Options
    Weigh In
    Start of 2021: 270.0
    Last week: 262.3
    This week: 261.2
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84, I, too, am going to be sorry to see you go, but I, of all people, also understand the need to step away from time to time. You have been an invaluable leader of this team, so thank you for that. I am glad to hear you are still going to be working toward your goals. You have been doing some amazing exercise this month (possibly inspired by the Hogwarts Challenge), but nonetheless, I hope you continue to explore new forms of exercise and to challenge yourself. I have no doubt that we will see you this again in TBBT sometime in the future. Until then, I wish you well!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 You are not letting anyone down!! Stop that right now. I'm no expert but just for fun check the sodium and carb count for yesterday. If they're high it could be causing water retention. 🤷‍♀️

I know nothing about it either lol. I don't preset those - according to MFP I had 137g carbs and had 30g left and I was under the sodium also by 21mg. I used to have really great weeks and now I feel like I have started losing slower than a turtle :s
  • HASWLRS
    Options

I got the munchies late afternoon and made some bad food choices. I know next time to go straight for the Protein Shake. I was +301. Hopefully offsetting that, I exercised so much that I was completely worn out by 8 p.m.

I've had some professional frustrations lately. Being a part of this group is really helping. There are things I can't control, but I feel that, though I am still working on it, exercise and eating is something I can control.

@HASWLRS - I hope your husband feels better soon. You did a great job staying under calories, even with the cookies. I'm glad you still kept your appointment. I think we need to take care of ourselves in these trying times. I have my eye on a workout item to buy when I get below 140 pounds--trying to decide between a cheerful yellow jacket or two super soft long-sleeved cotton shirts in pretty colors. My scale seems stuck between 141 and 143.

@richmondwriter, first off, well done for making the realization that a protein shake was what you should have been reaching for. As long as we learn something from our mistakes, then the mistakes are worth making. And secondly, well done again at increasing your exercise calories and trying to mitigate the damage even further. I am sorry that work has been fraught with some frustrations lately. You are right, though, to realize that you cannot control these things, but you can control what you put in your mouth and how much you move.

As far as rewarding yourself for getting to a certain number on the scale, I was doing that as well. I was going to get a pedicure when I got down to 170. However, I ultimately decided not to wait. I had been working hard, despite the lack of results and I deserved it, magic number or not.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Maryc11
    Friday 2.26.21
    Feb start weight = 221.3
    Feb week 1 = 220.5
    Feb week 2 =218.9
    Feb week 3 = n/a
    Feb week 4 = 221.8
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @brandi_84 - thank you so much for all you've done for our group! I may be able to help with the MUAC - what would that involve? @cmhubbard92 - I think that may help me stay engaged and focused next month!

SO, I have been analyzing and re-analyzing my lack of progress. I think for next month I will try to do more strenght exercises, and also lower carbs to lower my inflammation, which should also help with reactivity to pollen.

@annabananamc, I am so glad you had a good day with your friend walking through the gardens. It does sound perfect! I also think your fitness and nutrition plan for next month sounds like a good one!

As far as stepping in as co-captain, that sounds wonderful! We would be lucky to have you helping to keep us all organized and motivated! Christine must still be in honeymoon mode, but either Christine or Brandi will let Ashley know your intentions. Actually, you could reach out to Ashley yourself in the Captain's Thread and let her know your intentions. She will get your email from you and give you access to the spreadsheet so you can help Christine enter our posted weigh-ins each week. As far as doing the MUAC, you just keep track of everyone's "yes" days (logged, under and a minimum 20 minutes of some sort of exercise) however is easiest for you and do a post of the results at the end of each week just like Brandi has been doing. The only "extra" chore involved with that is posting the information for it at the start of each month. Just copy and paste Brandi's information post, making any changes to keep it relevant for the current month.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I missed posting my weigh-in on Sunday, no change 166. Good news is that I started riding my indoor bike again this week.

@RoseyandReady, glad to hear you are still with us, and that you have started riding your bike again! A very positive step forward! Keep that up and March will be a good month for you!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    MUAC for 2/25:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: yes - 3.1 miles walk/run with the pup

@HASWLRS - Thank you for your encouragement. I like what you said about that mistakes are worth making if we learn from them! I hope more diligence on my part, as you have been doing, will pay off.

@mooreshelly09 - This is just a mild setback and probably water weight. Things are constantly in flux as we all know. You've probably already lost the weight, or will soon. You're doing great in your daily commitments- keep it up!

