Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Unfortunately, I do have an idea what a true binge can generate - but try tallying the calories, Connie, 19,000 is a lot! It would require specialized binging of very specific high calorie foods to be able to hold that much food! I actually found it quite relieving...it put something into perspective. Like maybe there is a bottom.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Wednesday April 13 - hit and miss third day! :)

:| 1500 calories 5 days a week (2264)
    ⭐ Min 10,000 - aim for 15,000 steps (11,138)
    ⭐ 30 minutes of physio 5 days a week (day off)
    :| 15 minutes exercise bike (0)
    ⭐ 10 bunnies a day (11.5)

Can't wait for that "first 5 star day" - it will come.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 I‘ve had bouts of “fog eating” to an awful excess before today, though I would not like to estimate the cals…I would like to say it is in the past, but not sure I can or…. if it ever is, though would not say had the emotional roller coster of bing eating
    As a school nurse, I have done… oh countless assessments, for referrals to ED clinics within CAMHS … seen the emotional damage to many families ….but it always distresses me how hard it is to get children and young people into services for binge eating.
    In fact, I think only one success … and that took some toing and froing….. and I’ve been in this job a long time.
    Not sure how you have found support in the US as an adult?
  • Janatki
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    Hi !
    Back to square one
    So daily habits I’d like to get back / work on for me are:-

1. Stay within calorie range -❎ under
    2. Get my fluids in - ✅
    3. Continue to identify an area of health / nutrition / exercise that I want / need to know more about on this road to smaller pants ❎
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies - ❎
    5. Go for a walk with the mut -❎
    6. Start & finish work to time - ❎

Not good
    Is there an emoji for kick up the jacksee? 🐐 well & truly kicked 😬😉
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hey: this is the mutt labour Union office and we are investigating a sub par utilization complaint by one of our members: Cocker near Moor is their name I believe. Management is hereby getting placed on notice! 🙀😘
  • Janatki
    Options
    If I were the Mutt Union, I’d just proceed to guilty verdict, sentencing & the hanging - day went wrong … what can I say? Tomorrow is another … 🤔🤗
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Daily habit check in….hmmmm

No binging
    Control sodium
    Drink water
    Stay under calorie goal
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Woohoo, Connie! Glad you are here.

Thursday April 14 - hit and miss fourth day back! :)

:| 1500 calories 5 days a week (1905)
    ⭐ Min 10,000 - aim for 15,000 steps (16,010)
    :| 30 minutes of physio 5 days a week (day off)
    :| 15 minutes exercise bike (0)
    ⭐ 10 bunnies a day (11.5)

I'm staying under maintenance - but a little less would be good!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Get up at the earlier hour (5:30 am)
    Take meds on time
    Do basic self-care
    Eat the meals that were planned, but no more
    Drink two glasses of cold liquid in addition to the hot tea.
    Leave the kitchen clean when you are done at night.

We'll see how I do today.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You go Alexandra!

Connie, I've always found my 🐹s to be much happier if my goals were "I don't want to exceed 1500 Cal by more than 50 or 75, as opposed to wanting to be under.

Under encourages my 🐹s to try and overdo the deficit. **AT** encourages them to define a reasonable pace to stick to, and the desire to figure out the MOST I can fit within that budget.

So instead of having angry or sad 🐹s that are being told they can't have things, I have curious ones trying to figure out how to fit the most within their budget.

Laurie... based on other posts not only are you not gaining currently; but you are in fact losing, which is what you want.

Yet every day you've posted a higher intake than your official goal and denied yourself credit for having achieved your (evidenced by your losses) deficit

Direction * time beats speed.

If you've been losing at the above 1900 average you've posted... 1500 may be too low for you to be aiming for! How about 1800 or 1750 as goals to aim for?

Based on your steps posted, if you weren't using a Fitbit (which I believe you are), MFP very active would be your base guide in terms of approximations.
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just noticed this thread existed. 😮 I Guess I'll join in, too, for accountability counting. Here are the habits I'm trying to develop:
    • Drink 2,640mL of water daily
    • Stay within the 1,515 calorie limit daily until the milestone goal achievement
    • 30 minutes of any kind of exercise 5 days/week
    • 5-10 🐰 a day!!!

