Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW 85
    CW 84.2
    Very very happy!

two fabulous weeks in a row! Your March is going very well :smiley:
    CW 151.2
    PW 151.6

I've had a great week. I stepped up my workouts, I have been hitting my macros and calories. I think March is going to be great.👍

You too Kelly! Lots of beautiful green on the spreadsheet this week. And if yours was not green, the team has your back - you'll be doing the same for your teammates another week, I just know it. Those goals don't stand a chance - they will all be caught!

Hang in there @Steph1498 - take a minute to close your eyes and have a couple of very deep breaths from time to time. It sure is hard to love every minute with the kids, but luckily the painful and tedious parts of the memories disappear eventually... You just have to last that long! Enjoy your walk with a friend. Hugs to you :heart:

Gorgeous morning so far. We are creeping above freezing and might get up to something spring-like today! It will be a great day for a long walk.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,199 Member
    Options
    What a quiet day! Maybe people are having trouble getting on to the groups as sometimes happens... There was a glitch earlier today. I hope everyone's doing all right. I'm having a way -off-track kind of day, but managed to get an appointment for the my taller half's vaccine today. I'm still not in the right age group, but it's coming next. But for some reason, there is too much weird consumption goin on. There were still good things, though - I spent quite a while working on a project that has been in waiting for a long time. That feels good.

What were your good things today?
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13,225
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    PW 202.0
    CW 202.4
    Coulda been much worse... I'm getting back on track but I need to rein in my portion sizes. Discipline needs to come back with food weighing. Good thing is I'm keeping up with my habit tracker on the bedroom wall this week after falling off the wagon last Wednesday. I've managed to get a couple of decent work walks in to the mailbox and back on lunch (about 1.5km round trip, very hilly) but it's an icy dirt road and we have buckets of rain in the forecast the next two days so it will be too slick to risk it again until next week.

@jugar Sorry to hear your sewing project had to get cancelled. Mine's on hold until my new desk arrives Monday and I can move work down to the basement office and regain my sewing table in the laundry room. Everything is ironed and pinned and prepped, just waiting for a clear surface to reappear for the machine to sit on.

@sunny9847 your consistency is awe inspiring.

@Gidgitgoescrazy what's the verdict with the old job? Are giving them another chance or giving them the boot?

Discipline... Just keep telling myself that I need to treat food like work. I'm disciplined to work even if I don't want to, so I need to be disciplined to only eat the portions that fit in my goals. If I can wrap my head around that, I'll win.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @micki48 I'm going to have to step back from the step team. I broke my tracker and TBH was struggling with steps anyway so the timing seems right.

Speaking of sewing, I am an amateur sewer, enjoy making creative projects like dressing up costumes for the kids etc. I decided to teach my 13 year old daugther to use the machine. All was going well until she somehow jammed the whole thing and it is now completely out of commission! So frustrating!
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    @Pearl4686 whenever my machine is seriously jammed, it's usually because of a piece of a broken needle or pin fell into the bobbin area underneath. If you take all that area apart usually stuff falls out that was blocking you. It's definitely frustrating when you share your passion for something and you end up losing access to it yourself.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686 whenever my machine is seriously jammed, it's usually because of a piece of a broken needle or pin fell into the bobbin area underneath. If you take all that area apart usually stuff falls out that was blocking you. It's definitely frustrating when you share your passion for something and you end up losing access to it yourself.

Thanks! I will have a good look and see if I can sort it before taking it for repair. TBH I haven't got much time for projects at the moment but I like to know the machine is there for me LOL
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being late! No change in my weight this week but I'm optimistic for next week, I think I threw my body into chaos when I decided to get off of intermittent fasting for the last few days haha
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 188.5
    It's wild that it's Thursday already. Time zips faster when visits happen at the beginning of a week instead of later. Not that there are many differences for us in the day, at the moment, but what the heck.
    You asked what things were good yesterday? Well, we traded the leased pickup truck for a leased Venza. It's the color that your Clementine was and will make for a better cross-country vehicle. It's even pretty close to the same payment as the truck so, that's a help.

@Kali225 I have one of the mini-ellipticals - sometimes called, "under desktop" style. I that style because of cost and also room - we rent a smallish place and have too many belongings for a full sized piece of equipment. It's a "Stamina InMotion Coompact Strider" and cost around $100.
    @PlaneMonkey the concept of wrapping your brain around your diciplined work ethic is a great idea! I'll have to try that. I think you're on to something.
    @jugar You were prepared to sew something marked XXL and decided to recycle it? Ahem! You could've made it for me. :-)
    @Pearl4686 I feel your sewing machine pain! I was signed up for a week long online tutorial in August and a day before it started, the feeddogs decided to get completely jammed up. Grrr. I have a "back-up" Singer machine which is from the early 1950's and goes forward or reverse. that's it. It's very heavy, or I'd be happy to ship it to you.

