Mission Slimpossible - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 681 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    dignow96 wrote: »

All of that aside - my strength is going up noticeably, my weight is coming down, my clothes fit like I have an actual shape. For the first time since I was, I don't know, a teenager - I have some muscle definition.

So there ya have it. That's probably a lot more about how I eat, and workout than y'all were bargaining for, but there ya have it. You may or may not have been able to tell, but I've got a tiny, itsy, bitsy competitive streak in me, so I'm a big fan of teams, scores, and challenges. I'm really pleased to be back in the F2F group and looking forward to seeing how we rank week to week.

Dude - seriously. You win. That's like the best intro ever! I am in Raleigh, NC and if the world ever calms down and you come around for family - reach on out and let's meet and have drinks and (a sensible) lunch!

You laid out an amazing journey of learning about who you are as a person who wants to/needs to lose weight and what you've done to get yourself on the road. These are all of the things we discuss and kick around here, in our lovely little space. The SlimSters, SlimPeeps, SlimaLoos are so happy to have a bunch of new family moving into our happy corner. B)

Welcome. =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 681 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in (serving for several missed dayzzzzzz)

Hiya gang - old (in only the kindest way) gang and NEW GANG!! Intro on me!

My name is Maria, married with 5 grown boys between us and living part time in Raleigh, NC and part time in Morehead City, NC; I go from mid-inland to the coast on the reg'luh. Was 300ish pounds and a size 26 back in the day and am now in the 180 range and a size 10/12. I have been almost to goal weight as of last September and then....well, now I seem to be languishing and not really going anywhere. To be truthful - I have not been trying super hard. I seem to be fairly stable but the tides could turn at any moment and take me into the abyss and that is what I am working to avoid. Even if I maintain at this weight/size and take some time to every getting around to losing the last 20 pounds and pants/dress size, i'd be ok with it.

I was a COVID unemployed and have now landed the dream job (ermuhgerd, they love Maria and she loves 'em BACK) and, funnily enough, the last round of weight loss went upupUP with a new job in 2017 so I am working to avoid that pattern. Maintain. Breathe. MAINTAIN. BREATHE.

latherrinserepeat

I am one of the motivators on the team - and I saved this for mid-intro because I really feel I can be sporadic, and have been the last week or so. I'm working to get back to the daily - I LOVE reading about everyone and their day and journey, and try to get to responses to all but life can interrupt that thought.

WELCOME new team members. You've landed in a really great 'hood. If you ever wondered if there is a place on the 'net that is not judgey and not hateful, this is the place. All eating plans and styles are welcome. All philosophies. Jump in with questions - jump in with words of encouragement. Jump in with fears and doubts. All of us have those days - no matter how far it seems someone has come, no matter how long they have been at it.

It's a journey with a start and a road ahead. So glad you found this road. <3

Maria
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Wow! Seeing Slims all over the boards and mentions for the week. Congrats to all!

@TwistedSassette - I'm a nurse and needles are not that bad- especially with a beautiful son like that. Just not as easy as the normal way..... Admiring your drive and dedication

@AustinRuadhain - lol, you cleaned your garage and saved your kitchen with new found bubble wrap. Go YOU!

@TeresaW1020 --Happy HAPPY Birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed your day and that your family was so good to you. You can get back on track tomorrow.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you! I love the graphic. Yay for a good day! Thanks for the audiobook recommendation. I put it on hold at the library.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! That's impressive that you turned around your day on Monday. Well done!

@TeresaW1020 What a wonderful birthday! I hope you enjoyed the wine, too. :D

Hello all. Well after I declared that I was going to turn things around, I ended up sabotaging myself with a couple of handfuls of peanuts. :( I don't know why I do this to myself. I did have a sensible dinner: quinoa kale minestrone soup with a "light" grilled cheese sandwich.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That puzzle is ridiculous! Some of my coworkers like to put puzzles together during their breaktime. I usually add a couple pieces just to say I contributed tee hee hee. So glad you had a great Birthday yesterday! Sounds like your hubby is a keeper…even if he can’t cook!

