Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams i do subscribe to beachbody on demand. I never been doing their programs for years now prior I never thought I would be one to like working out from home but I Love it. I have 4 other friends that also do it too and we check in via text daily with what we do. So many different programs and trainers to try that I never get bored. I typically work out 5-6 per week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,836
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I am down 1.8 pounds since last weigh in. I am happy but I couldn’t close my diary again last and I just didn’t feel like adding fake calories. Ever since eating takeout Friday my stomach has been off. I am going to try and eat everything I pre logged today which will put me at 1147 calories for the day. Maybe I need to eat takeout every Friday. 🤔

I walked again yesterday but it wasn’t as long as Monday’s. I kept going for as long as I could so I did my best. I am thinking of raising my step pledge to 4500 during the March challenge. It will make sure I push myself for those 500 steps.

I want to thank everyone who has encouraged me with my mini walks. It really means a lot to me.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post February 23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9178
    Exercise 34min Inc Dance Fit Video

So on my quest to try all the videos, I'm discovering that I don't really like most of the old ones. I haven't saved any yet but I'm still working my way up the list. Pretty soon I know I'll get to the ones I've tried and liked.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    A few days ago, people were talking about rowing machines and my husband and I are on different pages. He wants a basic middle of the road one and I want a connected one. I like the norditrac one because it has live and recorded workouts and the instructor controls the resistance. I think this will really motivated me as I get bored just looking at distance and time. I think that it’s worth the extra money if it will motivate me. He is dead set against it and we are at a stalemate.

If you have one or have recently ordered one, what are your thoughts?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    vaa96gojcw1o.png

Hi all! We looking for a couple of motivators to help keep up team activity and motivation.

We are looking for active, motivated, consistent individuals to help your team.

What do you need to do? Well here it is...

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:

* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

Let us know if you are interested in helping out your team. ❤️

04lg8k2h2smc.jpeg
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, everyone! I hope everyone is having as beautiful a day as we are here in New York. By that I mean it's up to 48 degrees out so I got to take a great walk outside for a change. I know my Florida friends think I'm insane for throwing on a hoodie and heading out when there's still snow on the ground but it was great. :D

CW: 207.2
    PW: 207.4
    SW: 231.8

I'm starting to get frustrated at how this is going. Losing only .2 for two weeks in a row is totally confusing. The only change that I've made is that I bought a big water bottle (47 oz) that I've been drinking about 3 of them per day and I've been exercising more than I usually did. I'm thinking maybe I need to switch up my diet but I'm not sure to what. I eat fairly low carb, but not keto so maybe I'll give that another shot. It has worked for me in the past but I haven't found it sustainable.
  • azkunk
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, everyone! I hope everyone is having as beautiful a day as we are here in New York. By that I mean it's up to 48 degrees out so I got to take a great walk outside for a change. I know my Florida friends think I'm insane for throwing on a hoodie and heading out when there's still snow on the ground but it was great. :D

CW: 207.2
    PW: 207.4
    SW: 231.8

I'm starting to get frustrated at how this is going. Losing only .2 for two weeks in a row is totally confusing. The only change that I've made is that I bought a big water bottle (47 oz) that I've been drinking about 3 of them per day and I've been exercising more than I usually did. I'm thinking maybe I need to switch up my diet but I'm not sure to what. I eat fairly low carb, but not keto so maybe I'll give that another shot. It has worked for me in the past but I haven't found it sustainable.

How is your stress level? Are you getting enough sleep? Have any injuries or inflammation? Is it that TOM? Have you eaten more sodium than usual? All of those things will impact weight loss.
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Tracking has been going really well. Food, for the most part has been going well too. Had a couple slices of cheesecake last weekend which probably didn’t help, although I was still within my calories.
    Weight is 137.1lbs, so not losing anything (scale seems to like this number), but holding steady.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    How is your stress level? Are you getting enough sleep? Have any injuries or inflammation? Is it that TOM? Have you eaten more sodium than usual? All of those things will impact weight loss.
    My stress level is relatively low since I'm still working from home, so I don't really get stressed about too much work or dealing with my coworkers, haha! I've been sleeping pretty well, but I do take a prescription and melatonin to sleep. It's a no on everything else, so I'm kind of stumped.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    A few days ago, people were talking about rowing machines and my husband and I are on different pages. He wants a basic middle of the road one and I want a connected one. I like the norditrac one because it has live and recorded workouts and the instructor controls the resistance. I think this will really motivated me as I get bored just looking at distance and time. I think that it’s worth the extra money if it will motivate me. He is dead set against it and we are at a stalemate.

If you have one or have recently ordered one, what are your thoughts?

@azkunk - I can only think of two reasons why you wouldn't want a built-in monitor for live streaming videos, classes, etc. (1) cost - and I can relate as the monthly fees will add up but if this means you'll use it more often, then you need to take that into consideration, and (2) your husband has his heart set on a specific brand or model that doesn't come equipped this way. Both are legitimate considerations and largely come down to what the priorities are for your shared rower.

In my case, I've ordered the Concept2 Dynamic and it has the little monitor with tracking the basics but there are free Software programs you can download to your phones, tablets or in my case, we're planning to use a smart tv - I'm probably going to get a 50" so you get the benefits of 'modern' exercise equipment without signing up for a costly membership. The Concept2 site provides a list of software they recommend or are integrated with (link) but I'm sure there are other options out there. Now I should warn you that I'm not expecting delivery until late March so I don't actually have anything setup yet but I do have a friend that has a different Concept2 model and he has it connected to a flat screen TV with some rowing software to simulate rowing down different rivers, racing others that are on-line, etc. so I'm pretty confident this will work.

Negotiating with a spouse when you both have strongly held, different opinions is always a tough one so best of luck. Listing your priorities and each giving up on something to meet in the middle may be our best bet.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @jimboden3 - thanks for the information. I was looking at the concept2 as well. It might be a good compromise but still a little more than he wants to spend. I feel that you get what you pay for and this piece of equipment can las for years if you make a the right investment.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    02/25
    5,133 steps
    45 minutes on bike
    I have had a horrible headache all day.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    February is coming to an end and spring will soon be here for all of us.
    I have to try some of the exercise programs you all have been talking about. They sound interesting.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 2/21 walked 3.43 miles. 2/22 lifted weights for 50 minutes and 10 minutes core exercises. 2/24 no exercise.

Today went shopping with my mom for summer clothes. Last March, I was wearing 2x tops with 18w pants and this year am wearing M tops and 8 capris. It just seems surreal.
    Scheduled two intravenous iron treatments then will have labs run to see if I can start epogen. So hopeful that this therapy will improve my quality of life!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/21 Steps 13,935
    2/22 Steps 15,733
    2/23 Steps 11,920
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby I'm so glad you are staying with the group and I hope your daily stress lessens. I enjoy your posts.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Feb. 24
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - short walk
    Steps - 6322

Hi. Just a quick check in. Another busy day today. I think I should be having a calm day tomorrow unless I get called to do more work.
    Take it easy everyone and have a super day!
This discussion has been closed.