@erikNJ - Terrific loss! Congrats!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 143.3
    CW: 142.6

Nice loss and great work every day!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 You are not letting anyone down!! Stop that right now. I'm no expert but just for fun check the sodium and carb count for yesterday. If they're high it could be causing water retention. 🤷‍♀️

@mooreshelly09, I am going to second this sentiment! You are not letting anyone down, but I do know how frustrating it can be. In addition to looking at your sodium and carbs from yesterday, have you reentered your stats into MFP? I don't know how much smaller you are now compared to when you started, but maybe your new weight with your weekly loss goal requires fewer calories to succeed? I also know when weight loss stalls, people say to "change things up". So a completely different exercise, or if you normally exercise in the morning, try doing it in the evening. (Easier said than done, I know). I also know Christine, with her very successful weight loss journey to date, had some months where where she barely lost a couple of pounds. It happens. Hang in there!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 143.3
    CW: 142.6

@DaffyGirl88, well done, my friend!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Weigh In
    Start of 2021: 270.0
    Last week: 262.3
    This week: 261.2

@erikNJ, that is fantastic, Erik! Especially if you think about the fact that you started the year in the 70's and you are one weigh-in away (potentially) from the 50's!!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Getting caught up on the posts as I took an involuntary hiatus from active participation on the challenge. I am wanting to re-commit to the challenge for March and hopefully be a contributing member again. How do I go about that? (sorry, I should know this...either early morning brain fog or it's still frozen from the storm, not sure which).

@brandi_84, we will miss you and support your decisions. Thank you for all the time and effort you contributed to the Team, it is appreciated. But you do know, most of us will probably still be here later if you decide you miss us too much to stay away.

@annabananamc, I think you will be an awesome co-captain for this team. I love your posts and am envious everyday of your scenic walking paths. I believe this will work out well for all of us. :-)

@HASWLRS, you are awesome, always so positive and up-lifting. I love it! :-)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Maryc11
    Friday 2.26.21
    Feb start weight = 221.3
    Feb week 1 = 220.5
    Feb week 2 =218.9
    Feb week 3 = n/a
    Feb week 4 = 221.8

@maryc11, a big hug to you, Mary. The good news is that you are still here and that means that you are ready to take on March!! There are five weeks in the March Challenge, so plenty of time to make serious progress in undoing some of this damage from this not so good month!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Getting caught up on the posts as I took an involuntary hiatus from active participation on the challenge. I am wanting to re-commit to the challenge for March and hopefully be a contributing member again. How do I go about that? (sorry, I should know this...either early morning brain fog or it's still frozen from the storm, not sure which).

@maryc11, you are automatically rolled over into the March Challenge unless you specifically ask not to be, or you have missed a couple of weigh-ins in a row and have been dropped from the spreadsheet. So, you are still with us! As far as being a contributing member, just do your best at losing weight everyday, and post here to let us know how it's going. Some days will be good, and some days will be not so good. Encourage and congratulate other teammates if you are so inclined.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 - let's make a deal. If you go gentle with yourself I will try to do the same, because I easily could have written the same post. I have been stuck within a couple pounds for the past few years.

Being in the challenge, and really paying attention, is helping me learn more so I can do better. I can tell that on high carb days I get inflammation and hold onto more water.

I can tell that, for my body, it's way more than calorie deficit. I HAVE to start working on boosting metabolism by working with the nutrient mix, and building strength rather than focusing on cardio.

That's my plan for next month. This month isn't ending with much more than some additional observations and mental education, PLUS a whole lot of connection to people who are focused on being healthier and supporting each other. That's a win, even if the scale doesn't agree!

With that said, I'm going to give myself one day more to reduce inflammation and see where I am tomorrow morning for my final weigh in. Then a brand new month! I hope you'll come along!

2/25/2021
    Tracked:yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: no
    Water: 80
    Steps: 1781
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thursday, February 25th

logged: yes
    under: yes (barely)
    exercise: yes, 11 minutes of upper body dumbbells and 9 minutes of Tai Chi. (Both for another Challenge....Tai Chi is NOT exercise. At best it is an active form of meditation!!)
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @richmondwriter Thank you...trying to pull myself up by my boot straps :)

@HASWLRS Thank you, I may do that and add in some strength training

@annabananamc Deal! And it may be the carbs, my meal prep this week included turkey meatloaf that has stuffing mix in it and lunch included a keto roll...so it maybe to much for me. Just so disappointing to hit onederland last week and lose it it this week :s

Lord knows I did not gain this weight over night and I cant expect to lose it over night. Gonna pull up my big girl panties and keep on :D Thank yall for your kind words <3
  • Jerricajo07
    Jerricajo07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jerricajo07
    Week 4
    PW 220.2
    CW 220.0
This discussion has been closed.