@Cornanda Yup. TOM’s a man because all he does is annoy me! Hahaha! I just got the shipping notification for the Beck books, so hopefully I’ll have them soon.

@RYcare I’m with you on the job location. When I was going to work each day, it gave me a solid break from my daughter. I was also running up and down 3 flights of stairs throughout the day and walking hallways to visit other departments. Now, just going in on Tuesday mornings, I am totally out of breath just going up the stairs to my office. I’m glad I have my own office because I am literally huffing and puffing by the time I get there. So embarrassing.

@eahrenee What an awesome loss!

@trooworld I’m so sorry about the family member. I can completely commiserate with you on comfort eating because of that. I’m sure you’ll get back on the wagon in no time, though. Hopefully you’re able to deal with the family member in a way that is healthy for your mind. Hugs, lady.

@bethanie0825 Sending lots of healing hugs your way, chica!

@AustinRuadhain I’m glad you’re doing good and I will check out the Designing Your Life info! Thanks for sharing the link.

@Jactop Woo Hoo! Nice loss!

@GabiV125 It’s so rough getting towards the end in it becomes excruciatingly slow. You’ve got this, tho!

@TwistedSassette Wow! A picture is worth a thousand words. I hope all your family and friends made sure they were up to date and didn’t have a bad attitude! And wowzers on going underground at the mine…I am so claustrophobic, I can barely manage underground parking! I want to mention that your updates are so encouraging to me. That you’d have a donut in the morning, but just get right back to it by adjusting instead of throwing in the towel for the day (like I would). You are awesome!

Well, I had everything logged yesterday and was over calories by about 30, which is fantastic for me. The problem? I still had another several hours of being up and when my daughter got home from work, she wanted me to make some pasta salad. So…at 10pm I’m shoving vegan bakon ranch pasta salad in my face. I wasn’t too hungry, but it was so good! At least I make my own mayo and ranch out of tofu and the “bakon” and “cheese” are soy, so it’s not too unhealthy…mainly the pasta is the problem. BUT I will say that I only ate about 2 servings…whereas any other time I would have eaten half the bowl. So I did restrain myself a tiny bit. So I ended the day over maintenance, but I’m not going to blow it out of context and do my usual “screw it”. I haven’t made that pasta salad in months, so I’m ok with it.

Well, gotta run! Off to get tortured by my physical therapist. He thinks he’s so funny making me do all the exercises. I just lovingly fuss at him.

Oh - I keep forgetting to add my 2021 mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    PW 2/23:218.0
    Check in weight (3/2/2021): 219.0
    Check in weight (3/9/2021):
    Check in weight (3/16/2021):
    Check in weight (3/23):

Well! I'm back to square one from a month ago. It's been a weird week weight wise (say that 3 times fast!). I feel super PMS'y and bloaty, so maybe it's that. I feel better, stronger and a lil smaller, so that is good.

Have a great month all!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    2/10: 130lb
    2/17: 131.4lb
    2/24: 130.4lb
    3/3: 130.0 lb

I played over these 2lb for 8 weeks now and hopefully time to move on. Fingers crossed for next week. In this week challenge I’m doing minimum 15 minutes of intentional exercise daily, besides my dog walking routine. Key word is daily, not 15 😁
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Funnily enough, there was another temptation yesterday with some Tim Tams that someone brought in to work (if you don't know what these are, it's probably best to keep it that way as they are addictive) and I thought of your message about punching someone instead (lol) and managed to resist having any. Also didn't punch anyone, so, you know...win-win!
    I'm glad that you had a great birthday, it certainly sounds like a lot of fun!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Awww thank you for the super kind words! Resilience is something I have been working on for some time, believe me it wasn't always like that in my head! It's actually partly because of my son, I want to instill resilience in him because I think that's lacking in so many of our younger generation these days, and I kind of realised that it's what I needed as well. I am generally resilient with the big life stuff, but not the little day to day stuff and I think that's important too!
    The pasta salad sounds great! I can't eat too much soy as it messes my hormones up even more than they already are but it's great that it works for you!

