Mission Slimpossible - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    cgxepz36fppe.jpg

Wahooooo Slimpossibles for being Week’s three top winners and the winner of the Green Challenge! We lost 19.5 lbs!! Congrats to @bmotisko, @Vegan4lyfe2012, and @davidji82 for making it to the top three of the Slimpossibles this week. Who will be the winners next week!! :grin:

@laurafthul Welcome to the group! We are happy you are here and encourage you to jump right in and make yourself at home. :)

@Jactop I totally agree that getting rid of the sugar and refined carbs helps with fasting. I’m sure your weigh-in will be great this week! :)

@raleighgirl09 OK, it’s time for you to refocus and remember all the reasons you wanted to lose over 100 lbs. and get that determination and commitment to yourself back in action. Now that it’s spring can you start getting out more and walking? And no more food heist with your partner in crime! :p

@eahrenee Great weigh-in this week!! That is great that you are liking your new workout. We want our workouts to challenge us but not kill us. ;)

@Katmary71 Yes, you should ask your boyfriend for help. Especially if you are hauling dirt! You take it easy so you can continue being the growing queen. B)

@Cornanda Yup, hunger is not an emergency! Fasting has taught me that lesson. You will know it’s a craving if eating a big bowl of broccoli (insert veggie of your choice here) sounds pretty good to you. :)

@TwistedSassette, Fun parties happen, and you are meant to enjoy them. But you are back on track and that is great! That is good that you will be able to get your shots. :)

Hi Team! Today was grocery shopping day, so I did that. I also did a good workout and worked on things that are my to-do-list. Don’t you just love when you can cross things off your list? I had so many things crossed off that I had to make a new list! :grin: I also took dinner to a friend who just had her fourth eye surgery to try to keep her retina attached. Poor thing has been through such an ordeal! :#

2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 189.9
    Current Weight: 192.8
  • Jactop
    Options
    WTH??? I'm probably the first person in history to gain weight from fasting. I weighed myself at least 8 times to be sure and yup I'm up a whole 2.5 lbs from the morning before. I think my body knows I'm up to something and is doing what it can to retaliate. I wish there was a way to measure cortisol as I'm sure mine was over the top this week.

I worked out 7 days this week; 2 weight workouts, 2 HIIT workouts and 3 longer steady state cardio workouts.

I fasted every other day; 3 days for 15-17 hrs and 19 hrs yesterday. I was going to push it to 24 hrs but I started feeling a little loopy around 3 so I had a low carb protein bar then a 600 cal dinner 3 hrs later. And nothing but water until morning.

This is day 34 of no sugar. I eat refined carbs occasionally but keep the portions small so i dont get a blood sugar spike. My blood sugar has been great and in the lower end of the normal range

I don't think I want to tweak anything yet. I'm hoping if I persist it will pay off.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @Jactop - that is so disappointing! You worked hard this week. Sounds like you already know that, but I wanted to say it to you myself. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    AustinRuadhain
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 143.1
    CW (Current Weight): 142.4

Quick check-in here. I am going to catch up reading in the morning. But yay to getting to be on the green team this week!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette You're right of course, a relationship is a partnership! I was single for 20 years and my last relationship broke up over my health so I'm not used to having or needing to lean on someone. Your omelet sounds awesome, I never thought of putting tuna in an omelet!

@TeresaW1020 I love crossing things off my list!

@Jactop I had to laugh at that gaining from fasting, what the heck? It could be inflammation from all the workouts maybe?

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That is my plan this week! Yay for the scale being down!!!

@TwistedSassette That sounds like a fun party. Wow, it sounds like you are getting a lot of rain!

@Jactop Oh no, that stinks! I hate when I work really hard and then whomp whomp, a gain. :( Hang in there and next week will be better.

Hi all. I had to work onsite yesterday and all things considered, I think I did pretty well.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    WTH??? I'm probably the first person in history to gain weight from fasting. I weighed myself at least 8 times to be sure and yup I'm up a whole 2.5 lbs from the morning before. I think my body knows I'm up to something and is doing what it can to retaliate. I wish there was a way to measure cortisol as I'm sure mine was over the top this week.

