Mission Slimpossible - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• gettin_healthy_with_fibro
    Options
    Yall I always slip up everyday. I start my day doing amazing then around 2 it goes down hill. I have a goal though to track everything that goes into my mouth even if it is zero cals. I need yall to help me stay on track. 🙂
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 My porch will get some sun throughout the day and once summer hits it gets really intense sun in the afternoon. I might try a few herbs when I do my spring planting. I have this cute metal corner shelf that holds four pots. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I spent a great deal of time yesterday reorganizing my kitchen to fit the new things my mom gave me. I even made dinner using my cast iron skillet. I love it!! :grin: I hope that your pain will ease for you soon, but do go to the hospital if you must! <3 And there is no such thing as too much cheese!

@trooworld That is good that you got the shot. I have heard that the second one can make you feel much worse than the first, but I’m sure you will be fine. Will you start doing things that you haven’t been doing once you get the second shot? I’m just praying the mask mandates get lifted here before summer gets here! :#

@TwistedSassette That is great that you had so much fun with your friends. And yes, you are right that the pizza weight gain is from sodium. You will get it off in a day or two. I looked up yoga wheel Pilates and I can see why your core would be super sore. What a great workout! :)

Hi Team! Today was just another Thursday. I went and did my church cleaning and then had a staff meeting. Afterward, I took my mom to her eye doctor appointment. I made Buffalo chicken wings for dinner and they turned out so good! But I also had pasta salad and that is NOT on my plan. Last night, I shared a bottle of red with hubby and finished off the birthday chocolates that he had given me. So, my weight is up and I’m not sure what weigh-in will do for me tomorrow. This is why I’m calling enough and tomorrow I’m back to strict Keto and will get back to my longer fasting hours. Yesterday, my hubby looked up my BMI and was super happy to let me know that I’m no longer obese but just overweight. That is huge and very motivating to keep going. I want a healthy, normal BMI. :)

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    DAY 29 – Resist the food pushers!
    We all have food pushers in our lives. There's an exercise in the book that helps us identify the cost of giving in to food pressure from others. We need to have responses ready to go when people offer food that is not on our diet. The other issue is that you perceive you will hurt the feelings of the food pusher if you turn down offered food. What is the worst that will happen if you turn them down? Most people won’t even remember five minutes later, and they certainly won’t be obsessing over the fact that you turned down the offered food.

Think about the costs you will incur if you say yes to these food pushers. Check off all the statements below that apply to you:
    • I’ll have to deviate from my plan.
    • Eating this might set off cravings.
    • I’ll feel like I’m being controlled.
    • I’ll feel weak.
    • I’ll be giving the message that it’s okay to push food on me.
    • I’ll feel bad after I eat it.

These are very good questions to ask ourselves!! :)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi to all the returning Slims and welcome to the newbies.

I'm Jackie and I've been more of a lurker for the last few months. Christmas, Valentine's and Easter are normally busy at the Chocolate store where I work but Covid has made work absolutely crazy. I try to keep up with reading posts while I'm on the stationary bike on my front porch but it's been too cold to take my mittens off and respond to any posts. I've been enjoying all your posts and intros while silently cheering you on through triumphs and struggles. The more everyone writes the longer I pedal so thanks everyone for all the posts.

I'm 57 and I live in Ontario, Canada with my Hubby of 30 years and our 23yr old son. Our 26 yr old daughter lives 6hrs away.

I've been part of this group for 2yrs now and am down 35lbs from my heaviest weight. I'm currently just tracking in a journal, trying to keep carbs low and avoid added sugar. I'm also a Fitbit fanatic and love the step and minute challenges.

My goals for 2021 are:
    1. No sugar (I've been off and on with this one but this is now day 16 with no sugar)
    2. Hydrate earlier in the day
    3. Get at least 30 min of activity daily
    4. Be consistant with strength training.
    5. Get outside for some fresh air daily (hense the bike on my front porch)
    6. Work on getting enough sleep
    7. Get my house organized
    8. Get back to posting on my blog regularly.

Once the weather warms up enough to stick a finger out I'll try to get back to posting again. Best of luck to everyone.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:262.7
    CW:261.2
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 269
    LTD: 31
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    SW: 248
    PW: 224
    CW: 223.2
    LTD: 24.8
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Yes, I've heard that too. My husband got his 2nd dose of the Maderna vaccine a few weeks ago and complained of a very sore arm but that's it. I hope I have that kind of reaction, if any. Leftover pizza is a good thing! ;) Well, not for dieting, but it's delicious! That's great that you still had a deficit. You'll get that gain off in no time.

