Mission Slimpossible - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 CHALLENGE -- CONSISTENCY 102

This is a continuation of March week 1...
    It is a familiar kind of challenge - tracking the exact numbers of 2-3 things of your choice every single day. Just being consistent. And having alternatives if your plan gets derailed. Protect those numbers all week! Consistency is like a muscle - the more you do it, the better it gets.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826865/march-2021-week-2-challenge-consistency-102#latest
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 It was fun. It was a beautiful day. We just ate it in the car but parked where we were on the edge of the park and could see everything happening, including in the doggie park. :) I hope you can pry him away to do it. You should NOT feel like a wimp when you go to the ER. You are in pain and need relief. I hope you feel better soon.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! Yeah, that pizza was totally worth the indulgence. I would say that Texas BBQ or chili is a worthy opponent. ;) I am sneaking up on an entirely new lowest weight and I can't wait to get there! :) I like how you balanced out eating more fruit with exercise...WTG! And bicycling with your husband sounds lovely.

@apple852hk That's great! Well done, you! I would eat the whole bar, too, to be honest, lol. I love chocolate.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! No, I feel fine. I've heard the 2nd shot is worse though, so we'll see. Well done, going back and tracking what you ate. That's not easy to do.

@TeresaW1020 I should be on plan all week: I made up for Saturday's indulgence with lighter meals on Sunday and will eat lighter today as well. What a nice thing for that woman to say! LOL to your response to your husband. ;)

Hi all. I had a lovely Sunday, I did some crafting and ate below my WW points to help make up for Saturday's indulgence. I will eat below my points again today. Have a good day.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Username eahrenee
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Starting weight 205.00
    PW 200.6
    CW 197.8

I think I had my weigh in day set to Friday....can I change this to Monday?
    Monday weigh-ins help me stay focused through the tempations of the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week!
    I hurt my calf last week, and am hoping to get back out on the hiking trails some this week.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Wow Slims, our team had some great weigh ins last week. Congrats to all the losers!

@Mlhopp93 congrats on your 95lb milestone

@krea4 Its so hard to see our loved ones suffer. Sending hugs and prayers

@Katmay71 there's nothing wimpy about being in pain or seeking help when you need it. You should be proud of how much effort you put into your pain management.

@TeresaW1020 thanks so much for posting the Beck questions. I'm finding it so helpful and it really has me thinking about why I'm eating which has helped tame my Jekyll/Hyde eating pattern

@AustinRaudhain Thanks.
    I feel like I'm chiseling away at my weight with a toothpick lol.

Staying active has never been my problem. I was always athletic (not MVP material but good team filler) and I love a good competition. My daughter gave me my first Fitbit in 2015 and I've worn it almost 24/7 since. It helped create an awareness to move. Now I need to put the same effort into my eating habits.

My goals for this week are
    1. No sugar (this will be day 20)
    2. 50oz of water before lunch
    3. Get to bed by 11
    4. Do 2 weight workouts this week (inspired by @dignow96)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    PW (Previous Weight): 191.3
    CW (Current Weight): 190.8
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,593 Member
    Options
    @eahrenee Great weigh in! I hope your calf heals up quickly.

@Jactop Great job on 20 days without sugar! That's so great. And congrats on your loss this week!

@vegan4lyfe2012 There is no need to apologise here. Weight loss is not linear, as we are not machines. Forgive yourself and move on. How is your physical therapy going?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I learned a lesson yesterday. I decided that hubby was going to cook dinner, since it was International Women's Day and all. His idea of cooking dinner was to order takeaway. I didn't object because I knew I had a lot of calories left for the day - but I should have pre-tracked at least an estimate before I decided what to order (our cafe's etc. don't have to provide nutritional info - I wish they did) because I ended up several hundred calories over where I should have been! Still had a small deficit for the day, but not as much as I wanted. If I'd just pre-tracked, I could have made a more informed decision!

