Replies

• eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71
    The app is called

"Stronglifts 5x5 - Weight Lifting & Gym Workout Log"
    By Stronglifts

I find it super easy to use and track. And it calculates what you should be adding for weght each time. So far, it seems to be working pretty well for me.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Good to see all the green dots today!

@Katmary71 Good on you for standing up for yourself and making them fix your hair! I wish I had done that last time I had mine cut. It's awful and nothing like what I showed her. But I just sat there and didn't say I hated it.
    Oof, I have had a cervical biopsy before, and I have endometrial biopsies regularly - they're no joke. Sorry that your insurance is stuffing you around again! Good to hear the scale went down though.

@trooworld Sending ((skinny vibes)) all the way from Australia!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was quite good! I did some walking and rode my stationary bike for a bit, designed a couple of embossers for hubby to 3D print today for the customer, watched my football team smash our opposition in a really entertaining game in heavy rain (on the TV, I live nowhere near where they play!), allowed myself to go over calorie goal slightly so that I could enjoy just one beer (knowing I was still in a good deficit), and got myself off to bed at a reasonable time!
    If every day could be like yesterday, I would be fine with that.
    And today, the scale dropped again and I am super happy about that! I'm almost at 10kgs down. It's so good to know that what I am doing is working. Plus, I noticed when I am walking, my heart rate doesn't get as high, I don't get as hot - sometimes I feel like I could jog instead, but then I don't want to hurt my knees so I chicken out. Last weekend, I wore a pair of denim shorts that I could not get over my hips at the beginning of summer, so I'm feeling really good about myself at the moment!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    4r08y5rzu5td.png
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.5kg
    PW: 129.4kg
    CW: 129.0kg
    LTD: 9.5kg
    LTW: 0.4kg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@TwistedSassette It’s great that you live close to your sister and that she can come over and play with your little guy. My niece keeps posting pics of her sweet kiddos on FB and I so wish we lived closer to each other. I love tacos!! :)

@Cornanda What kind of dog do you have? Aren’t dogs the best in how they show us so much love? I come home from being anywhere and my dog goes nuts jumping on me and demanding tons of cuddles. Right now she is on my desk trying to figure out how she can put her head on my keyboard while I continue to type. She can’t!! :D

@AustinRuadhain Bird’s are great too! I used to have a cockatiel that literally ruled our home. When my daughter was three, she and the bird would dance to the Lion King soundtrack. :grins:

@Katmary71 I would love a CGM just so I could eat foods and see what happens. Of course, it could tell me that things like my beloved coffee are an issue and that you would not be good for my mental health. :grin: Ohhh that is terrible that your hairdresser did understand what you meant! I’m glad he fixed it but dang, four hours is a long time to sit in a hair salon. Yikes, I don’t what to say about all those doctor appointments except hang in there and hopefully, something good will come out in the end and you will be left feeling better. Yayy for the scale being down!

@trooworld I’m sending you those skinny vibes!! I’m sending some to myself too. B)

Hi Team! Today, was my usual Thursday of going to my staff meeting and then doing some church cleaning. It’s nice that I was told again how much they have noticed the work I’ve been doing. Tomorrow, I’m planning to deep clean the pews so that they look really nice for Easter. I’m hoping that the scale will be good to me tomorrow. I’ve done really well this week, so maybe!!

2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette - you are doing such a great job of allowing yourself small treats while still making it work. Your weight loss is steady and non scale victories like those shorts are sweet!

@eahrenee - I"m checking out that app. Thanks!

@TeresaW1020 - he's mini poodle and mystery. He's tiny like yours, brown and black. We got him from a rescue when he was 5 and he's 11 now. He came with a lot of hang ups, but overall, he's a good boy.

One of my YouTube exercise sites- HAS Fit- did a post this week. "If something is important to you, you'll find a way, if it's not, you'll find an excuse. " They moved the family 21 hours away, 2 little kids, getting unpacked etc. Still made time for to workout that week- because "sometimes it's important to focus on maintenance and not losing a healthy habit. It's easier to lose a habit than to create one." I think I'm going to write that in my journal. Good to remember when life gets busy.

{{{SKINNY VIBES TO ALL}}}}}
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Yay, I'm glad HASFit is back, I'm on their Facebook fan group! He always makes me laugh with his comments like how you're running circles around people sitting on the couch. I miss doing their strength routines!

