TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215. or Krystal @Krysless2.
Β«13456717

Replies

• emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Slimsons!

I'm Emma, 38, originally from London, UK but now living on the Emerald Isle in wonderful Dublin. I originally joined this challenge in October 2017 to help me lose weight for my wedding in September 2018. I went from 235lbs to 179lbs and SO MUCH of that was due to this challenge and the amazing community, I cannot overstate the support and motivation it gave me. I was in Gutbusters before, but am more than happy to be on The Slimsons, especially as I remember @gjaholy33 and what an amazing support she was to all participants, no matter their teams :).

Lockdown hit me hard, as it has for many of us. I emigrated in January 2020, excited to discover a new (yet familiar) city, which of course then didn't happen, and started a new job which held so much potential but ended up being 8 months of hell due to awful colleague behaviour. I'm still in the same job but things have got so much better I'm happy to say.

So I got back on the scales in early January this year and saw 254.1lbs - my highest weight ever. I'm already 10lbs down and feeling like am mentally and physically back in the game this time around. So excited to go on this journey with you all!

Feburary goals
    • Finish the month at 240lbs or lower
    • Exercise 3+ times per week, a mix of cardio and strength (I get bored easily with strength but I know and see how it reaps rewards)
    • Track water
    • Try to up protein & fibre and lower sodium
    • One monthly treat dinner (going for Valentines Day, because why not?)

Let's go!
  • MUSCLES4HUSTLES
    MUSCLES4HUSTLES Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to Team Slimsons!

I really need support right now and saw the link to this group in the community forums. I am so excited to get February off to some weight loss.

My name is Alex. Last year I was in great shape. I had the lowest body fat of my adult life and my BMI was at 22. I had worked so hard to get 10 lbs. off and build muscle and then Covid hit us.

Our gyms all closed down, which was the only way I was working out at the time. I had other stress factors also, with family and work. I have been working from home since last March, which is proving very bad for me (with food always nearby and my routine gone). I quickly bought some workout equipment and put together a home gym, so I have been very dedicated to daily work outs, but still, over this last year, I have gained 35 lbs. :'(

I feel old, tired, and unhappy. I'm a clothes horse. I love fashion, but my clothing are very tight (most do not fit me). :( I need to get this extra weight off me asap and get my eating back under control.

FEBRUARY GOALS:

1. Lose at 1-2 lbs. a week (I'd like to get 10 lbs. off though this month if possible)
    2. Log all my food
    3. Eat at or under my calories w/Intermittent fasting 16:8
    4. Exercise daily
    5. Daily stretch and meditation
    6. Take a rest/recovery day each week
    7. Drink a gallon of water a day
    8. 30g or more of fiber a day

• Jobbe77
    Jobbe77 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello team Slimsons!

I'm Joanne, 40 year old female who has let herself go. I just completed Harley Pasternaks 15 day diet reset, and feel ready for this February challenge!

My Feb goals
    - track all food daily
    - Plan meals/ food a day in advance
    - 12,000 steps daily
    - 400 minutes of cardio per week
    - 5 strength training sessions per week
    - 1.5 pound weight loss each week

Good luck everyone! Let's do this!

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hello, team.

I'm Cindy, 52 year old female. I've been up and down with weight since I was 6 years old. Hope to get and stay down this time!
  • AB0215
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Daily Posts.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts ChallengeΒ is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215 (username)
    Week 1 (which week it is)
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to January Challenge!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to January 2021!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be one of your Captains for this month.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 34, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 2-3 years or so, I decided to change that, I have been working towards that goal for the past year. I was down over 110 lbs and chose to make some changes in my life that caused led me down a path of relapse and I'm up way more than I meant to be so I'm back on the losing path, I did once, I can do it again.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them and in that spirit, my goal this month is to lose at least 5 pounds.

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!
    Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Welcome to January and let's make things happen this month together!!

Ashley (@AB0215)
  • emmclean
    Options
    Love the daily post challenge @AB0215!

Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - under by about 200, not including exercise calories. I try to stay at least 100 under my 1820 target to help with the coming months - I remember how it got harder and harder to stay on track as my allowance shrunk!
    Exercise: Yes - 35 minute MFP strength plan session and 30 minute walk into town and back
    Goals/Day/Comments: Good productive day, despite how miserable the weather is here at the moment. I'm behind on the MFP 4 week strength plan - I skipped two sessions last week because I was prepping for an interview every evening! Caught up on one today, will try and be back on track by this time next week.

I'm confused as to how there are two weigh ins on our tab of the February spreadsheet when I don't see any posts here?
  • AB0215
    Options
    osier5 wrote: Β»
    osier5
    Sunday
    PW: 203
    CW: 203.7

A gain again! My weight loss cycle is so different. I used to consistently lose from week to week. Now I have a big loss, then gain the next week, then maintain for a week or two. Super frustrating. I'm trying to rethink the scale as the end-all-be-all judge of how I'm doing. But it's tough when I gain for no reason (that I can see).
    WMEJA wrote: Β»
    WMEJA
    Weigh in Sunday

Pw:217
    Cw: 214

• AB0215
    Options
    emmclean wrote: Β»

I'm confused as to how there are two weigh ins on our tab of the February spreadsheet when I don't see any posts here?
    @emmclean To answer your question, that is because they weighed in on the January thread by mistake.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    CW: 183.0

Calories: Over
    Exercise: None

Hi, everyone. My name is Leah. I’m 26, in graduate school, and have struggled with my weight for years. It’s reached the point again where I get winded going up stairs or lifting boxes and the like. I need to watch what I eat in addition to exercise, or I’ll never get this weight off.
  • emmclean
    Options
    Thanks @AB0215 :)
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: yes
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Track: No
    Calories: Nope, not a chance.
    Exercise: 1 hour weightlifting.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking for 30 mins.
  • MUSCLES4HUSTLES
    MUSCLES4HUSTLES Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    DAILY POST: Sunday

Calories: No, over
    Exercise: No, rest day
    Water: Yes
  • Jenfromtheblock84
    Jenfromtheblock84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    *Introduction post*
    Hi everyone. I am so excited to be a part of this team. First it has the coolest team and secondly we are going to kick butt this month.
    HT- 5'5
    WT- 273.4

Goal for this month- (-10lbs)
    Gym-3 to 5 days a week
    Calories- 1300/day
    Track meals daily.

This is my first full month starting again. I had lost 85lbs in 2017, but after an injury, the loss of my father, spiraling depression, and a year of lock down I have gained almost all of it back. I know what I have to do, so I just need to get it done. Thanks for letting me take part.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hi team. My name is vicky. I’ve been apart of this team for two(?) years now. I been struggling immensely this last year and a half. I finally owned up to the fact this dec that my fathers death in July of 2019 hit me harder than I thought. But I determined to work through that and thus get myself back on track. I’m in my 40s and an just tired of being tired. Lol. One of my biggest issues is consistency. So my goal for this month is to set a consistent routine of exercising 4-5 x week. I like to run. So eventually I’d like to get back to running 4-6 miles 4-6x week.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for sun 1/31
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • Jenfromtheblock84
    Jenfromtheblock84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Tracked- Yes