@leonadixon Feeling stronger is fantastic :smiley:

@GabiV125 Great job! I like that mentality - daily, not 15. Often it's the getting started that is the most difficult.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was good. Resisted a whole packet of Tim Tams! Though half the pack is still sitting there today so we'll see what happens lol. I tried a YouTube workout which was pilates using a yoga wheel - boy was it hard! I couldn't do everything so I modified some stuff and did fewer reps but my legs were jelly by the end so obviously got enough of a workout from it! Finished the day about 30 calories over budget, but had been slightly under the two days before so it's not a problem at all.
    I think I may have added too much salt to my spaghetti bolognese that I made last night, it tasted a bit salty and I am retaining some water according to the scale. Hoping it drops back off for weigh in tomorrow, but we are having pizza with friends tonight so that may be doubtful! The best thing about calorie tracking is that I know it's just water retention.
    Got to work this morning and found that the fridge in the kitchen wasn't working! Seems that mice may have chewed through the electrical wiring in the wall as the whole power socket isn't working. We had to quickly find another fridge on site to put our lunch in, and organise for someone to fix the power point! I hope the fridge itself isn't dead and will work when we can plug it back in.
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    Sleep: 19.6/213 hours (average 6.5 hours) - AT RISK
    Calorie Deficit: 2,553/17,085 calories (average 851 per day) - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 77/870 mins (average 26 per day) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/13 sessions - ON TRACK
    Facebook: 1.93/23 hours (average 38 mins per day) - ON TRACK
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Yikes! I Googled Tim Tams to find out what they were and girl, I can order them off Amazon and have them in my house by tomorrow. Now, I need to go punch somebody! :D Good for you for resisting them! You better set some mice traps while your fixing the wiring. :#

@GabiV125 Yup, playing with the same couple of pounds can be frustrating but at least your staying consistent. What is your goal weight? You must be fairly close. :)

@leonadixon HaHa I did try to say “it’s been a weird week weight wise” three times and it’s hard! :D You are going to get that scale going in the right direction this month. You just need to get through this week’s hormones.

@vegan4lyfe2012 You help with puzzles the way my husband helps with mine. :grin: Pasta salad would be a major temptation for me too. I’m actually going to make some tomorrow to go with the Buffalo chicken wings I’m making. Fingers crossed I will behave!

@trooworld Uggh the sabotage monster rages again! A couple of handfuls of peanuts could have been worse. Unless you have ginormous hands!! :p:D

Hey Team! So, listen to this craziness. Yesterday, I had that delicious birthday brunch, a big piece of chocolate cake, four Ferrero Rocher, and several cups of coffee with half-n-half, and my weight this morning was at another all-time low! Isn’t that crazy? :grin: I ended up not having the wine last night because by the time I came home from Bible study I was too tired. I’m going to have it tonight along with the last two pieces of chocolate. We will see what the scale does tomorrow.

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    DAY 27 – The Seven Question Technique
    Today was about mastering the seven-question technique described in the book. When you have sabotaging thoughts and thinking mistakes it’s important to ask certain questions to get your thoughts where they need to be so weight loss can continue in the right direction.
    Here is the list of questions to ask yourself when you have sabotaging thoughts. I put these questions on my phone so hopefully, I can stop and look them over before I end up eating something that is not part of my plan.
    Seven Question Technique:
    1) What kind of thinking error could I be making?
    2) What evidence is there that this thought is true or untrue?
    3) Is there another way to view the situation? What is it?
    4) What is the most realistic outcome of this situation?
    5) What is the effect of my believing this thought and what could be the effect of changing my thinking?
    6) What would I tell a close friend if that person were in this situation and had this thought?
    7) What should I do now?
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @Jactop
    WooHOO! Great weigh-in! It seems like just a little bit ago that you were trying to break into Onederland, and here you are sneaking up on the 180's!

