WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Good morning team. A bright and sunny Saturday here and I am about to go and bake a cake for my daughter to decorate for my birthday tomorrow. I plan to have some, but not all. Moderation. 😄

I have been practicing breaking bad habits using self-talk. I started with 'just for today' I won't do this - example, random tastes of food that I don't log, and moved into telling myself 'I don't do that anymore'. It's working for me, we always have a lot of food around because I have 4 kids, my daughter is always baking (just not cakes, she's so bad at them!) Conversely, if I decide to taste or eat something, I log it!

Also on the schedule today is basketball 🏀 - my son is playing 2 games and reffing a 3rd. Tomorrow I plan to do a nice long walk on the beach.

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    happy birthday. Of course you should have a piece of the cake your daughter is decorating especially for you. Besides, those calories don't count on our birthdays, right?
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    hope002 wrote: »
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 188.5
    CW 184.5

Great loss, Ella!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 135.0
    Today's weight: 134.0
    Weekly Steps: 56,524

Nice loss, Sheryl!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx it sounds like a busy life. I’m currently missing youth sports. Happy Birthday! I love that you are enjoying birthday cake. You should! I was snacking in the car and my daughter says are you going to log those or do car calories not count. 🙄. Lmao well at least she’s keeping me accountable.

@sleepymom5 I’m praying for a quick recovery for Jim’s brother and that none of you catch it.

I have been attaining 100g of protein a day with protein powder and my typical diet of eggs, cottage cheese, beans, meat and veggies. Somewhere between 0.5 and 0.6 grams per pound. Or 0.9g per pound of muscle mass(well according to my scale). Hopefully it’s enough.

On that note my body is tired. I’m actually tired too. So I’m taking it easy tonight. No treadmill, no strength training. I’m at 9600 steps, it will have to do.

• aknroberts
    aknroberts Posts: 102 Member
    Hi everyone

Week 1 weight in
    aknroberts (Alison)
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 231
    CW: 229.8
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    KUMEcycling team
    Week number 2
    PW 205.0
    CW 203.2
    LTD 46.8

Very surprised by the loss! Just think, I'm now about the weight of a Baby Fox from reaching 200!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    CW 220.5
    last week 220.2

i don't post in here every day (am i supposed to?) but I do usually post on my page daily and anyone can send a friend request.

Nope! You don't have to post here every day. As long as you post your weekly weigh-in, you have covered the requirements, although you are welcome to post here whenever you'd like. There is no "right" way to participate, all that matters is that you do.

Also, I have your previous weight as 230.0 lbs. Is this correct, or should I change it to be 220.2, as you've stated in your post? Losing 10-ish lbs in a week is a drastic drop. Help me out here.

220.2 was my weight last Friday an 1. 230 was 2 weeks before that I beleive
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 57 Member

@BlueSkyNomad - Hi Aggie! You just post your steps here, and I'll take care of the rest.

Thank you, Ashley. Just scrolled down the spreadsheet and seen the other tables! It seems awful a lot of work to do on top of being the team captain, so if you need any help with updating steps etc, I would be happy to assist :)

I pledge to do 10,000 steps daily and totals up to date:

11,245 8 Jan
    7,917 7 Jan
    11,449 6 Jan
    4,780 5 Jan
    7,081 4 Jan
    13,193 3 Jan

• Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Morning everyone! My journey back in the wagon is going quite slowly. Good things I am doing: Healthy meals, lots of fruit and vegetables, getting in some good cardio exercise (cycling, walking and running). Things I am doing that are not so great:
    - not tracking consistently
    - not drinking much water
    - late night snacking
    - maybe a little too much alcohol

We are back in a stricter lockdown in the UK, and so kids are not at school. I was really relying on the walking to and from school everyday for a decent bit of exercise (4mile a day at least), so now I have to fit steps in elsewhere. Running is going well, and am going out 3/4 days a week, this week being 5ks each time. Though last couple I have dragged the kids out on their scooters which does slow me down a little.
    I am finding the running is making me hungrier (or at least that is how I'm feeling). Tracking is easy, not sure why I am not doing it! So, just for today, I am going to track! Will report back tomorrow my success!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 135.2

Steps for week 30458
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 190
    Cw 191.8
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Sorry for the late weigh in, I left work on Thursday not feeling well and been blah ever since. My weight was much higher the beginning of the week, I had been walking all week on the treadmill until I got sick . I was also doing good with weighing and logging all my food. I'll just have to get back to that. I'm going to babysitting one of my granddaughters today but I wont be surprised if it turns into both of them being here, I'll get a workout chasing them .
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    Hugs and prayers for you and your family. I hope Jim's brother will be ok.

Thank you, you're right, I know what to do, just have to get it in gear and do it. I see my primary care doctor on Monday. I know he won't be too happy with my weight gain.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Actually an update because I had a different weight after I signed up.

dbrinkmeyer
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 189.2
    CW: 188.4

Steps for week: 36249
This discussion has been closed.