Mission Slimpossible - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you so much! You had a great day yesterday, hitting all of your goals, woo hoo!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! Congrats on being soda-free, that is awesome! That's a hilarious card, who is it? Is that you? I'm sure your son will appreciate it. That's wonderful you got out and walked to the post office. It was a nice day here yesterday, too.

@Cornanda Thank you, I'm nervous and excited at the same time for Friday's weigh-in. I'm sorry you are having a bad week. Have you tried journaling what's behind the eating?

@TwistedSassette Thank you! Yeah, I hear it raining now and I'm just dreading driving my husband to work in it. :/ I hope the kink in your shoulder goes away soon, that is annoying and painful. You do deserve credit for being in a deficit, well done! How do you like your acupressure mat? I just heard about them yesterday and am thinking of getting one.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yes, you lead the way!!! <3 80 lbs: incredible! You will have lost the weight of a child! We recently bought an iced coffee maker and it's incredibly easy to make it. Now, we can have iced coffee all of the time and I love it! Did you take notes at bible study? Maybe that would help you remember.

Hi all. There was another loss at my daily weigh-in this morning. For the first time in forever, I can actually picture myself reaching Onederland! I'm getting closer, just 20 lbs away now. I made a meal plan for next week but realized what I planned will not help me get to my goals so I need to scratch most of it and pick healthier options. I was under in WW points again yesterday, working off that negative number I had from Saturday.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.0 lb
    CW: 129.8 lb

I did my new minimum 15 minutes of exercise daily for 2 full weeks now and I feel great. Most days I went way over that time and some just at the brink there. The scale only gave me 0.2 but I don’t care, I know I’m doing the right thing. I’ll give it another month before I consider any reevaluation.

Last week my daughter started in person school (I know I keep saying it, but I was nervous) and in her first class she was the only student 😳. Lucky for us she likes the class and the teacher, otherwise it would have been a pretty bad way to start HS classes. Now all she needs is another 3+ years like this, college and a job that pays so well that I can retire 😁
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I don’t care for fizzy water…plain or flavored. I’d much rather have my delicious tap water. (I swear, my local water plant that draws straight from Lake Michigan tastes the absolute best!)

@trooworld Yes, that’s my silly mug. I know it’ll crack my son up :lol: How awesome that you are “this close” to Onderland! That is awesome!

@GabiV125 Awesome news that you’ve been sticking to the exercise. And why was your daughter the only person in class? Is the school giving a virtual option that everyone else chose? Guess that’s one way to make sure she’s paying attention!

I had physical therapy today and he increased a couple exercises to 3# weights. I was a bad girl on Monday and assembled a wooden file cabinet. I should not have done it because it was too much pressure and repetition using the screw driver. He didn’t fuss at me too much, but the look he gave said it all. He told me to ice it more often. What a bother. But I’ll do it. I am so sick and tired of not being able to just use my arm whenever I want. I see the doctor next week Tuesday so we’ll see how much longer he thinks it’ll take.

On a happy note, my daughter prepped her little garden today and planted red potatoes, yellow potatoes, sweet potatoes and red onions. Can you tell we enjoy our taters? I hope everyone has a splendid day…make good choices and have a non-zero day (I still love that, @TwistedSassette !)

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,621 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I love my acupressure mat! I had been wanting one for ages and my sister bought me one for Christmas. Mine is a Neptune mat. It takes a little getting used to but it definitely helps to relax the muscles! I like to lay on it when I meditate. They look scary and spiky, but (maybe TMI) I actually lay without a shirt on as it doesn't feel like much when there's a layer of fabric in between.
    Congrats on another loss! Your mindset sounds really positive right now, which is so great. That's where meal planning is good - you have time to replan something different to help you reach your goals! I need to do more meal planning, I think.

@GabiV125 Great mindset too - giving yourself time for your new habit to have an effect is just the right thing to do!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Great news about the PT weight increase! Not so great about the furniture assembly - naughty! It must be frustrating to be so close to recovery that you feel able to do things that you shouldn't do yet.
    I love the non-zero day thing too, I often consider that when I think I'm having a bad day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was good. I did a little walking and made spaghetti bolognese for dinner. I added lots of veggies (onion, mushroom and cherry tomatoes) so it actually bulked out a lot and we have leftovers for the next couple of nights. The cherry tomatoes are amazing in the sauce, they're like little flavour bombs when you pop them in your mouth!
    Finished the day with a good deficit, though I had wanted to do more exercise in the evening I just felt really tired.