@GabiV125
    You are doing so great! My husband had a similar experience -- no weight problem until his mid 30s, and then suddenly, boom, all the things he had been doing no longer worked.

@Beka3695
    Thank you for keeping track of breakthroughs and milestones, and posting them! That is so inspiring!

@TwistedSassette
    So glad you had such a good day yesterday! Homemade Pad Thai sounds delightful! I am envious of your having gotten enough sleep. I am short, and am about to go to bed early!

@TeresaW1020
    Your birthday sounds like it is being fabulous! And yes, sometimes it's time to celebrate!

More chatting in the morning. I am about to keel over, I am so sleepy!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @dignow96 Congratulations on your daughter's acceptance! I love your town, it's very intricate. Legos have come a long way from when we were kids, my older nephew has just about every Star Wars lego kit there is. I like that you're considered short, when I got to 5'4 I became the tallest female on my Mom's side!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you posted, I was thinking about you the other day. You can always write me at night if you want, I'll respond! I'm doing that countdown too, I've had endometriosis since I was a teen and my chronic pain stems from that surgery, I thought it was over but 2 years passed and it came back and now it's 2xs a month, I should see a doctor but you know how that goes, I'll be 50 in September so these stupid ovaries have to be almost out of eggs, right?! Sorry men!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 What an awesome puzzle! I definitely think herbs would do well, some are a little picky, how much sun does the room get? Bell peppers may not do as well without decent sun but for sure you can grow things like marjoram, mint, oregano, tarragon, catnip (of course I grow it) though parsley and basil would prefer a little sun. I found my basil hated full sun which is what I did last year, I normally make basil cubes for winter but I didn't have any out of 12 pots!

@Cornanda thank you, I appreciate it!

@bethanie0825 I'm sorry to hear things are stressful at work right now, know that we're here for you no matter what.

@RYcare Happy 3 months, it seems like you've been here longer in a good way!

@trooworld I'm so sorry to hear someone is upset with you, huge hug, I hate being in fights! I hope you're able to resolve things soon and can move through it.

@TeresaW1020 Happy Birthday to a wonderful, beautiful soul! Let's see those birthday gifts!

@AustinRuadhain Sounds like you're back on track, way to rein yourself in! I ALMOST clicked on your link!

@TwistedSassette Way to go on sleep, it's crazy what a huge difference a good night's sleep makes, it's like the sun is shining and everything looks better the next morning. Pad Thai sounds amazing!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 sounds like a birthday gift, woot woot! Maybe birthday calories don't count?!

@TwistedSassette I am so mad at you right now, I've been Googling away and accidentally did it and lost all my responses, pass those stupid Tim Tams and the yoga wheel so I can stress eat and burn it off! I didn't know what either was until I looked them up, I'm dying for chocolate now!

@TeresaW1020 I liked those Beck questions, especially what would you tell a friend. My pain is real bad right now and I'm trying to put off going to the hospital, I asked myself all those questions and even though it's geared more for dieting I think they're good questions for most of the ways we think, it's easy to think all-or-nothing when we don't feel good or have already screwed up but as a positive meme I like says we've survived 100% of the days and things we thought we wouldn't.

OK, I caught up with everyone, woot woot! I've been stressing over talking to my doctor at the end of the week because of the catch-22 I'm in right now where I can't use anything that helps me to see a doctor to get help. Well I got up, worked out, turned on my phone, and apparently my appointment was today so I'll have to reschedule and she's usually 5 weeks out. It's a different doctor referring me so it's not a big deal, I was just debating on being 100% honest even though it would be a strike against me. SO, this month it's a year since my legs started feeling tired and I relapsed, I first tried getting help in May so it's almost a year. I was hoping the drug I ordered would get inflammation down more but I'm going to have to go for steroids in the next couple days.

