WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Got more good news from the doctor today. My tumor has shrunk anther 50% so it is about1/4 the size I started with! Yay!!!!!
    Plan for now is two more infusions with Keytruda then check again.
    I'm doing OK with weight loss this week, down 1/2 pound and that's a good thing. Still eating too many cookies but trying to balance that out with more protein.

Yay! Aren't cookies a cure for tumors, too?

Really, so happy for you!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh in
    Pw 150.4 lbs
    Cw 150.2 lbs

Everything has pretty good this week, logging pretty consistently and have for the most part stayed on track.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott i cannot watch the news it’s too stressful for me. I will read up on some things but I can’t just sit and watch the news. I think it gives me anxiety.
    @debbiewsharpe i agree I needed socialization beyond my co workers and my immediate family. I’m glad you got a break from the day to day as well.
    @minstrelofsarcasm it was definitely beneficial. And we all need each other’s support right now.

Schools are about to start back up here so hopefully we will have some sense of normalcy to our lives again. I doubt that it lasts long with the numbers here and the cases in my small community. But I am ready for normalcy and better weather. It was beautiful here today and I wish it would stay that way. I’m back on track today. My weight is up and down so I have no idea what this weeks weigh in will be like. Im hoping for a loss but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve lost and gained the same pound and a half 3 times this week. I didn’t even weigh this morning. I knew it would be bad. I had a lot of carbs yesterday including bread and alcohol. 🤦‍♀️ Such is life, right. The goal is happiness regardless of size. I will get to goal whether it’s in 4 weeks or 12.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Week 2
    HW: 218.5
    PW: 177.1
    CW: 176.8
    LTD: 41.7

Its a loss, so thats good. And this week I have been far better at tracking, and also being more accurate with weighing my foodstuffs. However, I have not had a single day where I have not gone over my calorie goal, and the main cause of that is late night snacking. We do eat dinner fairly early (around 6pm) so that we can eat as a family, and I tend not to go to bed until 11pm, so I think I need to come up with a sustainable plan. Maybe have a fruit snack with a herbal tea around 8pm? May be enough to keep me out of the biscuit tin.....
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 such good news - so pleased!
    @kandi3570 I hear you on wanting sense of normalcy, particularly with schools. Our schools won't be back until end of Feb earliest - not sure who will crack first, me or my kids!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Got more good news from the doctor today. My tumor has shrunk anther 50% so it is about1/4 the size I started with! Yay!!!!!
    Plan for now is two more infusions with Keytruda then check again.
    I'm doing OK with weight loss this week, down 1/2 pound and that's a good thing. Still eating too many cookies but trying to balance that out with more protein.

Great news! Prayers continue

• debbiewsharpe
    Options

We do eat dinner fairly early (around 6pm) so that we can eat as a family, and I tend not to go to bed until 11pm, so I think I need to come up with a sustainable plan. Maybe have a fruit snack with a herbal tea around 8pm? May be enough to keep me out of the biscuit tin.....

When you look at how far you have come and a loss this week- high 5. Your plan sounds good for the night snacking.

• debbiewsharpe
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Schools are about to start back up here so hopefully we will have some sense of normalcy to our lives again. I doubt that it lasts long with the numbers here and the cases in my small community. But I am ready for normalcy and better weather. It was beautiful here today and I wish it would stay that way. I’m back on track today. My weight is up and down so I have no idea what this weeks weigh in will be like. Im hoping for a loss but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve lost and gained the same pound and a half 3 times this week. I didn’t even weigh this morning. I knew it would be bad. I had a lot of carbs yesterday including bread and alcohol. 🤦‍♀️ Such is life, right. The goal is happiness regardless of size. I will get to goal whether it’s in 4 weeks or 12.

With your positive attitude you will get to goal. We are all ready for on site learning. Our district just closed everything again until end of January.

• debbiewsharpe
    Options

I need to come up with a sustainable plan. Maybe have a fruit snack with a herbal tea around 8pm? May be enough to keep me out of the biscuit tin.....
    You have come a long way since you started and a loss is great. Sometimes slow and steady is good. Great plan for the night snacking!

• debbiewsharpe
    Options
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    Pw 150.4 lbs
    Cw 150.2 lbs

Everything has pretty good this week, logging pretty consistently and have for the most part stayed on track.
    congrats on the loss and a good week!

• debbiewsharpe
    Options
    As you can see I am still trying to figure out the best way of responding. I think I responded twice above to the same person. Well, I guess twice is better than none. Now my next effort will be to respond to everyone on the same post. I tried that but failed miserably. Glad they have a preview button, wish they had a delete button. Maybe they do and I just haven't found it.

Thanks to those that gave me hints on how to do this. I would like to be more active and a better support of the team.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 191.8
    Cw 192
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    @melaniedscott
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! It took me a few tries to figure out where to quit deleting to get the name. I will now work on putting all my comments on one post. I think it will just take some practice.

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Not bad seeing its tom week and I haven't really worked out all week. I have not been able to get up early this week for some reason and by the time I get out of work and do what I need to do I just want to sit on the couch. I have to get back into routine next week because I have appointments every day.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    cyndiesstuff
    Friday
    pw: 150.7
    cw: 151.3
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I take that as a maintain. i am doing good. i have one day on my string of day on track. i am working on building consistency. it is the weekend and I am looking for ideas on how you escape? I am working on not using food as an escape. so tonite, I am making a beautiful dinner for myself, taking a walk with my dog after dinner, then coming home for meditation, pray and to bed early. hubby won't be home, he has a funeral to go to. an old friend fell off a scaffold to his death. he wasn't wearing his safety harness. that would have saved his life.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Now my next effort will be to respond to everyone on the same post. I tried that but failed miserably. Glad they have a preview button, wish they had a delete button. Maybe they do and I just haven't found it.

@debbiewsharpe -
    Just keep trying! Eventually it will come naturally to you, just have to find the process that works for you, whether that be copying and pasting everything to a word document, adding excess spaces around where the quote is, editing other quotes into your first comment, etc. Maybe I'll host a team meeting and show tips and tricks for MFP's website, since I know for a fact you're not the only one having this issue.

As for the delete button, MFP allows you to delete posts up to an hour after posting. All you have to do is refresh the page (or leave the thread and come back to it), scroll to where your post is, and then hover your mouse over the top right corner. A black gear should appear, with options to edit and delete the post.

I wrote all of that before seeing your comment to @melaniedscott , but I spent too much time writing it, and now I don't want to delete it. So, enjoy.

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 134.0
    Today's weight: 134.0
    Weekly Steps: 64,581
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team and happy Friday. I hope everyone is doing well!!

@kandi3570 thanks for the support in acknowledging my nut addiction and true it is at least healthy food- versus say a bag of French fries or something crazy like that! Sometimes when I post about my nut problem people give me tips on how to bag them up in small one serving bags but that wouldn’t work with me because I would just eat 10 baggies full or how ever many there are! It’s one of those things that I know is going to be eaten in one day - occasionally a 2 day period depending on what else I’ve eaten that day.
This discussion has been closed.