Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb
    You are killing it this year! You are really thinking about what you eat and how things add up. How many days are you getting the preplanned meals now?

Thank you, it is great to be moving in the right direction. I can't believe I've nearly lost a stone this year already. I moved down to 5 days a week for this month and just renewed for next month 5 days a week again. I'm enjoying being able to have different things at the weekend that's healthy but still not going over cals. Still not had any takeaways (takeout) since before Christmas, 2 more months to go!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Wow Downsizers! We are the top team for the week.

Congrats to our top three for the week:
    @draby2011
    @888Angie888
    @dutchrower

Three of our team members hit the leader board for the entire F2F group. Congrats!
    @draby2011
    @heatherbluebell
    @TheresaM787
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Sunday, 2/21

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):❌ (72 oz)
    Steps (9K):❌ (8218)
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):❌❌❌
    Exercise 3x /wk: ❔❔❔

Not a great day but not far off. My calories were low overall. I let myself slip a little on the weekend and I really need to tighten that up. Scale was a little up today.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    @heatherbluebell
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Thank you so very much for the warm welcome! You made my day 🤗
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    @heatherbluebell
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Thank you so very much for the warm welcome! You made my day 🤗

You are so welcome :)
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mon. , Feb. 22
    CW- 190.0
    Steps - 5,213
    Plus indoor bike - 60 minutes
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    2/22
    50 minutes strength training at moderate intensity. Finally getting back to the weight that I was lifting before Christmas/New Year shut down. Yippee!
    @draby2011 so thrilled for you going into powerlifting. I would love to do that! Will follow your progress with enthusiasm.

Congratulations @lelbarou on reaching twoterville! Awesome accomplishment. Will look forward to hearing what your next goal is.

Congratulations to @draby2011, @888Angie888, @dutchrower, @heatherbluebell and @TheresaM787 on your weight loss accomplishments. Way to build those healthy habits.

Welcome to the team @TheresaM787 and @garn76!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Wow Downsizers! We are the top team for the week.

Congrats to our top three for the week:
    @draby2011
    @888Angie888
    @dutchrower

Three of our team members hit the leader board for the entire F2F group. Congrats!
    @draby2011
    @heatherbluebell
    @TheresaM787

Wow, you guys rocked it. Congrats to all of you!
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the congratulatory messages from this past week! It feels good for sure, though I admit, I had the thought going through my mind was that I am undeserving, which I know is silly! I think I'm feeling a little tired and unhappy with my food choices today (I'm totally over in my calories), and it's colouring my view of my success from last week.

BUT, despite some poor choices today, I do have a couple things to be happy about. In the middle of my pity party today, I did the following really great positive steps in the right direction:
    • I logged ALL my food today. It was good awareness, and I think it helped me stop thinking about the chocolate in my kitchen. I had already started convincing myself that I probably wasn't too far off with my calories, and some more chocolate wouldn't be a terrible thing. After logging, I made the decision that I didn't want any more junk food and I'd distract myself away from thinking about it.
    • I got my computer out to do my daily check-in with this wonderful group. Yah for good habits!

Another positive thing for today is I bought a new water jug that has measurements AND motivational/time markings to encourage me drinking 54 oz of water/day (which is over my current goal of 48 oz). I washed it up today, and it made it so easy to drink my water today!
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    My steps for 02/21 = 11,152 :smile:
  • dutchrower
    dutchrower Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mon. , Feb. 22
    CW- 202
    Steps - 5,600 (wed), 2,350 (Thurs), 500 (Friday) 5,001 (Sat), 8,350 (Sun), 10,300 (Mon)
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    garn76 wrote: »
    Big step for me today. This team is so inspiring. First time in a long time I tracked all my food and completed my diary. I know it sounds stupid, but just getting that momentum started feels good.

Lasting progress starts with small steps. As you you start to feel or see the benefits, you can always add more goals as you build good habits - and for most people, that takes time. Best of luck on your journey!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Welcome back! It was nice you got a break from this crazy world. I wish I had bought the renpho scale. I hope you like it. What exercise program are you starting now?

@mszoueb
    Wow, that is great with the takeout. Awesome determination!

@azkunk
    Weekends are the hardest part of losing weight for me. You are very determined so I am sure you will do great this weekend. You were so close with your goals for the day.

@lcfa5317
    Awesome loss!

@Beautyofdreams
    Great workout 🏋️‍♀️

@heatherbluebell
    I love the way to turned everything around into a positive. Mindset is such a big part of losing weight. Keep focusing on those positives.

@dutchrower
    Way to go increasing those steps during the week.

@garn76
    Well done! Tracking our food is a key to successful weight loss journey. I agree with Jim that starting with a specific goal can lead us down the right path. If we set too many goals at the beginning we can overwhelm ourselves.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:299.4
    CW: 298.8

SW-375
    LTD-76.2lb

Not sure why it didnt move more but a loss is a loss!

Finally have a date for my surgery- March 18th and my Maths final is March 14th, so at least that is keeping me busy!

I have messaged Linda already, so hopefully she reads it privately before she sees this.

I have decided to step down officially as motivator. Honestly, the last 7 weeks have been pretty rough especially, and I find it really hard to post on here. Part of me wanted to leave the group all together, but I realise how important accountability is for me. I am not going to let bad experiences, stress, health, whatever, affect my abstinence and recovery! You guys have been supportive and I appreciate that :)

And I want to thank you all for being supportive while I was in that role :) It was an honour to be a motivator, and whoever is asked next, I know will do a stellar job! I just can't give the time or energy that you guys deserve!

And of course I'm mega grateful for you all! I have lost about 50lb since joining this challenge in November and I plan to stay here!!

<3

First of all, nice loss! Sometimes it is mind boggling as to why the number is not bigger or even in some cases why we had a big loss. But a loss is movement in the right direction. I am so glad you have a surgery date. Hopefully, you can get back to your dancing that you enjoy so much.

I can understand your decision to step down as motivator. You have a lot going on and I don’t want to see anything stand in the way of your success. I am so glad you are staying with the group. It has been exciting to watch your weight loss journey so far and I can’t wait to celebrate the rest of your weight loss successes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just need a couple of people's steps so I can post the results

@mari_moulin 2/20
    @Z1ortza 2/16-2/20

Thanks Ladies :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,315
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I did the longest mini walk that I have done yet. I pushed through the pain for as long as I could. It’s not like I have an injury so I don’t see it being a problem. I am going to try and do the same thing today. I am actually starting to get a Fitbit calorie adjustment and I am getting zone minutes which I haven’t got in along time.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,315
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I did the longest mini walk that I have done yet. I pushed through the pain for as long as I could. It’s not like I have an injury so I don’t see it being a problem. I am going to try and do the same thing today. I am actually starting to get a Fitbit calorie adjustment and I am getting zone minutes which I haven’t got in along time.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Great steps Linda and awesome green checks ...You are doing great :)
This discussion has been closed.