I started doing vegetarian Wed with a friend, I made baked ziti for dinner but didn't realize it was supposed to be part-skim ricotta, it was a ton of cheese and super rich! I've never experienced too much cheese but this may be it!

• TwistedSassette
    Options
    @Katmary71 Ohhh I’m so sorry!! Though to be fair, I did say not to look up Tim Tams...😱
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you. Yes, I am contemplating my response email and will respond this weekend. This family member is not being toxic or anything like that, they just have a different understanding of a situation than I do, a different experience. I would have caved at the pasta salad, too, I love pasta salad. Great job cutting your normal serving in half!

@TwistedSassette I've been in an underground mine, it was a tourmaline mine here in Southern California. I got a bit claustrophobic but it was really interesting to see what goes on underground there. That's great that you resisted the Tim Tams. Stay strong, lady! ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for tomorrow's weigh-in. Enjoy the pizza and I hope the fridge works!

@TeresaW1020 "Now, I need to go punch somebody!" You are so funny!!! LOL I do not have ginormous hands, my hands are the skinniest things about me lol, so yes it could have been worse. ;) That is crazy and I hope it sticks for tomorrow's weigh-in.

@Katmary71 Thank you, I'm sure we will work it out. They just have a different view of a relationship/situation than I do and I need to explain it more to them. Bummer about the missed appointment. I mean to join you in vegetarian Weds, and yesterday accidentally ate vegetarian lol: air-fryer falafel and tzatziki sauce with jicama salad.

Hello all. I'm happy to say that I got my first COVID vaccine yesterday and all I have is a sore arm. It's such a relief to get it. I ate a lot better yesterday and the scale is starting to come down a bit. I hope it continues to come down tomorrow.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,370 Member
    Options
    Hi Team MS .... You have a new comer heading your way ... Please welcome @brittgettinghealthy :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Hi Team MS .... You have a new comer heading your way ... Please welcome @brittgettinghealthy :)

There is some username confusion here - hopefully it will become clear once @gettin_healthy_with_fibro gets here. I believe this one is correct. Thanks!
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @trooworld Oh I'm glad your vaccine isn't causing too much strife, I've heard a lot of people feel like they have the flu after having it, a lot of body aches etc. I can't wait until we're allowed to get it here, probably another few months before we get to our phase.

Welcome @brittgettinghealthy / @gettin_healthy_with_fibro - I hope you enjoy this group!
    I had a great time last night with friends & pizza! Though they were late arriving, her husband didn't get the message about coming to our place for dinner so he'd already fed the kids by the time my friend got home from work so we now have a LOT of leftover pizza! But we had a great time catching up and the kids had an absolute blast together. We eventually put my toddler to bed about 10pm just before they all left, he was soooo tired but so happy, bless him! Of course that meant it was almost midnight by the time I went to sleep myself so I am really paying for that today - the alarm going off at 5am was a nasty moment!

With the pizza, I ate over on my calorie goal. But I still had a deficit for the day so I'm feeling ok about it. The scale didn't move this morning, so I do have a gain this week, but since I have been recording deficits consistently all week, I know that it's just water retention from the sodium and it will remove itself eventually!

Meanwhile, I am SO SORE from the yoga wheel pilates! Mostly my core and my arms. Getting out of bed this morning was definitely a struggle. I'm glad today is Friday so I can sleep in a bit tomorrow.

mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    Sleep: 26.7/213 hours (average 6.7 hours) - AT RISK
    Calorie Deficit: 2,861/17,085 calories (average 715 per day) - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 77/870 mins (average 19 per day) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/13 sessions - ON TRACK
    Facebook: 2.68/23 hours (average 40 mins per day) - ON TRACK
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.5kg
    PW: 129.7kg
    CW: 130.1kg
    LTD: 8.4kg
    LTW: -0.4kg
  • gettin_healthy_with_fibro
    Options
    His yes you are right. Im not quite sure how to dk stuff in here sorry.

This discussion has been closed.