WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Check In: Tues 12th
    Food: Logged - over by a little (better!)
    Exercise: 2k walk
    Steps: 5,747
    Trying to work whilst helping a 5year old with their online schooling is hard! Was so tired by the end of the day yesterday. Only managed a short walk with my daughter. I was wanting to get some other exercise in (planned yoga), but didn't happen.
    Today marks 1 year since my brother passed away. I haven't seen my parents or younger brother since the funeral in February - what with Covid travel restrictions and we are dotted around different countries - UK, Ireland and Australia. Difficult grieving and being so far apart. Focussing on not eating my feelings or drowning my sorrows.

@goingape Being in live group classes is great for motivation - it really does spur me on to do better and push harder. Hopefully it will all help to get you seeing that downward trend.
    @ljdanny Hope the doctors figure out the cause of your pain soon and can work on stopping it. What kind of bike did you go for? Trying to convince my other half that we should get one for us both to use!
    @cyndiesstuff Glad Mackie is feeling a little better. It is hard to see them suffer. I have an old cat that has recently started having health problems, so my heart goes out to you. And love the photo you posted of him - he's gorgeous!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    @rachelrjh

The biggest thing that’s helped me though is changing my weight loss goals in my apps. I’ve set them all to a more easily attainable goal of 180 pounds. Once I reach it, I’ll reset the goal. Having a goal of losing fifty pounds seems really far off and is daunting to me, whereas losing 15-20 pounds seems possible and not so far off.

you have a great plan! I love your positive attitude

[/quote]

i do the same thing. work in 10 pound increments or so. Much more attainable, or at least less daunting!

weighing in early this week (normal day is Friday)

117.6 down about 3 pounds so YAY!

hubby left the front door open this morning and our 2 Pyrenees got out. hubby out searching for them. he's better at finding them than I am. ordered GPS trackers for these jerks.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m late ... can I change my day to Wednesday going forward?

Not a problem! I'll have you shifted to Wednesday for next week.

Don’t kill me ... can I make it Friday?🙏🏽🙏🏽
    Sorry for all the back and forth just trying to create some routine for myself 😅

Nothing to worry about! We are here to provide support to you, regardless of what that may be. And if you're getting on the right track, we're succeeding.

@ljdanny - Sending love in your direction! Hope it's something easily remedied!

117.6 down about 3 pounds so YAY!

I'm assuming you mean 217.6, and not 117.6? :lol: Otherwise I will need to know how one could possibly lose almost 103lbs in a week. I wouldn't repeat it, but maybe steal some of the magic. :smirk:
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Week 2 (time to face the music)
    PW: 212.5
    CW: 211.5

Might still be some water weight...had take-out spaghetti & eghplant parm (well half of one) last night and it was crazy salty. Usually, restaurant italian seems sweet to me. But I have to own this. The past couple weeks (work days), we hit 4-4:30 and I am ravenous and exhausted. Nothing is safe. I should take the 30-45 minutes to do a workout or something. But then the exhausted kicks me. Maybe I just need a nap.

I think I'm just stressed because of all the crap happening around the country. I should go back to actively avoiding all news but I can't seem to look away.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I’m going to do a yoga with Adriene yoga practice today. I had been doing them right before bed. But now I’m so exhausted i end up just going to bed.
    So putting it out there and this is happening. I’ve really enjoying them.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. I had a treadmill stress test on Friday - never done one of those before. I thought that was really hard - and I exercise every day. I was able to complete the test and one nurse towards the end said "I'm impressed - you're running uphill and you're smiling". I thought that was funny. Actually - people tell me that I am always smiling - so I guess it was just another day!! My brother had blockage in his carotid arteries - actually both at different times - so now that I am 65 my doctor is doing tests on me as a precaution.

I had a slight breakdown with my nut addiction over the weekend. There is a chain of stores in Michigan called "Cherry Republic". So they make all kinds of different products with Cherry's grown in Traverse City Michigan. I passed by a Cherry Republic store on Saturday and somehow talked myself into buying this Cherry Nut Mix that they describe this way:

"A signature Cherry Republic item. The Cherry Nut Mix tosses the sweet, succulent dried cherry in a tumble of premium jumbo almonds, jumbo cashews, and mammoth pecans. Protected in the best packaging we can find, the freshness of this mix is guaranteed. Consistently one of our best sellers during the holiday season, but the Cherry Nut Mix is good all year around!"