I worked out 7 days this week; 2 weight workouts, 2 HIIT workouts and 3 longer steady state cardio workouts.

I fasted every other day; 3 days for 15-17 hrs and 19 hrs yesterday. I was going to push it to 24 hrs but I started feeling a little loopy around 3 so I had a low carb protein bar then a 600 cal dinner 3 hrs later. And nothing but water until morning.

This is day 34 of no sugar. I eat refined carbs occasionally but keep the portions small so i dont get a blood sugar spike. My blood sugar has been great and in the lower end of the normal range

I don't think I want to tweak anything yet. I'm hoping if I persist it will pay off.

@Jactop You ARE NOT the only person in history to gain with IF. Especially in the beginning! My first couple of months on IF, I didn’t see any loss on the scale and even had a 2.5 lb gain the first month that I started. IF is about health and before it will help you lose weight it will start working on you from the inside out. Please read this article from Gin Stephens, https://www.ginstephens.com/all-blog-posts/category/intermittent-fasting

You know that cortisol has a huge impact on our weight and starting something new like IF is going to put your body under stress. Doing the amount and type of exercise that you are doing is going have your muscles retaining water, which is why I don’t work out the day before my weigh-in and I drink extra water on that day to flush it out.

I am convinced after reading everything you posted that you are doing everything right and I so encourage you to keep at it! And wayyyy to go on 34 days of no sugar!! I feel that is one of the best health benefits you are doing for yourself. The weight loss will come!! <3
  • Jactop
    Options
    @laurafthul welcome to the team
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @Jactop - that is so disappointing! You worked hard this week. Sounds like you already know that, but I wanted to say it to you myself. :)

Thank you for the reminder. I did work hard and I should focus on that and what I can accomplish if I keep repeating those behaviors.

And I didn't do all of the steps in the Beck book either. It felt overwhelming so I read the whole book then went back and picked 1 thing to work on and that was recognizing hunger and why I was eating. Hunger is not an emergency resinated with me as well

@eahrenee your 5x5 program sounds interesting. I hope you keep posting your progress.

@Katmary71 your comment about independence makes me think of my mother. She's 83 and can't do a lot for herself but asking for help is what keeps her independent.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for the encouragement. You're right about fixing things from the inside out. My goal is to get my A1C into the normal range so I need to stay focused on that and not get sidetracked or discouraged by what the scale says.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,391 Member
    Options
    You have a new member joining you ...Please welcome @Jypsy1 :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @TwistedSassette - woke up to news that your rain/flooding has caused swarms of spiders to run to higher ground (saw a video- awful!) and that the trees are full of snakes for the same reason! Hope you are dry and without vermin!

@Jactop - I felt the same way about Beck. It just wasn't flowing for me. The steps were very specific and I found them confusing. I am a big believer in CBT and I think her ideas approach weight loss from an angle that is new to me. I'm doing much better working on 1 topic at a time.
  • dignow96
    dignow96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    WTH??? I'm probably the first person in history to gain weight from fasting.

@Jactop Not at all, it never ceases to amaze me how the body can react, especially when it’s getting used to something new. I’ve been IFing for several years now and down to a 3 to 4 hour window for almost a year. One of the folks I listen to quite a bit on the subject of IF is Thomas DeLauer. He practices what he preaches and provides a ton a real data/science to back up what he’s talking about. He can sometimes come across a little too teacher-y but the good outweighs the bad. He just posted up a quick video earlier today about gaining while on IF. You can check it out here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMxAyLohG1w/?igshid=mhswexw37xjx.

His YouTube channel is a great resource too:
    https://youtube.com/c/ThomasDeLauerOfficial

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member joining your team ....Please welcome @fierce1alicia :)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I feel you - I am such a list person! I get it from my Mum, she loves a good list too. It's a great feeling when you cross things off!

@Jactop Sending hugs your way. Bodies are weird, they never seem to respond the way we think! The good news is, you know you didn't eat enough to gain 2.5 lbs OVERNIGHT! So you're right, keep at it and your persistence will pay off.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss this week!

