March Mindfulness Challenge 2021

Options

Replies

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    3/8-3/11

1) Keep carbs <50 - ✔
    2) Workout total 4 hours/week - 3 hours so far, more importantly I'm moving every day
    3) Eat more slowly to enjoy my food - this has been more successful

SW 173
    CW 173
    GW 167

I'm going to have to make a much larger workout effort to get past this weight set point my body has established. Music while working out has been helpful, I just need to do MORE.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    3/11
    Protein on the low side but overall an okay eating day. Movement was good and I’m through the first night of my overnight schedule. Tonight should finish it out so the trick is to not snack late even if the belly grumbles. Have extra dinner simmering now for healthy leftovers if I need them.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    3/12 food okay over on carbs .....went for a 2.66 mile walk in new shoes and my feet hurt but they hurt before ...it is never ending with me ughhh ...I hope everyone has a great weekend .. :)
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fri 12/3

HbA1c (mmol/mol): Highest 111 (2017) 118 (2019) Lowest 45 (2017) CURRENT: 48 (2020)
    MARCH 10st 9lb, Ending Weight

1) Swipey the Libre Sensor - FBG (mmol/L) 6.8 ➡️
    2) Carb Goal < 100g 🟢 (94g) (And this was with an impulse stop at the Indian takeaway for poppadoms and onion bhajis for dinner, because I felt I deserved a treat after returning to the workforce)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) Workout: Planned resistance but left it too late. ❌
    5) Water - 31oz 💧 💦 (One big bottle at work and a little bit for meds. Better than yesterday but still need to be much better)

I have been asked to come in Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday next week so absolutely yes. I have no idea when this will stop, once lockdown eases and they bring people back to the office, so I need to make the most of this.

My workout plan for next week.
    MON - C25K W1S3 (Treadmill)
    TUE - C25K W1S3 (Spinbike)
    WED - Cardio Boxing
    THU - Resistance/Weights
    FRI - Wii Fit Muscle, Balance
    SAT & SUN - Qi Gong Tai Chi.

• tishsmith101
    Options
    /12 ....went for a 2.66 mile walk in new shoes and my feet hurt but they hurt before ...it is never ending with me ughhh ...I hope everyone has a great weekend .. :)

My feet hurt regardless of which shoes I'm wearing too. I put different supports in each pair which helps somewhat. But it is noticeable at the start of every walk.
  • rfsatar
    Options
    /12 ....went for a 2.66 mile walk in new shoes and my feet hurt but they hurt before ...it is never ending with me ughhh ...I hope everyone has a great weekend .. :)

My feet hurt regardless of which shoes I'm wearing too. I put different supports in each pair which helps somewhat. But it is noticeable at the start of every walk.

One of the things I have found really helpful is slipper socks with ice packs. I have plantar fasciitis in both feet over varying years and they absolutely kill me after a round of golf, and these socks are an absolute godsend. I have the ones with a pack for the bottom of the whole foot, and half a pack for the top of the foot and I swear by them.

Buyable on Amazon
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/13 Food good but over on carbs and we walked 7.28 miles
    3/14 food good but over on carbs and it is rest day (I got blisters on my baby toes from my new hiking boots)
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/12-3/14
    An overindulgence weekend where calories and carbs were over each of these days but protein was good. I decided to flex and ate some sweets the last two days and have definitely had my fill so back to the grind tomorrow. I had a busy weekend move-wise with lots of yard work- thinning beds and laying mulch so hopefully it helps balance the higher calories. I’ll jump on the scales in the morning to see how much water weight I’ve gained.

I’ve decided to give my body a break from strength training this week so will be walking/running only and pick up a new 30 day challenge in a week.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    3/12-3/14
    An overindulgence weekend where calories and carbs were over each of these days but protein was good. I decided to flex and ate some sweets the last two days and have definitely had my fill so back to the grind tomorrow. I had a busy weekend move-wise with lots of yard work- thinning beds and laying mulch so hopefully it helps balance the higher calories. I’ll jump on the scales in the morning to see how much water weight I’ve gained.

I’ve decided to give my body a break from strength training this week so will be walking/running only and pick up a new 30 day challenge in a week.

Not a bad idea. You'll be rested, not sore, and able to tackle the new challenge afresh. I do this every little while.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    3/12-3/15

1) Keep carbs <50 - ✔
    2) Workout total 4 hours/week - 6.25 Plus 30 min yesterday toward this week
    3) Eat more slowly to enjoy my food - Made a couple new recipes over the weekend and enjoying most the fathead cheese danish :)

SW 173
    CW 172
    GW 167

Ordered a Charge 4 since my Zip is dying. Arrived yesterday and will set it up today after work.
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/15
    Back to a relatively normal day with calories, carbs and protein on track. Being it was my birthday, hubs offered morning donuts but I had my fill over the weekend and declined. Smart because when I weighed in for my competition this morning I was only up .2 for the week. Win! Surprisingly I didn’t have stiff joints from the carbs but I balanced them with healthy stuff all weekend. Another extended work week starting tonight but I feel good about not eating because of being tired- will just catch a cat nap instead.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/15 Food was okay ..I was over by 200 something but I sure enjoyed 1/2 of that bone-in ribeye ...will be having the other 1/2 today for lunch with eggs .......we walked 4.64 miles
  • rfsatar
    Options
    Mon 15/3

HbA1c (mmol/mol): Highest 111 (2017) 118 (2019) Lowest 45 (2017) CURRENT: 48 (2020)

1) Libre Sensor - BREAK - Giving arms (and bank balance) time to recover
    2) Carb Goal <150g 🟠 (110g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) C25K W1S3 (Treadmill) ✅
    5) Water - 43oz 💧 💦
  • rfsatar
    Options
    Tue 16/3

1) Libre Sensor - BREAK - Giving arms (and bank balance) time to recover
    2) Carb Goal <150g 🟠 (108g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) C25K W1S3 (Spinbike) ✅
    5) Water - 43oz 💧 💦
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/16
    Calories, carbs and protein were all on goal for the day. I made smart choices at dinner and was mindful that while I wasn’t stuffed, I was satisfied and could live without a snack. That will have to do until I can get some mediation going. I miss my strength workouts already but will stick with cardio for the week and hit it again come Monday.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    3/15-16

Cals✅✅
    Carbs✅❌
    Exercise ❌✅

Happy St Paddy’s Day!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    3/17

Cals 1410
    Carbs. 41
    Exercise NO

Had delicious prime rib for dinner. Must cook that more often.
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/17
    Well, dinner went a bit off the rails and I wanted all the food. Consequently calories and carbs were over for the day. I got a lot of exercise and movement in but was more at maintenance eating than at a deficit. That will be my focus today however I woke up ravenous but have stuck to coffee thus far. I still want to shed a couple of pounds to finish off my weight loss comp strong as I’m behind where I wanted to be overall.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/16 food was okay...Did Richard Simmons Broadway Blastoff Video and we walked 5.69 miles
    3/17 food was good...we walked 2.70 miles (bought New Balance shoes so I was breaking them in)
    3/18 over on carbs yesterday ...and we walked 6.49 miles (love my new shoes )
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/18
    Calories and protein on goal but carbs were a bit high thanks to my saboteur sneaking in an order of chips and queso with our Mexican salads for dinner. I was mindful that I didn’t need this but indulged anyway and dealt with a full stomach and heartburn after the fact. Today is turning out to be better. I closed my watch rings yesterday and did plenty of cardio. Can’t wait for the weather to turn so that I can get back to outdoor walks without freezing or getting rained on.