Week 2
    Fri
    PW: 229.8
    CW: 229

Great weigh-in!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Oh, and a little request.... I am currently making a meal plan for the week, and find that we have the same things in rotation and getting a little bored. Do you have any go-to healthy meals/recipes that you love and would be happy to share? We are not overly fussy, but all detest celery (though usually can leave out or substitute quite easily in recipes!)

You may not go for this but I love a nice cauliflower curry for lunch and eat it several times a week. I change the recipe a bit by adding extra cauliflower and carrots and thinning it out with a little vegetable bouillon to account for the extra vegetables. I divide it into containers. It's an aromatic and filling lunch, high and high in fibre. NOTE: I don't make it in a slow cooker and there are plenty of other recipes around. https://www.wellplated.com/cauliflower-curry/
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Sw (1/1/21) - 214 lb
    Pw - 212 lb
    Cw - 211 lb
    Little by little!

Great weigh-in and progress overall!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options

Maybe I'll host a team meeting and show tips and tricks for MFP's website, since I know for a fact you're not the only one having this issue.

As for the delete button, MFP allows you to delete posts up to an hour after posting. All you have to do is refresh the page (or leave the thread and come back to it), scroll to where your post is, and then hover your mouse over the top right corner. A black gear should appear, with options to edit and delete the post. [/spoiler]
    I would definitely like the tips and tricks lesson! I did not know about the delete button, thanks! You and Melanie are a great help.

Great idea @minstrelofsarcasm !
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    aknroberts wrote: »
    aknroberts
    Week 2
    Fri
    PW: 229.8
    CW: 229
    It all adds up, good job
    kos33 wrote: »
    Kos33
    PW 167.2
    CW 167
    little by little, getting there
    Sw (1/1/21) - 214 lb
    Pw - 212 lb
    Cw - 211 lb
    Little by little!

good job!

@debbiewsharpe You are one fast learner! So glad you got the hand of it :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 2
    Pw- 155.8
    Cw- 154.8

Okay going in the right direction now. Just gotta keep doing that. One thing that will be very hard for me when I reach my goal weight is maintaining. I can lose the weight, I can gain it, but I've never been able to maintain it for very long at all.

@Zumba_Luvah You'll do great. It's really almost the same as losing and you get to eat more. I'd say it's more about hovering than staying bang on one number. @debbiewsharpe has a very good approach to maintaining. Keep your eye on her.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Freeglerock My husband and I cooked meals for his parents three days a week for two years (will not discuss...always ends with me ranting...it is starting...No!!). We asked them to pick at least one meal a week (gave them a list of options) but they never did. After they complained about duplicates (solution: tell me WHAT YOU WANT) over two or three weeks, because we do a lot of the same stuff and most of my creative is too spicy for them, I created an 8 week rotation (with week sub-ins, so, really 12ish?) on note cards. I say 8 because there are about 8 "nice" meals that I only ever make on a weekend because of prep work or cook time and the rotation circled around those...but there are a couple dishes I won't make more than once every 6-12 months, like Lasagna, that would enter the rotation occasionally.

One recipe I found that worked really well was Beef and Broccoli (which MIL ordered at restaurants a lot). Recipe follows:
    https://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-easy-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-99476

Here is why we liked it: it is very versitle. Use chicken (or tofu or pork or shrimp or fish) instead of beef. Look! 5 different dishes! Sub in green beans (or carrot or peppers or asparagus or mushroom....or a combination) and look! 5 more dishes! It is easy, fast(ish) and yummy every way we made it. Serve with rice or udon. Or whatever you like with stirfry. And, no celery...

The same site had a Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry which is pretty good too. The pic shows baby corn. The recipe has none. I add a can sometimes, as I like baby corn.
    And if any of this sounds obsessive compulsive...it is. Totally.

This is the second time I typed this because my stupid phone decided to refresh...stupid kitten.