This morning I am feeling very tired, the toddler woke up crying at 2am, which he never, ever does. I don't know why, I think he just woke up and thought it was morning because he wanted to go out and put on the TV. Anyway it took me a while to go back to sleep after we got him settled again, I must have been worried about him waking again. I need all the coffee today!
    8da2nm72cazl.png

mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    ztkbvxfso2au.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I totally need that coffee cup!!! :grin: Sorry that your little man kept you up. Yeah, pre-tracking would have been a better option but at least you were still in a calorie deficit. That is awesome!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Girl, don’t be apologizing to us for having any kind of weight gain. And especially when it’s .2 lbs. You should have just squeezed a few more drops of pee out of you. :D You will do better this week! <3

@AustinRuadhain, Yayyy on your loss this week! B)

@Jactop, I’m glad that you are liking the Beck book questions. I’m finding it helpful as well and will probably do the book again at a slower pace just to solidify this stuff in my thick skull. ;) Yayyyy on day 20 of no sugar and having a loss this week!! Keep it up! :)

@eahrenee Yes, @broncobuddee with change your weigh-in day to Mondays. You did great this week!! :)

Hi Team! I was happy to have my scale back down today and hope to keep it there for Friday. Although, tonight I made Keto chicken cordon blue and that stuff is super high fat but soooo very tasty! I did do a good leg workout today with 80 Day Obsession on my Beachbody on Demand. I’m on day 48 and it’s getting intense! I’m only doing the three weightlifting days though because her cardio days have way too much jumping and crazy moves that my body just doesn’t want to do. So, I don’t! :p Has anyone heard of Cozi? It’s a shared family organizer. I just signed up for it and put all three of my emails on it and my husband on it. We will now share a calendar. Plus, it has a to-do list, weekly meal planner, and other useful stuff. Even recipes! I'm thinking it's going to save me a whole lot of sticky note paper.

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    DAY 33 – Emotional Eating
    Most dieters from time to time will eat for emotional reasons. They think, “Because I’m upset, I have to eat.” But people who don’t struggle with dieting don’t generally eat in response to feeling distressed. Beck recommends using Mindset Techniques and Behavioral Techniques to get through the distress. She reminds us that you have to deal with distress in non-food-related ways if you want to sustain permanent weight loss.
    Identify your negative emotions and distinguish them from the feeling of hunger. For example, recognize that you’re upset because your mother criticized you, you’re anxious because there’s a problem with your child, or you’re just bored or at loose ends.
    • Say NO CHOICE. Tell yourself that you need to learn the habit of refraining from eating in response to negative emotions or you will be at risk for regaining any weight you’ve lost.
    • Recognize that food may comfort you, but THE EFFECT IS ONLY TEMPORARY. Afterward, you’ll feel worse. If you don’t give in, you’ll feel better and more in control.
    • Change your focus. Try at least five things on My Distraction Techniques Chart.
    • Have a cup of tea. Or in my case a big cup of coffee!
    • Practice relaxation techniques: deep breathing, stretching and counting slowly to 10. You can do these almost anywhere, even in a restroom if need be.
    • Tolerate your distress. Prove to yourself that the experience of negative emotions is uncomfortable, but nothing “bad” will happen if you just let yourself feel the feelings. In fact, you’ll learn something important: You never need to eat just because you’re feeling upset.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @eahrenee I love to hike. I don't do it as often as I used to, but it's really enjoyable and doesn't feel like exercise (most of the time lol).

@Jactop Those are great goals! Congrats on the loss, too. :D

@TwistedSassette That has happened to me, too. I hate that! I hope you get through the day and get good sleep.

@TeresaW1020 Keto chicken cordon blue sounds delicious. I have not heard of Cozi. I hope it helps you.

@RYcare I'm sorry you are depressed. I understand the lack of motivation, I do, I suffer from depression as well. Can you set a small goal every day to accomplish? Maybe that would help get you back on track. Thanks for your support, I love that you are learning from the Beck book. I need to get back to it.

Hi all. I am a daily weigher and this morning, I saw a number I haven't seen in at least 5 years, maybe more! I hope it holds until Friday. Today it is supposed to rain. I'm glad I'm working remotely, I hate driving in the rain. Tonight's dinner is taco salad. I'm looking forward to it. I love taco salad.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @trooworld
    🥳Congratulations on seeing that number on the scale! I am crossing my fingers that the scale cooperates, but either way, you are headed into new territory! That is so great!

