Mon 12177
    Tue 16571
    Wed 8725
    Thu 15594
    Fri. 15192
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Please remove me from the team. I thought I would have time but it does not seem worth the effort. Good luck to all.

Peace to all.

I don't know if you'll read this but I'll ask anyway...what doesn't seem worth the effort?

You really are only expected to post once a week. Several of us post more than that but some only post the once. It's all good. What were you hoping for this time around? What would make it worth the effort?
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    podperson1 wrote: »
    @melaniedscott - the one I have in the cupboard is mixed cannellini, pinto and kidney beans. You can put pretty much any beans in it though, I've done it with black beans and even baked beans before now. I like recipes where you can just throw in whatever's in the cupboard lol.
    Interesting. I don't know that I've seen mixed beans here...it would be nice, though...

Have this veggie-rice casserole recipe that I would love to halve...but halving 1 can of black and 1 can of pinto means having a half can of both hanging out in my fridge. That would be convienent...

If I was really organized, my menus would play off each other and all extras would merge somewhere later in the week. I'm OCD...that doesn't mean I'm organized!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I was so glad to see you back and hoping to see more comments from you like you did before. Wishing you would stay and participate as often as you can even if just once a week. Life can get in the ay sometimes but we do need to spend time on ourselves even if just a minute to sign in here and say hello.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

Maybe I'll host a team meeting and show tips and tricks for MFP's website, since I know for a fact you're not the only one having this issue.

As for the delete button, MFP allows you to delete posts up to an hour after posting. All you have to do is refresh the page (or leave the thread and come back to it), scroll to where your post is, and then hover your mouse over the top right corner. A black gear should appear, with options to edit and delete the post. [/spoiler]
    I would definitely like the tips and tricks lesson! I did not know about the delete button, thanks! You and Melanie are a great help.

I'll try to throw something together in the coming month or so :smiley:

Oh, and a little request.... I am currently making a meal plan for the week, and find that we have the same things in rotation and getting a little bored. Do you have any go-to healthy meals/recipes that you love and would be happy to share? We are not overly fussy, but all detest celery (though usually can leave out or substitute quite easily in recipes!)

I've been using shirataki noodles quite a bit lately. One of my go-to lunches is shirataki noodles, sauteed in some teriyaki sauce and garlic salt and sesame seeds, with broccoli on top, and then a protein (usually chicken breast or canned tuna). Super easy, and pretty good tasting while being quite healthy.

Please remove me from the team. I thought I would have time but it does not seem worth the effort. Good luck to all.

Peace to all.

Good luck with your future health-venture! If you ever need us, we'll be here for you. And if you happen to decide to stay, please let us know how we can make it more worth your time for you.

Okay going in the right direction now. Just gotta keep doing that. One thing that will be very hard for me when I reach my goal weight is maintaining. I can lose the weight, I can gain it, but I've never been able to maintain it for very long at all.

Maintenance is so tricky. I'm actually more afraid of maintenance than I am of continuing to lose. But I'm sure you've got the right toolkit to knock it out of the park (and an awesome support system too! :wink: )
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for going ape

Last week - 145.6
    This week - 143.8
    Loss of 1.8

Total loss 75.6

Had a drop late in the week, glad to be on track. I’ve been looking at my calories and my activity. I’m not sure if I am light active or not very active. My job is me sitting most of the day. But I do exercise classes four times a week and do some walking and yoga throughout that week.

Cheers!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Week 2 (time to face the music)
    PW: 212.5
    CW: 211.5

Might still be some water weight...had take-out spaghetti & eghplant parm (well half of one) last night and it was crazy salty. Usually, restaurant italian seems sweet to me. But I have to own this. The past couple weeks (work days), we hit 4-4:30 and I am ravenous and exhausted. Nothing is safe. I should take the 30-45 minutes to do a workout or something. But then the exhausted kicks me. Maybe I just need a nap.

I think I'm just stressed because of all the crap happening around the country. I should go back to actively avoiding all news but I can't seem to look away.

Melanie, I hear what you're saying. I've been so tired at 4:00/4:30 every day this week too. Chained to my desk with all hard and no rote work. I signed up for an online 25-day program with my Pilates Studio and since they can see me on the other side of Zoom, I'll probably make it to my scheduled classes this week coming up.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. I had a treadmill stress test on Friday - never done one of those before. I thought that was really hard - and I exercise every day. I was able to complete the test and one nurse towards the end said "I'm impressed - you're running uphill and you're smiling". I thought that was funny. Actually - people tell me that I am always smiling - so I guess it was just another day!! My brother had blockage in his carotid arteries - actually both at different times - so now that I am 65 my doctor is doing tests on me as a precaution.

