• calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Feb. 7
    Exercise: biking 85 min., stretching 45 min
    Tracking: yes
    Calories; yes
    0 pass days

Weight fluctuating a bit, but that's normal, I've done this before.
  • LJ_Cork
    LJ_Cork Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, gentle walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days 1/3
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Did a 45 min HIIT and walked for msybe 30 min. With over 200cal left, I'd call this a good day!
  • jensam327
    jensam327 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes - Yoga 60 min
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes

Passes taken: 1/3
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    I'm a dissaster

2/3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @abowersgirl You are important and you are appreciated.
    Your friend, Rick
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: »
    February 06

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 1 h 3 Min walking, 10 min stairs climbing up and down.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, 1,190 / 1,200
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, 2,630 ml of fluid.

Pass days: 0 / 3

@RangerRickL it's really weird, there are many things I wanted to try but when I wanted to write about it, I couldn't think of anything. I should write down somewhere whenever I feel interested in doing something so I can remind myself later.

I, too, MUST write EVERYTHING down, as I forget stuff if I do not! I want to get back to writing, something that I truly enjoy! I have been told by many people that I know, some of who have published their own books, a few suggestions for me!
    Some of those suggestions included having journal books EVERYWHERE that I frequent. I have the journals in my purse, my car, my bedroom, living room, bathroom, office in my home, kitchen, and the basement next to my treadmill. The basement I have made into my own little exercise room with everything I need and use. Of course, there are more items I wish to add to my exercise room in due time! I understand the reason that these suggestions were offered to me! When a thought or story hits you at that moment, you MUST write it down right then and there! If you do NOT do this, you lose it, or if you do it later and remember it, it rarely comes out the EXACT way it was the first time! IT WAS not always a bad thing, as the second time could be better, but sometimes, the first way was the BEST!
    My suggestion to you, if wanting to think of things you want to try, would be to write every day in a journal. Write about your day, like a person would when younger in a diary. I often wrote in my diary when I was younger! I still have those diaries today, except for the ones confiscated by the police when my step-father was arrested! That is a LONG story, but they were KEY in the information that helped in his arrest! Thinking I might see if the police department still has them. If anyone in the UAC knows how LONG things are kept as evidence by the police, this info might be useful to me!
    Write every day in the journal and go back and read about your whole week that you write on the weekends! YOU might find clues in YOUR writing that give YOU the answers to the question! What do YOU want to try in YOUR life?
    I hope this HELPS you!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @thabit11, so true love your idea! “ it's really weird, there are many things I wanted to try but when I wanted to write about it, I couldn't think of anything. I should write down somewhere whenever I feel interested in doing something so I can remind myself later.”

One thing that comes to mind is run a 5k with my daughter and 10 year old grandson. I’ve ran a half marathon with my daughter before. My grandson asks a couple times if I would run a 5k with him....

It would help if YOU ran that race with your Grandson! What is STOPPING you? I know Covid right now has put the brakes on some things, but when it FINALLY leaves us, and it will, then YOU should do this! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    2/6

I think I need to call today a pass day. We got Chipotle, and I built a bowl that stuck to my calorie goal in theory - assuming their portion sizes were what they claim they were - but as I was eating it I was thinking this burrito bowl maker was generous. So, in theory not a pass day but I feel more comfy calling it a pass day than not.

Exercise: Yes - 1 mile walk, 3 mile ugly run. Ugly run = I ran my neighborhood since my running trial is covered in two feet of snow and my neighborhood is a giant hill. My average HR was 169 and I averaged an 11 minute mile. 😂 Hills are the devil.
    Calories: No, see above
    Tracked: I mean kind of?

Something new. Hm. I’d like to be able to do a pull-up. I was a great athlete in high school/college, but pull ups were something I couldn’t do in the best of shape even back then. I want to do one to prove to myself not only am I in as good of shape as I was in my athlete years - I’m in better shape!

I do NOT think YOU need to call a pass day, but YOU are the person who decides if you should or not. The great thing about the UAC group, the rules state, YOU are the person that defines YOUR own GOALS with a few added rules, such as posting, logging, tracking, and easy 20 mins a day of activity and NOT hardcore exercise! Straightforward rules to follow and different for each of us on how we decide to follow them!
    Pull-ups are HARD! I don't think I can do one either, but maybe I should give that a try too! I used to work as a lunch supervisor years ago at the school. This means that I was responsible for the children inside the cafeteria during lunch and recess outside! I often enjoyed playing with the children outside because growing up and a traumatic childhood did NOT allow ME to be a kid! Other supervisors stood around talking with each other, but I LOVED the interaction with the kiddos! I tried doing a pull-up on the jungle-gym and failed miserably, which the kiddos found quite amusing! I do NOT have that upper-body strength as I did in my younger days! I think YOUR GOAL of achieving this is awesome, and do not doubt that you WILL and probably more than just one too! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 60 minute Vinyasa Yoga class, a 30 minute Mind-Body-Connect class, and a 30 minute Simply Stretch class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

YOU always AMAZE and INSPIRE me, Bill! Well done, yet again, my friend, simply awesome! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    May I please use my second pass?

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Noooooo. Nope. Not even close.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yup, every delicious morsel.

