Real Good Low Carb Bread is a reality.

Options
Poobah1972
Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
Hey guys,

I hope I'm not being to spammy, but I thought I'd drop in here and drop the link to this Bread Recipe i've been making these last 2 weeks (just in case some of you don't visit the regular area). Combined I have many years of low carb experience under my belt going back 15+ years, and this bread has truly blown away and blows away all competition. So I know many of you that are on Low Carb or Keto will any reason, will appreciate it as much as me.

It checks all the boxes... Smell, feel, tastes, toasts, and it bakes and rises like traditional bread. Cause it is real bread and uses yeast. Absolutely no flour, or nut flours.

less then 100 calories per big slice, and just 1.7 net carbs

I hope someone who doesn't know about it, find this and Enjoys!

Hmmmmm... Grilled cheese this weekend! Woohoo!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825652/best-low-carb-bread-no-flour-was-used

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Not too spammy at all. Mod approved. :)
    Though I wouldn't post the link again in any of the other threads unless someone asks, since it does have it's own thread.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I went ahead and put it in the library section of the Launch Pad recipe library.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I went ahead and put it in the library section of the Launch Pad recipe library.

Great! I never heard of Launch Pad Recipe Library... Care to point me in the right direction?

And thank you!
    Jonathan
  • baconslave
    Options
    The Launch Pad is a sticky thread at the top of the Group.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
    I think it's currently last in line of them. The platform moves them around based on either creation date or modification date. I'm not sure, and I don't care enough to find out. My neurons are busy with other things. :blush:

Lots of links inside but here's the one to the recipe library. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348430/recipe-tips-websites-lcd-group-member-recipes?new=1

I'm always looking for updates. So if someone gets a broken link or finds something new just tag me, and I'll get it taken care of.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    The Launch Pad is a sticky thread at the top of the Group.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
    I think it's currently last in line of them. The platform moves them around based on either creation date or modification date. I'm not sure, and I don't care enough to find out. My neurons are busy with other things. :blush:

Lots of links inside but here's the one to the recipe library. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348430/recipe-tips-websites-lcd-group-member-recipes?new=1

I'm always looking for updates. So if someone gets a broken link or finds something new just tag me, and I'll get it taken care of.

Ah, that's fantastic. Thank you for your assistance.
  • Slimngo1
    Slimngo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have just made this bread. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I have searched and tried numerous low carb bread recipes, and, if they turned out at all they were usually like rubber!! This bread is LOVELY, soft, springy and really tasty. THANK YOU again. Slimngo1
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Slimngo1 wrote: »
    I have just made this bread. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I have searched and tried numerous low carb bread recipes, and, if they turned out at all they were usually like rubber!! This bread is LOVELY, soft, springy and really tasty. THANK YOU again. Slimngo1

So glad I posted it here, if this is how you found it. You make me Blush. Seriously though, I'm really happy the recipe found you.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972 I got all the ingredients and am going to make it this weekend. I don't have a bread maker, think it will be ok?
  • Poobah1972
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »
    @Poobah1972 I got all the ingredients and am going to make it this weekend. I don't have a bread maker, think it will be ok?

I'm getting excited for you... No you absolutely don't need a bread maker... In fact I suppose you can get a superior product in the oven anyways. Just make sure the doe is kneaded well (more so then a typical loaf might help), and do what ever your used to doing to let bread rise in a nice warm place before cooking. Whether it rises meh, or rises a lot it will taste amazing I promise. I'm making a loaf this morning. (I took my 2 eggs out to let them warm up before I start a few hours from now.).

:smiley:

Do report back please! And Good Luck!
  • Poobah1972
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I think I'm getting the hang of this.... Last 2 loafs, turned out about the same... Nice in the middle well formed loaves. Oh yeah! (it's fast day, so apparently I like torturing myself.)

86x1i82c353q.jpg

Oh a few new pointers... If you do use a machine... I'm now pulling the doe out and the paddles after a 20 minute rise. Then I use my free hand (with a good amount of oil on my 2 fingers and thumb, I lubricate the 2 paddle posts as quickly as I can (this helps prevents the bread from sticking to the posts and pulling out chunks of bread when it's completed but do remember to spin the gears a few times)... Then I close the door to conserve warmth, and work the doe in my hands squeeze and rolling then folding 1 3rd then the other 3rd over the first... Then squeeze rolling, repeat, repeat repeat.... Then basically roll in my hands to about the right length and plop it down in the middle... and press it lightly.

Then a 50 minute rise, and an hour cook. Last two times worked perfect. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    If you have never made fathead bagels ...you must try ...they are delicious
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/?s=fathead+dough+bagels

I use this website the most ... all of her recipes are delicious
  • Poobah1972
    Options

Thank you, I was looking at the fathead pizza doe recipe just this week I think. I'm resistant to try cause it sort of falls into that category of yes you can make it keto, but you also get a whole lot of calories with it. For me it would be fantastic, I could fit it in quite easily. But my little 4'7" fiancé would be hard pressed to squeeze it in to her food allowance as the whole bagel is practically her whole meal allowance with nothing on it. (i feel for her... lol)

So I try to find lower calorie alternatives. I made the English muffin on that site before as well at about 280ish calories per english muffin, and we do love them. We've tried them with 2 eggs, and also with 3 egg whites... One was more like a Biscuit and the other a light corn bread. (can't remember which was which at the moment.)... I ended up reducing the almond flour by 1/3 and substituting carbquik by the same plus a 1/6th, reduced the butter by half and added the torrani syrup to make eggo's... A much lower calorie option, that still tastes great and just as low carb if not more.

The Sacrifices we make for love? :)

Thank you though Megan!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

Thank you, I was looking at the fathead pizza doe recipe just this week I think. I'm resistant to try cause it sort of falls into that category of yes you can make it keto, but you also get a whole lot of calories with it. For me it would be fantastic, I could fit it in quite easily. But my little 4'7" fiancé would be hard pressed to squeeze it in to her food allowance as the whole bagel is practically her whole meal allowance with nothing on it. (i feel for her... lol)

So I try to find lower calorie alternatives. I made the English muffin on that site before as well at about 280ish calories per english muffin, and we do love them. We've tried them with 2 eggs, and also with 3 egg whites... One was more like a Biscuit and the other a light corn bread. (can't remember which was which at the moment.)... I ended up reducing the almond flour by 1/3 and substituting carbquik by the same plus a 1/6th, reduced the butter by half and added the torrani syrup to make eggo's... A much lower calorie option, that still tastes great and just as low carb if not more.

The Sacrifices we make for love? :)

Thank you though Megan!

I just made fathead pizza for dinner and boy was it delish (pesto and pepperoni) and you are very welcome :)