• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,044
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

Thanks alll for being understanding yesterday. Just to clarify about the medication, it is not that the doctors don’t want to give it to me, it is that it would interact with others that I am taking. I don’t want you to think my doctors are horrible. Anyway, I am over my feeling sorry for myself and I am going to concentrate on what I can do. Mini walks and chair workouts. I did 3, yes that’s 3, mini walks yesterday. I haven’t done any yet today as I spent most of my morning on the phone and then I took my daughter to her appointment. I guess I better get walking as I have to go out in an hour.

On to my weight. I am up .2 pounds but I was down to 217.2 yesterday. I fought to get off the water weight all week. Love my jiggs dinner but it kills me for water weight. Not sure what happened to jump up from yesterday but that is the way of scale fluctuations. I know I drank a ton of water this week.

PW 217.6
    CW 217.8

Happy FriYAY!

Look at all those purdy green checks ...Well done ....that .2 lbs will be gone in no time ....You are doing good :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Thursday, 2/18

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅❌✅
    Exercise 3x /wk:✅✅❔

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - steps 2/18=12,887

Yesterday was a good day. I was a little over on carbs but not much. I do not eat my caps back so I don’t sweat being a little over on active days.

I have been having hip and knee pain lately and went to my PCP today. I have bursitis in my left hip (that exam was PAINFUL) and probably arthritis in both knees. I am now waiting on X-rays to confirm arthritis and have a steroid injection scheduled in a few weeks for the bursitis. I really am not looking forward to that but nothing has been working lately and I don’t want anything to slow me down. With all of the running around to the doctor, radiology, pharmacy and the increased pain from the exam, I don’t think I will push my steps
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    Congrats on the loss! 12 pounds since the beginning of the year is great. Have you made any changes in particular?

The one thing I have been really working on is consistency, weekends included.

I am generally really good at cutting way back on calories and going all out on exercise...for a few days. Then I switch to the other extreme and cut way back on exercise and go all out on eating all the things. The result is not too surprising--loss, gain, loss, gain.

I've been trying to keep a moderate calorie deficit while eating enough to stay satisfied vs cutting way back until I feel deprived and then going totally off the rails. I tend to be more of an "all or nothing type person" so it's a bit of a challenge, but so far it's working. Who'd of thunk it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - great attitude and great job on the mini walks. That scale will start cooperating in no time!

@888Angie888 - 12lbs since the beginning of the year is a great accomplishment 🤩
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Thursday, 2/18

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅❌✅
    Exercise 3x /wk:✅✅❔

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - steps 2/18=12,887

Yesterday was a good day. I was a little over on carbs but not much. I do not eat my caps back so I don’t sweat being a little over on active days.

I have been having hip and knee pain lately and went to my PCP today. I have bursitis in my left hip (that exam was PAINFUL) and probably arthritis in both knees. I am now waiting on X-rays to confirm arthritis and have a steroid injection scheduled in a few weeks for the bursitis. I really am not looking forward to that but nothing has been working lately and I don’t want anything to slow me down. With all of the running around to the doctor, radiology, pharmacy and the increased pain from the exam, I don’t think I will push my steps

Don’t push it and end up laid up for a few days. I have to say cortisone shots have saved me over the years. Until I had my knee replacement they were my best friend. I hope it helps you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @888Angie888
    You have definitely found the right formula. I think it is a real balancing act to find that sweet spot of not feeling deprived but yet cut back enough to lose weight. I am still working on this one.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - what are the shots like? I am terrified that it’s going to hurt. I nearly jumped off the table when she palpated the area.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post February 18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 108oz
    Steps 9033
    Exercise 11min Inc Dance Video and jogging in place

I got caught up doing housework and ran myself short on time for my workout video so I found a short one. After I logged it, my dad actually texted me and asked if I was ok. He thought maybe I hurt myself because it wasn't as long as usual lol. I just logged in place at night to get my steps in. Paid attention to my water and made sure I got it all in this time, too.

It's almost 7pm here and I just realized I hadn't made a post yet! Mom and I shopped this morning instead of lunch time cuz my son didn't have preschool today anyway and she was babysitting my nieces starting at 1pm. The change threw the rest of my schedule off today I guess.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    50 minutes strength training moderate intensity.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - what are the shots like? I am terrified that it’s going to hurt. I nearly jumped off the table when she palpated the area.