@eahrenee @trooworld
    🥾I, too, love hiking. Even an outdoor urban walk is lovely. I was just checking to see if my favorite state park has day passes available, and forgot that they are overrun with spring breakers for the next couple of weeks. I'll have to choose a day after March 22 to visit there.

@RYcare
    👐🏽 I am so sorry about the depression. I do think that can make it harder to lose weight. It always feels like that for me.
    Is there anything that could shake things up a bit? Time outside?

@TeresaW1020
    😀Thank you! I was so happy to be in the green!
    📆I have tried Cozi, and can see it's super helpful for some! For calendars, I ended up using Google Calendar and having everyone in the family share their calendar with me (this also lets me create calendar events while checking email, which I find helpful), but I may go back and see what else Cozi is doing these days!

@TwistedSassette
    📊I love your bar chart!
    💤I am so sorry about your little guy being fussy. I hope both of you catch up on sleep soon!

@vegan4lyfe2012
    👐🏽 I am hopping on a bandwagon here, but heck, yeah, no need to apologize to US. And we ae sending you hugs because we know you wanted a different number. Hang in there, maybe tweak something. We know you can and will do this!

Monday Check-in
    Yesterday went well. I am out to do well today.
    ✔️Food: weighed, logged, in green
    ✔️Exercise: 45+ min (6 days)
    ✔️Steps: 10K/day
    ✔️Meditation: 10+
    ✔️Strength Training (6 days)
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee My scale stopped working! I have ordered a new one, but what shall I do in the meantime? Keep last week's weight? Please let me know....

PW 2/23:218.0
    Check in weight (3/2/2021): 219.0
    Check in weight (3/9/2021): ?
    Check in weight (3/16/2021):
    Check in weight (3/23):

Good morning everyone. I still feel puffy and bloaty, I'm not sure what is going on. My scale is not working, but I guess I won't be stressing about it. I hope everyone is having a good March!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Thank you for your neverending cheerleading :smiley: Physical therapy is moving along nicely. The last 2 weeks I was on 3# weights. I think he’s going to up me to 4# tomorrow. It’s weird. Like it makes my arm so sore, yet it feels good. Probably just a mental thing for it to feel good since I’m able to move it higher and higher each time. I’ll take any progress, though. I wonder what was bothering the toddler for him to wake up. I hope he gets his sleep pattern back on track quickly. P.S. Love the coffee mug! Hahahaha!

@TeresaW1020 A few drops of pee! I’m dying!!! And thank you so much for doing the Beck book and posting daily about it. I just got mine in the mail, so I need to find time to sit down to start reading it. It sounds like it pertains to me in so many ways.

@RYcare Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I understand the discouragement and depression. I wish I had a magic wand to wave over all of us. Hopefully with the change of weather, you’ll start to feel better. I’m sorry I don’t have any helpful ideas…except getting some sunshine when you can. And I certainly did use the steps quite a bit today at work. Also, instead of printing everything to the printer (which is located in another department) all at once and making one trip, I walked over to retrieve my print jobs after each section. Same with taking documents to the other end of the building…instead of one trip to drop off everything, I made individual trips to each dept after finishing what I had to do. It made me want to get outside and take a REAL walk!

@trooworld Fingers crossed on the scale! Nice job!

@eahrenee I’m with you on hiking! Now that my arm is healing more, I’m ready to get back to hiking my local dunes.

@AustinRuadhain Thanks. I think starting the Beck book is going to help. It’s hard because I eat when I’m hungry, not hungry, bored, tired, depressed, stressed, when it’s in my face…you get my drift. I’ve got to get a handle on it now.

@leonadixon I hope you figure out what is causing your discomfort. That’s absolutely no fun.