Not much new here, did Walmart pickup and ran errands. I'm doing the same workouts as before, nothing new or exciting there. I need to get new weights, I'm routinely checking stock everywhere and calling places. I know I should suck it up and just buy them from someone price gauging but it's wrong to do that and I don't want to reward those that do. My gym membership is frozen until the pool opens so if I don't get them by then I'll just skip it and do it there, just not worth it until then as I don't want to do anything to make my lower body worse at this point as I want to be on steroids as little as possible.

Thanks for the kudos on speaking up! I'm way more expressive writing than I am in person, I'm kind of shy and hate confrontation but am trying to be better at sticking up for myself.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    SW: 248
    PW: 218.6
    CW: 220.2
    LTD: 27.8
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain @Cornanda @TwistedSassette @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Unfortunately, I'm up this week...I don't know what happened, I stayed under my points and did pretty well. I think it just happens sometimes. :(

@TwistedSassette Well done on your day and woo hoo for the scale dropping!!! What great NSVs too. You are doing so well.

@TeresaW1020 I bet the church looks really nice with all of that work. I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

@Cornanda I'll have to check them out, thanks for the recommendation.

@Katmary71 That's exactly how I am. I'm even more proud you spoke up now that I know you are like that!

Hi all. As you saw above, I gained 1.6 lbs and I'm very, very disappointed. I expected a loss this week and I'm not sure what happened. I guess I'll chalk it up to the body's mysteries. I've planned out my meals for next week and it should be a better week.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 186.5
    CW: 186.2
    LTD: 78.2
    Month: 1.0

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    This week everyone back in the groove!!! Wut, wut!

My daughter’s Let’s Dance for Switch arrived yesterday and she promptly challenged me. Their definition of easy is so different then mine- 30 minutes in and I had 3 glasses of water and shed my sweater, but it was so much fun.
    The dog was so confused 😁
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    Friday
    PW: 163.8
    CW: 163.6

As the IRS have now extended the filing deadline to May 17th, I feel a lot less stressed and gave myself permission to take a little break to read the 41 posts since I checked in last week!

Weight is holding steady - although I am sitting still more, I also am not eating as much - no time in Tax Season :D

Have a good week!
  • Cornanda
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    3/19
    PW: 178.3
    CW: 179

+ 0.7

LTD: 12.1

Shoulda kept a few of those skinny vibes for myself!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @trooworld - you had big loss last week and only a little gain this week. Focus on your new skills of meal prepping and healthy snacking. The body is very mysterious.

@TeresaW1020 - You had a nice little drop, I suspect you may have wanted more? Your rock solid determination will keep the scale going down.

@GabiV125 - Just dance is fun and can get you sweaty! Your confused dog made me smile.

@gwamajtw91 - my Dad is a CPA, so I know how fun this time of year is. I bet that extension felt extra special good.

Happy Friday all!

Lisa
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 269
    LTD: 31
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I love change happens! I'm sorry you're up, I hope next week is better for you. Honestly sometimes the body just doesn't make sense.

@GabiV125 That sounds so fun and it's awesome you're doing it!

Nothing new, it's raining so my body is being a drama queen. I can't wait for summer but I'll have to get new shorts with the weight I've put on. I can't wait to lay outside with the sun on my legs. I'm supposed to help in the food bank garden tomorrow, I'll definitely pick up stuff to grow seedlings for them but will have to see on direct sowing with the weather.
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (2/27/2021): 265.4
    3/6/2021: 264.2 (-1.2)
    3/13/2021: 263.6 (-0.6)
    3/20/2021: 262.4 (-1.2)
    3/27/2021:

Good Saturday morning to everyone. Continuing my slow march down the scale. Definitely the tortoise not the hare and that is just fine with me. More likely to keep it off in the long run.
    Our state opened up to 45 and older for Covid vaccines and I got my first shot yesterday.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 269.2
    CW: 269.0
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    User: RYcare
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 232.6
    CW:232.6
    LTD: 22.4

I stepped 3 different times on the scale this morning and still got the same number like last week. It’s ok given all the good food I ate at my parents house when I visited for 4 days last week. The girls and I had a great time, we tried to do trails and bike but it was too cold so we stayed inside and went shopping at the Mall of America.
This discussion has been closed.