Mission Slimpossible - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk Yup, you know that those Rocky biscuits are chocolate, so you better get to folding! :grin:

@vegan4lyfe2012 Fingers are cross that the scale is good to you this week!! :)

@itsmegina I think staying in maintenance is good for the body so it can adjust and then if you want to lose a bit more you can figure out what tweaks you need to make. Are you close to your goal weight now? :)

@dignow96 Yeah, images can post really big on this site. I always resize mine before posting. But it’s ok to be a showoff once in a while. Especially when you have something so impressive to show off! ;)

@Katmary71 No seeds and no flowers is frustrating when you specifically went for both of those things. I completely think that meds have a lot to do with weight gain. Also, the stress of pain also has a huge impact on you. Do you have a date for the biopsy yet? Prayers that it will be negative! <3

@bmotisko that is great that the fluid retention has left and you had such a great loss this week. You just keep on pushing and you will reach your goal. B)

@Firefly743 Nice loss this week!! :)

@mlhopp93 Yup, as we say around here a loss is a loss and that is always worth celebrating! I hear you about needing to refocus. I’m doing that this week too. ;)

Good morning Team! Sorry, I missed yesterday posting but after a day spent at the church with our kid event, I was worn out. We had such a good time though, but I did eat off plan and this week I HAVE to get it together. Hubby and I are going back to Savannah, GA where we got married in October for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Along with all the planning I will do to ensure we have an amazing trip, I really want to go back at goal weight. Ten years ago when we got married, I hadn’t reached the weight loss goals that I had wanted. This time it’s going to be different. I know what works for my body and now I just have to get consistent and determined and I will make it happen!! Then I will go and eat all the things!! :D
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    DAY 39 - Keep Up with Exercise
    Sticking to a regular exercise regimen for a lifetime can be as difficult for some people as sticking to a diet. It takes time, energy, and persistence. Are you an all-or-nothing exerciser? Finding an exercise that you enjoy doing is very important so that you will stick to it.

It took me a very long time to become consistent with exercise but once I did it’s so much easier to make it part of my life. I love how exercise makes my body feel. I’m so much stronger and flexible than I’ve ever been. What are your feelings about exercise? Is it a priority or do you struggle with physical activity?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @mlhopp93 Absolutely, it is! Well done!

And well done, @bmotisko too! I'm glad the fluid released.

@Katmary71 That sounds like a frustrating day. I hope today is better.

@dignow96 Gosh, that's great! I did Couch25K about 7 years ago but never got the hang of jogging. I was sooooooo slow, there were walkers walking faster than me lol.

Hi all. I'm doing really well so far this week. I've stuck to my meal plan and haven't snacked. I'm about to go for a walk with my husband and dog and then prep for the week.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    User: Digger61
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 201
    CW:201
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Our Week 3 Challenge is up and ready for you! A bit of healthy cleaning up, anyone?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10827400/week-3-the-equinox-challenge/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Wayyyyy to rock out the week Slimpossibles!!! B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

leee73f52exr.png
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi Slims- short on time, so just a pop in......

Yay Slims for being top of the board this week! Saw several more excellent losses posted today! Congrats to all!

@Katmary71 - Hope things come out well with the biopsy. Thinking of you.

@dignow96 - You maybe have just inspired me to try running again. Maybe. It's never going to be my thing, but I think I might be able to handle short bursts. Your pace is definitely something to be proud of and your photo montage is super cool. Great motivator!

@TeresaW1020 - I think this trip is going to be great motivation for you!

@trooworld- you inspired me yesterday. I searched out a pair of pants in my closet that is the next size down and tried them on. I can zip them! So excited!

Have a good rest of your day!

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    p13bmt4naquo.png
    1jllkwmzbwoa.png
    d3twlqtxg8x3.png
    g9u7cr5vuauk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    hhnz9qcuantl.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    3w3z3qe7pdv1.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @dignow96 3.05 %
    2nd @kerdil08 2.53%
    3rd @hope002 2.31 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @dignow96 8.8 Lbs
    2nd @lelbarou 5.2 Lbs
    3rd @kerdil08 5.1Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @mxlaw90
    @trooworld
    @888Angie888
    @Aqualang26
    @Terytha
    @annliz23
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @apple852hk
    @smaidiigaa

noouya2g0jk4.png

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    What a busy day. I go back to work tomorrow after 8 weeks off. So I had to get ready. I prepared my meals for the week, I drive truck and most week I leave Monday and get back Friday. So I pack my meals. Got my walking in and now to unwind and get to bed. Have a great night everyone!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @dignow96 Nice loss! Wow, what great progress you've made. Inspiring!

@Cornanda Woo hoo! How exciting! I'm glad I inspired you to try them. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 What a fantastic loss! Well done!

@TwistedSassette Thank you! I'm going to try to use the acupressure mat every day as it is helping with my sleep (FINALLY, something that helps!). Well, now you know about Pi Day for next year! ;) I'm glad you had a great time on your mini break. Awww...I love the pictures, so cute! Enjoy the time with your mom.