I don’t find getting them too bad. The last one hurt a little but it wasn’t my regular rheumatologist that gave it to me. The relief I got was well worth it. They usually last 3 to 4 months. I am at the 4 month mark now and I am my shoulder is just is starting to hurt. I have had them in my knee, both hips and my shoulder. Make sure to rest for 24 to 48 hours after.
  • azkunk
    Options

I don’t find getting them too bad. The last one hurt a little but it wasn’t my regular rheumatologist that gave it to me. The relief I got was well worth it. They usually last 3 to 4 months. I am at the 4 month mark now and I am my shoulder is just is starting to hurt. I have had them in my knee, both hips and my shoulder. Make sure to rest for 24 to 48 hours after.

Thanks for the tip. I have never gotten one so I have no idea what to expect
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @Icfa5317
    That’s awesome you got the vaccine. I can’t wait to get mine, but it probably won’t be for awhile…

@iradi8
    I’m happy to hear your son got power again. I’ve been watching the news from Canada, and it looks like a scary situation. Glad he’s doing ok.

@lindamtuck20
    Yes, I did get the magnetic menu things off Amazon. I had a different one before, but these are so much better. This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07V7DFXM1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My appointments today were great. My dietician was happy with my progress in my current goals, my psychologist and I talked about cortisol and that it has likely impacted my weight the last few weeks. She also told me that petting an animal has scientifically been shown to reduce cortisol levels, so it's great I have a kitten who loves cuddles! I had my annual physical where the nurse noted I had lost a lot of weight since my last physical, and asked how I've been doing it! Tonight, I had my Zumba class, and I feel great!

So, I follow this yoga studio on Facebook, and it's yoga for plus size people. I used to to yoga, but it's been ages, and I'm been intimidated to go to a 'regular' class. Well, the posted last night they're starting a virtual 8-week beginner program on in March, and there was a coupon code making it $75 for the 8 weeks. I decided even though it conflicts with my Tuesday night Zumba class, that doing some yoga would do me well, and doing it virtually with instructors who work with plus size people feels like it'll be what I need to build some confidence. So, I signed up!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    My steps for Feb 18 were 3,189
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I don’t have access to a scale so I have to skip weigh in this week :(
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in for feb. 18
    logging -yes
    exercise - no
    steps 4024

I had a really lazy day yesterday. It was snowy here and I just lazed around and the only exercise I did was my core exercises for my back which are bridges, crunches and the cobra.
    Bought a new seat cushion and back rest for my chair and seems to be helping my back and posture. Also, I got a new monitor and external keyboard to help with my posture too. This was recommeneded by my physio. Currently, I use a laptop and am continually looking down instead of up. I got a little platform for the monitor so hopefully it will be more at eye level.
    I still have to set up as I got this delived yesterday evening. Otherwise, I am keeping on track with food. Not really losing conistently this week, but I'm hovering between 297 and 299. It keeps changing. Dang scale! Weigh in is in a couple days so we will see what actually happens!

I hope you all have a good day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    I forgot your family was doing mfp with you. It is so nice he noticed. It always throws me off when my routine is changed. Great job on steps and exercises.

@heatherbluebell
    Thanks for the link. I have it added to my cart and I am going to look at it later. I believe that about animals. I know the nights I cuddle with my cat and listen to her purr I fall asleep so much easier. Animals are good for blood pressure too. I can’t wait to hear how your Zumba goes.

@Piqueaboo
    I have your weight carried over for a week.

@lelbarou
    Sometimes we just need a lazy day. Sounds like you are taking great steps to help your posture. I have trying to improve my posture for years. I have been slack on wearing my brace lately. I think I told you about it before. Ignore those scale fluctuations. You are doing amazing and the scale will settle down.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    ✅Steps 4,241
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I am running behind this morning. I did 2 mini walks yesterday. I am off to go grocery shopping. Hubby has his teeth extractions at noon and then I am going to hang out with the girls the rest of the day.

Have a great weekend!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/19: 15,516
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    I forgot your family was doing mfp with you. It is so nice he noticed. It always throws me off when my routine is changed. Great job on steps and exercises.

Yeah they started basically at the beginning of the year! My mom has lost 8lbs and my dad has lost almost 20 I think
This discussion has been closed.