I had a slight breakdown with my nut addiction over the weekend. There is a chain of stores in Michigan called "Cherry Republic". So they make all kinds of different products with Cherry's grown in Traverse City Michigan. I passed by a Cherry Republic store on Saturday and somehow talked myself into buying this Cherry Nut Mix that they describe this way:

"A signature Cherry Republic item. The Cherry Nut Mix tosses the sweet, succulent dried cherry in a tumble of premium jumbo almonds, jumbo cashews, and mammoth pecans. Protected in the best packaging we can find, the freshness of this mix is guaranteed. Consistently one of our best sellers during the holiday season, but the Cherry Nut Mix is good all year around!"

It also had a sign next to it that said "Caution - addictive!!!".

Well needless to say, the package was empty by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! I never got around to calculating the calories on that but I can only imagine!! Yesterday I almost talked myself into buying a family sized container of mixed nuts - but I somehow managed to walk away and acknowledge that it was NOT a good idea!! I am really happy with myself for making that wise decision! Its really too bad I can't learn how to eat nuts in moderation - its just not in my DNA!!

@lennoncpa Sheryl, For me, it's not nuts but it's cherries. Any kind, dark fresh ones off the tree, dried, the lovely ones inside chocolates. I can tell you that I brought a box of chocolate-covered cherries to my son's house at Christmas and had not a single one. I think the way that Cherry Republic described that nut and cherry mix would have got me too. At least you had a lot of protein! Congratulations on the stress test. I have always pictured you smiling. My question is are you smiling during tax season?
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    melaniedscott

I think I'm just stressed because of all the crap happening around the country. I should go back to actively avoiding all news but I can't seem to look away.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! Last night my husband was watching the news. Ok for one news show but I don't need or want to listen to someone's opinion of the news for several hours. I went to the office, turned on the TV in there and did 2 arm weight videos from YouTube.

@debbiewsharpe I've been wondering how it is personally and at home for you south of the border. We have enough to deal with with Covid all over the world and then you have the stress of this political situation. It will calm down. One of my friends thinks that it's a situation that just gets worse and worse. But things like this have happened historically and they do get better and people learn to see eye to eye again. A big hug to you and congratulations on working out as a reaction to stress. A+!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Got more good news from the doctor today. My tumor has shrunk anther 50% so it is about1/4 the size I started with! Yay!!!!!
    Plan for now is two more infusions with Keytruda then check again.
    I'm doing OK with weight loss this week, down 1/2 pound and that's a good thing. Still eating too many cookies but trying to balance that out with more protein.

Wow. This is the best news, Patsy! I'm so happy for you. All this and cookies :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    Thursday weigh in
    Pw 150.4 lbs
    Cw 150.2 lbs

Everything has pretty good this week, logging pretty consistently and have for the most part stayed on track.

Great loss!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @melaniedscott i cannot watch the news it’s too stressful for me. I will read up on some things but I can’t just sit and watch the news. I think it gives me anxiety.
    @debbiewsharpe i agree I needed socialization beyond my co workers and my immediate family. I’m glad you got a break from the day to day as well.
    @minstrelofsarcasm it was definitely beneficial. And we all need each other’s support right now.

Schools are about to start back up here so hopefully we will have some sense of normalcy to our lives again. I doubt that it lasts long with the numbers here and the cases in my small community. But I am ready for normalcy and better weather. It was beautiful here today and I wish it would stay that way. I’m back on track today. My weight is up and down so I have no idea what this weeks weigh in will be like. Im hoping for a loss but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve lost and gained the same pound and a half 3 times this week. I didn’t even weigh this morning. I knew it would be bad. I had a lot of carbs yesterday including bread and alcohol. 🤦‍♀️ Such is life, right. The goal is happiness regardless of size. I will get to goal whether it’s in 4 weeks or 12.

Kandi, Not that I live in the U.S. but a long time ago, I gave up TV news for public radio and newspapers...now newspaper websites. It's so much less stressful. I couldn't sleep at night after watching it on TV. We're in a state of emergency here for Covid, so we can't go out except for essentials once a week. We can walk our dogs but are always dodging each other and walking down the middle of the road. This will pass. For sure. Hang in there. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Not bad seeing its tom week and I haven't really worked out all week. I have not been able to get up early this week for some reason and by the time I get out of work and do what I need to do I just want to sit on the couch. I have to get back into routine next week because I have appointments every day.