YOU NEVER have to ask for using a pass day! We get 3 a month to use as we wish! I, too, will be using one that I had planned for Sunday and probably will use ALL 3 this month, and that is ok because we get 3! If I used more than the allotted 3, it does NOT mean that I FAILED either! I dust myself off, get back on track the next day, keep posting and logging, tracking my food, and taking advice, motivation, and encouragement from the group!
    TOMORROW is a NEW day, my friend! YOU will do GREAT! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, under

3️⃣ Pass days left

@SModa61 @Bovaryoo @donna25trinity My protein today was 32% and my goal is 35% so that's a big improvement. Thanks for your help ladies 🥰

@SummerSkier so happy to hear about Bandit's healing ❤ I grew up riding everyday after school and I miss it so much. You're very lucky 🐎
    @MaltedTea thanks for the advice I'll check out the forums

As for something new, I had a dream I was skiing downhill on Hunter Mountain and enjoying Tequila Sunrises afterwards with friends and it felt great. So that's my something new when possible.

Your DREAM sounds AMAZING! YOU should do this, then tell us all about it and add a pic too! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    02/06:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. Today I did 60 mins on the treadmill at 3.6mph.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes.
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASS: 1/3 (02Feb)

I'm glad that Bandit is better! Thanks for the update!
    Something new that I'd like to do? I want to find the time to learn how to Belly Dance. I think that it would be a great workout!! I'd also like to continue building up my speed/time on my c25k and eventually turn it into a real 5k (perhaps by my 60th birthday in May!?) and even a 10k (I'm "shooting" for a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving 2021)

YOU have lots of AMAZING goals, my friend! I, too, wanted to learn belly dancing! I heard it is an AWESOME core workout! I wish that YOU lived by me and we could do it together!
    I noticed that YOU increased YOUR treadmill speed too! Way to go! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Feb. 6
    Exercise - Yes. Indoor cycle 55. Step class 45. Core & upper body 35
    Calories - Yes
    Tracked - Yes

Something new?.... Had just started back XC skiing in recent wks after 15+ yrs without touching my skis. I would like to become proficient enough to be able to tackle the challenging trails with tougher hills etc. But the weather is not nice this wkd... -30C and windy 🥶 so it’ll have to wait for next wkend for me to get practicing again :)

I would say that picking up the skis after 15 years of NOT skiing is pretty AWESOME in itself!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    tlwoodbell wrote: »
    Okay, I’ve been terrible. I am just logging in for the first time this month. I missed the mark for the first three days in diet and exercise, so my three pass days are gone. However, on a positive note, I have been back on track since the 4th!

Thursday, February 4th Yes x3 40 min total = 30 min upper body circuit + 10 min stretch
    Friday, February 5th Yes x3 40 min total = 30 min lower body circuit + 10 min stretch
    Saturday, February 6th Yes x3 40 min total = 30 walking + 10 min stretch

Not so terrible! YOU did come back, and other people have just QUIT! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (tread and bike)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

I had to catch up on my logging...I've been successful every day! The weather is arctic here, so treadmill and biking in the basement is my go-to for a while...no outdoor walks until the arctic air goes away.

Where do you live? It is the same way here in Illinois! Simply freezing, and the polar vortex is HERE! :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    idoliov wrote: »
    3 YES day! Takes me 40 minutes to go 2 miles but got my 20 minutes of activity in.
    1 of 3 pass days used.

It does NOT matter if it took YOU 40 minutes to go 2 miles! I am IMPRESSED that YOU did 2 miles, and YOU should be too! The faster time will come in due time! That actually sounded funny once I wrote that last part! :p
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    From Rick:
    Weekends are a good time to consider doing something new.
    Is there something new you would like to do?

The last time we ate out was Valentine’s Day 2020 & a couple weeks later, COVID hit. We have not eaten out since then.

Neither of us really loves to cook, so we eat pretty simply.

We’ve decided to design, plan & co-cook our at-home Valentines dinner. The beginning of a NEW tradition of co-created special celebratory dinners at HOME rather than returning to eating out, which is the largest threat to us maintaining our combined 124 lb loss!!

I’m SO excited we came up with this!
    Hugs!
    Maddie
    PS Also glad I will t feel overfill as I can always eat leftovers the next day. (I tended to finish my plate(s) in restaurants.)

My husband and I rarely eat out because it is hard on the budget! Before Covid, we would eat out for special occasions such as birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, and once in a blue moon so we did not have to cook!
    I ALWAYS get a tummy ache after eating out, as I have to watch how much gluten and dairy I eat. The food ALWAYS leaves me feeling bloated because they add so much salt!
    We ate out two times during Covid, and both times were NOT happy! It was not that staff or food was bad, but that the experience of eating out, the atmosphere, is NO longer what WE LOVE! We do NOT enjoy wearing a mask, but do so because that is the ONLY way we could enter the restaurant! We do NOT enjoy sitting between the plexiglass and separated from the other diners! We do NOT enjoy the higher prices on the menu, the limited food selection, and the added Covid tax that has been put on the bills now! We do NOT enjoy that they do NOT have a menu, but rather a link to go on your phone and look up the menu and order this way! This only happened at one of the restaurants that we went to, and NOT the other one. I do NOT want to look up the menu on my phone! My phone is small, and it is hard for me to see, and harder to see on my phone; plus, it is NOT always charged, nor do I have it! If we asked for a regular menu, they probably have one, but looking around at the other diners, I did NOT see ANYONE with a menu! It is just encouraging people more screen time and attachment to our devices, but YOU and I can PM on that subject ( ha, ha )
    The bottom line on that LONG answer is good for you to have Valentine's dinner at home! We are doing the same thing here! My hubby enjoys cooking, makes way better food than we eat out, cheaper on budget, better for our health, saves on money, has no menu to try and read, and can eat in your pajamas! :p
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Did a 45 min HIIT and walked for msybe 30 min. With over 200cal left, I'd call this a good day!

I would call that a good day too, my friend! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    I'm a dissaster

2/3

Seeing this post broke my HEART! I know this feeling myself, all too well!
    Hugs, my friend! Sending you a friend request! I think I have FINALLY figured out how to do this! :'(