@melaniedscott and @Freeglerock I love this too! It's so hearty, almost everyone likes it, everyone else can have lots of rice or noodles, it fast and easy to make, and it's low cal. I usually make it once a week.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    podperson1 wrote: »
    ...I'm making a veggie sausage casserole type thing tonight that I will probably make a big batch of and freeze. It's basically veggie sausages, garlic, onion, peppers, cook them all in a pan, add tin of chopped toms, tin of mixed beans, bit of paprika and simmer for maybe 5 mins. Really quick and easy but tastes nom :) I'm a very lazy cook so can't be bothered with anything too complicated :)

This sounds nice...when you say a tin of mixed beans...like green beans, wax beans an yellow beans (three bean salad style) or black beans, kidney beans...etc? I've never seen a mixture of bean-beans in the states...but it sounds intriguing. Of course, you said garlic, onion and peppers so I'm automatically in.

@melaniedscott I've seen a can of mixed beans in Canada called mixed bean salad but they're kidney, navy, pinto, and chickpeas. People used to make an oil and vinegar dressing and bring them to pot lucks and picnics. Now I'm curious too.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    dbrinkmeyer
    Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 188.4
    CW: 188.4

Was sick this week. :( Oh well.

NIce maintain :smile:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 182.6
    CW 178.6
    Total loss 90.0 lbs

Last weeks steps
    Sat. 9972
    Sun. 8754
    Mon 12177
    Tue 16571
    Wed 8725
    Thu 15594
    Fri. 15192

Great weigh-in and I love your new profile pic, Kandi!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:165.9
    Current weight:163.9

Great weigh-in, Kirsten!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    Weigh in for going ape

Last week - 145.6
    This week - 143.8
    Loss of 1.8

Total loss 75.6

Had a drop late in the week, glad to be on track. I’ve been looking at my calories and my activity. I’m not sure if I am light active or not very active. My job is me sitting most of the day. But I do exercise classes four times a week and do some walking and yoga throughout that week.

Cheers!

Great weigh-in, April!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. I had a treadmill stress test on Friday - never done one of those before. I thought that was really hard - and I exercise every day. I was able to complete the test and one nurse towards the end said "I'm impressed - you're running uphill and you're smiling". I thought that was funny. Actually - people tell me that I am always smiling - so I guess it was just another day!! My brother had blockage in his carotid arteries - actually both at different times - so now that I am 65 my doctor is doing tests on me as a precaution.

I had a slight breakdown with my nut addiction over the weekend. There is a chain of stores in Michigan called "Cherry Republic". So they make all kinds of different products with Cherry's grown in Traverse City Michigan. I passed by a Cherry Republic store on Saturday and somehow talked myself into buying this Cherry Nut Mix that they describe this way:

"A signature Cherry Republic item. The Cherry Nut Mix tosses the sweet, succulent dried cherry in a tumble of premium jumbo almonds, jumbo cashews, and mammoth pecans. Protected in the best packaging we can find, the freshness of this mix is guaranteed. Consistently one of our best sellers during the holiday season, but the Cherry Nut Mix is good all year around!"

It also had a sign next to it that said "Caution - addictive!!!".

Well needless to say, the package was empty by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! I never got around to calculating the calories on that but I can only imagine!! Yesterday I almost talked myself into buying a family sized container of mixed nuts - but I somehow managed to walk away and acknowledge that it was NOT a good idea!! I am really happy with myself for making that wise decision! Its really too bad I can't learn how to eat nuts in moderation - its just not in my DNA!!

@lennoncpa Sheryl, For me, it's not nuts but it's cherries. Any kind, dark fresh ones off the tree, dried, the lovely ones inside chocolates. I can tell you that I brought a box of chocolate-covered cherries to my son's house at Christmas and had not a single one. I think the way that Cherry Republic described that nut and cherry mix would have got me too. At least you had a lot of protein! Congratulations on the stress test. I have always pictured you smiling. My question is are you smiling during tax season?

