Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I greatly reduced my goal to be happy with .5 loss a week and I'm not even making that..in fact, going the wrong direction. Weigh in is tomorrow but today I'm up .8 from last week. I've had a tough month (for me) with 2 weeks cold, and then banging up my knee, so I hope when I can exercise again (walk) I will burn more calories. I've not done well at being consistent to do chair exercise so I'm stating out loud, on this post, that I will do at least 15 minutes a day for the next week. I think by then I will be able to go for walks again. Do any of you have experience with having hormones greatly out of balance? The pills I got for low progesterone have really helped to reduce stress and I sleep very good. I haven't had a complete "work-up", yet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I will catch up on weights and posts later today.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    A few days ago, people were talking about rowing machines and my husband and I are on different pages. He wants a basic middle of the road one and I want a connected one. I like the norditrac one because it has live and recorded workouts and the instructor controls the resistance. I think this will really motivated me as I get bored just looking at distance and time. I think that it’s worth the extra money if it will motivate me. He is dead set against it and we are at a stalemate.

If you have one or have recently ordered one, what are your thoughts?

We've had the Concept2 RowErg since just after Christmas. It isn't "connected" per se; but, we have it in the basement so we can watch movies. Also, apparently, you can connect/sync to an online logbook. We haven't done that yet. I set my Garmin to rowing, and go from there. Mostly, I will listen to podcasts on my phone as there is a holder, or listen to music. Anyway there are many, many features that I love about it. It is light. It (when stood up) takes up less space than a person, only taller. You can easily separate it into 2 pieces for storage, if space is an issue. It is very well made, imho. Support isn't an issue with Concept. Just naming a few. There are many Youtube videos for the beginner. Go to concept2.com and take a "look see."

We also have a Peleton, which is connected. I couldn't imagine the bike not being connected... So, I get your point. We just got a SkiErg, also Concept2, which is crazy fun, so far. Not connected. An excellent workout for the lats, triceps, biceps, pecs, abs, etc., if done properly. I'm still working on form. We x-country ski, so it made sense.

Good luck on your decision. There are a lot of good rowers, etc. out there. :)

• Bluetail6
    Options
    @jimboden3 and @azkunk

Jim, very cool you are getting the Dynamic. We have the standard. Also, your point about the ongoing cost of being connected, is a good one. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ... I hope you are all doing well ... As for me I go see my surgeon this afternoon I am hoping he sets a date for surgery so I can get this hernia taken care of (it doesn't hurt to much only when I bend over to tie my shoes ) After that is done ...I need to call my new urologist and get this kidney stones broken up again ....I go to labs for diabetes (even though I am considered pre-diabetic ) on the 2nd of next month and then I see my GP on the 10th ... Not able to walk today so I will be doing Richard Simmons Broadway Blastoff :)
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @red1185

I'm so glad you joined. I haven't posted a lot in the last couple of weeks. I think you will find us a great and motivating group. My schedule should ease up a bit for the next couple of weeks, so I'll be able to post more here. I do post daily on our wall. :) Lee
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post February 24
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9135
    Exercise 30mins Inc Dance Fit

The next two videos in line for me to try we're 9mins and 20mins so I did them both for 30kins of exercise. I actually ended up doing the 9min one in the morning cuz I was short on time and then the 20min one in the evening, so it worked out well.

Today I'm watching my nieces all day so I'm popping in here quick while the kids are occupied haha. They are watching the wiggles and coloring. I'm actually getting to drink my coffee today lol. Have a great day everyone.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/24: 17,970
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 233.4
    PW: 235.2
    YTD: -13.2
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options

Hi Angie ...I am not seeing any steps from you on 2/23 ...Sorry if I missed it
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @bluetail6 Great job on the loss!
  • 888Angie888
    Options

Hi Angie ...I am not seeing any steps from you on 2/23 ...Sorry if I missed it

Steps 2/23: 15,052
    ...I think I missed posting these before...
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Your water intake is amazing! Enjoy your quest for good dance videos.

@missGYST
    I can understand how frustrating it is when those scales are not moving like they should. I find certain medications slow down or cause me to gain weight by increasing my hunger. Maybe you could switch up your exercise routine. If you are not using a food scale I really recommend it. It is so easy to be off when we don’t weigh our foods.

@lcfa5317
    I hope your headache is better. Great job on the steps and biking!

@Beautyofdreams
    That is amazing the change in less than a year. I hope you can start the medication.

@heatherbluebell
    You need to stop stressing about weighing in. Whether it’s up, down or stay the same we have your back. You probably know I have binge eating disorder. One of the things I had to learn was to have compassion for myself. It is easy to have compassion for someone else but not ourselves. It wasn’t saying it was ok to binge but if I messed up I had to forgive myself. I think beating ourselves up if we slip, miss our exercise or not meet one of our goals is counterproductive and yes I will do this sometimes still. I think along with forgiveness we have to look at the why. By doing this we can start to make changes to that why. With me stress was one of my why’s. By finding ways to get rid of the stress it has put me back on the right path. I don’t know if this answers your question but this is my way of being gentle.

@azkunk
    You will find a big difference when you get the cortisone. Are you getting your knees and hips done?

@lelbarou
    It’s nice you took time for a walk when you are so busy. Great job meeting your goals!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @363days
    I also have a deficit set for .5 a pound. There is not much wiggle room with such a small deficit. I have to be super careful with weighing my foods. I also have to watch those BLT’s. Bites, licks and taste. I know getting some exercise calories can give a little cushion. You do have to give yourself a break with all this month has brought you. If you are up tomorrow put it behind you as you have a clean slate the next week. As for hormones, I have gone through menopause but I did not have any hormone replacement. They did give me something for hot flashes but it was not a hormone replacement. So glad that part of my life is done.

@Bluetail6
    Congrats on you loss and keeping those cravings in check.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope all goes well with the surgeon.

@mari_moulin
    Your gym looks great. I know you will crush that challenge.

@888Angie888
    Amazing loss! Over 13 pounds in 2 months really shows your dedication.

@DawnCumm
    Welcome back. I am so jealous of you getting to go to warm weather. You won’t be long losing the 5 pounds and I am sure it was worth the gain.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,406
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I am still having trouble eating. Funny thing is my weight was up a bit this morning. Because I am not eating enough I am getting some really low blood sugars. I have to get some glucose tablets on the weekend as it is easier to treat it with these.

I ended up going back to bed for awhile as I didn’t sleep well. I haven’t done any walks yet today but I will do a short one in a bit. I have to plan our meals for next week and get my grocery list done today. I broke my housework down into daily, weekly and monthly tasks. I am behind this week so I have lots of catching up to do today and tomorrow.

Have a great rest of your day!

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I am getting my hip done. I had labs drawn last week too and my calcium level was high which really surprised me. High calcium, bone pain, insomnia, fatigue and depression are all signs of hyperparathyroid disease. I have had all of those including just feeling “blah”. I was thinking it’s all related to menopause but maybe not. I will talk to her at my appointment next week.
This discussion has been closed.