The water weight is continuing to drop off the scale every day so I'm back at some level of normality for that. Hoping to see it drop even lower for weigh in tomorrow!
    Tomorrow is my regular rostered day off from work so I have a little long weekend. We are headed out of town overnight for some shopping and just to get away on a mini break. We thought about taking the toddler to the zoo - I think he'd love it - but I'm not sure how much time we'll have and it's expensive if you only get to see a little bit. So we might go bowling or something instead which will also be fun!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    4tsxj2jpt0ux.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I am so excited for you and that you can now picture yourself hitting Onderland! We are going to do it, girl!! We are going to reach our goals and live our old lady lives to look good and being healthy! B) An iced coffee maker is something I have never heard of. What brand do you have? We love our afternoon coffee and with summer coming iced would be ideal. Our Bible study had a book and I did take notes, which will help. :)

@GaviV125 that is wonderful that you are being consistent with your exercise and that you are feeling great. You just keep up doing what you know is right and the scale will follow. I hope your daughter gets some more kids in her class. I’ve said since the beginning of this pandemic that I couldn’t imagine having to be a parent and deal with all the stress that homeschooling has caused. I hope someday you will be able to retire really well. You deserve it! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 That is awesome that you have such great water. Ours is good, but I personally just love the bubbles! Yeah, it’s a lot to have to wait for total healing to take effect so you can return to normal. But you have to listen to your doctor and be a good girl! I hope your daughter’s garden yields a ton of taters. :)

@TwistedSassette Your Bolognese sauce sounds delish!! That is great that you get to get away and have some fun this weekend. Are you shopping for anything specific? I’ve been wanting to go to the zoo! :grin:

Hi Team! Today was spent doing a little of this and that around the house. I made a Fathead pizza with the leftover smoked pork that we had last weekend. It was so good but incredibly filling. If my weight isn’t up tomorrow, I will be shocked! We have church tonight, so that will be fun.
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    DAY 35 – Is a weigh-in day so nothing to write about for this group

DAY 36 – Believe in Yourself
    At some point, most dieters question whether they’ve actually changed their relationship with food and whether they’ll be able to keep losing weight. Today’s exercise in the book is to work on believing you can do this! Take a good hard look at the changes you’ve made to your behavior and thinking over the last few weeks and recognize that you have lost weight because of your efforts. Once you truly believe what you are capable of doing, dieting will become easier.

• trooworld
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congratulations on the loss (it IS going down!) and being consistent with exercise for 2 weeks now! Woot woot! Hopefully, HS goes smooth for your daughter.

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's hilarious. Thanks, I am getting closer. I have gone to physical therapy and I have hated it but it does help. I love taters, too. Your daughter's garden sounds like a tater-lover's paradise! I still love the non-zero day, too...I've got it as a desktop background!

@TwistedSassette I pulled the trigger and ordered one on Amazon, it gets here today! I will try meditating on it, as I've been meaning to start up my meditation practice again and it may help me sleep better. I'm grateful for your feedback. Thanks, I *feel* very positive right now! I agree about meal planning. I always do it but I'm not always successful at picking the right recipes. I love spaghetti bolognese! That was a great idea to add a lot of veggies. Yay for the scale dropping! Have fun on your overnight!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! We ARE going to do it. :D LOL old lady lives...you are so funny! I love your sense of humor! But there is truth in them there words! ;) I have this iced coffee maker by Ovalware: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y27W76B/ It comes in two sizes. The only thing is you need to buy coarsely ground coffee (I get mine on Amazon but you could just buy beans and coarsely grind them). It's pretty easy to clean, too. Yeah, it's perfect for summer. That's good your Bible study had a book and you took notes. Oh man, that Fathead pizza sounds amazing! ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for tomorrow.

Hello all. It's a rare rainy day in Southern California. There are mudslides to the north but not in my area. Once again, there was a loss on the scale. I'm hopeful for a loss at the official weigh-in tomorrow.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness! I had to pop on real quick and tell y’all about the dream I had! I was in a hotel room and dinner was brought to me. It was a steak, mashed potatoes, and bread all soaked in butter. I asked if I could get the potatoes and bread with no butter, but was told no (for obvious reasons, I wouldn’t even consider the steak…even in my dreams). I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. There was so much fat on my waist and thighs…just like on My 600 lb Life. Then my ex came into the room and said, “We have to go back!” (my favorite TV show…LOST). Then another man I didn’t recognize burst into the room and I asked who he was. My daughter said, “Well, he’s from the Hydra Station, of course!” (also from LOST).

I told this dream to my daughter as we took our morning walk to the post office. She said it means that I have to go back to the days when my weight was lower and I was healthier, otherwise I’ll be stuck in my own body (cage, like on the Hydra) and never be happy or healthy. I can’t figure out the significance of the food soaked in butter, though, since I don’t eat food like that. Unless it’s a general reminder that I need to make good food choices.

Anyone else care to hypothesize on any meanings? Does it mean I watch too much LOST and My 600 lb Life? I tend to have very lucid dreams and I love analyzing them.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Just popped on for a minute.... not enough time to respond to all your lovely posts. I love reading them every day!

