Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS DOWNSIZERS!! B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

jzti85407y2c.png
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Way to go Downsizers team!

3p19vohb6suw.png
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    WOW! We are kicking it in the GREEN Challenge! WHOOP!
    Congratulations team! 💥💥💥💥🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Daily check in for Feb. 20
    Logging - yes.
    Exercise - yes.
    Steps- 8323

Did a medium walk, but had some pain after. Still a work in progress...
    Will look at the posts and respond.. been a few days.

• lelbarou
    Options
    @888Angie888 - Sounds like what you are doing is really working. Congrats on the 12lbs! That really is a great loss in such a short time!

@363days - Thanks for liking my new pic. I color sometimes out of books I buy online and this is a picture I colored! BTW Congrats on your recent loss! Awesome!

@draby2011 - That sounds so exciting that you are getting a power lifting coach. Pardon my lack of knowledge, but I don't know much about that. Maybe you can explain it a litte? I'm assuming higher weights, but shorter times for lifts? It sounds very interesting! Great goal!
    Does it have specific health benefits which are different then other types of lifting? I'm curious.

@azkunk - I get you on hating exercise. In my case, if I don't do daily core and biweekly lower body workouts, I am realizing my body falls apart and I am in the "injured zone". In my particular case, it is not a choice unless I want to fall into an injured state and be in pain. I'm very sorry to hear about the bursitis in your left hip and the arthritis in both of your knees. I have arthritis in both my knees and it's moving into my hips too...I hope the pain shot will be very helpful for your hip.
    BTW Congrats on your recent NSV - Size 10 jeans! Incredible and awesome! YAY!

@Tazaria87 - That is so awesome that your parents are on MFP and losing weight with you! What a wonderful gift you are giving them and yourself! More years of health and time with you and your children.

@lcfa5317 @azkunk @363days - Super congrats on getting your covid shots! Never feel guilty for getting and needing the shots first. Due to being in healthcare and being vulnerable, we need to put you in the safety zone first. It also means the process is happening and that is great news for everyone!

@iradi8 - Congrats for not overeating even when you were so emotionally upset regarding your son's situation. I can't believe his water is off again! BUT, he will be joining you on vacation so he will be safe from that while he is with you and hopefully it will be on again when he gets back. I hope you have a lovely trip. I am afraid of planes too. I shake like a leaf during turbulence. It reminds me of how my parent's dog would shake in thunderstorms. I once went downstairs and found my dad sitting in the back of a closet holding the dog who was shaking so badly! He was a good daddy!

@rlaskey2 - Thank you for your note about my desk/monitor change. It worked for you so I hope it will help me too! I won't be going to a chiro, but I will probably do more physio.

@Bluetail6 -Congrats on your most recent loss- 158 - most definitely in a NEW DECADE!

@lindamtuck2018 - Congrats on your mini-walks. All those mini walks add up and make a difference to your health,wellbeing and weight. Way to go!

@heatherbluebell - Yoga for plus sizes sounds great! A friend of mine is doing an online class because of covid and she likes it very much. Funny about how our fur friends help our health! Glad kitty cat is helping your cortisol. Animals are so awesome! And I get you about being larger and feeling uncomfortable working out in gyms etc. I find it very intimadating.... I wish I didn't but it's hard not to...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Downsizers ....You all are doing amazing :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @garn76 & @TheresaM787 - welcome :)

@lelbarou - good job on your walk and listening to your body. I am starting to learn the hard way that I need to exercise as this old body starts to fall apart

@363 - thank you. I am really not looking forward to the shot but I know that it is what is best

@lindamtuck2018 - great job on the steps

@draby2011 - NICE loss! Excited for you to get started with the health coach!

@iradi8 - I am glad you are going on vacation with your family and your son is escaping Texas for a bit. Hopefully, all will be back to normal when he returns.

@mari_moulin - great job working out. It must be exciting to set up your home gym. If you end your gym membership now, that's more you can invest and make it into the gym of your dreams

@lcfa5317 - that's a lot of time in the car but worth it :)

@Tazaria87 - nice loss
  • garn76
    garn76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I am excited to be here.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 it was for an 60 minutes on 2/20. 2/16 & 2/18 lifted weights at moderate intensity for 50 and 60 minutes, no steps. 2/17 walked 3.41 miles on treadmill at 0 incline for 60 minutes.

Username: Beautyofdreams
    PW: 152.7
    CW: 152.1
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:176.8
    CW: 174.9
    LTD: 30.2

Happy with the loss this week. I feel like I am getting back on track now :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    garn76 wrote: »
    Thanks guys!!! I am excited to be here.

Welcome to our awesome talkative team :)
  • lelbarou
    Options
    Welcome @garn76 and @TheresaM787 !
    Happy to have you on the team! :)

• lelbarou
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:176.8
    CW: 174.9
    LTD: 30.2

Happy with the loss this week. I feel like I am getting back on track now :)

Really Super loss this week! Great progress! Whoop Whoop!😁
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Welcome @garn76 and @TheresaM787 !
    Happy to have you on the team! :)

Thank you so much ☘️

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.2
    Current weight: 294.8

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Sorry, I missed weighin yesterday ... away for the weekend to celebrate daughter's birthday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @TheresaM787 welcome to our team...Happy to have you with us🙂
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,497 Member
    Options
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day I practiced with the health coach. She gave me an amazing nutrition plan that I can adjust to meet my needs. I also had a pretty awesome workout this morning. Even though I am still sore from Friday's leg day! lol Tomorrow afternoon I meet with the personal trainer again for the first time in months so I am curious to see how his reaction will be. I did go for a walk/jog and ran for a longer distance than I have ever done! I was so proud of myself for that. Almost had to cut the walk short because I drank so much water I had to pee but toughed it out and made it home without calling for a ride. Really puts into perspective how far out I walk lol. I am soooo excited to see where I am 3 months from now. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.