Replies

• MicheleB105
    MicheleB105 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This month I’m planning on,
    Practicing mindful eating
    Sticking to my 1200 calories
    Walking outside or in 3 days a week
    Getting to bed by 11:pm (except Saturdays;)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    3/3-3/4

I keep forgetting to check in so I guess I’d better up my game on the mindfulness 😂

Carbs under 50 ✅✅
    Cals 1237, 1194 ✅✅
    Exercise ✅❌

Had a lovely zoom with our daughter and my father last night. We are all on different continents and I miss them so much. So that was my very, very happy thing.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    rfsatar wrote: »
    This week... 2 workouts done
    Logging and carb counting done
    But my LORD my arm after the AZ jab!
    Day 1 - aches, drippy snout, sneezing more than Lazarus, and huge headache.
    Day 2 (Thursday) and I have seen more lively Dodos than my right arm - guess this week is NOT the week I will be practicing my golf swing in the garden
    DAY 3 (Friday) - It feels more like I have been punched in the arm or (if anyone who wears a Libre sensor has lost an argument with a door frame... it feels like that).

Weekend I might try some Qi Gong Tai Chi and look forward to adding cardio boxing and weights back into the routine next week!

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    rfsatar wrote: »
    This week... 2 workouts done
    Logging and carb counting done
    But my LORD my arm after the AZ jab!
    Day 1 - aches, drippy snout, sneezing more than Lazarus, and huge headache.
    Day 2 (Thursday) and I have seen more lively Dodos than my right arm - guess this week is NOT the week I will be practicing my golf swing in the garden
    DAY 3 (Friday) - It feels more like I have been punched in the arm or (if anyone who wears a Libre sensor has lost an argument with a door frame... it feels like that).

Weekend I might try some Qi Gong Tai Chi and look forward to adding cardio boxing and weights back into the routine next week!

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!
    Today I feel a lot better but come what may I am glad I had it, and should get the second one within 10-12 weeks.

But in terms of my glorious comeback after a month of knee issues and working Aussie hours, it was unfortunate timing.

The advice my bestie gave me to massage the arm a lot and pop solpadeine (codeine and paracetemol) like smarties was good advice! Luckily we in the UK can get that over the counter and I always have my US colleagues begging for a strip of my stash when I am covering tournaments overseas!)

Interestingly - there was a piece on a BBC program that people with arthritic issues are finding that those are being eased with the advent of the jab - so I am monitoring closely. Knee certainly is a lot less grumbly since I had it.. and I only really had the solpadeine on the first day because I had so many aches in my shoulder, neck and headaches.

Watch this space, I guess!

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    March 4:

1) Sleep: okay, woke up a bit earlier than I should have
    2) Mindfulness/gratitude practices: yes
    3) Exercise plan: rest day, did a nice longer walk plus a decent amount of movement during the day
    4) Apple rings: yes, closed all
    5) Steps: over 15K
    6) Calories and eating plan: calories were good, bit higher than usual since yesterday was lower
    7) 71 g net carbs and 100 g protein -- slightly higher carb day for me, but okay
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    3/4
    Calories, carbs and protein all on track for the day. Got out and walked in the cold to invigorate my tired body. Feel asleep by 8 on the couch!

I did answer a short mindfulness survey on my health plan website so maybe I can start some exercises this weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    3/4 Food on point and We walked 5.21 miles :)
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/5
    Calories over for the day but carbs and protein fell in line with goals. I felt very hungry at dinner then had a snack even though I felt satisfied. I was tired so should have just gone to bed. I’m starting to have some sugar cravings but so far have been successful in beating them. My birthday is coming up so I have decided to have a flex day but know my stomach won’t thank me for it. Portion control will be key!
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    March 5:

1) Sleep: up too early again
    3) Exercise plan: run and weights, felt good
    4) Apple rings: yes, closed all, well over move and exercise
    5) Steps: over 15K
    6) Calories and eating plan: calories were fine, I changed my dinner plan to include a grilled cheese (very rare treat for me) for various reasons, and was happy I did so, even though I was a bit off plan. Ended up quite satisfied with my dinner and feeling good.
    7) 106 g net carbs and 89 g protein -- higher carb day, but as noted above I was good with it