My 3-2-1 plan has been going pretty well this week. That is 3 Ball jars of water, 2 cups of tea withouth sugar, and 1 hour of reading. The reading time has been a bit short. I'll need to find a time other than bedtime to get that in.
    Warmer temperatures today - feels kind of odd to be above freezing but, we'll take it!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone. My weight from my binge is still hanging around but I've been pretty good the last several days. I am so enjoying the weather warming up a bit.

I am off today so I did my grocery shopping. I skipped last week because of vacation so it was a big haul this time but I got lots of healthy options. Just waiting for my son to get done with school so he can pick from a couple of dinner options.

While my migraines have greatly improved since losing weight, i still get them. After talking with my doctor we decided to try a new prescription. I picked that up this morning and one of the side effects is actually weight loss, so it would not be the worst thing if I experienced that side effect along with my regular calorie counting lol
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Evening all, I hope everyone is well. It's been a busy work week here so I've not checked in much. We've agreed the deployment on Sunday so that will feel like the end of a long slog. There will be issues that crop up I'm sure and there are plenty of other tasks to be getting on with afterwards - no rest for the wicked!

I fell over yesterday *facepalm* we'd walked for an hour and were 25m from home, trying to avoid muddy puddles and my feet went from under me. I'm fine, and it was dark so nobody but my husband saw. Was a bit stiff this morning but ran it off this evening. I'm annoyed by the extra washing I have to do now though; my winter coat is filthy, not to mention the state of the jeans I was wearing.

I managed to get up earlier than usual this morning. Aiming to do the same tomorrow, but I didn't sleep well as I was worried about over sleeping. We had a takeaway last night so my weight shot up, but I think it'll have smoothed back down by Monday. Otherwise I've been sticking to my plan with only small amounts of exercise calories consumed.

I'm a bit jealous of everyone with their sewing machines. Mom used to be a dressmaker (wedding dresses, alterations and some soft furnishings) and I think she was always disappointed I didn't get into it. I'd like to now, mostly for home soft furnishings. But it'd be brilliant to have a tailors dummy and to be able to alter my own clothes, especially as I lose weight. What kind of things do people make?
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    @DD265 my favorite thing was always making Halloween costumes. It is my happy place. Now I'm more into home decor and general fixing of whatever breaks. It is definitely helpful to be able to alter clothing. Having a non-standard body shape as a teen is probably what got me into sewing in the first place. Nothing I bought fit how I wanted it to, so I learned how to make it fit.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12676
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @DD265 In my minds' eye, I like to make skirts and dresses. In reality, I need some training and rust-removal so I can possibly create lovely tailored outfits as well. I still have a few photos when my two daughers were in primary school and they wore the shirt or whatever that I made them. They usually chose some wild printed material and I managed to stitch a simple pair of pants and vest for one of them. At this point, I'd love to make some simple summer skirts - you know, the ones we older women used to wear in the '80s? Slightly fitted waistbands with long, flowing skirts. My fave. I enjoy wearing simple long skirts when I kayak or canoe so I don't need to slather up with sunscreen.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,199 Member
    Options
    It was so nice out today that I didn't open the computer at all! I was outside as much as possible, and also had an appointment that ended up having a long waiting period as a bonus feature :frowning:

That's too bad about your sewing machine, @Pearl4686 ! I tried teaching my daughter as well, but she never really got into it. I loved making clothes for her, so that was OK. I made everything from horse show clothing to her Lady Knight of the Badger tabard, prom dress, and general blouses, etc. I was lucky to inherit a huge amount of fabric from an old woman in Montreal who had stopped sewing. Over the years, she had built up an impressive collection of gorgeous fabrics. I have made coats, jackets, dresses, blouses, curtains, cushions - and I don't think I'll ever run out. And yes, @EvMakesChanges I decided NOT to make you an extra large vest! You will not be needing it, right?

SO! Weigh-in update:
    @EvMakesChanges did I miss it?

Due Friday:
    @healthygirlintransit
    @SMcFall0215
    @Steph1498

I'll catch up with all your messages tomorrow :heart:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,277 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @micki48
    Steps 10 march 4876
    I won't be able to get my numbers up for awhile as I've taken on more work and struggling to find time to walk. My back is also still sore (although much better) so no workouts still. Happy to be off the stepping team if I am dragging the numbers down.

You are in no way dragging our numbers down. But, if you’d like to take a break from reporting I am happy to take you off for now.

Sorry to hear your tracker broke and you’ve hurt yourself. Hope you feel better soo.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! The weather has been so beautiful I’ve been outside a lot. Took the little one, who seems more like a teenager every day, to the playground today. First time in months. She has missed playgrounds and all her other activities this last year. Hopefully we can continue toward more normalcy.

I have been painting and walking and yard working and tomorrow I am gathering with two of my former colleagues. We are having lunch together outside now that we have all gotten the vaccine.

Now you are all making me want to drag my sewing machine out. Need to do some repairs anyway, but would love to make something new.

Be well all.
This discussion has been closed.