@gettin_healthy_with_fibro Welcome! Tracking everything is a great idea. Tracking is so important. I hope you find this group as helpful as I do.

@bmotisko Hi! I'm glad you posted. I hope you are having a great week, too!

@TeresaW1020 I've heard that, too, and my husband's arm was much sorer after the 2nd shot. I will start doing some things: eating outside at restaurants, seeing friends, but I will still wear my masks everywhere. Yeah, I hate wearing a mask in the summer! I'm glad your wings came out well. Overweight category: what a great NSV! Congrats! :D

Hi all. I'm very happy I had a loss today, after an emotional week, I thought I'd have a gain. Not much going on here, I'm glad for a new week.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Quick drive-by here. My plan of minimum 15 minutes of exercise daily is working. I can muster that much time ( or more), so I didn’t have disappointing days for a week now.
    Yeah, yeah, no black and white, but it’s on me where gray area starts.

Except my cat, everyone in my life is a food pusher, Teresa. Thank you for the pointers.
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Username: itsmegina
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 146 lbs
    CW: 145.2 lbs
  • dignow96
    dignow96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Afternoon SPers! I've been offline a bit more than usual this week but I'll get back into gear this coming week. I'm really digging the communication and community that's going on here - it makes keeping on track seem like more of a group effort. So I recently had occasion to dress for dinner and fit (barely) into some previously too-small-for-me clothes which was a lot of fun. Before I decided to change my eating/exercise habits I honestly kind of just floated around in clothes that were way too big. Outside of the rare occasion when I had to wear a dress uniform almost all of my clothes were purposefully too big for me. However, I've recently been wearing clothes that actually fit and it's a fun new experience.

@TeresaW1020 - Sydney's major/job changes daily. Right now she's looking at business integrations of information technology and machine learning. Godwin's Hollow (our LEGO city) is, unfortunately, in storage at the moment and taking up most of a 20'x20' storage space. When it is all laid out it fills a space about 6mx5m (20'x16') - not the biggest by any stretch but it's still pretty impressive all set up. Also, I keep all of my recipes at plantoeat.com (another awesome site/app that allows you to keep recipes, use them plan weeks/months of meals, even turn your meal plans into shopping lists. It's $39/yr but well worth it in my opinion - and full disclosure, that link is an affiliate link so I receive a referral commission if you sign up through it. If you already use it, send me a friend request - I'm Dignow96 over there too. I've tagged/titled all of my keto-friendly recipes (upwards of 300-400 probably) and would be happy to share. Most of them have also been converted to mass-based measurements (30g of garlic vs 2 cloves, 50g of egg vs 3 small eggs, 200g almond flour vs 2C almond flour - that sort of thing) which makes them much easier to log with MFP.

Keep up the great work y'all!
  • dignow96
    dignow96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - and Happy Birthday!
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (2/27/2021): 265.4
    3/6/2021: 264.2 (-1.2)
    3/13/2021:
    3/20/2021:
    3/27/2021:

Made it to 90 pounds lost since my heaviest. Setting my sights on 255 which will get me to 100 pounds down. Working through my closet to get rid of "too big for me" clothes. Historically I've kept three sizes (at least) of clothes but this time they are going away for good. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend -- getting to feel like spring time in the midwest so outside time today....
  • gettin_healthy_with_fibro
    Options
    Well today is my weight day I believe. Nothing has change. I did lose two lbs but gained it right back the next day. So im going to awesome that it is water weight. So guess who is going to drink more water today. This chick right here. But I work in retail at a cracker barrel so this should be interesting.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @GabiV125 Great job with the exercise!

@dignow96 Congratulations on fitting into a smaller size! That's awesome! I also keep my recipes in Plan To Eat. I usually renew mine on Black Friday when it's half price.

@mlhopp93 Woo hoo!!! Congratulations! :)

Hi all. Happy Saturday. I'm at my lowest weight in years today for the 2nd time recently: I hit this weight on 2/20/21 and then it bounced up a few pounds.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 271.0
    CW: 271.2
This discussion has been closed.