Hi all. I enjoyed my pie for Pi Day and am back on the horse lol. It's good to see we lost so much, well done, team!

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    Monday
    PW: 190.8
    CW: 189.9
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @dignow96 Dude, you should totally be tooting your horn!! B) Your weight loss has been incredible and very inspiring to us all. What I am very impressed with is your determination to become fit and healthy. Yet that doesn’t stop you from enjoying a fun night out with your friend indulging in food and drinks because you know what to do to get right back on track. The kind of living your doing is exactly what I want for my own life. Thanks for showing us that it can be done!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wahhooo, what a great weigh-in! Yup, you just gotta keep doing what works. :)

@TwistedSassette Fathead is very tasty, but really high in calories and loaded with cheese, so I only splurge on it once in a while. ;) Yes, I loved snuggling that newborn! I love the pics of your little guy at the zoo. I know you had the best time just watching him have so much fun. That is great that your mum is coming to stay. Maybe set some boundaries for yourself. Allow yourself to have some fun with her but don’t let it completely derail all your progress. It’s all about balance!

@digger61 It’s going to be an adjustment getting back to work but you can do it! :)

@Jactop yayyy for the loss this week! B)

@eahrenee Nice loss this week! I find exercising to be a great stress reliever. Just take it slow and drink lots of water because lifting can temporarily make the scale bounce up from water retention. You might know that already, but when I first started lifting it freaked me out to suddenly have a jump on the scale. :#

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I worked out this morning and then did a bunch of cleaning and laundry. This weekend a friend asked me what I’ve done to lose weight. She could really tell that I’ve lost a lot since she first met me a couple of years ago. I told her about IF and low carb and she was super interested. I took her my fasting book by Gin Stephen’s yesterday. Then my pastor’s wife texted me that she wants to have lunch to talk about weight loss, so we are doing that tomorrow. I have NEVER had people ask me for weight loss advice. Kind of cool, huh? It’s also very motivating and I’m going to do whatever I can to stay hyper-focused. I have seven months to lose 30 lbs. before my anniversary trip. It will be a challenge for sure! Today, was day one of back to no sugar, clean fasting for 22 hours, and keeping it strict Keto.
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    The next three days in the Beck book are mostly about wrapping up what we have learned over the last six weeks. I’m going to cover them all at this time.

DAY 40- Enrich Your Life- This chapter is about the importance of enriching our lives and not waiting until we reach our goal weight. Don’t put your life on hold! Start living fully right away. Expanding your activities lifts your mood and increases your chances of diet success.

DAY 41-Keep Your Skills Fresh- Beck talks about how we have learned many skills that will help us reach our goal weight. Some of these skills we will do daily, such as eating healthy, slowing down, eating with mindfulness, and giving ourselves credit for doing things right. Some things we will do once a day or week, such as weighing ourselves, exercising, using anti-craving techniques, problem-solving to reduce stress, and taking steps to enrich our lives.

DAY 42-Practice!-we are told to prepare for the future and that means we practice, practice, practice. We learned a set of powerful skills. In order to incorporate them fully into your life, you’ll need to keep practicing these techniques over and over. Then you’ll be ready for the tougher times. You’ll know exactly what to do, and you’ll get through these more difficult periods. One of the most important skills you need to fortify is getting back on track. From time to time, you may eat things you hadn’t planned or miss some exercise sessions. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes—but correct them immediately.

Team! Thanks to those who followed along with the daily posting from the Beck book. I hope you got something out of it. I know I sure did! I plan to reread the book and do it again at my own pace. We all know that we can use all the skills we can get because losing weight is hard. But together it does feel easier. <3
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    @digger61 Glad to hear you're back on deck, so to speak! Great job getting prepared and best of luck for your first day & week back in the truck.

@Jactop Nice loss!

@eahrenee Good work, all those small losses add up.

@TeresaW1020 That's great that you were asked for weight loss advice - and not once, but twice! But wait, is this the pastor's wife who just had a baby? Yeesh, make sure she knows that "losing the baby weight" is not that important right now!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was good! I ate on plan, did a 30 minute walk and rode my bike for another 10 mins after that, and meditated on my acupressure mat with a beautiful candle burning. That was the best part of my day, honestly! I'd had a tension headache on and off all day, it was getting worse the later the day went, and paracetamol wasn't touching it at all. I talked myself into exercising anyway which didn't make it better or worse. But just 10 mins on the acupressure mat with the pillow under my neck and I could feel allllllll the tension just drain away. It was a lovely way to finish my day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    c2zzchj0y1bj.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @dignow96 Wow, 10 miles is amazing, wtg! Very inspiring pictures!

@TeresaW1020 When is your 10 year anniversary? Thank you for the Beck posts! I put a hold on it through the library but it hasn't gone through yet, I'm looking forward to reading it as you've provided a lot of great information to the group.

As far as exercise you know how I feel about it, it's very important! I still do it even though it's hard, honestly I group the cardio as for mental health then stretching and strength for mobility. It's so hard to move now I don't want it to get worse and everyone who can no longer move limbs regrets NOT working out because it's why they became less mobile. I know my legs and feet will become immobile if I stop stretching. I'm grateful every day that I'm not in a wheelchair yet and want to put it off as long as possible. Plus I HATE asking for help so I need to stay as strong and independent as possible.