It also had a sign next to it that said "Caution - addictive!!!".

Well needless to say, the package was empty by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! I never got around to calculating the calories on that but I can only imagine!! Yesterday I almost talked myself into buying a family sized container of mixed nuts - but I somehow managed to walk away and acknowledge that it was NOT a good idea!! I am really happy with myself for making that wise decision! Its really too bad I can't learn how to eat nuts in moderation - its just not in my DNA!!

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 2
    PW: 215.4
    CW: 215.4
    Maintain
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. I had a treadmill stress test on Friday - never done one of those before. I thought that was really hard - and I exercise every day. I was able to complete the test and one nurse towards the end said "I'm impressed - you're running uphill and you're smiling". I thought that was funny. Actually - people tell me that I am always smiling - so I guess it was just another day!! My brother had blockage in his carotid arteries - actually both at different times - so now that I am 65 my doctor is doing tests on me as a precaution.

I had a slight breakdown with my nut addiction over the weekend. There is a chain of stores in Michigan called "Cherry Republic". So they make all kinds of different products with Cherry's grown in Traverse City Michigan. I passed by a Cherry Republic store on Saturday and somehow talked myself into buying this Cherry Nut Mix that they describe this way:

"A signature Cherry Republic item. The Cherry Nut Mix tosses the sweet, succulent dried cherry in a tumble of premium jumbo almonds, jumbo cashews, and mammoth pecans. Protected in the best packaging we can find, the freshness of this mix is guaranteed. Consistently one of our best sellers during the holiday season, but the Cherry Nut Mix is good all year around!"

Well needless to say, the package was empty by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! I never got around to calculating the calories on that but I can only imagine!! Yesterday I almost talked myself into buying a family sized container of mixed nuts - but I somehow managed to walk away and acknowledge that it was NOT a good idea!! I am really happy with myself for making that wise decision! Its really too bad I can't learn how to eat nuts in moderation - its just not in my DNA!!

Your nutty stories make me laugh. The cherry nut mix sounds really nice. Wisconsin and Michigan do have a lot of good cherry stuff. Once in a while I make spiced nuts (raw nuts, spices/sugar, juice/butter/olive oil + crockpot...) once in a while. They are pretty hard to resist.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yoga done !
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa i feel your pain on the nut addiction. But I have to tell you even when I eat a whole bag I tell myself it’s better than a candy bar. It may be waaaaayyyy more calories but at least it’s healthy.
    @Freeglerock I’m so sorry you are weathering the anniversary of your brothers death without the comfort of family. Give them a call, FaceTime. This virus has taken so much from us. Don’t miss your family when you need them.

I’ve been doing so well the last few days. I mean my weight is back and forth but I’ve been really pushing to do everything right. And in walks my bad influence cousin. But I was sooo very glad to see him. My family used to be so close and we drifted. So I didn’t get my steps, I didn’t get my water, I didn’t get my vitamins. But I got something priceless, a moment with people I love. ❤️ A few hours of talking about times treasured from long ago. There are some people that time and distance will never waiver that bond. He is one of them! It was a good evening.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott

I think I'm just stressed because of all the crap happening around the country. I should go back to actively avoiding all news but I can't seem to look away.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! Last night my husband was watching the news. Ok for one news show but I don't need or want to listen to someone's opinion of the news for several hours. I went to the office, turned on the TV in there and did 2 arm weight videos from YouTube.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @lennoncpa

I’ve been doing so well the last few days. I mean my weight is back and forth but I’ve been really pushing to do everything right. And in walks my bad influence cousin. But I was sooo very glad to see him. My family used to be so close and we drifted. So I didn’t get my steps, I didn’t get my water, I didn’t get my vitamins. But I got something priceless, a moment with people I love. ❤️ A few hours of talking about times treasured from long ago. There are some people that time and distance will never waiver that bond. He is one of them! It was a good evening.

