WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm that is some beautiful self love there! thanks for sharing that. compassion with the feelings from the number on the scale is one of my most worked on habits!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    weigh in Thursdays
    pw:161.8
    cw:161.8

maintenance is good, particularly since the other day I was at 163.?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am also missing a starting weight for the month from...
    ME!

melaniedscott
    PW: 206.5?
    CW: <CRINGES> 212.5
    +6

It isn't real and I know it. Since Monday, a pound has bern disappearing every day. Yes, really. It was so much worse Monday. All the chinese and new years junk food snacking was a bad idea. And the Chinese wasn't gone until Tues morning (breakfast). And then there was Mexican takeout Tues night as our planned dinner had technical difficulties. NSV: I only ate half of the Mexican.

Two days in the new year of sticking to the plan and getting two walks in each day. My ankle keeps misbehaving. 😔 But I'm in charge, not it. Of course...if it misbehaved BEFORE I left the house, it might be different but it waits until I'm 1/2 mile from home. Bad move (ha ha, in more than one way!). I know I did gain in Dec. But I don't know how much. Maybe I'll know by Sat.

The Botanical garden canceled the festival over the weekend...so no pix. We will go Sat...but they won't have the snow I was hoping for because we are all out. That's okay.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-logged and on target
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-over 30 min walking video, PT,stretching and strength

Well the day started off good then spent most of the afternoon watching the news....

Jim's brother was hospitalized with Covid. He is on oxygen now and stable. I am heading down to be with his wife who is also a good friend. I am not sure when I will be able to check in again. @minstrelofsarcasm can I skip the weigh in this week? I am not sure if I will be staying down there (she lives at the shore) or coming home.

@tryingagain5 You know what to do and you can do it. Remember just make little changes and you will get back to where you were. You can do it!
    @pacsnc6 I didn't even think about the instructors not being able to see you.
    @BlueSkyNomad Welcome! No pressure with posting but remember this is a safe space for you to share things if you choose to.
    @cyndiesstuff A challenging but still successful day! I know it has been a lot of work but now you are putting it into practice. Give yourself a big pat on your back.
    @minstrelofsarcasm It is hard to see the higher number on the scale even with all that you know that is behind it. You have a great plan moving forward. I am in a similar spot so I am going to follow your lead and just keep on keeping on.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I've been doing a lot of thinking the last few days, and I think I'm going to need to leave the group for now. Right now with so many other things going on, I can't give the group the attention I need to. Might be good to go ahead and step back before 2021 gets fully into swing.

The last two years with y'all have been inspiring and awesome, and I've enjoyed the celebrations and encouragement both that I've received and have been able to share.

I'm still working on me and on my health, and I'll be rooting for all of you!

Much love!!!

@GingerPwr -

It's been lovely to have you on our team. You've been a marvelous support, and if you ever need anything, we are still here for you. Once a WNM, always a WNM. :heart:

Wishing you all the best!

@GingerPwr ~

I've learned so much from you and trust you are making the right decision for yourself in this moment. So glad to count you as a friend on MFP. Sending love and support your way. :heart:
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 57 Member
    Hello Team

How does the step challenge work? Do we just post steps in the thread or is there a spreadsheet to update?

Thank you and have a lovely day :)
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    I forgot to post yesterday started my internship and yesterday is a blur lol hope that's alright!

Pw 152 lbs
    CW 150.4 lbs
  • cyndiesstuff
    Good morning team weight no more. Yesterday was day 12 in my string of on plan days. Quite a string! Now here comes the weekend. the weekends have been a place where I still have some difficulty. I am home, hubby eats all the things, I get tempted, the frig is right there. I am a work in progress. I can live my life without over eating. I can do nothing and not have to eat to fill the time. when the urges come I am going to tell myself "urges come and urges go. I am going to say no now so that in the future there will be less discomfort. see, discomfort is not necessarily a bad thing. the discomfort I feel is because I am doing something new. and I want to do this new thing. so I am willing to sit with a little discomfort.

What is everyones plan for the weekend? Need some good action oriented ideas. Don't let the weekend ruin all the progress you have made all week.

I will start: I put a sticky note on my frig asking if I am truly hungry. This will remind me to think before I mindlessly eat.

What is your plan?
  • cyndiesstuff
    Cyndiesstuff
    SW: 196
    PW: 154
    CW: 150.7
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hello Team

How does the step challenge work? Do we just post steps in the thread or is there a spreadsheet to update?

Thank you and have a lovely day :)

@BlueSkyNomad - Hi Aggie! You just post your steps here, and I'll take care of the rest.

mxlaw90 wrote: »
    I forgot to post yesterday started my internship and yesterday is a blur lol hope that's alright!

Not a problem! As long as you posted before Sunday, I've got you covered. Probably. Most likely.

What is everyone's plan for the weekend? Need some good action oriented ideas. Don't let the weekend ruin all the progress you have made all week.

I will start: I put a sticky note on my frig asking if I am truly hungry. This will remind me to think before I mindlessly eat.

What is your plan?

Well, I'm still sore from the squat challenge combined with all the rigorous spinning I've done this week. So, assuming my legs are cooperating with me tomorrow... I'm going back to spin class. And if I'm still feeling restless, I'll go for a walk, because the weather looks like it'll cooperate and not drop any unwanted precipitation on Ohio.

As for your note, I have a process that I don't always stick to, but when I do, it's super effective:
    • First time I feel like getting up to grab a snack, I drink 4 oz of water instead, because thirst usually masks itself as hunger
    • Ten minutes later, if I'm still hungry, I eat a small handful of berries
    • If I'm still hungry ten minutes after that, I make a protein-based snack
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    weekly check in

CW 220.5
    last week 220.2

most likely water weight due to increased activity and the water weight Chinese food I had yesterday. been well within calories all week. just cause it fits in your calories doesn't mean water weight wont show up for a bit LMAOOOOOO

i don't post in here every day (am i supposed to?) but I do usually post on my page daily and anyone can send a friend request.

chicken fajita soup on the stove for supper tonight and headed to the gym in a few minutes.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    CW 220.5
    last week 220.2

i don't post in here every day (am i supposed to?) but I do usually post on my page daily and anyone can send a friend request.

Nope! You don't have to post here every day. As long as you post your weekly weigh-in, you have covered the requirements, although you are welcome to post here whenever you'd like. There is no "right" way to participate, all that matters is that you do.

Also, I have your previous weight as 230.0 lbs. Is this correct, or should I change it to be 220.2, as you've stated in your post? Losing 10-ish lbs in a week is a drastic drop. Help me out here.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Sorry Ashley, thought I had changed my weigh in day to Fridays! Here you go:

Week 1
    HW: 218.5
    PW: 179.5
    CW: 177.1
    LTD: 41.4

I'm having mixed success at the moment. I am getting some good exercise in, making some healthy meal choices, but my evening snacking it not really under control. Currently in the midst of home schooling - will post more later! Take care all
  • justmeagain275x
    justmeagain275x Posts: 6 Member
    Hiya all
    Sharon from Ireland here.
    So my stats:
    Sw (1/1/21) - 214 lb
    Cw - 212 lb
    Plan - calorie counting wi better food choices and exercise
    Target - get fit, lose some weight (168lb for a starting goal).
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm May I weigh in tomorrow, please? I like to weigh in the morning and the morning just got away from me.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    @minstrelofsarcasm May I weigh in tomorrow, please? I like to weigh in the morning and the morning just got away from me.

You got it!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 188.5
    CW 184.5

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 135.0
    Today's weight: 134.0