The day just started, so let's see how well I do today.
  • Janatki
    edited April 2022
    Options
    15/04 … ok better than 14/04

1. Stay within calorie range -✅ within, but used leftovers from yesterday😉
    2. Get my fluids in - ❎ Forgot my water bottle!🙄😯
    3. Continue to identify an area of health / nutrition / exercise that I want / need to know more about on this road to smaller pants …. Not eating unless hungry ✅ put into practise - I found my growls…. thought they were dead🤣
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies - ❎…… least said, fastest mended 🤔
    5. Go for a walk with the mut - ✅Double my normal - still fairly feeble!🚶🏼‍♀️
    6. Start & finish work to time - ❎ Mmmm! 😑

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Daily habit check in….hmmmm

No binging
    Control sodium
    Drink water
    Stay under calorie goal

Yay!….I did it!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh PAV - your logic is good - but my weight went up a bit and is now at a stand still. I don't think I'm eating enough to have gained any real weight - but eating enough to appear to be at a bit of a stand still for the past week and a bit.
  • Janatki
    edited April 2022
    Options
    16/04

5/5

1. Stay within calorie range -✅ under, but owed from yesterday, so yes, within!
    2. Get my fluids in - ✅
    3. Continue to identify an area of health / nutrition / exercise that I want / need to know more about on this road to smaller pants ✅ Salt & renal revisited
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies ✅ grapes, bananas, cucumber beans 4 different types, tomatoes, onions, celery…Plus, but does not count a jacket spud!
    5. Go for a walk with the mut - ✅Double my normal - still fairly feeble!🚶🏼‍♀️
    6. Start & finish work to time - ✅ Not a working day, pulled to my computer - but no thanks!

🤩🤩🤩
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Woohoo - but why not 6 of 6???
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Janatki I too read 6/6 there, good job! plus... I WOULD count the jacket spud... especially if it is large enough to count for two bunnies! I know the British guidelines exclude fruits and vegetables "normally used as starches"; but, I'm a rebel. Please explain to me the nutritional benefits of a sweet potato over and above those of a normal potato
  • Janatki
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Oh the sweet potato/ white potato debate! I don’t get it either….. veggies are veggies! Though Australia does “mock” the British 5-a-day guidelines as being too little & we should be aiming to their 10-a- day, especially with the ever rising rates of obesity in British kids from 5 to when they reach 11!
    I suppose then, by not counting the humble spud, we then get a potential 6-a-day in?! 😏
    I seriously have to work at the 5-a -day…. Only seem to manage it well when not at work or if the eldery Atki’s are behaving themselves!
    I only counted 5/5 as was a non work day - and who goes to work on those 🙄🤐😶😯
  • Janatki
    Options
    17/04 - 4/5 or 5/6

1. Stay within calorie range -✅ slightly over MFP but within a TDEE range!
    2. Get my fluids in - ✅ can’t still do plain water though - added no sugar squash!
    3. Continue to identify an area of health / nutrition / exercise that I want / need to know more about on this road to smaller pants ✅ Visited the forums and found concepts around TDEE - before has been around just finding my calories to lose weight. Finding out how to lose weight in a better way? Wobbly today 🐹 🐹 with all the whooshing and my kidney! Lol! Focus on thermogenesis and TDEE timely! 🤔🤓
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies ✅ lots of roastie veggies! 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐇
    5. Go for a walk with the mut - Men did the walking today! Got lots of sorting out dome instead… exercise?
    6. Start & finish work to time - ✅ Non working day 😉

Resisted the pesky chocolate bunnies
  • Janatki
    Options
    19/04 - lost a day somewhere…😯

4/6 Meh!

1. Stay within calorie range -❎ Out of range - far too under….too tired today due to cutting meds. Will catch up 😀
    2. Get my fluids in - ✅
    3. Continue to identify an area of health / nutrition / exercise that I want / need to know more about on this road to smaller pants ✅ Another wooshy weight! Looked at protein satiating debate
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies ❎clem, carrots, salad grapes 🐹🐹🐹🐹 3 cubes of chocolate!
    5. Go for a walk with the mut - ✅ Golden Acre Park with mate & muts Incident with child & ice cream - thankfully nowt to do with Jess
    6. Start & finish work to time - ✅