TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @annabananamc no worries I'll tell them :)
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hello new and old friends.
    I had a good January, losses every week and almost 8 lbs lost. I know that will be hard to do in back to back months. I am trying to avoid number goals cause they can be defeating when they aren't hit. I am sticking to my main goal of staying consistent.

This team was incredible in January and I am looking forward to our success in February as well!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ I think it will be interesting to see how dry30 goes for you. For me, most of my drinking more than one glass of wine or a beer is in my past (I seriously can't hang) but I do know that when I had a parasite skin disease and had to be on an anti-inflammatory diet, alcohol was off the list. For me, carbs and sugar can cause my body to have an inflammatory response that can make me gave a pound or more in day! Right now, I balance the de-stress benefit of my glass of wine vs the anti-inflammatory benefit and wine has won. But I've thought of trying dry 30 myself.

@cmhubbard92 - thanks for being so flexible!

TOday we have a GLORIOUS day, sunny and 70 so outdoor yard work is on the agenda.
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I am going to stick around for the February challenge. Looks like my info is already there 😁
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ, I like your plan for 30 dry days between Valentine's Day and St. Paddy's Day. We see ads on TV for Dry Feb, (a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society). I kid my husband that he should try (he also has a beer or two on Saturdays and Sundays), but Super Bowl falls in February. Your window is perfect....nothing goes on between Feb. 14th and March 17th! Good luck to you!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,576 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

@HASWLRS Welcome back! We've missed you!

@erikNJ Good luck on your 30 dry days. I think we'll all be watching to see if it's something we should try. At the very least it's good to change things up once in a while.

@annabananamc You're right, the weather has been glorious! I've been visiting a friend in Crystal River the last few days. I'm flying out of Tampa in a couple of hours, I'll wave at you. 😊 Sadly Ill be flying in to that storm that's hitting the Northeast. 😕

Back to work tomorrow, both here and at work. Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! So happy to be rejoining. Did really well here a year or so ago and got a lot from the group. I'm back having out some weight on since November. Had an injury, had to stop running and started comfort eating again. Keen to get back on track!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,576 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! So happy to be rejoining. Did really well here a year or so ago and got a lot from the group. I'm back having out some weight on since November. Had an injury, had to stop running and started comfort eating again. Keen to get back on track!

@lozenger1984 Welcome back!! 😊
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    We are taking our kids skiing for the first time today. I haven't been in about 14 years and I wasn't very confident then. We plan to stick to the bunny hills today to test this out. Pray for me 😂 🎿⛷🙏
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for a brand new month and new attitude! It's really cool to see some familiar faces returning, as I have, to this awesome and supportive team. And new folks to get to know, as well!

Let's do this!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

@lozenger1984, well, hello! I remember you. Welcome back! I can relate to a November injury and comfort eating, although I hadn't gotten to the point where I was going to start* adding in running, but I was close. *The injury (a torn meniscus) happened after about 15 seconds of a light jog, but I was only trying to catch up to my husband, who I thought was around the corner on the golf course. (He was not).
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I'm ready for a brand new month and new attitude! It's really cool to see some familiar faces returning, as I have, to this awesome and supportive team. And new folks to get to know, as well!

Let's do this!!!!

Well, hello to you, too, @annabananamc! It feels like coming home....so excited to get back into it! Yes, let's do this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    JMTiv1979 wrote: »
    We are taking our kids skiing for the first time today. I haven't been in about 14 years and I wasn't very confident then. We plan to stick to the bunny hills today to test this out. Pray for me 😂 🎿⛷🙏

@JMTiv1979, you'll be fine on the bunny hills! Just hang out there all day with your kids; no one will suspect you have lost your confidence, they'll just think you are a great mom! And as your kids get more confident, you will, too, I suspect!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hello new and returning teammates! I'm Destiny. I'm 33, a SAHM to 4 kids, living in West Texas. I've been part of the team for quite a while now. I finished January with just about a 2.5lb loss because I gained a bit back in the last week. Now I have a beach vacation to motivate me to stay on track and be more consistent. Hopefully no more yo-yoing.

Here's my goals for the year, I didn't do great in January.
    *1500 calorie goal 6 days a week
    *1 "cheat" day a week but still log everything and aim for 2000 calories or less
    *Exercise 6x a week
    *64oz of water per day
    *Only eat between 10am and 8pm

@erikNJ That's a great idea and timeframe for a dry 30. I might do the same.

@HASWLRS So glad to have you back!! 🥰
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    kyungs wrote: »
    kyungs
    sunday, january 31
    pw 171.8
    cw 170.2
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    kyungs wrote: »
    kyungs
    sunday, january 31
    pw 171.8
    cw 170.2

@AB0215 I got it already, thank you!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @HASWLRS
    And by the way, I definitely made sure my dry month was after the nfl playoffs haha
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1/29/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 15,786
    Water: 81.6

1/30/21
    Tracked: yes