• lemurcat2
    Options
    March 6:

1) Sleep: great! first time I've gotten 7 hours in forever
    3) Exercise plan: bike trainer and walk, as planned, but I had intended to try out a yoga class that has been recommended (youtube) and didn't get to it
    5) Steps: over my 12K goal
    6) Calories and eating plan: I didn't log all that carefully but think calories were fine -- I signed up for a virtual cooking class from a local place that has them (they added virtual due to coronavirus), and cooked along. Subbed cauliflower for the rice in the recipe, and estimated everything.
    7) As noted above, these are estimates, but 81 g net carbs and 107 g protein

Today is going to be more stressful, and this coming week more so, sigh. Will try to control what I can, which means staying on plan with food, at least.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/5 food on point ...we walked 5.22 miles
    3/6 food on point ...we walked 7.57 miles
    3/7 food on point ..Rest day
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/6-3/7
    Calories a bit high but movement kept at goal yesterday. Carbs were high and protein was lower than planned- I ate salad all day plus some soup and pita bread.

Today my calories, carbs and protein were all good. I’ve gotten nearly 17k steps but haven’t closed my move ring for the day- UGH. I spent two hours thinning day lilies in the flower beds and am no where near done and that didn’t seem to move the needle on activity. My sweaty clothes and aching back say otherwise!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    3/6-7

Great weekend with lots of exercise. I wish I could get my Garmin to understand the difference between hiking and walking. It gave me credit for “leisurely pace” on what was a rigorous uphill hike. Oh well.

Cals and carbs were well under, but the scale was not cooperative this morning and there’s no change from last Monday. Le sigh.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    March 7:

1) Sleep: so-so again, but I forced myself to stay in bed and maybe got a bit more rather than giving up and just getting up way too soon
    3) Exercise plan: week's long run, not that long yet, but felt great, plus 20 min on bike trainer to hit my weekly goal (Sunday is the last day in my weekly exercise plan)
    6) Calories and eating plan: calories were good, although leftovers so some degree of estimation again
    7) As noted above, these are estimates, but 64 g net carbs and 113 g protein
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    3/2-3/7

1) Keep carbs <50 - only 3 out of 6
    2) Workout total 4 hours/week - 3.5, so close
    3) Eat more slowly to enjoy my food - this has been more successful

SW 173
    CW 172
    GW 167

My trainer just reopened her gym so I went for strength training today. I've just been so inconsistent and making excuses. I need a smack in the face I think. Blowing opportunities to establish habits.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Mon 8/3

1) Libre Sensor - FBG (mmol/L) 6.6 ➡️
    2) Carb Goal 🟠 <125g (103g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) C25K W1, S2 (Treadmill) ✅
    5) Water - 43oz 💧💦

Back at it after being knocked sideways for a few days with the vaccine.
  • lemurcat2
    edited March 2021
    Options
    March 8:

1) Sleep: okay
    3) Exercise plan: weights and a walk
    4) Apple rings: yes, closed all
    6) Calories and eating plan: calories were good, Cron numbers were great except I was low on Vit E (which seems to be the hardest for me to get on average, I should look at the days when I get it to see what's different)
    7) 86 g net carbs and 95 g protein (I should do a graph of my net carbs over the month, but so far I'm liking having some days closer to 50 and some higher -- yesterday and the day before I was using up some potatoes I had, and was really in the mood for them, but other days I have no particular desire for starchy carbs)

• taylok23
    Options
    3/8
    Calories and carbs were good for the day but protein was below my 100g target. Surprisingly I wasn’t that hungry and while slightly wanting a snack mid day crept up, I was mindful that I wasn’t at all hungry.

I haven’t had a chance to do any additional meditation/mindful practices, I do have to note that I’ve been sleeping great the last few nights. My wonky schedule starts Thursday evening so I’ll do some advanced planning to avoid poor choices. Or that is the goal.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/8 Food on point and we walked 5.17 miles
    3/9 Food on point and I will be doing aerobics