I just made a batch if cranberry-cherry chutney. Cranberries, dried cherries, port, sugar, water, allspice, orange zest and almond extract. Supposed to have walnuts but I don't like nuts in things, generally, or walnuts, specifically. Amazing in oatmeal, yogurt, on ice cream and all by itself. I think it is supposed to go on roast turkey.

I'm also a big fan of cherries...

I love chutney. One of the most versatile condiments ever. I've been putting cardamom in lately but that didn't go over well at Thanksgiving. I will have to add cherries now that you have told me this.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. I had a treadmill stress test on Friday - never done one of those before. I thought that was really hard - and I exercise every day. I was able to complete the test and one nurse towards the end said "I'm impressed - you're running uphill and you're smiling". I thought that was funny. Actually - people tell me that I am always smiling - so I guess it was just another day!! My brother had blockage in his carotid arteries - actually both at different times - so now that I am 65 my doctor is doing tests on me as a precaution.

I had a slight breakdown with my nut addiction over the weekend. There is a chain of stores in Michigan called "Cherry Republic". So they make all kinds of different products with Cherry's grown in Traverse City Michigan. I passed by a Cherry Republic store on Saturday and somehow talked myself into buying this Cherry Nut Mix that they describe this way:

"A signature Cherry Republic item. The Cherry Nut Mix tosses the sweet, succulent dried cherry in a tumble of premium jumbo almonds, jumbo cashews, and mammoth pecans. Protected in the best packaging we can find, the freshness of this mix is guaranteed. Consistently one of our best sellers during the holiday season, but the Cherry Nut Mix is good all year around!"

It also had a sign next to it that said "Caution - addictive!!!".

Well needless to say, the package was empty by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! I never got around to calculating the calories on that but I can only imagine!! Yesterday I almost talked myself into buying a family sized container of mixed nuts - but I somehow managed to walk away and acknowledge that it was NOT a good idea!! I am really happy with myself for making that wise decision! Its really too bad I can't learn how to eat nuts in moderation - its just not in my DNA!!

@lennoncpa Sheryl, For me, it's not nuts but it's cherries. Any kind, dark fresh ones off the tree, dried, the lovely ones inside chocolates. I can tell you that I brought a box of chocolate-covered cherries to my son's house at Christmas and had not a single one. I think the way that Cherry Republic described that nut and cherry mix would have got me too. At least you had a lot of protein! Congratulations on the stress test. I have always pictured you smiling. My question is are you smiling during tax season?

I just made a batch if cranberry-cherry chutney. Cranberries, dried cherries, port, sugar, water, allspice, orange zest and almond extract. Supposed to have walnuts but I don't like nuts in things, generally, or walnuts, specifically. Amazing in oatmeal, yogurt, on ice cream and all by itself. I think it is supposed to go on roast turkey.

I'm also a big fan of cherries...

I love chutney. One of the most versatile condiments ever. I've been putting cardamom in lately but that didn't go over well at Thanksgiving. I will have to add cherries now that you have told me this.

Occasionally, I'll get crazy and swap in frozen cherries for cranberries and dried cranberries for dried cherries...one day I'll do a double cranberry and/or double cherry.

And I love cardamom...
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Definitely craving cherries. That is one of my favourite fruits but we only get them in season around here.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    Definitely craving cherries. That is one of my favourite fruits but we only get them in season around here.

We get them all the time here but they can get up to $12 a pound some times of the year, so I don’t buy them then.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I’ve been craving lasagna. So I tried a lasagna with zucchini noodles. It tasted very good, but it was watery. I think I’ll make again just not add the zucchini. I salted and strained and strained the zucchini first. But it’s still cooked up too much getting the egg and cheese to cook. But no complaints. My daughter even ate it. 😁
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean thank you! 😁
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Week 2
    Previous weight: 150.0
    Current weight: 149.8
    Loss to date: 27.6
This discussion has been closed.