TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215. or Krystal @Krysless2.

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    A big welcome to all new and returning members of The Big Butt Theory!!!

My name is Christine, and I am your captain for TBBT! I have been with our team since February of 2019, and have given a lot of credit to this group for motivating me along my weight loss journey! My co-captain is @brandi_84. Please, feel free to reach out to either of us if you need to! We run a couple challenges(optional!) within the group. One is the MUAC, which Brandi manages(she'll post details when she can) and a Step/Water challenge, that I will discuss in a post after this introduction! :) If you have a fitbit, and are interested in some fitbit challenges feel free to add me, here is the link to my profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K We have a small number of fitbit challenge participants, but the more the merrier! :)

I am 28 years old and live in Connecticut, USA. I am a dog mom to a one year old named Dillon and a 10 year old named Roy(Corduroy). One of my favorite things to do is walk with my fiance and the dogs. I enjoy hiking, exploring new places, and spending time with friends and family. For the most part, anything that gets me outside is something I enjoy!

I am engaged and getting married February18th, I have to push my focus forward for a few more weeks! I am finally working off some small gains from the past few months, and hope to tie the knot at my lowest weight!

My goals continuing in to February(I bombed some in January):
    • 1400 calories + exercise calories when needed, 5 days each week.
    • 16,000 steps, 5 days a week
    • Eating between 7am and 3pm, 5 days each week.
    • 64oz water daily
    • Bike 20 minutes 3x weekly.
    • Check in with group at least five days each week.

I also participate in the Game of Thrones Challenge, as well as the Hogwarts Weight Loss challenge. These groups offer extra challenges focused on weight loss, exercise, healthy eating, etc. and I find that the two groups, along with TBBT give me multiple areas to focus on for my success!

I have lost about 81lb since I began my weight loss journey in November of 2018. Below is my monthly weigh ins and my progress since beginning my weight loss, along with my monthly progress with the team.
    Starting Weight(11/26/2018): 246.0lb
    2019 (TBBT Progress)
    February SW: 235.5
    March SW: 224.2
    April SW: 221.2
    May SW: 219.1
    June SW: 216.2
    July SW: 211.8
    August SW: 206.4
    September SW: 204.5
    October SW: 201.9
    November SW: 200.0
    December SW: 197.3

2020 (TBBT Progress)
    January SW: 194.6
    February SW: 192.1
    March SW: 186.6
    April SW: 186.0
    May SW: 186.6
    June SW: 181.2
    July SW: 179.6
    August SW: 169.3
    September SW: 165.0
    October SW: 166.9
    November SW: 168.1
    December SW: 172.9

January SW: 168.3
    February SW: unknown (CW 164.1)

I am very excited to start another month and a new year with many familiar members, but am also excited to get to know some of our new members! Please share your name and a short introduction if you can! TBBT is one of the most supportive teams I have ever been a part of! :) Best of luck in February, team!!!

• cmhubbard92
    edited January 2021
    Options
    154lm0nmlgf5.png

These challenges will run weekly, from Sunday through Saturday. Our first week will run January 31-February 6th. These challenges run with the same timeline as our weekly weigh-ins and our MUAC challenge. I have added optional tracking for the MUAC, just place a 1 in each "yes" category or a 0 for any "no".

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink! If you measure by something other than ounces, please let me know what unit you use, I will adjust the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7ZCi0Jvp5HZKnuF9EKVBbFTqa7pF0gTbFv03FFPECs/edit?usp=drivesdk
    If you are on a phone, highlight the link to open in a browser, or the Sheets app if you have it! :)
    Once you have been added to the spreadsheet, feel free to add your daily numbers in(of course, only for your username!) I do my best to try to keep up, but admit that I may miss a few logs here and there!!! :)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 ALONG WITH YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL(not daily) AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE CHALLENGE! :)
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    maryc11
    I would love to continue this into February! Please increase my step goal in to 35000 per week.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @maryc11 would you like it increased for the last week of the January challenge as well? I can update it now, or change it when I make the February sheet.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yes, please do.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @maryc11 ok! No problem!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am IN for month two in February! This group challenge is just what I needed to get back on track and more life balance. @cmhubbard92 - for February I will again join the steps/water challenge. Let's go with 35000 steps per week for me as well, but only for Feb. For water lets do 560. I always drink my 80 a day!

