Replies

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    27 & 28
    4 / 6

1. Stay within calorie range - ✅& ❎
    2. Get my fluids in - ✅ & ❎
    3. Continue to identify an area of health / nutrition / exercise that I want / need to know more about on this road smaller pants ✅&✅Started experimenting with food volumes, increasing protein & fibre!
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies - ✅ &✅
    5. Go for a walk with the mutt - ✅ &✅
    6. Start & finish work to time - ❎ & ❎ - hmph with lots of swear words!

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Nice going, Atki!

Thursday April 28 ⭐⭐⭐
    ⭐ Max Maintenance calories - aim for 1,750-2,000 range (1909)
    ⭐ Min 10,000 - aim for 15,000 steps (21,683)
    :| 15 minutes of physio 0
    :| 10 minutes exercise bike (0)
    ⭐ 10 bunnies a day (16.5)

Ended up going out for a late night lakeside walk with a friend and their new pupster. Too tired now for cycling in place or physio...but it was so nice by the water!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Phew, finally knuckled down to do a bit of housework. I was beginning to think I'd find myself on an episode of Filthy House SOS.
    gvdzst3qtt4p.png
  • Janatki
    Options
    29/04
    4 / 6

1. Stay within calorie range - ❎ Over - am blaming my over indulgence on th advocado not on the Pizza & french fries 🥴
    2. Get my fluids in - ✅
    3. Continue to identify an area of health / nutrition / exercise that I want / need to know more about on this road smaller pants ✅&✅Started experimenting still 🥴
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies - ✅
    5. Go for a walk with the mutt - ✅ with OH too!
    6. Start & finish work to time - ❎ 3 day weekend woo hoo!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,617 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    You're making gin in a still!?!?!?
  • Janatki
    Options
    Probably wrote that after the gin? One measure these days & I make no sense! Lightweight!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a single pint would have me swinging!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    5zvwbsf8dwo1.png

Plus 15,200 steps and 30km on the turbo on a course that contained TWO mountain climbs. I think that counts as an active day...
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    WOW, Bella.
  • Janatki
    edited May 2022
    Options
    30/04 & 01/05
    5/ 6 & 5/6

1. Stay within calorie range - ✅&✅
    2. Get my fluids in - ✅&✅ 💦bored y’all with that one! Mmm strawberry lemonade wee! Sorry!
    3. Continue to identify an area of health …. Ditto!
    4. Eat 5 fruits & veggies - ✅ & ✅
    5. Go for a walk with the mutt - ✅ & stupidly ✅😩
    6. Start & finish work to time - ❎ & ❎ 3 day weekend, though unfinished trying to pull me in!

To think of some habits for May!

• PAV8888
    Options
    5zvwbsf8dwo1.png
    Plus 15,200 steps and 30km on the turbo on a course that contained TWO mountain climbs. I think that counts as an active day...

Bella: just to be clear (and for others potentially lurking): the 15K day gets you into MFP VERY ACTIVE... without the turbo ride! (for most people, based on statistical averages, results may vary, yada, yada)
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @Janatki I may have to fly in JUST to see what strawberry lemonade looks like!!!! :lol:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Janatki, don’t give PAV the recipe…he will add something else to it!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Connie trust me, I don't want @Janatki 's straw lemonade recipe!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣😹😹😹😹😎

Believe you me!:lol::innocent:
  • Bella_Figura
    edited May 2022
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Bella: just to be clear (and for others potentially lurking): the 15K day gets you into MFP VERY ACTIVE... without the turbo ride! (for most people, based on statistical averages, results may vary, yada, yada)

You'd think that, wouldn't you? And yet my TDEE activity factor per 412 complete days of accurate tracking is only about 1.65...which according to SailRabbit is smack bang in the middle between 'moderately active' and 'very active'. Which is nothing to be sneezed at, but shows that 15k steps alone - which is my baseline minimum daily activity - doesn't elevate everyone (i.e. me) into the very active category. Maybe I'm just exceptionally indolent at other times of the day and burn below-average NEAT.

Per the SailRabbit activity descriptors, I would say that somewhere between 'Moderately Active' and 'Very Active' actually sounds about right for me...

nn2iu5ovpqqr.png

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Sunday April 28 ⭐

:| Calorie range goal - 1600 - 1,800 (1,998)
    :| Min 10,000 - aim for 15,000 steps (9,213) Lazy, dragging my body around kinda day
    :| 15 minutes of physio (0) see above
    ⭐ 10 bunnies a day (16.5) see above

• PAV8888
    Options
    Or you're a standard deviation or two towards the lower end.

In the end your own records win. but. Do not consider them unchanging and non dynamic. There's some elasticity there that as time goes on either deliberately or by accident you will explore. Without 🐹 disbelieving the evidence when/if you see it!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    It's timely that you raise this now, when it's been on my mind a little lately. I'm happy with my current calorie budget, but I'm trying to nudge up my NEAT burn. Not as a weight loss strategy, but because I recognise that I AM exceptionally indolent when I'm not actively exercising, and I want to try to nudge myself gently towards spending less time coach potatoing. I think I tend to do that a little naturally in the summer anyway, when gardening takes up more of my time...but in the winter I can happily sit on the sofa reading or frittering time on social media for 12 hours at a stretch. That is NOT GOOD!

So....I reckon that if I replace 25 minutes of sitting on the sofa browsing MFP with 25 minutes of activity (e.g. gardening, housework, playing with Norman...even just standing up watching the birds on the bird feeders) I'll burn an additional calorie a minute....

Any lurking scientists, please rein in your criticism - I know this is totally unscientific!

The plan being I either get 25 more calories to eat each day...or I lose 2.6lbs per year without even trying!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It is also dynamic that if you participate in the tour de France you're not going to be out dancing the same day.... overall, if you don't break Garfield, top shelf exercise is top shelf. But if you break her, or she slows down in her 90s, neat is perfectly valid too
  • Bella_Figura
    edited May 2022
    Options
    NEAT is therefore a more dependable burn source to rely on.

NEAT is carrot cake. Exercise is the cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake.

Carrots trump frosting, as any bunny would attest.