Well, my SlimPeeps, I am 2 weeks soda-free as of today. I’ve been drinking just water and tea. That is a big deal for me. Now if only I could say no to the snacks like I can the soda. Ugh. I got out for a walk yesterday...I made a card for my son (who is currently deployed) and put in some photos. Just to make you laugh, here’s one of them that will crack him up. Point is, I made the card then walked the 1 mile round trip to the post office. Took less than 20 minutes, but it was good to get outside for some fresh air. It was about 50F and perfect. Going to try to work in another one before my next Zoom meeting in a couple hours. Hope everyone has a great day!

6qiz094xfkv6.jpg

2021 POTY: WITH PURPOSE
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Got behind on posts again, so I'm just jumping in at today-

@mlhopp93 - congrats on your milestone- that is a big WOW!

@krea4 - hugs to you

@Katmary71 - I'm sorry you had to go to the ER, but you should never feel bad about it. I very much admire your determination about fighting your health condition and taking care of yourself.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - no sorries for that blip girl!

@TwistedSassette - wishing you a restful night's sleep tonight.

@TeresaW1020 - I used Cozi when my kids were younger. let me know how you like it.

@RYcare - hugs to you too! I know it can be hard to keep trying when you don't seem to be getting anywhere. When I feel like that I try to focus on the thought that if I weren't trying, I'd be gaining the weight back.... which is something I don't want to do.

@trooworld @TeresaW1020 - I'm excited to see your weigh ins this week- no matter how they turn out, you two are killing it!

Well, team, I'm not having a great week. I've been reading Beck (sporadically). I'm not putting it into practice though and have had some eating fits that I'm not proud of. I seem to be a bit hungrier lately, may need to look for some solutions that work better than getting super hungry and raiding the fridge. I'm trying to work on not snacking while standing up, thinking through my feelings and my hunger and distracting myself. Not having a lot of success with any of it-- I think that speaks to the strength of these bad habits. I refuse to give up though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,593 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Cozi sounds interesting, I'll check it out - thanks! I always love anything to do with planning & organising lol.
    I like the last point in your Beck section - tolerate your distress. This is something I have been working on for a while, identifying emotions and allowing myself to feel them. I was very good at bottling things up for a really long time, to the point where I didn't even know what I was feeling. I am getting better at that but you've reminded me I need to get back into this at some point.

@RYcare My little guy is usually a great sleeper - he has slept through the night since he was 7 weeks old! So when he wakes up like that we know something is going on.
    Please don't give up on yourself. It sounds like you're having a really stressful time, maybe you can go back to basics and build up - start tracking, go easy on the exercise, do some things that relieve your stress (like maybe staying off the scale for a bit). Sending hugs - you got this!

@trooworld What fantastic news - I hope the scale stays friendly for Friday!
    I hate driving in the rain, too, especially in traffic.

@AustinRuadhain Thanks, I am a charts & tables kind of girl so I like to have that visual representation! The toddler has gone back to normal now :smile: Look at all those green ticks - way to go!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That makes sense about the PT - more mobility would definitely feel good! Great job getting more steps in - sometimes deliberate inefficiency is the way to go!
    Congrats on the two weeks soda-free! All these things add up to a healthier you :smile:

@Cornanda If changing habits was easy, everyone would do it! Good on you for not giving up. Have you thought about journalling at all, and if that would help you work through the feelings?

Yesterday was good! I did some walking throughout the day at work, and a yoga session on Apple Fitness+ before bed. I didn't enjoy the yoga that much, it was a bit too fast-paced for me and I didn't feel like I was in any pose for long enough to actually benefit from it (plus, the instructor was annoying). This morning I have woken with a kink in my shoulder that I can't help but feel is related - hope it goes away soon.
    Calories were under goal, only thanks to my exercise calories though. There was a morning tea for International Women's Day which I ate some junk (not a LOT, but more than I should) and then after work I had to go check on my sister's dog as they're away, and I grabbed a slice of leftover birthday cake while I was there and shared it with the toddler after dinner...I can do better! But I'm giving myself credit for being in a deficit regardless.
    I even meditated before bed while lying on my acupressure mat, that was so nice & relaxing that I actually dozed off!

mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March:
    fnpabiuw7exm.png
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    eahrenee wrote: »
    Username eahrenee
    Starting weight 205.00
    PW 200.6
    CW 197.8

I think I had my weigh in day set to Friday....can I change this to Monday?
    Monday weigh-ins help me stay focused through the tempations of the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week!
    I hurt my calf last week, and am hoping to get back out on the hiking trails some this week.