@TwistedSassette The zoo looks like a lot of fun, I love that picture of your son on the turtle!

@digger61 Sounds like you did some great planning!

@trooworld I have to Google this mat, how cool!

@eahrenee Let me know how you like that program. I bought a few weight lifting books then COVID started and I haven't been able to get stronger weights so I'm just doing what I can but would like to eventually do a program. I know it's one of the top three women's programs talked about for weight lifting on the forums.

Lots of great losses Slimpossibles, way to go!

Hi everyone! Not much new on this end, went to my parent's house for my Mom's birthday Saturday night and had the chance to see my family. I'm probably going to be helping my nephews on Mondays with school as my SIL will be in the classroom then and the boys will need to be online for their classes. Tomorrow I'm going to get my hair done then Wednesday is my biopsy. Still doing limited workouts. I'm super hungry but don't want to gain anymore weight so I'm waiting to eat until dinner.

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Wow Slims Lots of great losses again! Way to go!

@TeresaW1020 That's great (but not surprising) that people are looking to you for weight loss advise. Your accomplishments are inspiring.

@Dignow96 love the progression pics. I went back and reread your intro so I could put a timeline with the photos. Your transformation is so impressive. Thanks for sharing your pics and story

@digger61 I'm in awe of your ability to plan and pack a weeks worth of meals. That takes some skill

@TwistedSassette love the pics. Makes me want to rent a kid and plan a trip to the zoo

So I just had my bloodwork done. After 6 months of eating lower carb, exercising almost daily and 4 weeks of no sugar I was excited to see the results (like being graded on a paper you worked so hard on) My cholesterol went way down, below what is acceptable for regular people. Since I've had heart issues my cardiologist says it needs to be better than good so I'm pleased with where it is.

I had a decent drop in my fasting glucose but my A1C didn't budge which surprised me. I'm currently in the prediabetic range but I'd like to get it low enough for my Dr to take me off the meds I didn't think I needed to start with.

I also had a nice little drop in my wbc and lymphocytes (leukemia) which means I still don't need treatment. Yay!

I've been on the fence about trying IF. I think this might be a good time to add it to what I'm already doing and see what happens in the next 3 months

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    AustinRuadhain
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 143.5
    CW (Current Weight): 143.1

Monday Check-in
    🟢Food: weighed, logged, in green
    🟢Exercise: 45+ min (6 days)
    🔴Steps: 10K/day - not a terrible day, but not going to make 10K today; I need to take a page form @TwistedSassette 's book and be checking in my goals earlier. Tomorrow!
    🟢Meditation: 10+
    🟢Strength Training (6 days)

I am sorry to have been quiet the last few days. A big project has been eating my lunch. Life should be back to normal Wednesday.

@Jactop - HURRAY to your improving health numbers!
    I have been paying more attention to my fasting window, inspired by so many people here, and think it is helpful. It also gets recommended for health reasons in a number of science studies, including some interesting ones with cancer patients (see Dr Valter Longo).

@Katmary71
    I so hope the biopsy goes well and is useful. Your willpower (resisting food until dinner) is inspiring!

@TwsitedSassette
    Your boy is sosoSO cute!
    I love your inner peace graphic. I have been getting in more meditation this month, and it is making a big difference!

@TeresaW1020
    I LOVE that people are asking you about weight loss because you are so obviously more fit and trim! You are such a leader i so many places in life!

@eahrenee
    Congrats on the great weigh-in! And enjoy the lifting! I love lifting weights.

@vegan4lyfe2012
    Booyah! I am so happy for you! What a great weigh-in! All your hard work is paying off!

SO many people having such a great week!
    @dignow96 @apple852hk @trooworld - Congrats on being on the leaderboard!

@TeresaW1020
    The Beck book is so rich. Every single post has so much to chew on.
    My favorite piece today was Enrich Your Life. It's so important to enjoy life now. I have been trying to remember to enjoy my teenage son and my vexing project and all the things. And on a good day, I remember to enjoy what's in my mouth when I put things there, and then that helps me not to keep shoveling things in.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I need to pick up the Beck book again. I just got overwhelmed by the amount of reading and lost my place. I will start again this weekend, I think. Congratulations on getting through it!

@TwistedSassette That's great that your headache went away on the acupressure mat. I also laid on my mat and listened to a sleepcast on Headspace.

@Katmary71 It's pretty cool but can be painful at first. I'd say for the first 2 minutes, I'm in pain and then my pain receptors release endorphins and it doesn't hurt. That's great that you have an opportunity to spend time with your nephews helping with school. I hope the biopsy goes well.

@Jactop Wow, great results, congratulations! I hope IF works out for you, it does for so many people.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! And good luck with your project!

Hi all. Yesterday went really well: usually if I have to go into the office, I get into the vending machines at work, but yesterday, I brought cut-up pineapple and a banana and I didn't go to the vending machines at all! I ended the day exactly where I needed to be.

This discussion has been closed.