What a great day, I share your joy! I had an outside visit with mask on with my 2 closest friends (one is my cousin). I may not have done all I intended yesterday but that one visit was more beneficial to my well being than anything else I could have done.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    @ minstrelofsarcasm

My weight in day should be listed as Sunday. I used Monday for the first month here but changed it to Sunday. I have been weighing and posting step totals on Sunday. Can you change that for me please?
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    @ Freeglerock

I am sorry for the loss of your brother and for not being able to be with family to remember him this year. Covid has hit so many people in so many ways. Praying for you and your family!🙏🙏💕

• debbiewsharpe
    Options
    I have been replying to comments this morning, sorry I have been so inactive lately. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this?????
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Week 2
    pw:161.8
    cw: 161.3
  • melaniedscott
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have been replying to comments this morning, sorry I have been so inactive lately. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this?????

If all the comments are on the same page, you could click quote on each one and It will line them up and you can do what you want. You can also remove bits and only quote the bit you are responding to but you have to be careful not to mess up the html [quote....] text [/quote]. I'm guessing it is html-ish...maybe html5? That's the new hotness that I haven't learned. On a computer it is easier to selectively delete. I use my phone and it is a stone kitten.

if they're on different pages...write what you want to say and who it goes to without quoting?
    Today marks 1 year since my brother passed away. I haven't seen my parents or younger brother since the funeral in February - what with Covid travel restrictions and we are dotted around different countries - UK, Ireland and Australia. Difficult grieving and being so far apart. Focussing on not eating my feelings or drowning my sorrows.

So sorry for your loss. People say it gets better. That's not really true. I lost my sister 5 1/2 years ago and some days the sorrow rises up like a wave and swamps me. I think we get sorrow fatigue and we pile non-sorrow on top of it, just to be able to function again. And that becomes the new normal.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @ minstrelofsarcasm

My weight in day should be listed as Sunday. I used Monday for the first month here but changed it to Sunday. I have been weighing and posting step totals on Sunday. Can you change that for me please?

Not a problem - consider it done!

The "best" way? There's no right or wrong way to do anything, just a matter of finding something that works for you. I like to check in while my coffee is brewing and I'm not awake enough to complete any work yet.

Unless that wasn't what you were asking. In which case: clarification please?

kandi3570 wrote: »
    So I didn’t get my steps, I didn’t get my water, I didn’t get my vitamins. But I got something priceless, a moment with people I love. ❤️ A few hours of talking about times treasured from long ago. There are some people that time and distance will never waiver that bond. He is one of them! It was a good evening.

Honestly, I think I would take all of those heartwarming moments over meeting my daily goals. Besides, we take things day by day, but our bodies never truly stop - so every good decision you make has the power to negate the bad ones you've made previously.

lennoncpa wrote: »

Well needless to say, the package was empty by the time I went to sleep Saturday night!

That sounds so good. It's been a long time since I've had a worthwhile trail mix, but that may just make the cut. I can't blame you for eating all of it - I would do the exact same thing. Might even throw in some dark chocolate chunks for good measure.

I feel like the news is the #1 cause of my stress eating over the past year. I've been in no mindset to be able to handle all of this. The most reassuring thing, however, is knowing that I'm not alone in feeling the sheer weight of everything that's going on. I also made a rule not to watch any non-breaking news after 9pm. I'm usually pretty good at following it. Sometimes. Kinda.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    January Week Two

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.0 (January 7th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.0 (January 14th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 66 lbs

Aaaaaaand there's that post-blog whoosh I was hoping for. I'm still holding on to my holiday weight, for some reason. Maybe my body just loves caramel apple pie so much that it won't let it go? No matter, this is a step in the right direction, and I'm happy to see differences in the numbers while noticing differences in my body.

Food:

I ate reasonably well since the last time I weighed in, even though there was a night full of Indian food and alcohol that probably did me no favors. I've been doing my best to take each craving for food with a grain of salt (usually not literally), as I know I have been dehydrated, and dehydration does this sneaky thing where it disguises itself as hunger.

Exercise:

Unlike my food, I have been directly on top of my exercise routine. I have not cancelled a single spin class, I have added in more strength training, and I've remembered to both stretch and foam roll after classes and throughout the day to improve recovery. While I am worried this is the middle of my self-sabotaging cycle, Self-Improvement, I also know that I know my body much better than I have in the past, and I should be able to notice small signs of burnout. I hope. I don't know. But I won't stress about it until I get there.

Mindset:

There's really not much to say that hasn't already been said. Things are stressful in the world right now. The dark and cold isn't helping me very much, but I am doing things I enjoy to keep myself in high spirits. Having a community for support is incredibly important right now. :heart:
This discussion has been closed.