@eahrenee - All set for Monday!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I had to look up what an acupressure mat was and I think that looks very interesting! I think I would love it. Yeah, you have to like the instructor for an exercise routine to be enjoyable. :)

@Cornanda Why are you getting so super hungry? Are you keeping your calories too low? One of the reasons I don’t love just calorie counting for weight loss is that it doesn’t take into account that there are going to be days when our bodies require more food than others. Hormones, exercise, stress all play a part in it too. Also if you are eating too high a carb diet and snacking on high carb foods, those are going to make you more hungry than if you eat protein and healthy fats. Not saying you should go low carb like me, but it is something to consider. :) So far I love Cozi! I just got my hubby signed up and the hard part is going to get him to stop using his Google calendar and put everything into Cozi. I like that I can do my weekly dinner menu and grocery and to-do lists.

@vegan4lyfe2021That is awesome that you are two weeks soda-free!! Have you ever tried seltzer in a can? I use plain while fasting and then switch to flavors when I’m eating. I just love the bubbles without the chemicals and artificial sugars. That card is hilarious! Your son is sure to love it. :D

@trooworld Wahhoooo on seeing a low number on the scale. You know that I understand how groovy that feels! :grin: I love taco salad too!! <3

@RYcare Just this morning my mom and I were talking about how stress and depression can really affect our weight. The year I hit my highest weight was one of the most stressful years of my life. I hope that you can find a way to gain some peace in your life and maybe then the weight will start to move again. Hang in there and be kind to yourself! <3

Hi Team! Today has been good. My weight is holding steady and I’m 1.6 lbs away from hitting the 80 lb. mark. Sure would be nice if it was this week, but if not then maybe the next! I did grocery shopping today and ran some errands with hubby. Stopped at Starbucks and got my first iced coffee of 2021. I am so in love with the bitter taste of coffee and can’t imagine adding sweeteners ever again, which I still find amazing how my taste buds have changed! If only I felt that way about other sweets like candy! :grin: Tonight we are wrapping up the current Bible study we ladies have been doing. It’s been on the Armor of God and super motivating. Now, if I can just remember what I learn and continue to apply it to my everyday life.
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day
    DAY 34 – Problem Solving
    Don’t let an outside problem derail your hard work! At this point in the journey, we are getting stronger, and we are starting to see what outside triggers or challenges keep us from our goals. The next time you have a problem in your life, have a plan to solve it instead of eating through it. Define it and identify the negative thoughts. Realize that you can’t solve every problem on your own. Reach out for help.
    Tip: Thinking clearly about a problem, even if you haven't figured out a solution, can help you feel more in control, less upset and therefore, less likely to turn to emotional eating.
    Use the Seven-Question Technique to help you.
    1) What kind of thinking error could I be making?
    2) What evidence is there that this thought is true or untrue?
    3) Is there another way to view the situation? What is it?
    4) What is the most realistic outcome of this situation?
    5) What is the effect of my believing this thought and what could be the effect of changing my thinking?
    6) What would I tell a close friend if that person were in this situation and had this thought?
    7) What should I do now?
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    @broncobuddee My scale stopped working! I have ordered a new one, but what shall I do in the meantime? Keep last week's weight? Please let me know....

PW 2/23:218.0
    Check in weight (3/2/2021): 219.0
    Check in weight (3/9/2021): ?
    Check in weight (3/16/2021):
    Check in weight (3/23):

Good morning everyone. I still feel puffy and bloaty, I'm not sure what is going on. My scale is not working, but I guess I won't be stressing about it. I hope everyone is having a good March!

@leonadixon - No problem. I just went with the same from last week. If you have an update you want to provide later this week let me know. Otherwise just check in next week. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.