@Katmary71 I have put tuna in an omelette before with corn as well, it was nice. This time I added lemon juice and it was amazing!

Welcome @Jypsy1 and @fierce1alicia !!

@Cornanda Hahahha yeah I saw those videos as well! Luckily we aren't anywhere near the coast or rivers where the flooding is happening badly, I could not deal with those spiders! We are just enduring a mouse plague here, which is bad enough. We have managed to block them from getting into our house, luckily, but my parents are in a house that is about 100 years old on their farm and it's impossible to seal it properly from them. They have caught over 55 mice in the last few days, inside the house! Pretty sure the hay stockpile would be destroyed by now as well. They're awful critters.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was good! I ate on plan, did some walking and rode 10 miles on my stationary bike in the evening, before meditating and getting off to bed at an ok time - still have some work to do there I think, as the mornings are very difficult to convince myself to get out of bed. I won't be meeting my goal re exercising in the mornings before work!

Today I have been active at work so far, climbed a flight of stairs and wasn't completely winded when I got to the top so that was a win! I plan to do some more walking and either a bike ride or some yoga tonight. Or both if I get the time. Hubby made some cheese and bacon bread rolls last night, so I have shuffled around my foods to make room for one for my lunch! He makes the nicest bread, but not very often.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    etcz9gl5k9xm.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    You have another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @frankfindshomes :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I did not one but two workouts yesterday trying to negate the damage from Saturday's birthday gathering. I am going to try to work out at least once today but I have a migraine and it's hard to exercise with your head pounding. :( Those that do YouTube video workouts: have you noticed that they have started putting commercials in the middle of workout videos now, too? It used to be that there weren't commercials during workout videos (at least it seemed that way to me) and it is so annoying.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jactop
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I wanted to send you a big THANK YOU for the great job you're doing as one of our team captains. As I was writing my post for your weekly challenge I realized how many of my latest healthy habits and motivation can be attributed to you. All the work you do for our team is very much appreciated. We're so lucky to have you.

@TeresaW1020 and @dignow96 thanks for the IF links and encouragement. Lots of good info I can't wait to dive into.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    PW 2/23:218.0
    Check in weight (3/2/2021): 219.0
    Check in weight (3/9/2021): ?
    Check in weight (3/16/2021):217.4
    Check in weight (3/23):216.3

I'm pleased!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 129.6 lb
    CW: 129.4 lb
    0.2 per week for 3 weeks in a row is the slowest I can go, but it’s in the right direction therefore good.

I’m getting my caboose kicked everyday by my 14yo daughter at Let’s Dance and I’m having so much fun.
    Also, my walking improved greatly with the weather change, so I’m hoping in a month to get to my pre-Christmas weight.
  • fierce1alicia
    fierce1alicia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!! I'm new. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Alicia, I live in New Jersey. I'm a wife, mom, now homeschool teacher too (hopefully not forever), part time secretary/photographer for my husbands business. I am turning 40 this year and don't want to spend the next decade fat. So this is the year. Actually, the best year because in NJ you still don't get to see many people, I will re-emerge from under the 2020 rock as a fantastic weight lose story for all times! Or at least lose 50lbs. BUT I am going for epic proportions.

Anyway, I can't wait to start the April challenge with you all. I am new to actually being consistent with logging my meals on mfp and I have been on the keto diet for 2 weeks now. I finally found something where I actually lose weight. Cause hey, who doesn't want to eat bacon everyday and be thin. Hello, your waistline is calling and it smells fantastic. lol. I think fat2fit is great because not only am I sure that I will need a support system, but I am super competitive and as a housewife I don't have an outlet for that usually. So that makes this challenge all the more alluring.

My goals:

I am on a strict keto diet of only 20g of carb a day. On top of that I track all my macros to a percentage rate for every meal and snack I eat for consistency. Everything that I consume is measured & tracked.

I need to step it up a notch and actually exercise. Getting into ketosis was rough, but I put my bag of excuses in the back of the closet. Now its time to work. I want a minimum of 3 days of hard core work a week. If I don't sweat then I didn't exercise.

This discussion has been closed.