You can do it, Tracy. Just living a busy life burns some calories too. :smile:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Check In: Tues 12th
    Food: Logged - over by a little (better!)
    Exercise: 2k walk
    Steps: 5,747
    Trying to work whilst helping a 5year old with their online schooling is hard! Was so tired by the end of the day yesterday. Only managed a short walk with my daughter. I was wanting to get some other exercise in (planned yoga), but didn't happen.
    Today marks 1 year since my brother passed away. I haven't seen my parents or younger brother since the funeral in February - what with Covid travel restrictions and we are dotted around different countries - UK, Ireland and Australia. Difficult grieving and being so far apart. Focussing on not eating my feelings or drowning my sorrows.

@Freeglerock Lisa, What a hard year it's been since the loss of your brother. In some ways, it's gone so fast and in others so slow. It's so much harder when you can't be with family. We've lost a few relatives this year but no-one as close as a sibling for me. Big hugs to you.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. I had a treadmill stress test on Friday - never done one of those before. I thought that was really hard - and I exercise every day. I was able to complete the test and one nurse towards the end said "I'm impressed - you're running uphill and you're smiling". I thought that was funny. Actually - people tell me that I am always smiling - so I guess it was just another day!! My brother had blockage in his carotid arteries - actually both at different times - so now that I am 65 my doctor is doing tests on me as a precaution.

I had a slight breakdown with my nut addiction over the weekend. There is a chain of stores in Michigan called "Cherry Republic". So they make all kinds of different products with Cherry's grown in Traverse City Michigan. I passed by a Cherry Republic store on Saturday and somehow talked myself into buying this Cherry Nut Mix that they describe this way:

"A signature Cherry Republic item. The Cherry Nut Mix tosses the sweet, succulent dried cherry in a tumble of premium jumbo almonds, jumbo cashews, and mammoth pecans. Protected in the best packaging we can find, the freshness of this mix is guaranteed. Consistently one of our best sellers during the holiday season, but the Cherry Nut Mix is good all year around!"

It also had a sign next to it that said "Caution - addictive!!!".

Well needless to say, the package was empty by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! I never got around to calculating the calories on that but I can only imagine!! Yesterday I almost talked myself into buying a family sized container of mixed nuts - but I somehow managed to walk away and acknowledge that it was NOT a good idea!! I am really happy with myself for making that wise decision! Its really too bad I can't learn how to eat nuts in moderation - its just not in my DNA!!

@lennoncpa Sheryl, For me, it's not nuts but it's cherries. Any kind, dark fresh ones off the tree, dried, the lovely ones inside chocolates. I can tell you that I brought a box of chocolate-covered cherries to my son's house at Christmas and had not a single one. I think the way that Cherry Republic described that nut and cherry mix would have got me too. At least you had a lot of protein! Congratulations on the stress test. I have always pictured you smiling. My question is are you smiling during tax season?

I just made a batch if cranberry-cherry chutney. Cranberries, dried cherries, port, sugar, water, allspice, orange zest and almond extract. Supposed to have walnuts but I don't like nuts in things, generally, or walnuts, specifically. Amazing in oatmeal, yogurt, on ice cream and all by itself. I think it is supposed to go on roast turkey.

I'm also a big fan of cherries...
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    KUMEcycling team
    Week number 3
    PW 203.2
    CW 202.0
    LTD 48.0

Great loss, Bob!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 210.1
    CW: 212.7
    LTD: 2

Steps:
    10129 15 Jan
    8,366 14 Jan
    5,648 13 Jan
    6,881 12 Jan
    4,094 11 Jan
    6,957 10 Jan
    9,959 9 Jan

Great stepping :smile:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Weigh in - sorry it's late this week has totally got away from me!

username - podperson1
    week - 2
    PW - 187.8
    CW - 187.8

Been an up and down week so guess will take the maintain. Isn't it strange how weight can jump up and down all week and then settle on the exact same decimals lol?
    Weigh in - sorry it's late this week has totally got away from me!

username - podperson1
    week - 2
    PW - 187.8
    CW - 187.8

Been an up and down week so guess will take the maintain. Isn't it strange how weight can jump up and down all week and then settle on the exact same decimals lol?

I hear what you're saying, Shelli. This is my story but it's not going up and that's fantastic. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.