait - Don't Tell Us!
    75tf3m0avzwx.png

The Results from December 2020 are in! They are, um, amazing!
    vitnlklwx1zx.png

First off: WEEK FIVE
    Every team gained weight during week 5. We all stuck together! We were AWESOME!

So we are NOT going to announce which teams gained the least. But we ARE going to celebrate the awesome people who actually lost weight in spite of it being the last week of December!

The TOP amazing, committed, wonderful leaders of Week 5 are:
    21r1s997x9ao.png

Ask these people how they did it. They are our heroes. Without them, the final results for December would never have been as good as they were.
    And Now!
    ih0k3hrwbrip.png

The full December F2F results - only teams with a loss for the month qualified!
    58qc6m3ppywj.png
    as7rb5yu4cxi.png

TOP TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    sdoxs4tav9j3.png

TOP TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    nyirwzryqq2b.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st CurvyCalorie - 6.5%
    2nd Bluetail6 - 5.15%
    3rd littleflutteby - 5.10%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st littleflutterby - 17.0 pounds