@TeresaW1020 @trooworld (and maybe someone else)-- I like the journaling idea and I'm going to try it today. Thank you. @TeresaW1020 - I am calorie counting. Yesterday I did quite well with the hunger, so I'm not sure if it's true hunger or emotionally created hunger. the week of the tapeworm, I ate about 100 extra calories per day that seemed to help. Yesterday and today I've pushed the veggies for that full feeling that only they can create. I've eliminated several of my usual carb sources, but am thinking about going further with that. Stay tuned. And thanks.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - oh my gosh, I have no idea what that dream means. I've had a few crazy ones this week. We got the opportunity to borrow a rhino from the zoo. They dropped it off and it hung out in our living room for the afternoon. Surprisingly, there was no poop. It was fine until it decided it was restless and started pacing and running into the walls. Then we called to have them pick it up. Got a good laugh out of this when I woke up. What the heck?

@GabiV125 - I can't believe your daughter was the only one in class! What a crazy experience her freshman year is. I hope things go smoothly for her.

@bmotisko - Sorry to hear about the kidney/heart/liver disease. Sounds like you are fighting them with good weapons. Stay strong!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks, I’ve always been happy to supply some much needed…or not needed, comic relief. :grin: Thanks for the iced coffee link! Good to know about the grounds! Yayyy to the scale being down! Mine was up. Thank you, Fathead pizza!

@vegan4lyfe2021 That is a crazy dream! I don’t know how to interpret dreams. The other night I dreamed I was back with my ex-husband and I was so upset because I didn’t want to be back with him and kept asking people where my current husband was. :o Lost was one of my all-time favorite shows too. My daughter and I used to watch it together every week.

@bmotisko It’s good that you understand where the extra fluid is coming from and that the plateau or even a weight gain is not from lack of trying or from eating too much. Keep doing what you know works and the weight loss will follow when it’s ready. :)

@Cornanda I’m staying tuned!! I know that you are going to figure out what works best for your body and make it happen. <3

Hi Team! Today has been a LONG day!! I went to work at 7 am this morning and cleaned our Fellowship building before my staff meeting. Then I went and cleaned the main church. I met with the flooring company we use, and they are coming to wax and buff the main floors tomorrow morning. This is why I ended up cleaning both buildings today. Then I came home and picked up hubby and we went to Sam’s to buy a carload of stuff for our big event on Saturday that our kids do every year. I have about an hour and then I need to go make the dinner that I’m bringing to our associate pastor and his wife, who just had their baby boy. They lost their second son just one year ago this past Tuesday. He was 56 hours old. This third little boy is such a blessing and I can't wait to get in some snuggles! <3 My eating has been good today and of course I’ve been going non-stop so I call that exercise enough.

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    DAY 37 –Reduce Stress
    Stress is not necessarily bad. Mild stress can motivate us to work harder, to meet a deadline, or to accomplish our goals. Too much stress, however, or long-term stress, can contribute to overeating.
    Three steps to reduce stress are:
    1) Solve the Problem
    2) Relax
    3) Change your mindset.

Tip: To reduce stress, change your rules. Identify the rules you have for yourself. Relax your self-imposed rules. Relax your rules for others.
    Beck describes techniques in the book that can help you relax the rules that you have for yourself and for other people so that you aren’t making unrealistic demands on yourself that might be contributing to your stress.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    And why was your daughter the only person in class?
    -the others all opted for online.

@TwistedSassette @trooworld and @cornanda - thank you for the encouraging words.
    Fingers crossed light consistent exercise gets to be a habit.
    I hope your daughter gets some more kids in her class.
    - she actually got one more and all the other subjects have bigger groups

@bmotisko so sorry to hear you are going through this. It’s good that you got a plan and it’s working.
    Best of luck and take care!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    I saw this graphic and thought it was perfect for the Mission Slimpossibles!! Let's all have a really good week and crush some goals! B)

aa8tnxppf55v.png

I'm catching up and just have to say how much I love this @TeresaW1020 !!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Interesting dream, how did it make you feel? I took a course for my psych degree on dreams, who knows what they mean, there's so many different theories! Honestly think of what you can learn from it. It reminds me a bit of when I quit smoking, every night I'd dream I smoked. In my case it was so important to not fail I kept having failure dreams that upset me.

I'm not responding to steroids, I'm not doing too hot but wanted to peek in and let you guys know im still fighting. Keep up the great work!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I have not forgotten you guys, but I have been having technical difficulties yesterday and today.
    And phew, I am about to go to bed.
    I'll catch up on messages in the morning, if technology cooperates. I am having faith that all is now ironed out.

Today was so-so -- calories in the green, but short on exercise. This will have to be my off-day for the week. I am doing better at getting meditation in, and doing longer sessions, which is great.

Wishing all a restful night.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Weeks 1 and 2 weigh in Thursday (04 and 11Mar2021)
    04Mar weight:179.7
    11Mar weight: 181 @broncobuddee

LTD MFP #2 54 lbs
    LTD overall 119 lbs

I am so sorry gang, I missed the last 2 weigh ins and have not been doing any reading or motivating.... =< I need to get back to my routine of doing some in the morning and some in the evening. I have not been logging food and it shows, up a some on the pounds. Still walking and getting maybe half of the needed water.

This was my start - back tonight!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    SW: 248
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 218.6
    LTD: 29.4
This discussion has been closed.