For new folks, I am Ann, 59 year old curvy girl, and I live in Dunedin, FL. I am a work from home curriculum developer for Johns Hopkins University, and I love walks in nature, yoga, biking, being near water or hiking in mountains, and spending time with my hubby. And someday again, TRAVEL.

I have a son in 2nd year of college who is awesome and has been a great source of relief with his funny calls during lockdown.

My goal is to be consistent and persistent with healthy eating and exercise. My 'get an A' mentality does well with the challenge format, and I am back after a couple years away trying some other things that weren't successful. 2021 is shaping up to be a GREAT YEAR!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, January 31!

• mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 can you add me back to the step and water challenge. Somehow I missed joining it for January. Step goal 50,000. Thank you!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hi TBBT!
    I'm Brandi - Your Co-Captain! I'm a 36 y/o stay at home/homeschool mom to a teen. I have an obsession with cookbooks. I love spending time with my family and watching movies.

I'm excited to get to know new team members as well as continue this challenge with old members.

My goals for this month:

- Lead by example.
    I am the primary cook in my household. If I cook healthy, balanced meals of correct portion sizes that benefits everyone in the family. That keeps me from nagging everyone else to be healthy when I have clearly have not been holding myself accountable.
    Last Month, I put more effort into cooking healthy meals for every meal time and not just making a sandwich fit for Scooby and Shaggy, everyday for lunch.

Continue to have better control of meals on the weekends.
    Try to plan for the weekends. Stop seeing the weekends as a free for all cheat days.
    Last month, I put into my diary one "cheat meal" for the weekend and tried to plan around it. I didn't always stay under but I was able to see what I could cut out and not end up hangry.

Limited shopping February
    I currently have plenty of food stocked up in my freezer and pantry. Both of which need to be cleaned out. I will only be eating meals that I can make from what I already have. (Only buying what we absolutely need.)My hope is that I cannot be tempted by foods and snacks if I do not have access to those items.
    In January, my family decided to try a freezer/pantry challenge. We ended up buying some items but limited ourselves. We spent half of our usual grocery cost and didn't have a lot of extra snacks. We are going to continue this challenge for February.

Doing each of the above helped me, finally, start losing weight. I am keeping these as goals for another month to turn them into habits before making another set of goals.

• annabananamc
    Options
    Is it possible to change my weigh-in day for February? If so, what is the appropriate way to do that?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @annabananamc of course! Let me know what day you prefer, and I'll request the change for you!
  • annabananamc
    Options
    @annabananamc of course! Let me know what day you prefer, and I'll request the change for you!

Thanks so much! Let's go with MONDAY to help keep me focused on the weekends. I'll start with this coming Monday I guess, or do we use the final weigh-in from Jan?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @annabananamc your January end weight will be your starting weight, so you'll definitely want to submit a weight Monday! :)
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Username: robandy12345
    Weight in day Friday
    Jan start weight 232
    First week 230
    Second week 226
    Third week 222
    This week Jan 30 = 220

Steps 89,500
    Made step target of 15,000 4 out of 7 days
    Documented all 7 days under cal target 5 days
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Aquitteriamnot
    Sat
    Starting weight:321.6
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 I've added you to the February sheet! Sorry for the late reply!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @brandi_84 the freezer/pantry challenge sounds interesting! I've been buying more frozen fruits/veggies as they last longer, and I can buy bigger bags that are surprisingly cheaper than buying fresh. Some things I still buy fresh-mushrooms, spinach, kale, etc.

I also like your lead by example, too. I have been writing our shopping lists and make sure to get all things on the list, although my fiance likes to deviate from the list. I do make a majority of the meals, though, so he has those extras when I'm not cooking or when he wants snacks. It is so much easier to stick to your plan when you take control and lead the house!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    59j0bj56ymm5.png
    I have been learning how to use Canva, and decided to try making a "poster" for our step/water challenge!

Our challenge spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7ZCi0Jvp5HZKnuF9EKVBbFTqa7pF0gTbFv03FFPECs/edit?usp=drivesdk
    Highlight only the link to open in sheets or internet on your phone! :)
  • annabananamc
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I am sorry to be a flake, but since the week starts with Sunday and ends on Saturday, Monday seems kinda pointless for weigh-in. Let's keep mine at FRIDAY and that way nothing needs to change :)
This discussion has been closed.